AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 18:33   Link #321
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I can't believe no1 else noticed this in the first part of the episode yet...
Spoiler for comuket:

Also Himawara's sister was and so was the whole tsun x tsun scene in general . Also Akari~n imagining Kyouko and Yui kissing and then poor Akarin I knew something would happen after I saw the episode title .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 18:39   Link #322
Texas84
よろしく

Dang, that chase scene was awesome until I saw Akarin at the end. That was a bit unnerving. In the previews it seemed she has gotten over it. Did she turn?
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 19:26   Link #323
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Chitose ended up in heaven. Himawari's sister was too adorable. Lol Right when Akari thought she was getting presence she turns invisible. Also didn't expect her to be praised for being kind. Lol the ending.
Old 2011-08-01, 21:01   Link #324
Forsaken_Infinity

Holy shit that ending lol. Totally reminded me of Kohaku's jaded eyes. And yet I was laughing so hard. Tsk Akarin.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 22:02   Link #325
LonelyGirl
Observer.
*Artist

That ending was so perfect for me, I love it so much lol Words can't even being to express how much I enjoyed it.

Last edited by LonelyGirl; 2011-08-01 at 22:13. Reason: Spelling
LonelyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 22:11   Link #326
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

First part was hilarious. Poor Chitose, at the home of yuri doujinshi without any handy blood transfusions on hand. I never realized this before now, but Ayano just can't speak of Kyoko in any way but her full name ("Toshino Kyoko") without any honorific, can she?

Second part...hm. Himawari's little sister won the entire show; she was awesome. I loved Sakurako's "Akarin, Hero of Justice" fantasy...particularly when she launched her odango missiles...and when she was turned invisible...it looked like Akari was finally getting screen time...

...and then the kiss. Which was hilarious for most of the way (Akari clearly did not get the memo as to what the word "yuri" in the show title meant... )...and a kiss actually happened (darned discretion shot), and Chinatsu with evil stalker-face...and Yui and Kyoko interrupting...

...but man, Akari's face at the end completely killed the funny. It's like for the extent of those few seconds, the writers decided to play the scene straight instead of for laughs and the whiplash snapped a couple of vertebrae...and then the ending theme started and it all snapped right back.

(There's a bit of a theme here...Akari actually got cleanly through the opening, but ended up embarrassed when the show didn't start on time...and then she got a ton of screen time, and paid the price at Chinatsu's hands. Perhaps fading to the background may not be such a bad thing after all! )

But you know...if Chitose ever finds out from Yui or Kyoko what they walked in on, let alone the entire story, she's going to be killing herself for going to Tokyo instead of staying behind to watch!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 22:14   Link #327
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Four syllables: MI-NA-MI-KE.
Old 2011-08-01, 22:40   Link #328
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'm feeling guilty about laughing at Akarin

Now I feel even worse .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
For this month's poster, Megami Magazine chose a solo pic of Chinatsu

Spoiler for Chinatsu:
This pic makes so much sense now.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 02:08   Link #329
X207
Gamyūsa

lol she didnt catch onto China's train of thought until it was too late.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 03:10   Link #330
scr
my sides are in orbit

Well, that last part was Mood Whiplash
...but why can't I stop laughing?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 03:55   Link #331
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I'm in the camp of those who didn't like how they handled the last minute or so. I personally think there was no need to turn the series into an actual Higurashi-esque scenario, even if just for a scene. Furthermore, I support and appreciate all the jokes about Akarin, but this was more like an actual abuse, played in a serious manner (all of sudden the comedic feeling and the music were both turned off, leaving just the cicadas). Nothing to laugh really, and I went to bed with this feeling of uneasiness for poor, candid Akarin. I hope she can get past this soon enough.

Needless to say, my liking for Chinatsu went from medium/low to zero/below zero. Each characters in this series has whimsicalness, Chinatsu's don't blend with the others at all. Everyone in Yuru Yuri is more or less "crazy" in a sense or another but genuinely care for the others. In short everyone here is nice at heart, except her, and not just in this episode.

The rest of the episode ran on the usual excellent standard, especially on the Comuket segment. Ayano really deserves a place among the best pure tsundere seen in these last two years, while Kyouko keeps being the most powerful character of the whole series. She has the same energy of a cannon ball, is smart and can do almost anything; she's crazy (in the good sense), but with that carefree attitude putting everyone at ease. Although the biggest lulz came from Chitose when she dressed up as the robot, she might be zero-dimensional, but nose-bleeding even from a mecha costume is something close to a Guinness WR.

The portion with Sakurako and Himawari contained less barking than usual, and was more heartwarming. They always fight, but they're always together, heh. Surprised that Sakurako has such a great admiration for Akarin, but thinking of it they're classmates. And lol at Himawari Imouto-sensei.
Old 2011-08-02, 04:25   Link #332
Used Can

Man, poor Akarin, got assaulted at the end.
I wonder if the Akarin jokes will ever stop. I mean, it's all fun at first, but when it gets done over and over again any joke becomes boring, but in this case it is just cruel.
But well, it may be a cultural thing. I get the impression the Japanese like repeating the same jokes over and over again.
Old 2011-08-02, 05:44   Link #333
HuNGaricum

now finally we got the answer, why Akari didn't get involved in any of the love plotlines:she seems straight to me
the first half was hilarious, Ayano looked HAWT!!! and Chitose was more awesome than ever... her instincts told her that some stuff is going on...i lold so freakin hard, while having lost gallons of blood
the two extra tsun girls becoming more and more close to each other, and then suddenly out of nowhere Sakurako starts to admire Akarin...dunno... maybe another assault on poor Akarin is coming up...
well, the ending... not bad i think... just flipped things upside down... the experienced ones among us must have seen that coming when the doorbell rang...
I'm looking forward to ep6...
HuNGaricum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 07:09   Link #334
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Akarin is soo being abuse.............why does the mangaka hate her so much >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 07:33   Link #335
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

a kiss scene that doesnt show the kiss..........damn i miss strawberry panic they had no problems showing yuri kisses. i feel cheated when they show obscure angles
Old 2011-08-02, 09:37   Link #336
tezu

Quote:
a kiss scene that doesnt show the kiss..........damn i miss strawberry panic they had no problems showing yuri kisses. i feel cheated when they show obscure angles
It sort of reminded me of the Sei/Shiori scene in Marimite...yuri kisses often seem to get this treatment. But I'm fine with this in Yuru Yuri, since the kiss was everything but romantic so I don't really need to see Akarin suffering there ^^;

A-Ka-neeeeen!

http://yuruyuri.com/blog/archives/818

Akari's sister Akane introduces herself I wonder who her seiyuu is.
Old 2011-08-02, 09:54   Link #337
Midonin
Last Engage

It sounds like Yui Horie, though I could easily be mistaken.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 09:56   Link #338
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It sounds like Yui Horie, though I could easily be mistaken.
Ha, so i was not the only one to think it is her.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 10:01   Link #339
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ha, so i was not the only one to think it is her.
After I heard it I was thinking hard about which voice actress it could be and oddly enough, I thought of Yui Horie, too (though I quickly dismissed the thought because it sounded too good to be true) Yui Horie as siscon Akane after her role as lolicon Haruka would be very amusing (generally not a fan of characters like Akane or Haruka, but that voice washes all my doubts away)!
Old 2011-08-02, 15:08   Link #340
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Speaking of her sister, when Kyoko barged into Akarin's sister's room there was a similar feeling to the kiss using creepy music and grainy filter wasn't there?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri