AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 117 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 17.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-03, 12:03   Link #361
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that "Dust-Eater" is a terrible nickname. So, let's come up with a new name for Cassandra.

Cassandra The Bobblehead.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:04   Link #362
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I think everyone will agree with me when I say that "Dust-Eater" is a terrible nickname. So, let's come up with a new name for Cassandra.

Cassandra The Bobblehead.
you've cracked better jokes mon ami - whatever happened to the "which half" sarcasm?

edit: interesting idea by Muk on NarutoForums:
Quote:
tl;dr

but i did pick up the line about roxanne's power and they eye she lost.

i think it has something to do with her syncronization

the moment she picks a target, she'll be having all of the positives and negatives of said target, including if she's missing an eye or if she's left handed

so when she switches over to hating them and killing them after the syncronization is over she reverts back to her original self

so her ability to lose and then heal her eye has nothing to do with being offensive/defensive and more to do with her special ability
Old 2011-08-03, 12:13   Link #363
Double_friedman

Oh, I have just read the episode. It was amazing, very well done.

I love Roxanne even more. But I am bewildered. Roxane said that Cass was a number 5 without her dust-eater technique. I mean the fact that to have a special technique can let you surpass other claymores in such a great deal (number two of that time was not able to hold a candle to her) is something a little weird to me. And also considering the level of ability of the other claymores, I guess they were able to tell that Cass yoki was not that big compared to them, and if Cass didn't like company when fighting, how were the other warriors able to tell Cass was so powerful?
For the time being, I am considering Cass the weakest of the three number ones.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:19   Link #364
MalakTawus

@Rafael

Quote:
If you choice a) than everybody will fight. Everybody will look equal. The ghosts will always win no matter what and with time grow up their yoki power a little more. And then a little more. They all will reach numbers 1. Is lame, cheap because we already know what is going to happen, so why wait for the nest chapter?
NOT AGAIN!!!!!!
What's so difficult for you that you don't understand that NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE SAME GENETIC LIMIT??????
I was quite sure that in my previous post i was perfectly clear,but it seems that you still don't get it.

If you train in running, do you think that you'll become as good as Bolt? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

It's the same concept with the warriors:
just because Roxanne was able to get stronger till n.1-level, it doesn't mean that all the claymores can reach that level if they train!!!
Only those that train and at the same time have a good enough potential (=genetic limit) could achieve the same result as Roxy.
So in other words, NO ONE between the ghosts can do the same as Roxy since NO ONE between the ghosts has a great potential like her.....the only exception could be Miria (i'm not considering Claire since she is different from all the other warriors),but even her is not certain (Hilda said that Miria had a greater potential....but from that and saying that Miria have the potential of a n.1 there is an abyss) .
I don't know how i can be more clear than this,seriously.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:22   Link #365
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Seeing Roxanne's manipulative tendencies and pushing people's buttons it might be she's more of a Raftela than Destroyer so Ryus, Elandyll and others might be closest to the truth.
That's a good way of looking at it - more and more, she seems to be the kind of warrior that specializes in overcoming one single opponent, rather then a powerhouse type which Cassandra is.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:28   Link #366
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
Oh, I have just read the episode. It was amazing, very well done.

I love Roxanne even more. But I am bewildered. Roxane said that Cass was a number 5 without her dust-eater technique. I mean the fact that to have a special technique can let you surpass other claymores in such a great deal (number two of that time was not able to hold a candle to her) is something a little weird to me. And also considering the level of ability of the other claymores, I guess they were able to tell that Cass yoki was not that big compared to them, and if Cass didn't like company when fighting, how were the other warriors able to tell Cass was so powerful?
For the time being, I am considering Cass the weakest of the three number ones.
Cassandra still has a good sword technique but it's only about on par with the rippling sword. Overall QS, especially with yoki precognition should easily defeat it (since it's the body moving and not the yokiless sword, and since the attack angles are predictable once known)... Miria likely would win before Cassandra could get going due to striking before she could begin to wobble. However Miria is held up atm and Clare is a blob half an island away.

Of course we still don't know how much yoki Cassandra has, so opinions on her could change. However her dodging attacks due to her sword style would likely result in her getting lots of little cuts all over her body, especially if attacked by Roxanne and the rest of numbers 2-4 (since Roxanne knew her attack and could counter a head of time)... maybe even explaining why she was so cut up when the purge was likely ordered on her. So maybe her power had nothing to due with it, though it seems odd Dae would have been fooled by so many minor cuts.

I suspect Deneve would be a natural counter to her, holding the remaining yoki issue aside. Since she also fights with her left hand and has the added benefit of being able to regenerate her legs in a moment and is smart enough to not make the same mistake twice... so baring yoki Deneve can take Cassandra by herself and the rest of the ghosts and allies en route can assault Roxanna.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:30   Link #367
MalakTawus

About Roxy stealing yoki from her victims.....imo she doesn't do anything like that,but it's an interesting speculation,we'll see.
Old 2011-08-03, 12:48   Link #368
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Anyway, a couple of things i noticed on my second impression -- now reading the scanlation.

=Yagi is getting lazy again; I couldn't put my finger on who Elizabeth looks like, but in general, she looks like way too many other people.

= I second what Ryus said -- We learn Uranus' name in a backshot of her . Neideen as well, gave me strong Helen vibes; they would have been fast friends I think.

= Roxanne's "affection" to Cassandra, described as "an intense craving" sounds more like an animal admiring it's prey, especially with that face-shot of her :O.

= Sharing the same "pillow" is of course, the sword....that doesn't necessarily mean that they had an actual relationship together -- that sounds like the purposefully ambiguous kind of writing to make us fill in the blanks by ourselves, and of course, the people who are more into that kind of stuff would think that .

At the same time though, It wouldn't surprise me if Roxanne did get with her -- because the impression is that she will go to any lengths to get what she wants.

Cassandra for that matter, reminds me a great deal of Teresa, minus the arrogance; perhaps somewhat of Priscilla as well: an innocent with fabulous power who is both revered and feared for it. Her lack of any sort of affection is all too obvious, which is why she falls almost completely over Roxanne -- even if they weren't physically together, simply the friendship would put her in the palm of Roxanne's hand. It says alot on the kind of life she has had till now .

= Roxanne actually says her nickname which takes me back to what I said much earlier (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=73) -- in that, the way she described it, other people gave it too her. Like Ophelia, people began to catch on to what she is and what she is doing but, because of her overall power, the MiB refuse to do anything...which also means, the killing off of their warriors is allowed and unchecked.

Which also could explain why Cassandra refused to let Roxanne go on a hunt with her -- because rumors were undoubtedly spreading that people were dying every time Roxanne went with someone. Though the end of the chapter more or less explains it was because of her technique.

= Wow, Fenrir was right -- similar to Galatea's vainity, Cassandra doesn't like using her technique simply because of it's appearance. Now that we have the scan though, we know it's not so much because of an ego problem, but because of her innocence -- It's a technique that doesn't really match at all with her personality.

= Still alot of questions; primarily, I want to know like everyone else, how exactly Roxanne is rising in raw power -- Cassandra is also a bit strange in that she doesn't have so much in power, but more relies on her technique.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:02   Link #369
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

I am more interested in finding out who killed Roxanne and how, though I know we'll never know.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:11   Link #370
MalakTawus

I read the english version but..........there is absolutely not even a panel where Roxanna looks down at Cassy's technique,on the contrary she seems to like it a lot (she especially likes to taunt Cassy,lol).
Why people were saying that Roxy doesn't have a great consideration for Cassy's technique?

Quote:
I am more interested in finding out who killed Roxanne and how, though I know we'll never know.
Riful maybe?
Old 2011-08-03, 13:18   Link #371
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Riful maybe?
Couldn't be... her corpse wasn't a pile of shredded meat. Riful herself stated that was her MO.

Maybe she eventually tired to copy someone she couldn't, got cocky, or started losing control of her yoki/was found out to be killing off fellow warrior and was purged herself (we haven't seen her opinion of ABs yet, maybe she submitted herself since she didn't want to become one... as impossible as that is for me to believe right now maybe it is what happened). Maybe she even killed a human... she seems the type
Old 2011-08-03, 13:28   Link #372
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
her lack of any sort of affection is all too obvious, which is why she falls almost completely over Roxanne -- even if they weren't physically together, simply the friendship would put her in the palm of Roxanne's hand. It says alot on the kind of life she has had till now .
It is sort of like when Clare started showing affection to Teresa. Teresa's cold emotions was shattered by Clare's love and affection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Cassandra for that matter, reminds me a great deal of Teresa, minus the arrogance; perhaps somewhat of Priscilla as well: an innocent with fabulous power who is both revered and feared for it.
Assuming you mean claymore priscilla as being innocent, (because right now priscilla is a long way away from innocense) Priscilla was an innocent young claymore with extaordinary potential who also had a saddening past. i felt sorry for her until she killed Teresa.

One more thought, Hysteria could have been the one who killed Roxanne.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-08-03, 13:31   Link #373
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Posting a convo between me and Kuroi Hadou via VM

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised Yagi all but flat-out stated Rox was sleeping with her "mentors"...
Me too, though it does really fit her character. Yagi is usually way more subtle and lets us piece the back history together

Quote:
I'm more curious as to how Roxanne has all of her memories while the other two don't remember anything.
That is a very important question and one we may hopefully get answers on soon.

Speculation... it's either due to her double sided nature (aka only half of her was effected, or the effect was halved on both halves) or she just responded better to the process of "rebirthing" for lack of a better term (maybe due to having a similar mind split like the host flesh, Priscilla whom also is a bit bipolar)

Quote:
And Cass is surprisingly Moe
Lolz... so true

Can you blame Cass, Roxanne is very hot, seducing, and sly while poor Cassandra is lonely and naive... the two in combo usually ends up hooking up and the naive one getting in a world of trouble as a result.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:33   Link #374
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Couldn't be... her corpse wasn't a pile of shredded meat. Riful herself stated that was her MO.

Maybe she eventually tired to copy someone she couldn't, got cocky, or started losing control of her yoki/was found out to be killing off fellow warrior and was purged herself (we haven't seen her opinion of ABs yet, maybe she submitted herself since she didn't want to become one... as impossible as that is for me to believe right now maybe it is what happened). Maybe she even killed a human... she seems the type
Or maybe it was Riful BEFORE becoming a AO,when she was just a normal warrior.....
(i didn't check the timeline,so maybe i'm forgetting something that makes this speculation impossible)

About the reason why Roxy remembers and the other two no, it could also depend from the damage that their body have endured,or maybe Roxy is simply the most recent.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:35   Link #375
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Or maybe it was Riful BEFORE becoming a AO,when she was just a normal warrior.....
(i didn't check the timeline,so maybe i'm forgetting something that makes this speculation impossible)
You are... Riful was stated to be the first female #1. Clearly Cassandra being #1 at this time means this was after her awakening since otherwise Riful would have to have been demoted and therefore wouldn't have been an AO.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:41   Link #376
haegar
mangaviking

Old 2011-08-03, 13:48   Link #377
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Cassandra the Jamaican Limbo Champ

Get on her level, literally.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:52   Link #378
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Cassandra the Leg Slicer?

someone has to figure out a cooler nickname

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-08-03, 13:56   Link #379
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Are they planning to revive all the firsts claymores ?
Old 2011-08-03, 14:04   Link #380
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Are they planning to revive all the firsts claymores ?
There's no stated plans too do so as of yet, the Org ran out of material to revive anyone else and they don't know what AB the arm belonged to so they couldn't revive anyone else at this moment. So short term the answer is no... long term I'm willing to bet Dae is thinking about it and Rimito is likely considering further experimentation with this line of research once they solve the obedience factor... he may bring back more if they can make them mindless weapons that obey orders.