AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-28, 04:03   Link #1
ryogax

Thumbs up [Seed] cagali is getting stupider every episode

seriously...
i think the writer wants her dead, so they are trying to make her look bad to prepare the fans of her "bye bye"..

also after seeing phase7..
im officially on the EAs side...i say screw plant to ashes.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 04:33   Link #2
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Yea...I guess the writers are trying to portray the "bad" side of Cagalli.

Either they are trying to foreshadow the relationship breakdown between Athrun and Cagalli or they just want her dead.

I want her dead actually , it'll be a good character development for Athrun and a good plot device. Didnt like Cagalli from the start.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 04:54   Link #3
nubby

Nah the writers just forgot who Cagali was at the beginning =p . At the beginning of seed, she was a guerilla and now she's a sissy? I think someone lost it there.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 06:49   Link #4
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
This thread wins the title of Best Topic Title Ever It's funny because it's true.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 06:58   Link #5
Blaat

She was annoying enough in part one, do she really needs to be more annoying?

Oh well I'm looking forward to her dead
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 07:25   Link #6
crystar
*yawns*

I actually like Cagalli. I'll be sad if she dies. As I like her more then Flay and Lacus. But I guess someone has to be the scapegoat. If only Cagalli wasn't a politician. She would be more likeable as an MS pilot only. But I gotta admit, it would be good chararacter development for both Kira and Athrun. But I would still be pissed and sad. >_>
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 08:39   Link #7
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

What I care most is whether the author would bring an end to Athrun and Cagalli's love story,considering the existence of Lunamaria and the another Lacus.Although I hope Athrun and Cagalli are going still to be lovers,it seems that Cagalli doesn't understand Athrun's feelings very much.So I think the author's intention is to make an allowable condition to break down Athrun and Cagalli.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:08   Link #8
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
while i still need to catch the latest episode

Remember She's new to this whole politician thing, i'd be nervous too if i knew i had a bit of a temper and losing such might cause problems for MANY MANY people, she's got the fate of a nation resting on her.

lets see what happens
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:10   Link #9
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I'm beginning to doubt whether Cagalli would be play any significant role at all. It seems that the writers are using her as nothing but a catalyst to play out the whole soap drama in this initial stage. Talk about getting the short end of the character development stick... after her excellent role in Gundam SEED. I fear the writers would just dump their newly created dumb blonde by writing off the entire ORB faction by nuking the entire island nation along with her on it. AND if they are writing it so that she and Athrun will split up, I don't know, it seems stupid to do it in this way...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:37   Link #10
MeggieMay

IMO I think the writers are feeling boxed in with Cagalli's princess status. My feeling at this point is that the writers aren't trying to kill Cagalli off but set her character up to hit bottom with her relationship with Athrun. When she hits bottom, I think they will then have her come back as a better character and very likely no longer a Princess
Spoiler:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:59   Link #11
Demon-Hunter

I haven't seen Phase 7 yet but from the other six, i am yet to see something happening between Athrun and Lunamaria... on the 2 previous episodes she was only teasing him, and i could read a little bit of insult between her lines.

BUT as i said, i have yet to see phase 7.... Maybe Anthrun impressed her with his piloting skills.... u never know....

As for Athrun and Cagalli.... hmmmm. Only time will tell. Again, during the first 6 episodes, they look fine, no clue what happanes during the 7th one though.
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 13:00   Link #12
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
I haven't seen Phase 7 yet but from the other six, i am yet to see something happening between Athrun and Lunamaria... on the 2 previous episodes she was only teasing him, and i could read a little bit of insult between her lines.

BUT as i said, i have yet to see phase 7.... Maybe Anthrun impressed her with his piloting skills.... u never know....

As for Athrun and Cagalli.... hmmmm. Only time will tell. Again, during the first 6 episodes, they look fine, no clue what happanes during the 7th one though.
Could you please watch Phase 07 before you say that. A lot of people had watched Phase 07, you are a bit too late.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 13:08   Link #13
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
Could you please watch Phase 07 before you say that. A lot of people had watched Phase 07, you are a bit too late.
waiting for subbed version... i don't understand japonese....
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 15:10   Link #14
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
waiting for subbed version... i don't understand japonese....
What version? English, Chinese, German or Spanish.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 15:35   Link #15
Evan
天使我爱你

Poor Cagali..........I don't mind she dies......so irritating she is.. ........lol

But being stupid and dying is a different matter~ LOL
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 16:55   Link #16
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzak
She started out as one of my favorite characters but it gradually died down even before SEED ended. And now in Destiny I'm not liking her much at all. Yes I know she's young and inexperienced and probably stressed out, but all the same. I love hearing Shinn give her a bitchfest.

The irony in that is people who are hardcore Cagalli fans are like "OmgZ Shinn is yelling at Cagalli the best character ever I H8 U SHINN" where as.. Gee I wonder how many people Cagalli bitched out in both SEED and in Destiny thus far. XD
I know and Cagalli had no reason to witch out people in SEED, unlike Shinn who family was killed becuase of her father. The problem Cagalli has is she won't admit to her father's mistakes. He was responsable for what happened to his people. He sided with the naturals though he said he took no sides, when he made weapons for them. He allowed a traitor earth ship to hide in Orb knowing that Earth and Zaft was after them so he could improved his weapons. When Earth attacked he refused Zaft's help and let Earth destory Orb, killing many of his people and destroying their lives and homes. He stayed and died, so he payed for it, but really I see it more as running away and dumping his mess on his children.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 2004-11-28 at 17:56.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 17:41   Link #17
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
i hate the writer in the SEED-D because he is making Cagalli stupid all the time...... because Cagalli is one of my favor character in the Seed. If the writer really want to make her dead, at least don't let her die because of stupid. also if the writer want luna be with athrun....... i don't know what will kira thinks.... because Cagalli is his sis. after all.
liujeffqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:29   Link #18
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzak
She started out as one of my favorite characters but it gradually died down even before SEED ended. And now in Destiny I'm not liking her much at all. Yes I know she's young and inexperienced and probably stressed out, but all the same. I love hearing Shinn give her a bitchfest.

The irony in that is people who are hardcore Cagalli fans are like "OmgZ Shinn is yelling at Cagalli the best character ever I H8 U SHINN" where as.. Gee I wonder how many people Cagalli bitched out in both SEED and in Destiny thus far. XD
Yah..
I recall so many characters in seed that just didn't like her..
Even Cagali's dad think shes a lunatic..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:39   Link #19
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE

Heh. cause she is.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:19   Link #20
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Actually, the most disturbing thing in SEED was watching Cagalli clinging onto Kira like a barnacle and then laughing out loud when she discovered he was her brother.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote