2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.11%
1 out of 10: Tortuous... 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-17, 01:10   Link #121
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
It is good to see that the high-quality system UI (with working data) that started in 00 is also in AGE, with a unique icons style. Didn't notice that in the gundaminfo stream.
Did you see the social security number? There are an awful lot of humans in this setting.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:25   Link #122
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Yeah, they might suspect him a bit. But kicking the ass of that guy who's willing to abandon the people of Nora, they might be not view Grodeck as a bad guy.
Well, I suppose it depends on who they are. It also depends on whether Grodek has any proof that the captain was willing to abandon the civillians. This is where Emily and Dique might be able to help. Although, now that I think about it some more, it's possible that the higher ups might not event count the teens' testimony (if it comes down to that) as valid seeing as how they are civillian who were not supposed to be there in the first place.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:29   Link #123
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Although, now that I think about it some more, it's possible that the higher ups might not event count the teens' testimony (if it comes down to that) as valid seeing as how they are civillian who were not supposed to be there in the first place.
Not to mention the fact that, you know, they're teens.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:33   Link #124
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Not to mention the fact that, you know, they're teens.
Well, I don't think that would matter much. That's why I actually said teens instead of kids (which is what I originally typed). Teens could still make valid witnesses, as long as their characters prove to be trustworthy. That's why the fact that they sneaked in to the place might be damning for their characters and validity as witnesses.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:39   Link #125
cyberdemon

why do i get the feeling that this new girl Yurin is actually the pilot of the UE suit defeated in the first episode?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:41   Link #126
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
am i the only one here who thinks that the AGE builder system reminds me of the G-System from Gundam True Odyssey?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:44   Link #127
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm pretty certain that Yurin isn't the downed Gafran's pilot. I think someone would've noticed if a human climbed out of the Gafran, especially if it was a little girl. I wouldn't be surprised if she is connected to the UE... but the pilot of the defeated Gafran? Doubtful.
Old 2011-10-17, 02:04   Link #128
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
why do i get the feeling that this new girl Yurin is actually the pilot of the UE suit defeated in the first episode?
One major flaw in that feeling of yours. The only known Gafran to be defeated was blown to pieces by one of its own.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:09   Link #129
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
One major flaw in that feeling of yours. The only known Gafran to be defeated was blown to pieces by one of its own.
She could've escaped from it beforehand knowing that they would destroy the suit to keep the technology away from enemy hands. Without being seen could be difficult but they could have their own means. she does seem to have special powers.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:11   Link #130
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
She could've escaped from it beforehand knowing that they would destroy the suit to keep the technology away from enemy hands. Without being seen could be difficult but they could have their own means. she does seem to have special powers.
When did she have time to escape?
Old 2011-10-17, 02:16   Link #131
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Considering all the monitoring systems in place that were observing the battle (Flit, the Central Command etc... ), you'd think they'd notice if a pilot was dragging themselves out of the Gafran before it gets destroyed.

I also would think that any pilots operating in an organization with a policy of "leave no evidence" would not want to present themselves as such evidence by leaving the mech, and would rather choose to destroy themselves with the mech. (This of course depends on the degree of indoctrination and fanaticism on the pilot's part). Even if they did choose to escape, you'd think the UE with all their advanced tech would notice and would simply kill the escaping pilot to complete their evidence destruction.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:23   Link #132
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

This is all assuming the UE are piloted by anyone.
Old 2011-10-17, 02:29   Link #133
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Here's a theory. How about if the UE's presence in Nora is actually to find and capture her in the first place for some reason? That lady from Diva did say that it was weird that the UE chose to destroy the colony in a particular way rather than quick kill with the energy factory destruction. They could be after something, and that she may be it. Of course it may be something se entirely and it would be a bit weird because the UE have a specific attack pattern.

Just throwing out a random thought.
Old 2011-10-17, 02:33   Link #134
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Here's a theory. How about if the UE's presence in Nora is actually to find and capture her in the first place for some reason? That lady from Diva did say that it was weird that the UE chose to destroy the colony in a particular way rather than quick kill with the energy factory destruction. They could be after something, and that she may be it. Of course it may be something se entirely and it would be a bit weird because the UE have a specific attack pattern.

Just throwing out a random thought.
I noticed that too. My theory is that the UE wanted to bring out the Gundam.
Old 2011-10-17, 03:01   Link #135
tsunade666

They did do a scan look alike in episode 1. They might know that a gundam was being constructed in that colony like in the previews series. And since they knew it they might be interested on it's technology.

And Yuurin might be some issues on big mobile suite. Aside that Flit might scare her when he was getting near her without using speakers to communicate with her. She might be hiding something... well like she's in a run from something?
Old 2011-10-17, 03:07   Link #136
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Actually, as the example of child soldier has demonstrated, a properly formatted youngster will typically display less inhibitions than their elders.
As far as I am aware Flit has undergone no military training, battle simulations or anything of the sort. He's an engineer at best and moreso he is a civilian. He goes to school, plays with his school friends and uses his intelligence to help engineer. He isn't a hardened child soldier or anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Welcome to Vietnam, where children that older than 10 have to running around with an AK47, or Japan, where children at 13 has to experience the feeling of kill or be killed with their own sword.
Did that situation look ANYTHING like Vietnam? Or did it look more like a cosy modern society? This isn't Gundam 00, AGE has yet to qualify anything of an excuse for it's child piloting weapons of mass destruction.

Quote:
You're nitpicking that element? I question whether or not you're an actual Gundam fan. Because...if you're complaining about young kids in circumstances such as war and stuff, then...you might as well just leave the fandom.
Wing, child soldiers. Seed, Kira is visibly distressed by his role in battle and has superhuman abilities. 00, child Soldiers/adults/superhuman. AGE refuses to take one of these elements and rather goes back to the old age jump in the mobile suit day 1 and pilot it for the rest of your life. It doesn't work without some sort of qualifier as to where they got the ability from. Ask a Fighter pilot designer/engineer if he can pilot his own creation.

The AGE Gundam hits space this episode and the change to a zero gravity fighting environment doesn't faze Flit 1 bit. When he kills the enemy there is no realisation or questioning of whether there is a person piloting. My suspension of disbelief covers Mobile suits, colonies and their associated technologies. It isn't an excuse for BS characters.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 03:08   Link #137
monster

Frankly, Yurin handled it a lot better than can be expected for someone who had a beam weapon fire in her direction.
Old 2011-10-17, 03:09   Link #138
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

So far, SonicSP's theory makes the most sense to me. I doubt she was the Gafran's pilot, that thing got blown up and if she were inside or just climbing out, she would had sustained a injury or least some bruises.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 03:17   Link #139
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
When he kills the enemy there is no realisation or questioning of whether there is a person piloting. My suspension of disbelief covers Mobile suits, colonies and their associated technologies. It isn't an excuse for BS characters.
Because he hates the UE. He considers them to be monsters rather than mobile suits.
Old 2011-10-17, 03:19   Link #140
monster

Quote:
Because he hates the UE. He considers them to be monsters rather than mobile suits.
Yep, part of the disadvantage of being unknown is having it harder to get any sympathy from people you attack.

Tags
weekly episode discussion