Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 09:34   Link #4461
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
All eyes are on them since they are the only ones left. Look out how they will be treated next year.
unless there is a oav, no pmmm next yr.
Old 2011-11-02, 09:35   Link #4462
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Game Over Player Two!
L O L

Sadly it's very fitting.

This JSaimoe is now officially over, congrats to Bakabakaotaku and Triple Sage.
Old 2011-11-02, 09:38   Link #4463
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

A rather unsightly massacre by Kyouko and the first curbstomping since the Group Finals round. With Erica getting shot down from the sky, Madoka★Magica now has the crown in the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
A Puella Magi winner is not guaranteed.
You mean, now guaranteed, right? I don't see how it is possible for this year's champion to not be a Puella Magi after what we've just witnessed.

Quote:
I will leave you with this thought, as this is my fiftieth post in this year's tournament, remember the old axiom of "This year's rooster is next year's feather duster" well the PMMM gang just got a hell of a target painted on their backs for next year {where I expect them all to do as well as K-On! did this year}.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Puella Magi ineligible for Saimoe 2012?
Old 2011-11-02, 09:50   Link #4464
RJ TAYLER

I'm hedging my bets on an OAV coming out sometime before June 30 next year, if not then it is the ultimate 'smash and grab' beating Taiga's one shot-in-the-locker superstardom of 2009.

As to the matter of IP bans; I just wonder how aggressive they will go in future: Prefectureal a possibility as national is almost extinguished?
Old 2011-11-02, 10:01   Link #4465
Arkanis

Now Kyouko is at least on the second place of this big tournament, a most pleasurable result.

Regarding today's match: Since Sayaka was able to get into the 50 votes radius of Madoka's vote count, I'm curious how Mami's chances are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
You mean, now guaranteed, right? I don't see how it is possible for this year's champion to not be a Puella Magi after what we've just witnessed.
There is still the possibility that the remaining matches end with a draw implying that we don't have "a" puella as our champion but "the" puellae.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:02   Link #4466
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Mami

I wonder if Id@lmaster will take PMMM's domination spot next year
Old 2011-11-02, 10:16   Link #4467
MartianMage

Now all that needs to happen is for Mami to win this so we can have a Rosso Phantasma vs Tiro Finale re-match!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-11-02, 10:16   Link #4468
zato_1one

PMMM will not be eligible next year or may even longer than that. If Shaft can manage to stop screwing their schedule then we can hope for spinoff or sequel or OVA. But we really don't know when... -"- Madoka OVA is not out of the question but it's definitely not any time soon (if Shaft ever plan to do it). Next year, they have Nisemonogatari TV, Kizumonogatari the Movie and if I'm not mistaken they also plan to do another season of Hidamari Sketch.

For your information, Madoka's script was actually finished three years ago. But Shaft could finally animate it this year. Another example, Bakemonogatari was very successful in 2009 but the sequel is in 2012... Note that Monogatari series is a light novel which means they have already had full material in their hand. But they still took this long to do the sequel. On the other hand, Madoka is an original series... I'd say that it may be one of the reason why Madoka fans are so desperate to make Madoka wins Saimoe this year. Being a Shaft fan is suffering, really. You don't know when they are ready to animate the series. And in case that they do, you will still have to pray that they can finish their work in time and don't screw it half way...

Last edited by zato_1one; 2011-11-02 at 10:36.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:18   Link #4469
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post

There is still the possibility that the remaining matches end with a draw implying that we don't have "a" puella as our champion but "the" puellae.
"There can be only one"

It is possible for the final match to end in a tie, but unlike earlier matches where more than one can advance, (an opinion) they should at least break the tie in the final match.

Kagami and Tsukasa came close in 08, (even if the VD was 61) but Kagami won in the end.

My choice for the next match: Mami

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2011-11-02 at 10:29.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:21   Link #4470
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
I will leave you with this thought, as this is my fiftieth post in this year's tournament, remember the old axiom of "This year's rooster is next year's feather duster" well the PMMM gang just got a hell of a target painted on their backs for next year {where I expect them all to do as well as K-On! did this year}.

Roll on 2012, I hope the draw is not as skewed for you.

SAIMOE: WHERE TOO MUCH BUTTHURT IS NEVER ENOUGH
Only if there's a PMMM OVA, movie, or 2nd Season. Otherwise they won't be back for 2012.

Spoiler for So much for opposition...:

Today's wild guess: Mami
Old 2011-11-02, 10:29   Link #4471
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for more of the aftermath...:

Fourth place...not too bad.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:30   Link #4472
stormtrooper

I guess it's Mami.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:33   Link #4473
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Going with Mam(mar)I(es) today.
Spoiler for big pic:
Old 2011-11-02, 10:57   Link #4474
Hachiko
The Akita

Here's a fact for you: according to one danbooru user, Mami talks like Wakamoto and moves like Will Zeppeli.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:58   Link #4475
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yes, I'm serious.
It's like preferring 4 hotdogs smoggerling everything rather than one hamburger hogging it all. Again this isn't ISML; Character Domination still provides variety since its only ONE character rather than 4 swarming the entire tournament.

AGAIN this isn't ISML, Character Domination almost always end up as a failure in JSaimoe.

But I guess different strokes for different folks. I really do love Madoka Magica (Homura being my favorite) but this is just wrong. I also love Saki but I always thank god we didn't have a Sakimoe final (more like a Sakichoke) in 09 and 10.

Anyway the only thing fun about Saimoe this year are memes. I just hope IP banning disappears next year so I can at least put in my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I wonder if Id@lmaster will take PMMM's domination spot next year
I think they'll take Saki's spot
Old 2011-11-02, 11:08   Link #4476
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Certainly the rie loli tsundere one will be at least a group finalist.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:15   Link #4477
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Yawn. What a thrilling performance. I'm so moved, I could sleep another four hours.

And OH LOOK, Madoka is beating Mami. So moving! Make it six hours.

(Saimoe doesn't have a policy on a tied final match yet, they are kinda just hoping it doesn't happen.)

Never forget
Old 2011-11-02, 11:17   Link #4478
Wanderer
Goat

Aaaaaaand Kyouko stomps. No surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The NY Yankees hold a certain aura and mystique due to how many World Series titles they've won over the course of their franchise history.
Which is why when the Yankees win the world series it's like the most boring thing ever. But this is a different situation, because unlike the Yankees, Madoka isn't likely to come back next year.

I don't really like this series dominance. Don't get me wrong, Madoka is a top class show and has great characters, but it's a bit much when the only way for any of the 5 Puella Magi to lose to a non-Puella Magi requires massive cheating. Seriously, was Madoka Magica so thoroughly moe that even its least moe character is more moe than most moe character of any other show this year? That's too extreme; I can think of dozens of girls from this year that are just as deserving of these top spots as the Madoka characters, so why does it have to be only Madoka characters?

Then again, I'm even more butthurt that a Strike Witch got this far; not a fan of gratuitous fanservice. So yeah. I don't like the series domination, but in the end it's just like any other result that I don't like; the voters just chose differently than me.

Supporting Mami today.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:18   Link #4479
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Again this isn't ISML;
I'm well-aware of that. I don't see why you think you need to keep repeating this.

Quote:
Character Domination still provides variety
Not at this juncture it wouldn't. At this juncture, you'd have the dominant Character predictably winning her semifinal match, and predictably winning the final.

That's no better than what we have right now if predictability (or lack thereof) is all you care about.

Quote:

AGAIN this isn't ISML, Character Domination almost always end up as a failure in JSaimoe.
As I pointed out before, that's not true Character Domination, and hence isn't a valid comparison to the true Series Domination we're seeing right now.

Quote:

But I guess different strokes for different folks. I really do love Madoka Magica (Homura being my favorite) but this is just wrong.
No, it's not "wrong".

If the majority of voters prefer most/all of the main cast of Madoka Magica to all/almost all other anime girls that competed in Saimoe 2011, then they have a right to that voting preference.

It is not in any way, shape, or form impossible for three or four of the most moe girls of the year to all be in the same show.

Quote:

Anyway the only thing fun about Saimoe this year are memes.
There's many fun things about Saimoe this year.

New records being made. A show truly dominating for a change. Humorous similarities between what we've seen in this tournament and in the world of pro wrestling circa 1996. Deserving characters doing well, imo.

With a couple minor complaints, I'm very pleased with Saimoe 2011.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-11-02 at 11:38.
Old 2011-11-02, 11:24   Link #4480
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man the last hope lost badly. Oh well rooting for Madoka today.

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament