Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-07, 22:25   Link #4621
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If you noticed, actually ALL of the Asia continent except Japan voted for Aria, not just China.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:29   Link #4622
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Could merely be a case of RieKu fandom combined with a good number of voters not having seen Steins;Gate? Or people resenting the fact Kurisu is an adult?
Old 2011-11-07, 22:31   Link #4623
Team Rocket Elite

We've got the first big upset. Kuroneko really out does herself and manages to take out Nagato Yuki. Misaka takes no chances and kills Taiga out there. I really thought the match would be a lot closer than that. Even with Misaka fighting at significantly above her usual level, that was still a performance a fair bit worse than what Kanade did in the regular season (57.59% on Taiga). Misaka still has a way to go if she wants to repeat her Diamond 7 performance let alone to actually beat Kanade. The Hanazawa Kana faction really came out today. Not only did they push Kuroneko over Yuki but Charlotte also did really well on Haruhi. Eucliwood vs Hitagi was a fairly normal result.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:48   Link #4624
Eater of All
NOM

Woah, Kuroneko actually beat Yuki. I like them both almost equally though, so I guess it's fine. Nice to see an upset too.

but oh god Kurisu lost to Aria wtf I hate life Asia.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:49   Link #4625
ion475
にこにこにー

Really nice win by Ruri-chan over Yuki. She finally shows her true strength and won with some margin also (Of course, SK's 63.4% helps a LOT...). One step closer to Kuroneko-Kanade final that I wished would have happen in AST.

As for Haruhi - Freaking Chinese...sigh...Okay, just those people in P.R. China that insist on voting for some old-timer.

Aria crush Kurisu. I thought it would be closer, I guess, at the end, Steins;Gate is just not that popular outside of Japan...(No, it's not Aria being unpopular, it's more like S;G being VERY popular in Japan...)

As far as Eu-kun - Let her Taiwan domination continues (62.1% this time). Come on, I just don't see ANY appeal about her (Okay, well, she got crushed in Japan as well, as expected). Fine, nice design, but doesn't make her moe.

And IMO at the Fu-Akari map. Guess westerner don't know how to appreciate Tamayura...
Old 2011-11-07, 22:53   Link #4626
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Could merely be a case of RieKu fandom combined with a good number of voters not having seen Steins;Gate? Or people resenting the fact Kurisu is an adult?
It's clearly the result of china's gov.SERN's ban on time travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
If you noticed, actually ALL of the Asia continent except Japan voted for Aria, not just China.
I did, but china had a higher% for Aria than most of the other Asia nations.
MAL
Old 2011-11-07, 23:04   Link #4627
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Or some of them doesn't know either and picture voted
Old 2011-11-07, 23:55   Link #4628
broken270
Defying gravity

Dumbfounded. The only word I could think of.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:09   Link #4629
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, Kuroneko actually won. At this rate, she might even beat Mikoto in the semi-finals
Even though I haven't watched Stein;Gate yet (downloaded, just can't seem to find the time) I still didn't like Aria beating Kurisu.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:27   Link #4630
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
She IS underage though. Nevermind how mature she is, that she has a paper ready to publish, she can't even drink.

Never forget
Old 2011-11-08, 01:07   Link #4631
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
She IS underage though. Nevermind how mature she is, that she has a paper ready to publish, she can't even drink.
She's 18 though. It's just that legal drinking age is 21 in Japan (if I recall correctly).

And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
ARENA 08: Aria H. Kanzaki [Makise Kurisu]
-I'll eat cardboard if she loses. And I'm gonna be mad too.
YES. I FUCKING MAD.
Huh.. Well I guess cardboard can't be as bad as having her lose against yet another Rie (she lost to Lotte in AST). Don't expect pictures though, just take my word for it. (I'll really do it, trust me)

Spoiler for ironing:

Btw, to all the people who haven't watched Steins;Gate.. watch it. Or play it. I'm not saying it's a must-watch, but that it'd be a shame if you got spoiled. I don't even know how you've avoided spoilers so far.
Old 2011-11-08, 01:16   Link #4632
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Steins;Gate will be popular in Western countries. Those that have already seen it by the usual ways tend to like it. The problem is that it hasn't been advertised or streamed much. For example, in Australia, Madman Entertainment licensed Steins;Gate well before it even started airing. But here's the problem. No streaming, no sign of merchandise or promotion! They're releasing it in 2012 but they're not preparing for it. I presume it would have been licensed in the US by now - if it hasn't, I'm stunned. Steins;Gate combines the sci-fi elements the old-schoolers love and the otaku tropes the current gen loves. Really needs to be marketed properly though. Which is why I like how Siren operates instead even though they're a smaller operation. When they license something, they stream it in full and show it at conventions. Madman sits back and presumes people will simply find out - and can afford to since they're the big dog.
Old 2011-11-08, 02:37   Link #4633
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

my kurisutina lost to such a horrible character.

..and i guess there are more cases of pedophilia in the west over japan? lol. seriously, japan might be changing for the better. XDD
Old 2011-11-08, 02:43   Link #4634
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post

..and i guess there are more cases of pedophilia in the west over japan? lol. seriously, japan might be changing for the better. XDD
Heh, yea. It's terrible, still.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-08, 02:44   Link #4635
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post

Don't worry, Okabe is sending mass D-Mails back in time as we speak, to get more people to vote for Kurisutina and change the results!
Old 2011-11-08, 02:53   Link #4636
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Heheh, who's the butt-hurt ones now ?

I'll admit I'm actually neutral to the whole thing since I'm invested into neither, but it's funny how people are quick to over-analyze and assign blames to try to justify their loses

Remember folks, the Chinese are gonna getcha while you sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
I don't even know how you've avoided spoilers so far.
It's surprisingly easy minus a few deaths, but they wouldn't make sense without more details anyway
Old 2011-11-08, 03:33   Link #4637
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

KURONEKO WON! WOOHOO! Other results I don't care as much. Sad to see Chihiro lose though but I guess that's inevitable.
Old 2011-11-08, 03:52   Link #4638
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, Kuroneko is definitely my main concern atm; others don't matter to me. I hope that she makes the finals, even though finals is already a forgone conclusion.

Might as well give Kanade the tiara already.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-08, 04:12   Link #4639
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Also, I love how people are complaining about block voting in East Asia when they're totally ignoring the even higher vote precentages in Europe and especially Russia.

Oh wait, I guess the only reason why East Asia is blamed is because they have more people. Sure, in a win by majority vote tournament, blame the winning side for having more people. Maybe you guys are looking for "western saimoe league" instead of "International Saimoe League" or something. (On one hand, that'd probably make Holo the undisputed tiara bearer given how she's doing in Russia this year - 47 wins out of 47 available matches (Emerald 3 and Diamond 4 don't have maps). I guess Rajura'd be really happy.)
Old 2011-11-08, 04:25   Link #4640
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Maybe we should work hard to get those maps of Emerald 3 and Diamond 4 up. 0.o
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament