Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-07, 05:55   Link #581
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
But say, if you don't think hitting a girl is any different from hitting a guy, why don't you try it sometime?
because I never hit a guy, and I never hit a girl... hmm... except when I was a lot younger, back in the middle school days... but I don't remember myself getting into arguments with girls that much that I'd want to hit them... Why should I try it? It's definitely wrong to hit anyone with no reason but just for the sake of "trying it". If there's enough reason, say a robber is trying to rob my money, then despite whether it's a guy or girl I don't see any reason not to hit him/her, of course unless they are armed, then I'll just hand my money to him/her.

I know some girls that definitely won't be traumatized by a slap from a guy, they'll beat the crap out of the guy instead
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 09:42   Link #582
Spuffy
オウカ~

Kind of minor, but you should listen to the ep11 preview of Sunabouzu. There is a Tsukuyomi reference at the end of it. You can get it here. I think it's kind of funny when they do things like that.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 11:32   Link #583
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode seven was great as usual. Only disappointment was the change of the ending song. The mystical sense each of the episode built after the end of the episode was completed with the soft surreal ending theme. New one just seems so out of place with the style of story telling. In fact, this was the first time I didn't watch the whole ending theme. My only consolation is that the opening song is still the same.
Quote:
But say, if you don't think hitting a girl is any different from hitting a guy, why don't you try it sometime?
Hitting a guy can get you shot while hitting a girl can get you a bitchslap to a kick in the groin to other brutal form of violence. Sure its different. What Dreamless is just trying to say underneath his politically correct tone that hitting a girl has severe after effect, yes, far more severe than getting shot.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 12:15   Link #584
Lost Souls

Quote:
Like I said it's just my opinion, and I will defend it. I'm not going to look down on anyone for having their own opinions about an anime show. It is anime. And I've never said hitting a guy is good thing to do either. But trust me a guy can take a couple of slaps in the face. If I get smacked by another guy, it won't traumatize me as much as it would fuel the fire.

Only one guy has ever slapped me, and he's never done it since. Believe me us gals are far from the weak willed things you seem to think we are. I'll give as good as i get.

As for the Hazuki/Kouhei thing. At this moment in time Kouhei IS Hazuki's defacto parent. He was told by her mum to look after her. What Hazuki did is basicly mind rape, and she deserved to be slapped. That slap helpped set her right, and jopefully now she relises where she went wrong.

The western world is to soft on kids these days, ive read reports of parents being arrested for slapping the kids legs for throwing a tantrum and stuff, this is just pathetic. And then people have the balls to whine about teenage crime being on the rise.

Frankly i like the easter philosophis on punishment, they make alot of sense. But as you said, 'It's just my opinion' :P
Lost Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 00:19   Link #585
Srin Tuar
無謀

episode 10:

Spoiler:

a screen shot:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 20:23   Link #586
LK_LoA

Ah.. animesuki forums. Where a comment about subs or slapping can derail an entire thread. XD
*resisting urge to say more..... makes will save* =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Kind of minor, but you should listen to the ep11 preview of Sunabouzu. There is a Tsukuyomi reference at the end of it. You can get it here. I think it's kind of funny when they do things like that.
Spuffy,
It's even funnier if you know that the red-hair girl in Sunabouzo is Chiwa Saitou who also voiced Hazuki. Best cross-reference since the Kokoro cosplay in the ED eye-catches. XD
Q: is it considered parody if you parody yourself?
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 22:10   Link #587
Chronissz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
Ah.. animesuki forums. Where a comment about subs or slapping can derail an entire thread. XD
*resisting urge to say more..... makes will save* =P

Spuffy,
It's even funnier if you know that the red-hair girl in Sunabouzo is Chiwa Saitou who also voiced Hazuki. Best cross-reference since the Kokoro cosplay in the ED eye-catches. XD
Q: is it considered parody if you parody yourself?
Or rather, AnimeSuki forums, where anything that isnt strictly on-topic is considered a deadly sin.

It definitly pertains to the series, and its certainly worth talking about, so why not? Its all just text on your screen in the end, is it really so bad to think outside the box and relate the anime's themes to everyday life and the social standards/expectations we all live by?

For me, that is the reason I watch anime.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 01:16   Link #588
LK_LoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
It definitly pertains to the series, and its certainly worth talking about, so why not? Its all just text on your screen in the end, is it really so bad to think outside the box and relate the anime's themes to everyday life and the social standards/expectations we all live by?

For me, that is the reason I watch anime.
Lol. Anime themes to everyday life? Then every guy in this forum is a mecha-pilot with an assorted harem. XD Someone needs to see Otaku no Video or its current reincarnation as Genshiken. Real life is not anime although at times, I even wish it was....

Anyone see the juxtaposition irony where Hazuki and Elfreide sucking Kouhe's blood illicits no reaction from viewers while a mundane act like slapping Hazuki from misusing her powers does?
Old 2004-12-10, 01:45   Link #589
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
Anyone see the juxtaposition irony where Hazuki and Elfreide sucking Kouhe's blood illicits no reaction from viewers while a mundane act like slapping Hazuki from misusing her powers does?
Well, that's what vampires do. It's sort of expected of them.
Korb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 13:42   Link #590
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Oh gods.

I've seen the first episode, and I couldn't stop watching until I finished all of them. I am quite hooked.

Spoiler for up to episode 6:
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 20:34   Link #591
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
Oh gods.

I've seen the first episode, and I couldn't stop watching until I finished all of them. I am quite hooked.

Spoiler for up to episode 6:
So far there are 7 ep.s have been subbed, I think its going to be 24 or 26 ep.s.

Also have people seen the Hazuki figure , that comes with the first volume dvd, the website says its set for a 2005 release on the 21st of january

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/ts...ews/index.html

hazuki looks so Kawaii

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-01-31 at 06:29.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 02:04   Link #592
LK_LoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Also have people seen the Hazuki figure , that comes with the first volume dvd, the website says its set for a 2005 release on the 21st of january

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/ts...ews/index.html

hazuki looks so Kawii ^___^
The picture is too small to say whether the figurine is a good one or not. But at least they choose the gothic lolita version. ^_^

If you prefer the normal clothes version, here's a decent one with Heidi:
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TRA00009
Old 2004-12-12, 09:27   Link #593
evil-samurai

I just watched ep.8 and it seems like they really slacked off with detail in drawing hazuki face, she isn't drawn that well compare to all the other ep.s, but looking at the preview for next ep from the one shot of hazuki it looks like that it could just be for that episode they slacked off since she wasn't in the episode much, well apart for that it was good.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-01-31 at 06:30.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 21:59   Link #594
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
I didn't think the less emphasis on detail on Hazuki detracted from the episode. She clearly does not play a big role, and it would've been distracting to draw her with all the style, flair, and character she usually has.

Let Gramps and Elfriede take the spotlight for a short while, hm?
Old 2004-12-13, 00:19   Link #595
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think they farmed parts of episode 8 out to another animation group. Kouhei looks very different in some scenes. Maybe they needed more staff to do the bright, complex patterns on the Count's walls, the city scene with bubbles and the night scene on the rooftop, all in one episode, and still keep to schedule? The bubble scenes are where Kouhei and Grampa look different to me.

But I actually love how Hazuki looks in the rooftop scene. And all three of the scenes I mention above look great to me.

This episode has one of the stranger and more memorable images in the series: the closeup at the end of Elfrieda's face on Kouhei's neck. It makes her look like a big vampire gopher, with her fangs moving as she talks.

Update: The official site has updated the story to chapter 15, so it's going at least that far. It was only up to 5 or so for a long time, so I expect it will go further:
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/ts...ory/index.html

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2004-12-13 at 00:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:25   Link #596
LK_LoA

Woohoo.. Looks like it's a 26 episode series!
Old 2004-12-15, 18:20   Link #597
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Spoiler for episode 8:
Old 2004-12-15, 23:44   Link #598
DeepFreeze

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 8:
Man...imagine how many scars Kouhei is gonna have on his neck by the end of the series.
DeepFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:49   Link #599
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Little round red scabs all over the neck.
Old 2004-12-16, 01:22   Link #600
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Little round red scabs all over the neck.
I sure hope he doesn't have any STDs otherwise there's going to be some major issues :P

All those unknown vampires. Who knows where those teeth have been.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen