Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-04, 12:58   Link #1
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Looking for a Sci-Fi anime with at least a female among the main cast

Like the title says, i'd like to see some sci-fi anime with at least a female among the main cast and some action but i have no idea what to watch since i did seen a lot of shows...

Here is my animelist: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Strike105X
Old 2012-02-04, 13:08   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try at least Gin'iro no Olynssis, it features a female as a part of the cast. For those who don't know about this, the story sets in a extremely-far futuristic world when a mysterious barrier envelops the entire Earth. A group of organic machines known as Gardeners destroys all humans in order to preserve the planet. Tokito is one of the hunters who extermines the Gardeners until one day he mets as mysterious girl named Tea.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-04, 13:14   Link #3
mecharobot

I see your list is missing Planetes, so I'll recommend that. A rather realistic space anime with humane characters and nice story.
Old 2012-02-04, 13:30   Link #4
Stealther

Real Drive
Old 2012-02-04, 13:52   Link #5
lightsenshi
Author

Crest/Banner of the Stars
Old 2012-02-04, 13:57   Link #6
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I think the OP has seen Crest/Banner of the Stars (on their MAL), as I was going to recommend it too XD

I'll offer up Mars Daybreak. It's a mecha/sci-fi/comedy/romance which (having romance) obviously has a female protag. Quite a large female cast in general though.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:00   Link #7
jedinat

I don't see any Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on your list...
Old 2012-02-04, 14:08   Link #8
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Btw when i say sci-fi even something such as Nanoha or Kannaduki no Miko is fine,or something more inclined on comedy like Galaxy Angel is fnine, just as a heads up :P.

I seen Crest/banner of the Stars indeed, as for Mars Daybreak i kept forgetting to add it to the list >.< ...
Old 2012-02-04, 14:24   Link #9
Autumn Demon
~

yakushiji ryoko no kaiki jikenbo
Old 2012-02-04, 14:32   Link #10
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Towards the terra isn't bad.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

The original Macross (you've seen later macross, but not the original). Do you Remember Love? as well

Aim for the top!

You could also try Ghibli movies, say Laputa.

Summer Wars

Time of Eve
Old 2012-02-04, 14:41   Link #11
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

You should also watch Bodacious Space Pirates, it has female protagonist and a large female cast (though it's not harem and doesn't have male protagonist). The story deals with Marika, a 17 years old girl who was asked by two minions that she will became the the captain of the spaceship called Bentenmaru, her father uses the same role of spaceship as her however he died 50 years ago.

The same go for Lagrange : Flower of Rinne (female protagonist, large amount of female cast but not male protagonist) : it's about a 16-years old girl named Madoka who currently lives in a coastline, however she met a mysterious girl named Lan and asks Madoka to pilot a giant robot called Vox to preserve the mankind and fight against evil organization.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-04, 14:46   Link #12
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Sorry i forgot to mention, no ongoing, also as long as their are females its no problem, but i do want at least one as a bare minimum :P.
Old 2012-02-04, 15:11   Link #13
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I don't see any Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on your list...
Right? I had to triple check to believe it. Delorean, I suggest you correct this mistake ASAP.

...No, really. The show is that good. You'll love the lead character.
Old 2012-02-04, 15:20   Link #14
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I didn't see these two titles in your list, therefore here i go:

Steins;Gate: It's just a monster of anime. Awesome animation, fucking cool protagonist, amazing main female character, awesome plot and a good cast of other girls. It's about time travelling, but it's settled in our world and timeline. So, it's everything normal with the exception that these friends manage how to find a way to send messages to the past. They'll have to face the consequences tho... The anime is made of 24 episodes, has the time travel as main focus and it starts a bit slowly, but as the story progresses, you will be surprised and it develops a very deep romance nearing the end. You would love it even if you weren't looking for a sci-fi anime, let it alone if you were. Here a pic of the main cast:
Spoiler for pic:

The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: I noticed you saw the first season, but i don't know if you are aware that there is a second one plus a movie. Of the second season, i suggest you skip 6/8 episodes of Endless Eight(you'll understand why when you get there. You'll have to watch only the 1st and the 8th). The main thing comes with the movie tho, The disappearance of haruhi Suzumiya that is a masterpiece of animation, beside containing an awesome plot, rich of surprises and some mindfucking, some time travelling an awesome development of characters.

These are just the best bets imo.
Old 2012-02-04, 15:31   Link #15
kitten320

Steins;Gate is your best choice from what I know. It has several females among the gang, one of them is very smart and famous among fans.

Action kicks in 2nd part of the series.
Old 2012-02-04, 15:51   Link #16
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Forgot to add Steins;Gate to the list and will be sure to watch Ghost in the Shell series.
Old 2012-02-04, 15:53   Link #17
miketyson

I was going to suggest Kurau but you've already seen it.

Yokohama Shopping Trip?
Old 2012-02-04, 19:35   Link #18
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pretty much any and all Matsumoto created space opera anime + Space Battleship Yamato.

(Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Queen Emeraldas, Queen Millennia, Galaxy Express 999, and the large number of anime based on these shows)
Old 2012-02-04, 19:59   Link #19
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It's so sad that no one seems to watch the remarkable Noein any more. The main character is a twelve-year-old girl who becomes the nexus of "inter-dimensional" conflict. There's a stream on Hulu, but sadly only the dubbed episodes are available there.

Next we have Dennou Coil, another striking omission from your long list. The main characters are 10-11 year-old girls. One of the most inventive and best-produced anime series of the past decade.

Oh! Edo Rocket is actually a science-fiction show only it's set in 1843-44 Edo. There's a main couple and some other important females as well. Superficially it's a comedy, but at base it's a political satire.

Nijuu Mensou no Musume
is an adventure show set just after World War II. It has a variety of sci-fi themes, but the plot is much more focused on the "musume" herself.

There are a variety of female characters in Level E that come in and out of the episodes. None of them is the main character, but many of them play significant roles in the story. Beyond that, it's just downright hilarious.

Oh, and another vote for Planetes. Also, while I don't know whether you'd call it sci-fi or just a show about a dysfunctional future, Toshokan Sensou includes a similar romantic involvement between a female rookie and her male senpai.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-02-04 at 20:17.
Old 2012-02-05, 20:28   Link #20
NoLongerSane

Adding to those who have suggested Planetes. You could try The Big O or Betterman.