AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 04:19   Link #761
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I haven't grind Kichu much (crystarium haven't even completed yet and I also haven't started infusing it ), but I used poison strategy to make it work...then again, I almost lose when his HP was pretty low since he started spamming his attacks ._.

I've also heard that Yomi is quite good to grind gil, but..it still takes a long time for me to beat him Guess I'll do your suggestion and start grinding my Kichu.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 06:45   Link #762
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

@von himmel you'll be using SAB SAB COM for the whole battle and when Yomi uses the barrier use that time to heal and if possible, buff yourself.

Oh I almost forgot, make sure you have atb rate 40-50% weapon it'll help alot

If u want, there's an alternative for gil farming: rasputil @ oerba 300 or 400 AF if you have gilfinder II on your monster (i recommend you infuse moblin to any offensive monster) or equip a durable collector catalog and you're likely to net about 100k or more per battle and killing it is so easy, just follow this sequence: buff(SYN:Noel, SAB:Serah, SYN:Purple Choco)/ debuff (SAB:Noel, SAB:Serah, COM or RAV)/ break/ kill... just focus on the boss only and since it's going to summon for help... ignore them they're just fodders.

Anyways, this is all i can do for you for now (I'd give you more tips but my eyes are droopy and it's pretty darn late already... i think it's 6 am already lol) :P so have fun
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 07:39   Link #763
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
When you level up your crystarium, you can see that there are two kind of nodes (or sphere or whatever you call it ). One is big and the other one is smaller. If you level up specific role like RAV or COM on big node, you'll get a bonus.
So what exactly is it you need to do to get the biggest bonuses with the nodes?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 08:21   Link #764
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Theoretically, you should just put the role that gives stat bonus you wanted to big nodes and use the small node for other roles. However... I'm not sure whether the small role grants different status too depending on the role you levelled up. Well what I did is to level-up RAV and COM first until certain level (which is when they already got the skills for the respective roles) and then apply this method (for example, my Serah primary stat is STR so I usually level-up RAV first and then only level-up COM during big nodes).

Then again, you can do whatever you want and still be uberly powerful in the end since the game isn't the enemy isn't that hard to begin with.

Quote:
But I need to farm Ochu first Guess I'll do some fragment first and see whether I could find some item drop rate up in my of completing it.

Old 2012-02-09, 19:35   Link #765
Mateus

I haven't played the game myself so what I know is based soley on spoilers, but the DLC ending could be a Snow-centric episode involving him finding Serah...again.
Old 2012-02-09, 19:55   Link #766
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
30 hours put into this game and only to find out you have to pay for the real ending, nice job Square Enix. That was $60 well spent -_-.
If the price for the real ending is more then 19 dollars. Then they are definitely trying to hog as much money from this as possible. Then again, it probably costed quite a bit to get all those "Movie-Worth" cutscenes in place. As well as the live-action gameplay...
Old 2012-02-09, 23:55   Link #767
Mateus

I don't get why SE would be trying to milk so much from this particular installment anyway. XIII didn't do so hot, and XIII-2 looks like it hasn't done much better. I don't know what the ratings for Type-0/Agito are, but seems like Versus XIII maybe the only glimmer of brilliance in this entire Fabula Crystalis Anthology.
Old 2012-02-10, 00:24   Link #768
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I don't get why SE would be trying to milk so much from this particular installment anyway. XIII didn't do so hot, and XIII-2 looks like it hasn't done much better. I don't know what the ratings for Type-0/Agito are, but seems like Versus XIII maybe the only glimmer of brilliance in this entire Fabula Crystalis Anthology.
While reception for FF XIII wasn't the best, the sales were around 6.2 million copies, making it the 4th best selling game in the FF series. Makes sense for a sequel to be made IMO.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 00:27   Link #769
Mateus

But there was still a lot of 'hatedom' going on even after so many copies were purchased, and gamers are voicing complaints about XIII-2 (a lot of it has been jsut the ending). Maybe it's just one of those "damned if you, damned if you don't" kinds of cases with Square-Enix.
Old 2012-02-10, 01:40   Link #770
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
@von himmel you'll be using SAB SAB COM for the whole battle and when Yomi uses the barrier use that time to heal and if possible, buff yourself.

If u want, there's an alternative for gil farming: rasputil @ oerba 300 or 400 AF if you have gilfinder II on your monster (i recommend you infuse moblin to any offensive monster) or equip a durable collector catalog and you're likely to net about 100k or more per battle and killing it is so easy, just follow this sequence: buff(SYN:Noel, SAB:Serah, SYN:Purple Choco)/ debuff (SAB:Noel, SAB:Serah, COM or RAV)/ break/ kill... just focus on the boss only and since it's going to summon for help... ignore them they're just fodders.

Anyways, this is all i can do for you for now (I'd give you more tips but my eyes are droopy and it's pretty darn late already... i think it's 6 am already lol) :P so have fun
..Wait, how do I find Rasputil again? I've been circling for about 1 hour and still don't find it

Old 2012-02-10, 02:47   Link #771
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Finally got this game. I kind of laughed when I opened the EU Collectors Edition and saw the 3D Lenticular poster of Lightning. Now fans can gaze at her in admiration from any angle at any time XD

If it's one thing this game will be remembered for it will be how annoying Chocolina gets... Maybe Square-Enix knows they've doomed the series with their latest attempts at the franchise with XIII and XIV.

Well, the prequel actually wasn't too bad but it looks like they're trying new ideas and trying to break into a new market.

It feels a mish-mash of ideas... Pokemon, Steins;gate, Terminator = /
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:34   Link #772
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
..Wait, how do I find Rasputil again? I've been circling for about 1 hour and still don't find it
Do you have the fragment skill that increases the odds of a rare monster appearing? My Rasputil showed up in about 5 minutes with that on.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:35   Link #773
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ah yes, forgot to use that ;( The chance of it appearing without using the fragment is outrageous ._.

Old 2012-02-10, 12:20   Link #774
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
While reception for FF XIII wasn't the best, the sales were around 6.2 million copies, making it the 4th best selling game in the FF series. Makes sense for a sequel to be made IMO.
Square-Enix usually makes a Final Fantasy sequel because they need more money. After all, making a sequel is cheaper as they can reuse assets. In this case, FFXIII sold well, but not well enough to offset the fortune they invested into its development. Then there's the whole FFXIV debacle...
Old 2012-02-10, 13:47   Link #775
TJR

Quote:
I don't get why SE would be trying to milk so much from this particular installment anyway. XIII didn't do so hot, and XIII-2 looks like it hasn't done much better.
From what I understand, X-2 was pushed on them because they lacked the capital to make much of anything. The developers weren't exactly thrilled, but it was seen as a necessary step at the time.

On the other hand, the development side was eager to do XIII-2 because of management's unhappiness over the XIII project. In interviews, there was talk about getting the team to make something different (not RPGs), so the directorial staff really wanted a second shot (which would prove that XIII was more worthwhile than the company previously thought).

In that sense, there was probably some alignment between business and developmental goals. The team wanted to prove that investments like FFXIII were still viable and successful, and that they could be trusted to make them. The business end would've recognized the quick turnaround and guaranteed profit.

As for the inconclusive ending, who knows? Either DLC was planned from the start, or someone was hedging bets that XIII-3 would be approved.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 22:06   Link #776
Mateus

I'll withhold actual judgment until I have finished XIII (despite already knowing how it ends) and XIII-2, still I think vs XIII is going to be the bread-winner of the Fabula Crystalis anthology.
Old 2012-02-11, 10:28   Link #777
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally..got my platinum at last. It took me 70 hours or so

Aaah, this game is soo good. Now I just need to wait for the upcoming DLCs.

Old 2012-02-12, 15:07   Link #778
com_gwp

Speaking of DLCs...

*Reach Serendipity. Go to slot machines. Talk to attendant. Card table option: To be unlocked with future downlable content.*

My face when I read that. God, sometimes I can't help but facepalm at the directions gaming seems to be taking this gen.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 02:21   Link #779
Crono_Cross
Time traveler.

The only thing I can say is that when I saw the game in gamestop, I had to stop myself from buying it because i didn't finish the first one...and I want to finish the first one first.(sorry, just got in few days ago and not used to posting on this forum yet lol)
Crono_Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:35   Link #780
SidVicious
Anime addict

Any tips for defeating the three Bahamuts?