AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-11, 20:55   Link #361
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
It's like Rebecca Black, she had her moment and nothing happened.
Please.....

Don't mention that name. She is just so awful. It makes me sick, she just sucks so much.
There is a reason why she had the most hated video of all time on Youtube.

Anyways, I liked the chapter but it could have been a little bit better. With Clare in it of course.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-02-11, 22:12   Link #362
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

MS dropped claymore and the rest of the mangas licenced by viz.

Spoiler for excerpt:

bolded part: funny and so true

the rest is on their page, we could still get translations (possibly the so called "spoilers") though
Old 2012-02-11, 23:05   Link #363
Friday
Im shy too...

very sad that.....and we were just getting to the juicy part!
Old 2012-02-12, 00:23   Link #364
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
MS dropped claymore and the rest of the mangas licenced by viz.

Spoiler for excerpt:

bolded part: funny and so true

the rest is on their page, we could still get translations (possibly the so called "spoilers") though
Microsoft dropped whazawhaza!?!?

oh, mangastream....you had me going for a while there

mangastream sure does sound mad lol. The statement they released stopped short of cursing. Seriously, what did they expect?

Last edited by hamstar; 2012-02-12 at 07:27.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:26   Link #365
Gooral
Banned

Don't you find it an odd "coincidence" that Viz has turned their eyes on MS just after one of the administrators deleted forums and did some other damage?

@Friday
I'm pretty sure that there will be at least 2 other scanlation groups making Claymore (one of them doing it much longer than MS and only with gernot's, i.e. most accurate translations). And even if the quality graphic-wise won't be as good, the most important thing (the script) will be the same (or even better). And there won't be any annoying watermarks and because of no over-kill cleaning people will see a version as close to the original as possible (in some of MS chapters some symbols were unreadable for example).
Old 2012-02-12, 00:34   Link #366
hamstar
just passing by

surely we will see more chinese-scans being released as usual. I can wait for claymore (especially with its diminished quality these days).

Btw, thanks for the recommendations Gooral. I'm currently reading through Dorohedoro.

Last edited by hamstar; 2012-02-12 at 07:27.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:44   Link #367
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Taken from my conversation with Nixl about the situation

Spoiler for ranting:

Really, it's not a big thing all things considered; as Nixl told me, they are just playing a game of whack-a-mole....they hit one, more take it's place....and like the game, if they try covering all the holes at once, they will end up breaking the machine which is a pretty true metaphor.

But like I said in that quote, even if more censorship and/or SOPA (which will get passed sooner or later) gets passed, it wouldn't make much of a difference because people would still find a way to pass around free-stuff; while I'm all for artists getting their fair-credit, It doesn't pass me by that all of this boils down to money money money.

So no, really...in the long term scale of things, Mangastream losing Claymore, Megavideo/Megaupload going down...it's inconvenient and annoying for only a short time, since their are undoubtedly a dozen more sites like it, and even if their weren't, their place will get filled up again anyway.

Sad yes, but in a way, not really....no matter what the big-wigs do, it's all in vain, and frankly, for the better that way.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2012-02-12 at 01:00.
Old 2012-02-12, 05:35   Link #368
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's unfortunate, but not something to be discussed further here.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:06   Link #369
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I still think Claymore is one of the best manga, I'm just not as excited about it as before. Since Isley died it kept going down-hill. To many intervention by God Yagi. Miria is not that interesting, she mostly shine when she is with Clare, but I guess Lord Yagi wanted her to be more than just Clare's sidekick.

Gamaran is a good manga so far, not to many God interventions.

I still like Claymore, but the trill is gone.
I think the plot has thickened since Isley died with the resurrection of the No. 1 Claymore and even Raki got to fight and before he didn't do much.

Miria is the leader of the Ghosts so how can she be a sidekick? if Clare had a sidekick it would be Raki or Jean since they followed Clare while Clare followed Miria.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:30   Link #370
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's unfortunate, but not something to be discussed further here.
I know, just wanted to get my words out

--

Quote:
Miria is the leader of the Ghosts so how can she be a sidekick? if Clare had a sidekick it would be Raki or Jean since they followed Clare while Clare followed Miria.
Nobody is the side-kick of anybody in this story; he was just thinking in too-simple terms since alot of people think Claire is the center of Claymore and, thus, all people something have some sort of position next to her; whether side-kick, friend, lover etc...

It doesn't work like that and Claire is not the center of the universe.
Old 2012-02-12, 17:48   Link #371
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Nobody is the side-kick of anybody in this story; he was just thinking in too-simple terms since alot of people think Claire is the center of Claymore and, thus, all people something have some sort of position next to her; whether side-kick, friend, lover etc...

It doesn't work like that and Claire is not the center of the universe.
I agree which is why I said "if Clare had a sidekick it would be Raki" and I was explaining why I think Miria isn't a sidekick since she is the leader of the 7 Ghosts and Clare is 1 of the Ghosts.

Also you said nobody is a sidekick but then said some people have a position next to Clare "whether side-kick, friend, lover etc...".
Old 2012-02-12, 19:21   Link #372
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well....*sigh

I guess that's one way to put it; the word "side-kick" though makes it seem like they are, in some way, inferior to Claire...plus, side-kick is usually reserved for comic-book superheroes

I think that's what it was; "side-kick" elevates Claire too much, and brings the others down...better to just say friends/comrades, or something .

By the way, I always loved that image of Miria - only she could stand in the rain looking so good
Old 2012-02-13, 00:54   Link #373
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I think the plot has thickened since Isley died with the resurrection of the No. 1 Claymore and even Raki got to fight and before he didn't do much.

lol, Its Clare's story, the rest of them are just in it for the ride.

Lord Yagi has added lots of new stuff, but the plot has become less "realistic". For example all of the Claymores currently fighting should be dead multiple times, including Miria, but no one has died.

Have you noticed how Hysteria keep taking bathroom breaks every time Miria or Deneven wants to say something?

Last edited by Awakened; 2012-02-13 at 01:15.
Old 2012-02-13, 05:02   Link #374
Neo_Xsendra

Wow ignored by the moment i posted. what a beginning XD

about the "claire isnt" the main charakter" discussion:

main charakter isnt defined by screentime, but by STORY-time. claymore is clearly claires story. ith about her, the ones she loves, what she lost and the one which are "like her" she is the "red ranger of claymores"

i mean: is claymore about the team? yes, it is. but as someone which is a part time writer by himself: you ALWAYS need a main charakter. You may have more, but never have more than 1 on the same "screen" if there are more then 1, you have to choose one which is the MAIN maincharakter. the one on which in the end all your storylines will conclude. (so whatever you do, you still will have only 1 main charakter in the end)

And this charakter is claire. she's the center of the main story.

you may proove me wrong

(sorry for the spelling. my english sucks XD)
Old 2012-02-13, 11:51   Link #375
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
lol, Its Clare's story, the rest of them are just in it for the ride.

Lord Yagi has added lots of new stuff, but the plot has become less "realistic". For example all of the Claymores currently fighting should be dead multiple times, including Miria, but no one has died.

Have you noticed how Hysteria keep taking bathroom breaks every time Miria or Deneven wants to say something?
True but the meaning of sidekick I was talking about means a super hero's partner and Raki suits being called a partner more then Miria who is a leader type but I don't think of anyone in Claymore to be a sidekick.

Hysteria is very confident so she's taking her time to kill Miria's side which is why Miria has time to talk but I see what you mean about Hysteria doing nothing while people talk.
Old 2012-02-13, 14:13   Link #376
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

it's okay everyone.. bodies will be piling up once prissy shows up, just to make up for no one dying against the new pitiful and lame so called abyssals. lol
Old 2012-02-13, 14:58   Link #377
Ulquihorror

would be fun if clare ends waking up in priscilla's body and vice sersa
Old 2012-02-13, 18:40   Link #378
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Xsendra View Post
Yeah thats how i felt when i first joined .
You just have to start posting more and more often and people will start to comment and will lead to discussions.

Quote:
i mean: is claymore about the team? yes, it is. but as someone which is a part time writer by himself: you ALWAYS need a main charakter. You may have more, but never have more than 1 on the same "screen" if there are more then 1, you have to choose one which is the MAIN maincharakter. the one on which in the end all your storylines will conclude. (so whatever you do, you still will have only 1 main charakter in the end)
I remember saying the same exact thing a while ago. That is how how I see it. Clare is the main main character. Out of all the main characters like Mira, Deneve, Helen, and Raki(?) she is the queen. She is the main character of main characters.

Quote:
Yes. The center story is about Clare's revenge on Priscilla. It has been that way from the beginning. We have gotten a very large amount of back story for her. More than any other character.

And then there are some other plots to go along with it. Such as revenge on the Organization (current arcs) and Clare and Raki's reunion. And possibly that whole Dragon-kin thing on a different continent.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2012-02-13 at 19:00.
Old 2012-02-14, 04:36   Link #379
Fermat

Missed out on the two good doctors... Haha! Really, I'm not sure whether Dr. Deneve was serious about his/her statements, but I wouldn't be surprised if s/he was. I, myself, am an M.D., graduating with honors from one of the top universities in the country, and I must admit that the feeling of superiority sometimes surfaces whether I'm conscious of it or not. I mean, people's lives are almost literally my playthings, and a wrong word can send people to their deaths just like that (though that'll likely result in a lawsuit). Now, I'm not sure whether Dr. Deneve is a Ph.D. or an M.D., but really, sometimes we get the feeling that we can think no wrong, i.e. we are infallible, and that all other minds are below ours. Not particularly healthy from a social viewpoint, I know. I try to suppress it the best I can, but it sometimes rears its ugly head whenever I have a hard time explaining and arguing with patients and relatives that are particularly difficult to reason with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Xsendra View Post

about the "claire isnt" the main charakter" discussion:

main charakter isnt defined by screentime, but by STORY-time. claymore is clearly claires story. ith about her, the ones she loves, what she lost and the one which are "like her" she is the "red ranger of claymores"

you may proove me wrong

(sorry for the spelling. my english sucks XD)
Hello! Welcome!

Indeed, Clare's revenge is at the core of the story, and that plot has reached, quite literally, a standstill. And so we are forced to view the series in a broader sense and see that while important, CLAYMORE isn't all about Clare's tale. In that sense, we may view the ragtag bunch of titular characters as the collective main. You may also just say that Clare is the main, with the others as supporting characters with nearly as much importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
it's okay everyone.. bodies will be piling up once prissy shows up, just to make up for no one dying against the new pitiful and lame so called abyssals. lol
Maybe so, but that pile 1) may not be as large as we want it to be, at least compared to what is maximally attainable given Priscilla's power level, and 2) we might have a pile of dead baddies sans any claymores (which is what I want) thanks to plot armor. Funnily enough, when Priscilla "returned," the only ones she actively participated in killing were antagonists—Alicia and Beth (Okay, they weren't exactly bad guys, but they were unthinking tools by antagonists, so...), Riful, Duff, and the Hellcats. Not exactly a huge pile, at least compared to the theoretical one she created when she went batcrap crazy in the North. She hasn't killed any major protagonists since Teresa, something not very promising. Hell, Helen and Deneve lived against an actively-pursuing Priscilla. They might be strong compared to most of the warriors/protagonists, but compared to Priscilla's power, the difference is insignificant, so the chance of survival might be similar, i.e. disproportionately high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
would be fun if clare ends waking up in priscilla's body and vice sersa
No... That would be utterly unthinkable.
Old 2012-02-14, 23:17   Link #380
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
True but the meaning of sidekick I was talking about means a super hero's partner and Raki suits being called a partner more then Miria who is a leader type but I don't think of anyone in Claymore to be a sidekick.

Hysteria is very confident so she's taking her time to kill Miria's side which is why Miria has time to talk but I see what you mean about Hysteria doing nothing while people talk.
I did not literally mean sidekick, I meant "sidekick", ie secondary.

Anyway, back in the good old days of Claymore, we would not have a Dr. Deneven. We would have been left to speculate, and that was lots of fun. No one speculate anymore.

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria