AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 19:34   Link #21
Zek
Eyebrows...

Rin is way too young to be Naruto's mother. Also, there's no way the ANBU who talked to Kakashi is Rin; she looks absolutely nothing like her, and there's no reason Rin would refer to him as "Kakashi-senpai." The most logical conclusion we can draw is that she's dead, seeing as Kakashi said all his precious people(as in, more than one) have been killed, and Rin has never shown up in the series before now.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 20:28   Link #22
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
I can't really see why kishimoto decides to make this team exactly like team 7 and the legendary sannin...I mean now they reveal that Obito loved Rin and Rin loved Kakashi and kakashi ofcorse doesn't love anyone.
Well, we don't really know if Kakashi likes Rin or not. It's quite possible that he's attracted to her, or he could be feeling so guilty over Obito's death that he refuses to act on whatever feelings he has for Rin, or he could like her, but not as much as Obito did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
You only mean team 7. Tsunade was not in love with Oro. And Jiraiya was not in love with Tsunade.
Jiraiya said he asked Tsunade out, but she rejected him He was probably oogling her chest when he asked though ;_; I think Oro only likes pretty little boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by zek
Can anyone confirm a one month wait for the next chapter? That really sucks if true, been dragging through this arc waiting for Part 2 and the light at the end of the tunnel is still far away
At the end of the chapter it says Naruto part 2 will continue in issue #9. In the middle of the chapter it says the next Jump (issue #7) will be out January 17, 2005. Which means we'll probably see it January 13, 2005. We'll see #8 January 20, 2005, & we'll see #9 January 27, 2005. We're supposed to see this double issue #5-6 December 30, 2004, but we just got it early for some reason. I guess it's always possible Kishimoto will have mercy on us poor fans & release part 2 early. I doubt it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Hmm no reaction from yondaime over obito?
Doesn't look like it. Maybe he held his feelings in so he wouldn't upset Kakashi & Rin since those two are pretty much traumatized over the tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Far better chapter then the previous, even tho it wasn't hard to beat that.
That's true. Maybe if the gaiden was longer, the events in chapter 243 would've been presented in a better way.

About Rin being alive. . . She's definitely alive at the end of the gaiden, but I think she's dead in Naruto's present time. Because if she was alive, I would think Kakashi would hang out with her from time to time. & Kakashi did say everyone important to him no longer exists. As for her being Naruto's mom, if she was, I'd think Kakashi would help raise Naruto.

Last edited by jubileerain; 2004-12-23 at 20:39.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 22:04   Link #23
brassmonkey

what the hell?? naruto's storyline is getting worse and worse... i wanted so desperately to see what yondaime did after he told his comrades to throw all their kunai over.. i think the author is getting really bored of naruto, and is getting sloppy in bringing out the storyline..

hey author!! please, you were doing such a good job with naruto, don't die on us now!!
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 23:56   Link #24
Zek
Eyebrows...

What do you think he did? He used them as markers to teleport around and he killed everybody like he did the first one. The Fourth is still supposed to be something of a mystery, thus why we don't know his name; we got a taste of his specialty jutsu in this arc to whet our appetites and that's it. It seems like he still has some sort of part to play in this series, past or present, so maybe it's for the better that we don't know everything about him yet.
Old 2004-12-23, 23:58   Link #25
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
what the hell?? naruto's storyline is getting worse and worse... i wanted so desperately to see what yondaime did after he told his comrades to throw all their kunai over.. i think the author is getting really bored of naruto, and is getting sloppy in bringing out the storyline..

hey author!! please, you were doing such a good job with naruto, don't die on us now!!
hmm.....
action sequence doesnt really make a good storyline....
i dont think the storyline is getting worse, but it is VERY predictable.
although i want to see more of yondaime in action....
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 00:20   Link #26
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
What do you think he did? He used them as markers to teleport around and he killed everybody like he did the first one. The Fourth is still supposed to be something of a mystery, thus why we don't know his name; we got a taste of his specialty jutsu in this arc to whet our appetites and that's it. It seems like he still has some sort of part to play in this series, past or present, so maybe it's for the better that we don't know everything about him yet.

i didn't know the kunai's were part of his flashing movement.. i thought he was just damn fast. what do you mean? he's relying on some technology or seals to teleport? and not like rock lee flashing around superfast?
Old 2004-12-24, 00:52   Link #27
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
i didn't know the kunai's were part of his flashing movement.. i thought he was just damn fast. what do you mean? he's relying on some technology or seals to teleport? and not like rock lee flashing around superfast?
I suppose so. But hey, its faster than Rock's superfast movement! Imagine on that battlefield, all the leaf nins throw the kunais, and the 4th go around warping and killing off the enemies in an instant! Thats way more effective. It can also surprise those dudes.
Old 2004-12-24, 01:30   Link #28
brassmonkey

where did it say that the kunai is the key to the flashing movement?
Old 2004-12-24, 02:11   Link #29
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
where did it say that the kunai is the key to the flashing movement?
read the 2nd post of this thread. Its under the spoiler part.. Its true that Yondaime could 'teleport' or something like that... impressive stuff.. but it doesn't account to his true speed as i think the teleportation jutsu only works when the kunai is marked.. no wonder Yondaime was called "Yellow Flash"
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 03:39   Link #30
Shrimpusmaximus

An observation that I just noticed. In watching the latest Ep. I noticed in the filler flash of the funeral there was person that looked an awful lot like rin. Anyone else notice that or am I just hallucinating.
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 05:00   Link #31
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I know there are alot of theoris revolving around Obito. Does anyone think there is even a remote chance that he's alive? I mean the "left him" for dead. By some miracle he could have survived that fatal boulder smash and tomb he was buried in. As far as Rin goes, I don't know if Rin qualifies as a precious person as she was a mere teammate to Kakashi and he has other friends that are alive. I precious person would be someone like Yondaime and his father. She may very well be alive in Konoha and they have kept their distance because of painful memories (I can't believe they have the exact same love triangle as Team 7 ). This was a great chapter and I'm really just glad its over. We finally got to see Yondaime and get a feel for his personality, I'm convinced now that we'll surely know more about him through future back stories, its Kishimoto's thing. I hope the next chapter really isn't going to take the entire month but hopefully we'll find out more details soon. I know everyone is looking forward to Naruto Part 2 as much as I am but it is the end of the year so we'll have to sit tight. Happy Holidays! :fingers:
Old 2004-12-24, 07:01   Link #32
Colordevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
I know there are alot of theoris revolving around Obito. Does anyone think there is even a remote chance that he's alive? I mean the "left him" for dead. By some miracle he could have survived that fatal boulder smash and tomb he was buried in. As far as Rin goes, I don't know if Rin qualifies as a precious person as she was a mere teammate to Kakashi and he has other friends that are alive. I precious person would be someone like Yondaime and his father. She may very well be alive in Konoha and they have kept their distance because of painful memories (I can't believe they have the exact same love triangle as Team 7 ). This was a great chapter and I'm really just glad its over. We finally got to see Yondaime and get a feel for his personality, I'm convinced now that we'll surely know more about him through future back stories, its Kishimoto's thing. I hope the next chapter really isn't going to take the entire month but hopefully we'll find out more details soon. I know everyone is looking forward to Naruto Part 2 as much as I am but it is the end of the year so we'll have to sit tight. Happy Holidays! :fingers:
His right half is crushed.................. it's actually fortunate that he could talk for a couple of minutes.
Colordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 09:26   Link #33
ChildGamez
Gaara's absolute defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
(I can't believe they have the exact same love triangle as Team 7 ). This was a great chapter and I'm really just glad its over. We finally got to see Yondaime and get a feel for his personality, I'm convinced now that we'll surely know more about him through future back stories, its Kishimoto's thing. I hope the next chapter really isn't going to take the entire month but hopefully we'll find out more details soon. I know everyone is looking forward to Naruto Part 2 as much as I am but it is the end of the year so we'll have to sit tight. Happy Holidays! :fingers:
Yeah. And Happy Holidays too !
ChildGamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 11:20   Link #34
brassmonkey

i'd like to see yondaime uses his flashy movement and rasengan and trash 40000 enemies!!
Old 2004-12-24, 15:23   Link #35
ChronoReverse

It's probably not so much the kunai but the tag that's wrapped around the kunai that's the marker.

That'll also explain the marker that he left on the foot of the rock nin he killed.

Also, in this chapter, Kakashi did the seals for Chidori every time. I'm beginning to think that the times where we don't see the seals being done is simply the seals not being shown being done but implicit.

Oh and if you read the chapter, there's no doubt Rin's alive (for now). However, she probably died somewhere along the way later.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 16:02   Link #36
Zek
Eyebrows...

One thing that bothers me about this chapter is that Obito was still alive after the eye transplant and Kakashi's fight. How long has it been since the entire right half of his body was crushed? It's just absurd that he's still alive, much less conscious, after that much time.
Old 2004-12-24, 16:22   Link #37
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Perhaps Rin healed him slightly to keep him alive long enough for the eye transplant.
Thats the last we should here from Obito nad Kakashi's past for awhile I suppose. I'm sure Obito did infact die but I think Kishimoto has something special planned for Yondaime. You just don't have that much backstory on a deceased character unless you plan to use him in some way in the future. As far as Rin goes. She may very well be alive. afterall Kakashi has known her as long as he's been rivals with Gai and Gai is still alive. Asuma also knew Obito and he and Kakashi are good friends. I don't think Rin was close enough to be considered a loved one to Kakashi. We may find out more about her later but definitely later rather than sooner. The next arc should make us forget all about those little details soon anyway.
Old 2004-12-24, 17:15   Link #38
naantje
Annoyance :)

oh god plz let obito be dead... ill cry my eyes out if he survived:{
Old 2004-12-24, 21:39   Link #39
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, after they left him, shouldn't some of those special ninjas have come to dispose of the body? There are some secrets (Sharingan) in this body which shouldn't be simply left on the battlefield.
Well seeing as how the right eye was crushed and the left eye was taken out, I don't think there is much to study from.

Also I think you guys are digging too much into what Kakashi said. For all we know, the statement "all my loved ones are dead" might have been a dramatic exaggeration. However, I do think Rin is dead because we really haven't seen her at all. It's either there is some whole different/complicated story for her absense or she is dead. I would rather take the different/complicated story choice.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 22:12   Link #40
brassmonkey

maybe naruto is a clone of the 4th eh?