AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 22:19   Link #1
ForceFreedom

[Manga]I hope my theory about the anime is wrong...SPOILERS

Do you think the anime could end soon?
I've just realized that it's been catching up with the manga waaay to fast. I mean, didnt it take nearly a month for Chouji's fight to play out? If they knock down 3-4 weeks of manga in one episode, they're going to run out of story pretty soon. And so..my theory.

We all know the timeskip is coming up. Do you think they could end the anime now, and come out with a "Naruto Z" type sequel in a year or so, after the manga has had time to get ahead again? (Obviously I hope they think of a better name than Naruto Z).
I hope I'm wrong, but again, the anime is catching up way too fast. We might get a series break, or worse, a year of filler. :fingers:
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 23:27   Link #2
Zek
Eyebrows...

Chouji's fight took just over 3 chapters, thus about an episode and a half in the anime. They're still going at 2 chapters per episode, like always. It's true that the anime will eventually catch up, but there is no way they can stop that without doing major chunks of filler throughout the series(and since their writers really suck so far that wouldn't work). I think they will either insert a lot of filler into the 3 year gap coming up, or they'll just keep progressing and hope to stay behind the manga until it ends. They might catch up and just start writing the story themselves separate from the manga. That's not necessarily a terrible thing - see Full Metal Alchemist - just as long as they get decent writers.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 23:44   Link #3
ForceFreedom

If the Idate footrace filler was any indication, the anime will get pwned if they decide to branch off.
Old 2004-12-20, 02:38   Link #4
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Don't worry too much, the manga is still 52 chapters away, which would translate into about 26 episodes. 26 episodes take half a year to realease, so don't expect it too end too soon. If you only look at this arc it's only about 22 episodes, But I don't see any reason for the Anime to call it quits all of a sudden.

and if it does, well hell, we still have the manga.
Old 2004-12-20, 03:03   Link #5
Chaoticabyss

Yeah... Idate... filler... god that sucked.. it was like all the ideas already strongly enforced put into a pot of water, boiled, frozen into a giant block, then crushed by a meteor from space.... Add in some tape and thread to tie it together to other things already done(which all of that was put together by a three year old reading a manual)... and that lightning blade really was crappy... (Yes, I did hate it that much...)...
Spoiler:

52 chapters, 26 episodes....

26 episodes should take about 6 months to show(maybe three mangas to one episode, or a naruto special with two episodes)... 6 months will get another 24 mangas.... 12 more episodes to go... 12 more manga.... 6 more episodes... 6 more manga... 3 more episodes... 3 more manga... one more episode... 2 manga(one previously not done, another one just coming out)... 1 more episode... tied!

Now, let's count up all the episodes... 26 + 12 + 6 +3 + 1 + 1 = 49... that's about another year to go until that happen... maybe less depending on how many mangas get fit into an anime and how many Naruto specials they have. It's not anytime soon, but it's something that's inevitable, unless the manga gets written faster(quality reduced then) or the anime takes a break for a one-two months a year....
Chaoticabyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 07:23   Link #6
brassmonkey

Unhappy

i'm only worried that the RIAA will clamp down on animesuki like they did with suprnova
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 12:59   Link #7
FearTheMullet

For filler the idate arc wasn't bad, it's better to ahve that happen then us watching the naruto vs kimmamaro fight right now and having the kakashi gaiden only 15 episodes away or something. Plus none of you whiny brats could do an ounce better.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 16:00   Link #8
ForceFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
For filler the idate arc wasn't bad, it's better to ahve that happen then us watching the naruto vs kimmamaro fight right now and having the kakashi gaiden only 15 episodes away or something. Plus none of you whiny brats could do an ounce better.
Uh...cranky because your favourite NASCAR driver didnt win this year or something?

I'm just saying that the timeskip would be the most convienient place to stop the anime for a year or two.
I too think that this arc might be completed in less than 26 eps, even with all of the loose variables like holidays, double-episodes, weeks of no manga, etc. Maybe 18-20 episodes.
Old 2004-12-20, 23:28   Link #9
rukus

Yeah... it would take half a year to catch up.

but no worries- these upcoming eps (for all u nonmanga readers) are freaking awesome, loved where they took it, youll be happy.
rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:06   Link #10
daflecta
(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
i'm only worried that the RIAA will clamp down on animesuki like they did with suprnova

Well, none of the anime on animesuki.com are licensed for the US or Europe so I guess were safe for now
daflecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:19   Link #11
Aion NL
Follow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflecta
Well, none of the anime on animesuki.com are licensed for the US or Europe so I guess were safe for now
Well, there you're wrong...

For example One Piece was already licensed in Germany for a while, before it was licensed in America, and still AS showed it.. Same goes for Hunter x Hunter. Licensed in Spain and the Netherlands, and it's still available @ AS...

As for Naruto... I do get the feeling it will be like the Dragonball trilogy... There's a timeskip coming, just like in Dragonball - Dragonball Z..

Sure there will be some filler eps/movies between it, but I don't think they will be filling it with only fillers...

But maybe they could also get some writers to get some stories for the three years of training, of each Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.... Ah well, still a few months to go before the anime gets to the manga..
Aion NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:44   Link #12
EoT
~~

They might just let the anime series go ahead of the Manga, its possible they have all of Naruto writen and ready to be made.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 08:21   Link #13
Jer!
God Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aion NL
Well, there you're wrong...

For example One Piece was already licensed in Germany for a while, before it was licensed in America, and still AS showed it.. Same goes for Hunter x Hunter. Licensed in Spain and the Netherlands, and it's still available @ AS...
Thats because AS carries English subs and in those countries I assume they were dubbed in the native language, german/spanish/dutch, therefore in theory the fan subs on AS weren't in competition with the licensed versions so they would have no more reason to go after them than the purveyors of the original Japanese version do.
Jer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 08:32   Link #14
Aion NL
Follow me

Well, HxH isn't dubbed in the Netherlands, it isn't airing, only on DVD's...

Only original dubs, and Dutch/No subs...
Aion NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 09:03   Link #15
lufia

The author of the naruto manga is only releasing one manga each week. believe me theres stacks more of the manga
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:47   Link #16
ShikaShika
無罪

I would absolutely LOVE it if the anime ended and continued through OAVs. No more reason to add any stupid filler or to censor the action. And there are other things to fill the weekly void, trust me.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 13:50   Link #17
brassmonkey

well, they could come up with a name called Naruto Y instead of Naruto Z.

what does OVA stand for? or mean?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 23:24   Link #18
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

xD yeah! maybe they'll continue the story with naruto bein Hokage
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 02:49   Link #19
CoolMofo

arrrg, sorry accident
CoolMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 02:52   Link #20
CoolMofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey
well, they could come up with a name called Naruto Y instead of Naruto Z.

what does OVA stand for? or mean?

OVA = original video animation

It's anime that's released on video (vhs, DVDs) and not for TV. I vaguely remember some stations air OVAs as specials but I forgot where I read it from so don't hold me against.
CoolMofo is offline   Reply With Quote