Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Oh, and thank you of course, for the people responsible for translating this strangely erotic yet so enjoyable manga (for guys....at least) , regardless which group you are in.

You people are the best. Kudos.
You are of course, very welcome. As soon as the HQ RAWs for Volume 2 surface, you can bet your arse we'll get right on it.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 17:52   Link #42
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Just wanted to tell you: Good job, Roots! Since you are one of the most self-centered and self-centered members on this Forum (only second to one other person whose name you might guess ) you most likely expect some + rep, eh? You shall receive!

Yebyosh, your translations are also quite good, so thanks for the work but is there a way to download the chapters as archive files instead of browsing them online? AFAIK this will use up the same amount of bandwidth. (The pictures are that small because of the raws you used, aren't they?)
I guess you deserve some +rep, too. Also you don't pimp your work like some other tree loving member
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 13:00   Link #43
USCPharmacist

Keitaro is not dumb, he just have a limitor put on him by Miang. Once that was lifted in America by Kim he became a stud!!!! He even beat Motoko in sword fight and inherit the position as the next Indiana Jones.....

the moral of the story is, America is the land of opportunatety

In case you are not familiar with the term sarcasm, I'll close the register at this point.....
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 13:30   Link #44
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Keitaro is not dumb, he just have a limitor put on him by Miang. Once that was lifted in America by Kim he became a stud!!!! He even beat Motoko in sword fight and inherit the position as the next Indiana Jones.....

the moral of the story is, America is the land of opportunatety

In case you are not familiar with the term sarcasm, I'll close the register at this point.....
errr... Keitaro has a limiter put on by Miang... and there's Kim... so here we have... Xenohina?

Tate is great because he's a normal guy... I guess... although in the manga he's not that normal...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 08:35   Link #45
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

The first part of the battle between the Anti-Orphan Squad and the Ori-HiME Team unfolds in Chapter 14 : Koumokuten, available at Anime-Source.

Thank you _Sin_, for the compliments, I will continue to do my best.

Regarding batch downloads, we had tried it before but the bandwidth was eaten up rapidly ( most of the downloads were eaten up by just scanlation and fan-made AMVs downloads ). So we shut it down.

Regarding the picture size, they are that size in raw form ( Chapter 2 was the exception ), presenting some problems when reading very small kanas or fitting the words in but I will do my best.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 11:12   Link #46
TrueKnight

A rather good chapter. Thanks to Yebyosh once again.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCPharmacist
Keitaro is not dumb, he just have a limitor put on him by Miang.
Lol, it took me about 5 minutes to figure what the hell were you talking about, untill I read dreamless's post.

Now I know that Tate will eventually becomes Grahf.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 08:08   Link #47
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
The first part of the battle between the Anti-Orphan Squad and the Ori-HiME Team unfolds in Chapter 14 : Koumokuten, available at Anime-Source.

Thank you _Sin_, for the compliments, I will continue to do my best.

Regarding batch downloads, we had tried it before but the bandwidth was eaten up rapidly ( most of the downloads were eaten up by just scanlation and fan-made AMVs downloads ). So we shut it down.

Regarding the picture size, they are that size in raw form ( Chapter 2 was the exception ), presenting some problems when reading very small kanas or fitting the words in but I will do my best.
So Haruka is
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 14:44   Link #48
USCPharmacist

God damn Haruka is the strong!!! although I think the eyeglass girl help her out by cheating. 2 children vs 1 child not fair
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 02:24   Link #49
ChronoReverse

Meh, more like Mai isn't a very good fighter. Kagutsuchi's big, but there's no reason why it can't move more. All Mai's got it to do so far is sit there and get hit. Little wonder it hasn't been able to do much.

I'm glad in the anime Kagutsuchi seems to have its own mind and is more than capable of taking action.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 03:07   Link #50
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

On Haruka taking Mikoto and Akira to the woodshed...

Spoiler:

Natsuki has a better personality in the manga. More aggressive and sexually confident than the militant tomboy in the anime.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 06:48   Link #51
Kankneet

Interesting. I absolutely detest this manga version and intend to never read a single chapter again. If I want to read a work where the main focus are breasts and titillation, I'll read something that doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Seriously though, there's too much fan service. Don't like it.
Kankneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 04:47   Link #52
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
I've been enjoying the My-HiME manga. It has it's flaws, but it's certainly a pleasant substitute to the craptastic TV series.

Quote:
Actually, since this is an original Sunrise production and the manga is more of a spinoff than something the anime is based on, that won't happen. THe manga and anime are somewhat separate. Things as you can see happen very differently.
Um .. no.

From the start Sunrise created two completely seperate and different in almost every possible way storylines for My-HiME. What came out of it was the manga, a pretty decent action-oriented storyline, and the TV series, a hack-written, melodramatic, Processed Generic Teen-Angst Mech Show that would arguably be a Sokyuu no Fafner or Gundam SEED 1 clone if it didn't have a DBZ Android thrown in.
Naturally whenever Sunrise is promoting MH, it's always anime anime anime, and the manga just gets pretty much buried as a result.

As for the fanservice thing,
Spoiler:

The anime isn't based on the manga, and the manga isn't based on the anime.

Last edited by Abicion; 2005-01-01 at 05:20.
Abicion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 05:19   Link #53
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Gawd.. you're rambling here too?

Haven't you terrorized hongfire and 4chan enough already?
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 05:20   Link #54
Abicion
Banned

Are you done stalking me?
Old 2005-01-01, 05:22   Link #55
Takemi_Ikazuchi

No, but but those two site ARE prominent, and you are rambling the same things over again.

After all, you are using the same user name... and avatar... and sig even...

Anyone could spot you by a mile away
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 05:36   Link #56
Abicion
Banned

Like I even have a reason to hide my identity. :P

I'm relatively sure I'm the only Abicion that exists on the internet. You might come across a few "Abyssion"s, but no one else using this name by pure coincidence.
Old 2005-01-01, 05:51   Link #57
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abicion
I've been enjoying the My-HiME manga. It has it's flaws, but it's certainly a pleasant substitute to the craptastic TV series.
"Craptastic"? You're obviously watching a different show

Quote:
From the start Sunrise created two completely seperate and different in almost every possible way storylines for My-HiME. What came out of it was the manga, a pretty decent action-oriented storyline, and the TV series, a hack-written, melodramatic, Processed Generic Teen-Angst Mech Show that would arguably be a Sokyuu no Fafner or Gundam SEED 1 clone if it didn't have a DBZ Android thrown in.
Naturally whenever Sunrise is promoting MH, it's always anime anime anime, and the manga just gets pretty much buried as a result.
The reason is simple. The manga is much more blatant, but also much more shallow. It doesn't have the careful background construction of the anime. All factions are immediately revealed, and they're at each others throats immediately. No subtlety, and also no character development (with the exception of Natsuki). Mai HiME manga is an enjoyable fanservice action series, like a Tenjo Tenge on steroids. Easily consumed and easily forgotten, targeted at juvenile shounens. The anime has much more depth to it and a wider target audience.

Quote:
As for the fanservice thing,
Spoiler:
Aaah, so this is what irked you. Ep8 was excellent, because it added serious drama to the mix. It also underlined that not all was play and fun, and that the series would take a dark turn in the end, also validating Mai's agonizing over whether or not to become involved in it. Your comment seems to insinuate that the anime wants the audience to laugh over Akane's misery. Of course, it's just the opposite of that - that's why they made the scene so powerful and with so much emotional impact.

The anime has a lighthearted start, to introduce all HiMEs. But I suspect that the end will be pretty dark and harsh. The transformation has already begun, and now that Akane has resurfaced, I suspect that the time for fun and play is over.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 06:08   Link #58
Abicion
Banned

Quote:
The reason is simple. The manga is much more blatant, but also much more shallow. It doesn't have the careful background construction of the anime. All factions are immediately revealed, and they're at each others throats immediately. No subtlety, and also no character development (with the exception of Natsuki). Mai HiME manga is an enjoyable fanservice action series, like a Tenjo Tenge on steroids. Easily consumed and easily forgotten, targeted at juvenile shounens. The anime has much more depth to it and a wider target audience.
So basically you're justifying the TV series pointlessly making itself longer than it needs to be.

Oh, and let's just forget the TV series completely lacks the "Keys" plot device and HiMEs call up their Childs whenever the hell they want. Meaning Mai is basically God by default.

Quote:
Your comment seems to insinuate that the anime wants the audience to laugh over Akane's misery. Of course, it's just the opposite of that - that's why they made the scene so powerful and with so much emotional impact.
Where the heck you're getting that one from, I have no idea.

Quote:
Of course, it's just the opposite of that - that's why they made the scene so powerful and with so much emotional impact.
I'll be nice and disregard the fact that the entire concept of MIYU is a Recycla-Villain piece of crap below the level of Chii / Nyuu Mitoko and that that shouldn't have even happened to ANY of the HiMEs ..

Power that was immediately taken away by, once again, proceeding filler trash.

Quote:
You're doing some wild guessing and speculating here. A plot hole is something different. You shouldn't be so excited.
Until Sunrise actually proves or disproves my hypothesis (which will probably be never), then yes it is an unattended gaping plothole.

Feh, it's obvious that I'm talking to a brick wall and vice-versa.

Whatever. I'm out.

shiningubindo

Last edited by Abicion; 2005-01-01 at 06:44.
Old 2005-01-01, 06:28   Link #59
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abicion
So basically you're justifying the TV series pointlessly making itself longer than it needs to be.
Pointlessly? I enjoy it alot due to its qualities, and based on the thread numbers a huge number of people seem to enjoy it too. And that's the point of anime, kiddo. Enjoyment.

But maybe Sunrise should ask you how long it needs to be next time. Why don't you suggest that to them?

Quote:
I'll be nice and disregard the fact that the entire concept of MIYU is a Recycla-Villain piece of crap and that that shouldn't have even happened to ANY of the HiMEs ..
Power that was immediately taken away by, once again, proceeding filler trash.
You're not nice, you're exceptionally rude. And what should or shouldn't happen to HiMEs is up to the storywriter to decide, not a driveling fanboy who seemingly lacks the maturity to deal with what happened to his favorite character. Feel free to stop watching it. Feel free to even complain about it, as long as you do it in a logical way. But what you're doing is throwing a temper tantrum and polluting the boards with it.

Quote:
Until Sunrise actually proves or disproves my hypothesis (which will probably be never), then yes it is an unattended gaping plothole.
My way or the highway. How old are you?

Quote:
Feh, it's obvious that I'm talking to a brick wall and vice-versa.
Whatever. I'm out.
Thanks alot ... please stay out too.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 07:20   Link #60
Mr.Minou

hm I see that Abicion is here too, and as harsh as ever...

Anyway, even though I prefer the anime (and by far), I would like to thank Roots and Yebyosh for their hard and good work
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote