AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 16:59   Link #901
ellifeedn
Thinker

It makes me wonder how many plot threads Miura still needs to close before this series finally ends. Off the top of my head (in no particular order): the final battle between Guts and Griffith, Caska's return to sanity, reaching that island, the reveal (to the characters) of who the young boy is, the ultimate fate of the Skull Knight, and how Guts will deal with the Beast.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:52   Link #902
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
It makes me wonder how many plot threads Miura still needs to close before this series finally ends. Off the top of my head (in no particular order): the final battle between Guts and Griffith, Caska's return to sanity, reaching that island, the reveal (to the characters) of who the young boy is, the ultimate fate of the Skull Knight, and how Guts will deal with the Beast.
Lets put them in order.....
my version

Isma, will she stay or go with her mother
reaching that island
Caska's return to sanity (hopefully not)
the reveal (to the characters) of who the young boy is (Guts....he's your.....)
return to the Midlands
end of Elfhelm Island Chapter

New Chapter
Griffith true intent,
people being slaughtered, will the Apostle's help the people?
or side with Griffith,

the final battle between Guts and Griffith

The Aftermath
Guts fight Zodd

the ultimate fate of the Skull Knight

thats how I see it.....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 19:23   Link #903
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I wonder if any of the other Apostles will be killed ? If I am not mistaken doesn't Skull Knight hate one of them ?

Quote:
I can see Skull Knight defeating Zodd
Old 2012-03-02, 01:29   Link #904
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wasn't it hinted that Guts was more or less walking the same path as the Skull Knight? Heck, the Berserker Armor WAS the Skull Knight's, or at least had been once he had been still mortal. So, yes, power-ups are inevitable, if Guts has to get to the Skull Knight's level to even stand a chance against the Apostles, nevermind Griffith.
Old 2012-03-02, 02:26   Link #905
Tom Bombadil

Oh, by the way, there was this one female God hand that Guts "killed". So did she really die or was it just an incarnation/avatar of hers?
Old 2012-03-02, 04:59   Link #906
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You mean the one that manifested through the entrails of the dead trolls? It's an avatar, and not the real God Hand.
Old 2012-03-02, 11:26   Link #907
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Oh, by the way, there was this one female God hand that Guts "killed". So did she really die or was it just an incarnation/avatar of hers?
At that time the God Hand belonged to a different plane of existence so they couldn't be killed. What Guts killed was just an avatar.

Now that Griffits has opened the gates that connects this world with astral world, the God Hand can be killed, so Guts has this advantage. He still will need a lot more power than he has at this moment to do so though.
Old 2012-04-15, 01:09   Link #908
Friday
Im shy too...

hope it be here soon......
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 11:13   Link #909
King Lycan
*IT Support

Any news on the next chapter ? I'm dying over here....
Old 2012-05-14, 11:54   Link #910
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

None, as far as I can tell.

Being Berserk fan is suffering.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:46   Link #911
ellifeedn
Thinker

It's only been a few months. Usually one would have to wait for at least half a year before any news comes out.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 14:43   Link #912
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's been so long I've forgotten where exactly I had left it off...oh well, nothing better than a re-read
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 15:10   Link #913
Xaturas

Ha I remember I left berserk long time ago about few chapters after next "season" started.

Does author still play those games about creating idols, rather than working?
Old 2012-05-14, 18:50   Link #914
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
None, as far as I can tell.

Being Berserk fan is suffering.
I know
Old 2012-05-16, 05:00   Link #915
Velsy

Quote:
I've only started reading Berserk this month, and I finished the last 10 chapters released last night. I also wish there was more chapters already <.< (am I being greedy?)

As for Caska returning to sanity? how? she had a mental breakdown and is screwed, reverting to a 3 year old tells the obvious, shes f..... well you should know <.<. Theres no recovering from that. I feel raelly bad for Guts falling for her. But I really wish he could get over it. I undetstand Guts has the obligation to protect her as a comrade or he may even feel guilty he couldnt go anything to prevent it. The love they might of had together is now over. It would give him less grief than he alraedy has if he could just realize this and move on :/. This manga isnt about sugar and rainbows, and if they do a sugar and rainbow moment where she miraculously returns back to her previous state like nothing happened, then it'll just ruin it.

And as much as a little shit Caska is now, not being able to sit still while being protected, running off right into the face of danger without a care in the world, throwing tantrums. Thats just the way the story has rolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. He isn't only looking after Guts, but also Caska. In fact, he seems naturally drawn to both of them.

Personally, I agree with marvelB. The moon light kid is most likely Guts and Caska's son.
wah? wait, when was Guts a father and when did he have a son O_O. Did I miss something ? O_o. I know Griffith put his seed (juices?) in Caska, and she had a son, even if it looked dam ugly, it guarded Caska and called Guts for help, then it eventually became the host body for Griffith which makes sense. But I cant recall Guts having a son unless I missed a chapter or two ?

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-05-16 at 05:21.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 06:53   Link #916
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

wah? wait, when was Guts a father and when did he have a son O_O. Did I miss something ? O_o. I know Griffith put his seed (juices?) in Caska, and she had a son, even if it looked dam ugly, it guarded Caska and called Guts for help, then it eventually became the host body for Griffith which makes sense. But I cant recall Guts having a son unless I missed a chapter or two ?

I read Berserk few years ago.

But as far as I remember. Casca was pregnant with Guts.
Then shit happened and Griffith "cursed" her unborn child with his seed.
So not only guts had to look at his GF turning pudding in da brain department, but also his unborn child becoming a demon.
Old 2012-05-16, 06:56   Link #917
Bartholomewt

Quote:
I don't know about you guys but I've reached the point of "acceptance". That is, I have no hopes of all the plot threads being closed in a satisfactory manner. Berserk, for me, has been more about the journey than the destination for a very long time now.

A decent ending would be a nice bonus though!
Bartholomewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 11:06   Link #918
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I read Berserk few years ago.

But as far as I remember. Casca was pregnant with Guts.
Then shit happened and Griffith "cursed" her unborn child with his seed.
So not only guts had to look at his GF turning pudding in da brain department, but also his unborn child becoming a demon.
Hmm, I'd been under the impression, that when Grif raped Caska, it fertizlied one of her women eggs (cant remember right now the name for it ><) then took on the the form of that mutated demon (Skeleton dude did say because the egg becomes currpted). Then I thought Guts was going to kill it as the Skeleton dude advised him as the best option. But it disspeared before he did. Then it became pretty useful later in the story by protecting Caska and calling Guts for help with a vision of the future. This is how I've seen the story up til now.

Then Griffith reincanates with its body and later says, he no longer has any feelings for Guts. Which when you think about it, if the body was his sons? wouldnt that be false? oh and he saves Caska from a bunch of rocks on reflex (obviously the mother, or he still likes Caska).

So saying that hes the father.. does sorta have me confused at the moment. Basing on my thinking and facts, I dont think he is... But if its *offically* declared by the author that he is, I guess I get it. It really did kinda suprise me when I saw that in this thread O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 02:36   Link #919
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
But if its *offically* declared by the author that he is, I guess I get it. It really did kinda suprise me when I saw that in this thread O_o
It's official. She was pregnant by Guts, and Griffith raping her screwed up the fetus.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:59   Link #920
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Lets put them in order.....
my version

Isma, will she stay or go with her mother
reaching that island
Caska's return to sanity (hopefully not)
the reveal (to the characters) of who the young boy is (Guts....he's your.....)
return to the Midlands
end of Elfhelm Island Chapter

New Chapter
Griffith true intent,
people being slaughtered, will the Apostle's help the people?
or side with Griffith,

the final battle between Guts and Griffith

The Aftermath
Guts fight Zodd

the ultimate fate of the Skull Knight

thats how I see it.....
Theres still Slan, she had a big hand in half the events. I hope miura doesnt forget about her.

After not reading Berserk for months/years, i recall only 2 significant things/characters from the manga, Slan and Gutts LOL...Dont care if shes a Whore Princess... she will always have a special place in my memory...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen