AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 17:46   Link #1301
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did somewhat like Dark Ayumu since it did bring up some interesting issues. They mostly just laughed things off this season but a real question of how Ayumu felt in his heart about everything that had happened. Going from normal kid to a zombie masou-shoujo who does get abused in various ways by his harem. Of course in the end good to have the normal him back.

Will say this season did disappoint me. They really gave the impression that things would be pretty impressive, but just didn't work out. More focused on just getting the laughs and fanservice.

It wasn't all bad, but kind of like the OP for it the series was like a tease. Showed flashes of what could have been, but not actually doing it.
Old 2012-06-07, 17:47   Link #1302
GDB

What happened to the "butt-love" tag that this thread used to have? Was it removed when Saras went dere-dere for Ayumu as a person and not just his ass?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 18:02   Link #1303
Candyshark

Apparently Queen is voiced by Honda Mariko(Yuko from Nichijou, Kurimu from Ichizon) she is not cridited on ANN though.
To be honest this episode was a letdown for me. Kind of felt like all that Chris thing was completely put aside at least in first season they finished the Night King.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 18:32   Link #1304
Nvis
Where are the good animes

They want more material for 3rd season.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 19:12   Link #1305
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

*has watched the second half of the episode multiple time already*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 19:57   Link #1306
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, is there a given reason why this season was only given 10 episodes?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:01   Link #1307
rafael1932
claymores pimp

This time I only laugh 2 times which makes this episode pretty weak. I would like to see evil ayumu or that lazy bastard more - at least 3 episodes. This way we would have 12 episodes.

I think that Sora no Otoshimono 3 season will come( I wonder when). I just hope that will come fast so I can have a nice replacement until the 3 season of Kore wa zombie comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Because they are bad people and want to make us suffer.
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:26   Link #1308
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
This time I only laugh 2 times which makes this episode pretty weak. I would like to see evil ayumu or that lazy bastard more - at least 3 episodes. This way we would have 12 episodes.
Dark Ayumu for 3 episodes would be pretty awesome, watch how he would interact with the other girls, not just Eu and Haruna. Sadly the likelihood of seeing him again is zero...

I believe it was because they had to handle Sankarea as well AND buying time slots on TV isn't cheap.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:37   Link #1309
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I also would have liked to have seen more Dark Ayumu, it can be nice seeing good guys gone bad, now and again.
Think the last character I wanted to see an evil side to was Natsu from Fairy Tail during the Nirvana arc(part of me still wants to see a evil Natsu actually)

I think whats probably a good way to see this season as, is something like FMP:Fumoffu.
Not quite there with the story but just all fun and games.
I don't want to think of the wasted potential of this series just like with many many others.
Old 2012-06-07, 21:49   Link #1310
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
They want us fans to demand for more from the show... like what we are doing right now....

Why demand for 12 episodes only... Demand for 24 episodes instead???

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-07 at 22:07.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:56   Link #1311
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

10eps isnt enough there better be a 3rd season with 28eps

like ever episode this season it didnt seem like nothing got done at all or much of a plot
Old 2012-06-07, 23:14   Link #1312
Kyouka
Is Here

calling it s3 will be announce before 2013
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 23:15   Link #1313
anfera103

What is the name of the song when Eu transform?
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 23:30   Link #1314
Midonin
Last Engage

Zombie Side-A 10 - Negayumu World

As I've established in the past, there are three things a show needs to succeed in for me to consider it exemplary. (Three's a really good number for these sorts of things.) Characters, concepts, and comedy. On that note, I can say that KoreZom and Nyarko succeed for very similar reasons. Both of them take place in worlds where the supernatural is involved in grand conspiracies, people who can outlive you want to board at your house forever, and curses carry weird consequences.

Above all, they both love their anticlimaxes.

This is why I feel this is a fine ending. I liked all the callbacks to the very first season to create a sort of emotional closure, but even then, the plot twists in this episode were sprinkled with the comedy I've come to expect from the show. Haruna casually pulling out a Philosopher's Stone was great, and even Another Ayumu/Ayumu Alternative/Ryuga wasn't so much a threat as much as he was like Dante from Sket Dance. (The same goes for the rest of Ayumu's Seven Deadly Sins Legion inside his head.) More poser than opposition.

The battle with magical girl Eu was really awesome, and Haruna's in-battle transformation was too. After so many episodes of having the vampire ninjas take the spotlight, having the magical girls back in play was a good way to close things off. The soundtrack especially benefited this moment.

Chris's storyline might be picked up at a later date, but given that she and Nene are drinking buddies and neither of them seem especially eager to fight each other right now, and the general nature of this series, even closure would've been resolved with an anticlimax. And probably a weapon stuck through Ayumu's torso. The show's got it down to an art form.

A worthy successor of the first season. The show never lets a dramatic moment get in the way of a good joke, and has a great sense of comedic timing. Its run may have been abbreviated, but it still left an impact. After all, it's not how many episodes you have, it's what you do with them.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 00:05   Link #1315
scr
my sides are in orbit

I was expecting a conclusion to Fairy-sensei's arc to take place in the next 2 episode, but it ended.
This is all too sudden.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 05:51   Link #1316
Lukeman1884

I'm wondering what the parameters for the first test were supposed to be. Get all the girls out? Here's hoping for a third season, I'm gonna be pissed if they leave it like this.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 06:38   Link #1317
Qikz

Ahhhhhhhhhh I can't believe it's over, S3 please my goodness.

Magical girl Yuu... Am I in heaven? I think I am. *faints*
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:10   Link #1318
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As a regular episode, it was great, but as as a season final, it was pretty disappointing. I can't believe they left Chris' plotline just hanging like that. I expected them to resolve it in the final episode, even if they had to rush. Ah well, everything shall be forgiven if they make a S3.

Now, regarding the plot of the episode itself. It was interesting to take a look at Ayumu's inner world. The visual kei Ayumus were just hilarious. I didn't know he had that kind of interest
Dark Ayumu was pretty cool, I agree it's a shame he wasn't introduced sooner. This could have made for a sweet plotline.

Eu was cuter than ever in this episode. I melted when she looked at Ayumu with those puppy eyes. She's definitely the cutest girl in this series, and that's saying a lot. Even her voice is adorable.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:00   Link #1319
novalysis

Dark Ayumu could well be a future Ayumu still.....

But I'd imagine it'd be centuries before he'll turn to that.

Still, one wonders what happens if he outlives his entire harem (yes, even the Maho Shojos!) except for Eu.

I'd imagine Eu may get the hint, and offer to release Ayumu anytime he wishes, come that outcome possibly centuries from now.

Why is it that Dark Ayumu seems to remind me so much of the King of the Night?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:37   Link #1320
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Dark Ayumu could well be a future Ayumu still.....

But I'd imagine it'd be centuries before he'll turn to that.

Still, one wonders what happens if he outlives his entire harem (yes, even the Maho Shojos!) except for Eu.

I'd imagine Eu may get the hint, and offer to release Ayumu anytime he wishes, come that outcome possibly centuries from now.

Why is it that Dark Ayumu seems to remind me so much of the King of the Night?
err not really the king of night gives the "i want everything to end feel" sad but satisfied while dark ayumu goes "like i give a shit" in a cool way.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen, zombies