AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-12-31, 14:56   Link #1
RabidZeph

In the English Dub of GS [spoilers]

WTF did they do to the hand guns? I cant remember exactly which episode it was, but it was right after Kira and Toll "bit the dust", and Archangle made its way to Josh-A. It got to a point where Athrun did a flashback or something and Cagalli was pointing a gun at him and it had some crazy green stipes put over it and the barrel hole looked like it was molten because they put red over it.

Why would they put something like that on a gun for a dub? I can undersand putting underwear over a child-goku, but why go through the effort to make a gun look different? Especially when it ends up looking terribly out of place and shaky in the animaiton?
RabidZeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 15:10   Link #2
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Either...to make it more futuristic looking or make it look like something other than a gun...

Usually with weapons in the dubs they edit out stuff....look at Miriallia when she tries to kill Dearka...they edit out the knife so it looks like she's just trying to hit him o.O
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 16:55   Link #3
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Haha... they did?

"OMFG I hate you so i'll pretend to hold something in my hand and hit you with it!"
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 16:58   Link #4
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

hmm..... so apparently the future uses water pistols to shoot each other and have magic invisible knives.....

I wonder did they edit out the bloody corpses of Shinn's family in GSD as well?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 16:58   Link #5
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

I don't recall anything like that on the DVD's. I'm rewatching GS right now, so I'll keep my eye out for that.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 16:59   Link #6
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
The glow gun and visual edits are ONLY on the CN broadcast.

The DVDs are entirely uncut.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 17:12   Link #7
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It's also funny how Dearka is unharmed at the end of that episode, but in the beginning of the next episode, there's blood on his forehead XD.

They also edit out the blood splatters of people in those little flashbacks of Coordinator assassinations

AND they edited out the awesome part of Tolle getting beheaded before blowing up. XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 17:29   Link #8
portgas D ace

just look at how one piece looks now dubbed and how it used to be when it was in japanese... they try to make stuff "kid-friendly"
portgas D ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 17:49   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

You should see what they do to the guns on Zatch Bell (Gash Bell)...That makes these guns look legit...Basically so christian groups don't sue them, they put the little Neon line on the gun so they can say they're futuristic beam pistols that apparently still shoot shells...