AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-22, 23:57   Link #61
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

It's more or less the formula with the series. There's talking in the manga but it's concentrated into text which you can read fast or slow depending on how you like. Also, what takes a few minutes to animate and build proper tension in the anime can be done quickly in manga. This is always the case with transitions from Anime to Manga or Manga to Anime. Manga always seems better (this isn't always the case from a qualitative stance) because you're allowed to read at your own pace and aren't forced to watch by another person's.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 03:46   Link #62
soraryu

The animation and the manga seems to have diverged (at current anime episodes). Apart from the beginning episodes, the direction of the story seems to have changed. Is the anime going to be totally different from the path the manga is going ? (i.e. Like the anime and manga of Violin of Hameln - which branches off into different arcs).
soraryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 08:34   Link #63
KaiserBasara
Bannnned

There's a beet DS game and it looks pretty good

Well i read like volume 8 of beet recently and saw dai's adventure ova

Uhhh, and i'm just trying to bring this topic back

Last edited by KaiserBasara; 2005-12-20 at 14:13.
KaiserBasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 07:21   Link #64
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Moving onwards!

For a medicore shounen like Beet, Im amazed at how the quality of the story can differ at times. I rather enjoyed the last two episodes of idiotic fighting. And what's more, I actually didn't saw it coming! Grunide is quite the chap.
Old 2006-01-02, 07:39   Link #65
D_Street

Yea but i hate this i some sense. For example u know that some how he is going to prevail and win or something. I wish he could just get his ass kick hard and then just servive after. Because if they are like level 29 busters and there are level 40 busters why cant they defeat Grunide if Beet is going to. But i am u certain if Beet wins I think is going to.
D_Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 07:12   Link #66
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

I love the show cants wait for the next ep :3
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 05:07   Link #67
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Grunide vs Beet.... not much of a challenge... I have a feeling Beets just gonna stall time with some pointless battle and then end up getting away hurt. It seems too early to kill Grunide whos like one of the most powerful Vandels. If he can kill Grunide then he can kill every Vandel. Wont make much sense if you ask me.
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 12:06   Link #68
koei

I think that everyone should keep in mind that it's the "Beet Warriors" vs Grunide and not just Beet vs Grunide
koei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 18:59   Link #69
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Still, actually beating Grunide would be going a bit far. Fending him off somehow, and surviving to fight another day would be more believable.

Also, I've been wondering about their levels. Do levels somehow influence their strength, or is it only an estimated representation of their strength based on the vandels they have killed? I know that they can be stronger than their level implies (like Beet when he hadn't had an examination for so long that it seemed he was weaker than Poala when he wasn't) but still curious if it has any effect at all.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 23:38   Link #70
koei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Still, actually beating Grunide would be going a bit far. Fending him off somehow, and surviving to fight another day would be more believable.

Also, I've been wondering about their levels. Do levels somehow influence their strength, or is it only an estimated representation of their strength based on the vandels they have killed? I know that they can be stronger than their level implies (like Beet when he hadn't had an examination for so long that it seemed he was weaker than Poala when he wasn't) but still curious if it has any effect at all.

My interpretation is that as your level grows, so does the amount of Tenrykou you can use. I know that it was explained in the earlier episodes. However I think the branding aspect is just for show. In the example you gave, Beet was really a higher level, but visually, he was at a low level because he didnt' get branded.
koei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 19:55   Link #71
ZippyDSM

MMmm I think beet and Grunide wind out beating the crap out of each other and liveing thru it jsut bearly *L*
in any case this show is in my top 7 ^^

koei is right the whole level up thing at the house is your ranking as a buster.
Old 2006-01-15, 21:44   Link #72
Uh_huh

You guys also have to take into the fact that Beet is not an ordinary Vandel Buster. Where he lacks in level, he makes up for 5 Saigas ... not many other Busters can top that.

I didn't find this anime interesting at first, but I'm sucker for these group adventure kinds of anime. Ah, how I enjoyed HxH <3
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:49   Link #73
KaiserBasara
Bannnned

Have you read the latest beet manga in america? It's pretty good. the only thing is Grunide's real form is stupid. But i like how grunide want's to be cool and strategic, but he's really a "bloody beast". Pretty good characterization.

The new shark vandel looks really stupid, but i think he's supposed to.

Did you see milfa daydream about kissu? It was funny. But typical.

Actually, i think a lot of the characters in this show look deformed. Not super deformed, just weird looking.
KaiserBasara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:34   Link #74
ZippyDSM

I dont care as long as the overall story is fun I will enjoy this show ^^
altho narutos filler arc is not so much fun....shame....
Old 2006-01-26, 19:41   Link #75
sakanao8

at least it's getting more and more excited...
sakanao8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 20:28   Link #76
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Wow, AKeep/Haven are churning out episodes at top speed right now, that's 3 episodes in 4 days! You guys getting any sleep? Still have to download the last one, which looks like it will be conclusion of the fight vs Grunide. It has been pretty good, although one complaint is that the fight is stretched out too much. They shouldn't need that many episodes just for one fight, even if it is a doozy. Ofcourse the recap that all episodes start with is a bit annoying aswell, and cuts off the actual length of each episode quite a bit.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 22:53   Link #77
Forever
Revealing the truth

Well it is said that the anime was catching up to manga so the pace has to slow...
Old 2006-01-26, 23:54   Link #78
Trov
Holy cack!

Well, the final episode of this fight and I'm happy at it's ending.
Spoiler for ep45:

Can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2006-01-27, 01:05   Link #79
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Well it is said that the anime was catching up to manga so the pace has to slow...
Which is probably why "Beet the Vandel Buster Excellion" (season 2) is a season of nothing but filler as far as I can tell.
Old 2006-01-27, 22:47   Link #80
ZippyDSM

Can someone translate
Meigeki and Tenryoki and tengeki for me? is there a Meiryoku ? *L*
Just wonder what it emans ^^

Last edited by ZippyDSM; 2006-01-27 at 23:02.