4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-28, 15:07   Link #101
Crimson Cloak
We Like Ike

Eren: Our counterattack has only just begun!
*lightning*
Colossal Titan: O Rly?

So among other things, that Colossal Titan is also a colossal troll.
Old 2013-04-28, 15:13   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sasha...oh that girl is hilarious. I'm amazed she decided to go with the rest of them though. I mean, the call for the convenience and food had to be pretty high up there. Maybe she figured that between killing Titans she can go around and find some cattle that are wandering around .
That, or she wants to eat Titans. Lots of meat on them, and heh, turnabout.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:18   Link #103
VTHokiePride

The episode had to end when the next gate falls. At least we know the next episode is going to be filled with a lot of action.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:54   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That, or she wants to eat Titans. Lots of meat on them, and heh, turnabout.
My god, that's probably right . Makes perfect sense. She was happy with just stealing a little bit of meat. It's like being asked to fight a walking buffet. Sasha's dream has come true .
Old 2013-04-28, 16:53   Link #105
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
You can introduce characters a lot better then having still images of them going "This is what blah blah blah does". Also the training happens whether they show it or not so the MC's proficiency improves regardless. I didn't insinuate he didn't need training simply you didn't need to waste two episodes on it.

I know it must be utterly riveting showing people just sitting around in harnesses like last episode or fighting with little wooden knives these past few episodes simply felt like they were going through the motions without any effort into making these training segments enjoyable.
Certainly your problem with training montages is personal, so I won’t delve into it, but here’s what those training episodes did to the story: 1) Sitting in harnesses explain the most basic ability that a soldier must have. It also shows us the process of the selection of those who fit to be soldier and those who not as well as going deeper into some characters’ motivation and characteristics when they interact with Eren’s asking for their help when he “failed” the basic training. 2) The “wooden knife” training introduces us to Annie and her quirks through her interaction with Eren & Reiner which specifically happened because of the training + Reiner’s idea. From his interaction with Annie, Eren understood more about the contradiction between a trainee’s skill and function “get better in slaying titans only to get away from them” which, again, important for Eren’s character growth (which lead to him delivering that speech that really moved his friends).

Of course, they can go different way (hell, you can say that to every single piece of fiction out there), but I think what we got is quite decent and efficient. I can go on, but I think this is enough to describe that the training is not such a “BS” like you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Either put your heart into it and devote several episodes to really fleshing out the training showing all aspects of how one learns how to fight with their weapons of choice or don't bother at all.
Or they can choose to present us with both aspects of training and character-development with just the right amount so that the audience won’t get bored by the over-exposure of just one element, just like what they did with the last two episodes. Their choice might not suit your taste, but considering what they deliver, they’re not “BS” either.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-04-28 at 17:30.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:15   Link #106
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I'm finding the Very Large Titan's ability to manifest itself out of thin air (but conveniently always on the "safe" side of the wall) rather... amusing. After all, if it can appear in a flash (or not) of lightning, why not appear inside the wall? Without knowing the manga material, I can only speculate as to whether this ability is plot-relevant.
Not gonna spoil it for you, so think about it:

If he appeared inside the walls it would be much easier for the soldiers to kill him, as they wouldn't have to climb the walls. And when he blew the gate away the blast could kill or throw away a few titans, so doing it from the outside is safer and a few soldiers might be blown away or killed in the blast.
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:29   Link #107
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The best freakin' show of this new season!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:27   Link #108
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

teleporting colossal titans huh.

they better have a good explanation for that.

lol. it would be a really retarded twist if somehow it was eren who actually summons that titan whenever he thinks about it.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:40   Link #109
Jerseykid

like that tom cruise they come down with the lightning!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 18:54   Link #110
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Wow i'm so happy I started watching this series its a work of art! A lot of action, I can't wait to see what Eren's does to the colossal Titan . It's been a while since I actually liked the main character, but Eren's cool. I wonder if that Colossal Titan is the leader and what his powers are ?
Old 2013-04-28, 20:07   Link #111
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The army's best just got "clever-girl'd."

I'm not convinced by this teleportation nonsense. Clearly the colossal titan is a ninja. If you look very carefully in the scene beforehand, I bet you can spot him tiptoeing up to the wall in the background. Bonus points if he glances at the camera, and puts his index finger to where his lips should be.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:11   Link #112
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The army's best just got "clever-girl'd."

I'm not convinced by this teleportation nonsense. Clearly the colossal titan is a ninja. If you look very carefully in the scene beforehand, I bet you can spot him tiptoeing up to the wall in the background. Bonus points if he glances at the camera, and puts his index finger to where his lips should be.
If they ever make a parody of this...I can totally see him doing that xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:16   Link #113
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If they ever make a parody of this...I can totally see him doing that xD
I hope they keep that adorable scene where he turns sideways to try to hide behind a tree.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:21   Link #114
LeoXiao
思想工作

I can't help but think that the Titans are somehow fundamentally connected to humanity itself - the flashback/dream that Eren had regarding his father and the experimentation, the fact that the Titans look like humans, and that they seem to be concerned with killing humans alone and leaving everything else in peace - all this has me thinking that something more sinister is going on than simply "monsters are attacking us let's fight them".
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:21   Link #115
Gravitas Free Zone

Have to wonder about the Titan's level of intelligence, or if they're just very, very large zombies.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:36   Link #116
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

The system is weird. The best trainees end up never putting their skills in use.
Why don't they give such privilege to the soldiers who have served for an amount of time and/or have distinguished themselves with great achievements?
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:41   Link #117
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
The system is weird. The best trainees end up never putting their skills in use.
Why don't they give such privilege to the soldiers who have served for an amount of time and/or have distinguished themselves with great achievements?
Clearly something is foul in the state of Denmark with the system.

Though getting postings based on ranking (or nobility) isn't exactly a new concept...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:43   Link #118
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Have to wonder about the Titan's level of intelligence, or if they're just very, very large zombies.
Well so far we have seen most of them if not all lack intelligence. But the Colossal one and Armor one might have some from what we saw.
Quote:
There are few possibilities, until five years it was relatively peaceful so maybe the system hasn't changed yet. Or this might be the best way to recruit many soldiers as possible. They might not really care skills much, rather numbers. The Titans are so powerful, I do not think 10 somewhat talented soldiers will make much differences.
Old 2013-04-28, 21:07   Link #119
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
It strongly suggests corruption at the highest levels, does it not? The king wants to keep the best soldiers in the land as close to him as possible. Everyone else is disposable. As for the titans, they mostly seem like bunch of giant, intellectually disabled people. That is, they appear to be a race of retards acting on pure instinct: Humans! Eaaaat!!!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:14   Link #120
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

At the same time it also works as a strong motivator for the trainees.

They might not be the best, but everyone directly below the top ten must have trained hard.
Those who wish to join the recon corps like Eren will train hard anyway, but those who only wish to have an easy life wouldn't have any reason to learn how to fight titans if it wasn't for this rule.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote