AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-09, 10:04   Link #2721
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Taken out of context, that last line, if the interpretation of it is correct, could be easily mistaken(?) as Kyousuke wondering what kind of boyfriend Kirino will have in the future.
no, look at the page paracelus post, the kanji he mark is read as "kaeru" literally "return", basically it's imply Kyousuke himself, it's one of japanese context.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:09   Link #2722
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
no, look at the page paracelus post, the kanji he mark is read as "kaeru" literally "return", basically it's imply Kyousuke himself, it's one of japanese context.
This is the point where I have to blatantly admit that I'm not able to read even the slightest bit of moon.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:10   Link #2723
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
True, true. But I do agree that it is not as clearly stated as could have been. But on the other hand I kind of understand why this is.
As do I, honestly all my issues right now are because I lack context and the ending probably wouldn't be so unclear to me if I have a full understanding of the events of the novel and how Kyousuke acts and reacts. Reading his actions tells a lot about what his true goals or motives are even when they are shrouded in ambiguity or appear completely "obvious." As much as I hate to admit it the author is pretty good with subtlety sometimes, even though he is a massive troll.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:13   Link #2724
dragon1412

Here , "帰る" it's mean return, and it's can only use to refer to place such as home, hometown... seeing the narrator don't specify the place and consider the narrator himself , it's mean their house(again, japanese context), thus making it's pretty clear to me.
Edit1 : sorry Manami just give me a weird feeling ever since vol1 it's just that after 11 vol her weirdness seem subtle but in vol12 she just changed too much even if i expected it to a certain degree(seriouly, a punch?!!) , though it might be me who is not into childhood friend.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2013-06-09 at 10:26.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:13   Link #2725
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Taken out of context, that last line, if the interpretation of it is correct, could be easily mistaken(?) as Kyousuke wondering what kind of boyfriend Kirino will have in the future.
Edit: I have more respect for the stranslators now. Japanese is difficult ahahaha. We have to wait and see the full translation.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:23   Link #2726
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Edit: I have more respect for the stranslators now. Japanese is difficult ahahaha. We have to wait and see the full translation.
That's why sometimes people just have to be patient and not try to bother the translators for faster speed. Translating a work perfectly is tough art and high praise should go out to those who can do it. Bad translations, however, can ruin a book. The best way of course is to just be able to read the original. Unfortunately I've barely begun to learn Japanese.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:26   Link #2727
Wilshere

''You were using your little sister's computer, in your little sister's room, playing games where you perform illicit acts on your little sister?!" If you ask me this sums up what they will both do LOL
Old 2013-06-09, 10:40   Link #2728
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
''You were using your little sister's computer, in your little sister's room, playing games where you perform illicit acts on your little sister?!" If you ask me this sums up what they will both do LOL
very probably ... maybe
Old 2013-06-09, 10:43   Link #2729
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
She says that he needs a life counseling and then she runs away to meet another guy? Ahhahaha that doesnt make sense to me that interpretation. She is a Brocon and a tsundere.

The only possible interpretation here is that she runs towards home waiting for kyousuke to come for some eroge sesion . But well all is possible, till we fully know the context of the story. We dont know for sure what it means.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:52   Link #2730
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
She says that he needs a life counseling and then she runs away to meet another guy? Ahhahaha that doesnt make sense to me that interpretation. She is a Brocon and a tsundere.

The only possible interpretation here is that she runs towards home waiting for kyousuke to come for some eroge sesion . But well all is possible, till we fully know the context of the story. We dont know for sure what it means.
Eroge session in the 2D world, or eroge session in the 3D world?
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:54   Link #2731
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Eroge session in the 2D world, or eroge session in the 3D world?
i think that should be clear Thats why she is asking for ''life counseling''
Old 2013-06-09, 10:57   Link #2732
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
very probably ... maybe
This is he guy who want's to touch his sister's breasts and went on top of her while she was sleeping. I think that speaks volumes of what he thinks.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:00   Link #2733
seangel92

Quote:
Nothing more to be said,its crystal clear what it means so if it is accurately translated I rate this one as not an open ending simple as is
I don't know what it means.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:01   Link #2734
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
This is he guy who want's to touch his sister's breasts and went on top of her while she was sleeping. I think that speaks volumes of what he thinks.
So all he wants is sex? what a wonderful and touching ending

A guy acting perverted is hardly an indication of anything.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:02   Link #2735
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Basically the ending is more ambiguous like I thought, If I'm not wrong where Kyousuke kisses Kirino isn't specified so its up to your interpretation. Kirino emphasises the questions Kyousuke about the promise (probably the one to return to being normal siblings). He in teasing manner replies because its his sisters its okay. Kirino replies this is not at eroge and when they go home they he will have life counseling, and she runs off, as she runs off Kyousuke thinks about what kind of guy is waiting. The last sentence IMO can be interpreted like the journey continues sort of thing too though, sort of not knowing what awaits them.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:02   Link #2736
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
So all he wants is sex? what a wonderful and touching ending

A guy acting perverted is hardly an indication of anything.
I just meant that he was interested in her or attracted to her looks.
And last time I checked, a guy going on top of someone while they are sleeping is not the normal perverted act(he could have gotten arrested for it), unless they are in a relationship.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:07   Link #2737
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Basically the ending is more ambiguous like I thought, If I'm not wrong where Kyousuke kisses Kirino isn't specified so its up to your interpretation. Kirino emphasises the questions Kyousuke about the promise (probably the one to return to being normal siblings). He in teasing manner replies because its his sisters its okay. Kirino replies this is not at eroge and when they go home they he will have life counseling, and she runs off, as she runs off Kyousuke thinks about what kind of guy is waiting. The last sentence IMO can be interpreted like the journey continues sort of thing too though, sort of not knowing what awaits them.
This is how I interpreted that whole scene with the added last line someone posted. It can have double meaning yes but her tsundere attitude makes it seem more like they are back to their old selves and Kyousuke's teasing kiss took it a little too far for Kirino's liking.

Again these are just my thoughts guys I realize that they may indeed be intimate
Old 2013-06-09, 11:09   Link #2738
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
That's how I see it too. It's more of a "I wonder what's in store for us later" kind of ending. So again, it's simply up to the reader to decide. For me though, I think the kiss makes it clear on his feelings. Even if it was a joke.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:11   Link #2739
virox

Quote:
That's also in line with the interpretation of a friend of mine who is really good at this kind of stuff. It's unbelievable just how much hidden meaning some sentences have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo
I sneak in a an unexpected kiss.
"Nwhuh!"
Wham! Kirino sends me to the floor right away.
"What're you doing!? What did we promise!?"
"What? We're just siblings. No harm in this much, right?"
"Th-that's hardly an excuuuuuuse!"
She points at me accusingly.
"This isn't an eroge, you know! We're having another life counseling session when we get home!"
And with those parting words, she runs off to the place she had been planning to go to before.
Makes me wonder who's waiting for her, wherever she's headed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo
He's wondering if/how their love life will actually happen. He's not actually thinking about anyone besides himself, if only because he's expressing that he can't actually imagine anyone else at the moment.
By the way, I don't think his kiss was simply an advanced way of his old teasing, like tommythecat wants to make it out to be.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:19   Link #2740
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
That's also in line with the interpretation of a friend of mine who is really good at this kind of stuff. It's unbelievable just how much hidden meaning some sentences have.

By the way, I don't think his kiss was simply an advanced way of his old teasing, like tommythecat wants to make it out to be.
Wants it to be? It's my interpretation given what I know of Kyousuke's personality as it changes over time. Stop making it sound like I'm bending the events to my will.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings