AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 20:27   Link #1601
usspaul

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
dont know if any of these are repost sorry if they are anyways hope you all like
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:00   Link #1602
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hachiman didn't accuse anyone of slacking off. All he said was that he was being overworked, which is why everyone else took it to mean he was complaining because he was lazy.
Well he said: "A cultural festival where if you look at it closely, one side is slacking off (...) so I'd say it's fitting for this festival committee " - which I took to mean half the committee was slacking off. But I think you're right, he's just referring to the 'side' of the character.

Quote:
Haruno was teasing him because as a public enemy, he has to stand out, but currently on the records he does not. That's why she was teasing him, saying he wasn't doing his job and calling him a scrub.
She says to Hikki: "You haven't put your own achievements in the record" - so the question is, why didn't he? The only reason would be, he wants to make it look like he's doing less work than he really is. IE: he wants people to think he is slacking off, after he complained about how hard he is working. Well, that's how I would interpret it.

Quote:
What Hachiman is saying to her is that it doesn't matter who the bad guy is as long as the person plays his/her role properly and provokes the group to work against him/her. The important part is the solution, not the truth. If people find out - great, even better, and if they don't - oh well, he never needed nor expected them to anyway.
Well maybe Yukino thinks there was a 'misunderstanding', but there's no way Hachiman did. He's the one who created the situation, and he chose his words pretty carefully.

Old 2013-06-20, 00:26   Link #1603
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post

She says to Hikki: "You haven't put your own achievements in the record" - so the question is, why didn't he? The only reason would be, he wants to make it look like he's doing less work than he really is. IE: he wants people to think he is slacking off, after he complained about how hard he is working. Well, that's how I would interpret it.
Different subs (can't say which) have the line translated as "I mean, these minutes don't list any achievements by you." Nowhere does it mention that the system requires the committee list their own achievements, and if people could do that, it would be so easy to abuse (i.e. lie and put in stuff you haven't done) that it would defeat the purpose of listing achievements in the first place.

I doubt Hachiman is slacking off on purpose when he is the one who tsukkomi'd "Why? I totally am!" when Haruno said he wasn't working.

Haruno was telling Hachiman that a common enemy has to be a threat. He hasn't made himself stand out enough for that. Are you really going to take one guy seriously at work just because he was a jackass in one meeting?

Quote:
Well maybe Yukino thinks there was a 'misunderstanding', but there's no way Hachiman did. He's the one who created the situation, and he chose his words pretty carefully.
Hachiman wants the committee to pick up the pace so that they don't dump everything onto Yukino.

Most of the committee members believe Hachiman is selfishly complaining about his own workload, which is different from the truth.

Because the committee's perception of Hachiman's actions is different from what he's really thinking, it is a misunderstanding on the committee's part, regardless of the fact that it was a desired outcome. That's all there is to it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-20 at 00:36.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:29   Link #1604
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

I didn't read too much into that line of hers. Basically she was just praising him, and meant that no one will really know of his contribution (uniting the committee against him, making everyone share the workload).

He was recording minutes of the meeting, as in what discussion took place during the meeting.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 01:42   Link #1605
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
I didn't read too much into that line of hers. Basically she was just praising him, and meant that no one will really know of his contribution (uniting the committee against him, making everyone share the workload).

He was recording minutes of the meeting, as in what discussion took place during the meeting.
Yeah, after considering all the arguments, I think this makes the most sense in context.

She's not criticising his job as "the enemy". Instead, she's basically saying "without a rallying cry, everyone slacks off". And though he isn't much of an enemy to speak of, he still managed to rally the troupes to get their work done.

And yet, despite having done this, his "achievement" goes un-noted in the minutes, while others keep piling extra work on him in retaliation.

So he's basically the "unsung hero", and here she is singing his praises -- which he hates.

Quote:
Well he said: "A cultural festival where if you look at it closely, one side is slacking off (...) so I'd say it's fitting for this festival committee " - which I took to mean half the committee was slacking off. But I think you're right, he's just referring to the 'side' of the character.
No no, I think you were right the first time. He was definitely accusing "the committee" -- or more specifically the leader of the committee who came up with that slogan of slacking off. It was a direct attack against her leadership abilities; that's how he meant it, and that's how she took it. Now, whether everyone else understood this isn't clear, because they would have to be as perceptive as he is of what was really going on.

When Hachiman made his illustration, he was obviously referring to Yukino as the sacrifice who was taking on the load on behalf of the slacking chairman. (This is the entire reason he came up with this strategy to "change the world".) But he couldn't very well accuse her straight up due to reasons. So instead of pointing to Yukino as the sacrifice carrying the extra load, he sacrifices himself as if he's the one taking on the extra load, even though that wasn't really the point at all. But Yukino sees right through him and that's why she laughs.

So yeah, this was in every way meant as a "diss" and had nothing to do about Hachiman being upset about his workload in the slightest. And that's why Haruno burst out laughing as soon as she heard the slogan; she knew exactly what was going on with Yukino and the chairman (she helped cause it after all), and immediately saw the crazy way he was going to fix the problem.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-20 at 01:57.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 07:49   Link #1606
MasterVampire

So I havnt watched this series yet but since its a romance one has there been any payoff?

I mean I kinda hate it when a romance series end and there is no progress or the two don't get togeather.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 08:42   Link #1607
NeutralZero

In terms of the romance department... you may really be disappointed...
the story (anime) may end with little progress to their relationship and it'll be a long run before he actually ended up with someone...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 08:58   Link #1608
Quol
That Guy

The anime covers volumes 1-6 with volume 6 ending with no real romantic progress (there is some progress in friendship with yukino and hikki however)
Unless they do an anime only episode as episode 13, with one of them confessing (which is highly unlikely) things wont really go the romantic route.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:19   Link #1609
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, after considering all the arguments, I think this makes the most sense in context.

She's not criticising his job as "the enemy". Instead, she's basically saying "without a rallying cry, everyone slacks off". And though he isn't much of an enemy to speak of, he still managed to rally the troupes to get their work done.

And yet, despite having done this, his "achievement" goes un-noted in the minutes, while others keep piling extra work on him in retaliation.

So he's basically the "unsung hero", and here she is singing his praises -- which he hates.
I disagree, she was definitely criticizing his job as "the enemy", otherwise she would not have said "but this enemy here is a bit of a scrub" then lecture him on how the "common enemy" has to do his job properly for people to have a desire to oppose him.

Didn't you say that "he wasn't much of an enemy to speak of" yourself?

Quote:
No no, I think you were right the first time. He was definitely accusing "the committee" -- or more specifically the leader of the committee who came up with that slogan of slacking off. It was a direct attack against her leadership abilities; that's how he meant it, and that's how she took it. Now, whether everyone else understood this isn't clear, because they would have to be as perceptive as he is of what was really going on.

When Hachiman made his illustration, he was obviously referring to Yukino as the sacrifice who was taking on the load on behalf of the slacking chairman. (This is the entire reason he came up with this strategy to "change the world".) But he couldn't very well accuse her straight up due to reasons. So instead of pointing to Yukino as the sacrifice carrying the extra load, he sacrifices himself as if he's the one taking on the extra load, even though that wasn't really the point at all. But Yukino sees right through him and that's why she laughs.

So yeah, this was in every way meant as a "diss" and had nothing to do about Hachiman being upset about his workload in the slightest. And that's why Haruno burst out laughing as soon as she heard the slogan; she knew exactly what was going on with Yukino and the chairman (she helped cause it after all), and immediately saw the crazy way he was going to fix the problem.
I never said Hachiman was upset about his workload, just that it was how most of the people took his statement.

They don't know whom he was directing his statement towards except "the committee" in general (because that's as specific as he got), so naturally most people would assume he was talking about everyone in general. Whether they understand he was talking about Sagami and Yukino in particular is not necessary for Hachiman. He doesn't need them to know he was "dissing" them, just for them to hate his guts enough to where they will do something about it.
Old 2013-06-20, 12:05   Link #1610
Tenzen12

Quote:
I disagree, she was definitely criticizing his job as "the enemy", otherwise she would not have said "but this enemy here is a bit of a scrub" then lecture him on how the "common enemy" has to do his job properly for people to have a desire to oppose him.

Didn't you say that "he wasn't much of an enemy to speak of" yourself?
She were praising him, but also couldn't help herself but tease him as well. She is like this from very begening afterall. There is no reason to critize him in first place. To act as common enemy was something he decide himself, noone demanded it from him and it worked. So yes it's praise.

Quote:
I never said Hachiman was upset about his workload, just that it was how most of the people took his statement.

They don't know whom he was directing his statement towards except "the committee" in general (because that's as specific as he got), so naturally most people would assume he was talking about everyone in general. Whether they understand he was talking about Sagami and Yukino in particular is not necessary for Hachiman. He doesn't need them to know he was "dissing" them, just for them to hate his guts enough to where they will do something about it.
But Hikki did talk about commite in general, half of commit was slacking off, not just Sagami and while she was responsible for it, people who followed her caused work pill up as well. Reason why Hikki acted as bad guy was to "change world" not to "Show Sagami her place {or whatever)".
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:28   Link #1611
kobester11

Spoiler for Episode 12:
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:53   Link #1612
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:04   Link #1613
Tenzen12

That was shortest last episode I ever saw. Honesty I don't know if I can recover from thursdays without Oregairu.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:07   Link #1614
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
She were praising him, but also couldn't help herself but tease him as well. She is like this from very begening afterall. There is no reason to critize him in first place. To act as common enemy was something he decide himself, noone demanded it from him and it worked. So yes it's praise.
She doesn't even care whether people notice she's playing the bad guy for Yukino. What makes you think she cares whether Hachiman gets any appreciation for doing the same for the committee?

Now look at this scene:

Images
screenshot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Pay attention to the committee members in the background. Are they paying any attention to Hachiman? Do they look angry at him for what he said, or angry at all?

There is still one episode left. Considering that the episode on a less-than-happy note with a scene of Sagami looking distressed, do you honestly think Hachiman's role as the "bad guy" is done with only one speech? Do you think the festival will proceed smoothly from here on out without any more problems?

Do you believe Haruno thinks Hachiman's role as the bad guy is done and that the festival will proceed smoothly to her?
Old 2013-06-20, 13:08   Link #1615
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That was shortest last episode I ever saw. Honesty I don't know if I can recover from thursdays without Oregairu.
Rejoice, for there is one more left!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:26   Link #1616
GDB

Quote:
Different subs (can't say which) have the line translated as "I mean, these minutes don't list any achievements by you." Nowhere does it mention that the system requires the committee list their own achievements, and if people could do that, it would be so easy to abuse (i.e. lie and put in stuff you haven't done) that it would defeat the purpose of listing achievements in the first place.
Hikki's the historian. It's his job to input the records, milestones, achievements, etc. That's why he's the one that's being pointed out as having not putting his own achievements in.

Quote:
Definitely this. He was 100% calling out the chairman. And I'm pretty sure most of the people there were aware of this as well. They'd have to be blind and stupid not to.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:00   Link #1617
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Definitely this. He was 100% calling out the chairman. And I'm pretty sure most of the people there were aware of this as well. They'd have to be blind and stupid not to.
I agree with this. A few scenes before that scene, wasn't the meeting room almost always vacant save for a few people? It'd be hard for them not to think he's referring to the Chairman until he began to relate it to himself. And even after that, they'd think Hachiman said something stupid for his own benefit but easily connect it with the Chairman's committee slacking off.

It's like when someone says something unrelated to a matter but you connect it to it anyway. I think Hachiman knew full well that a.) the Chairman would realize anyway that he meant her and b.) some people will definitely realize the connection even if acts like he's saying it only out of "selfishness".
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:50   Link #1618
amrul

Spoiler for eps 12:
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:59   Link #1619
moridin84
Custom User Title

Most of the "damage" was done to Sagami the moment he came up with his slogan. Everyone single person in the room knew exactly what he meant. Everyone.

Him taking the blame afterwards just allowed the chairman to save some face so the things could go on smoothly.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:11   Link #1620
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Gah, what!?

Spoiler for Watches episode 12:

As wrong as I expected.

Last edited by Okashira; 2013-06-20 at 16:42.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen