AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 99 72.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 19.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 4.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-21, 21:22   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogMoogle1 View Post
Jeebus! I always enjoy some Touma punches, but is it just me or does it seem like his punches get more and more epic. It was cool in Index, it was fantastic in Index 2, and now it is just full of awesome.
Wait till you see the Index Movie's punch in full HD glory
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:17   Link #142
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note: A tangent was excised from this thread due to it devolving into a flame war. Please try to keep this thread on-topic. All opinions are welcome, but personal attacks are not.
Old 2013-07-22, 00:02   Link #143
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, what's the point of summoning the offshoot thread if it is locked to begin with?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 00:07   Link #144
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Okay, what's the point of summoning the offshoot thread if it is locked to begin with?
Because many people expressed their opinions about the content, and I don't want to stifle all those personal opinions (particularly because some people had put a lot of thought into it and tried to stay relevant/on-topic/grounded). But at the same time, the discussion ended up being a flamewar, so there's no point in continuing that tangent; constructive conversation was clearly over.

(Seriously, there's no winning...)

Let's please try to keep this thread on-topic.
Old 2013-07-22, 13:42   Link #145
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - finally caught up to ep 15 last night ... and I must say that I am really enjoying the series so far. I think they are doing an excellent job on the whole. ^^
Old 2013-07-23, 00:19   Link #146
Yingo sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You can also spin it as the Sisters intervening on Accelerator going too far, and disrupting the plasma to save Academy City from destruction, and not solely for Touma's sake.
I more so like the idea that the sisters were just hanging around their favorite hang out spots in the city (that being every wind turbine in the city) and had no idea that they were messing up Accelerator's plasma and as such the wind disturbance should be considered no more then a statistical oversight on Accelerator's part. :P
Yingo sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 01:46   Link #147
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Here is a spoiler-free proof of how it is possible that the Sisters appearing at the right place at the right time is not necessarily logically inconsistent. I will use the dates in the manga as reference.

I will use #9982 as a yardstick. According to the manga, she was born (taken out if the tank) on May 11 and died on August 15. She lived for 96 days (approximated as 3 months = 91 days) before dying according to a schedule. We can assume this to be lifespan of the rest of the Sisters as well; being out of the tank 3 months before their designated experiment.

Now Accelerator kills #9982 on August 15 and Mikoto starts attacking facilities from the next night onwards. We know that on August 20, the last experiment carried out was #10030. 48 Sisters (approximated as 50) were killed in 5 days. We will assume this to be the rate at which the experiments take place.

So at any given time, there must be approximately 91 × (50 ÷ 5) = 910 Sisters out of the tank at any given time!!
(Using exact numbers give us a larger answer!)

Now we don't know when in the Sisters lives they are allowed outside so it's anyone's guess but even if they were only a tenth of the usable Sisters, 91 Sisters spread out eacross the city should be able to reach the wind turbines rather quickly. Actually we don't even know how many wind turbines were used to interfere with Accelerator... but if there were a large number of turbines used, we can just assume more Sisters were out. Its not that unreasonable.

Granted, it would take them time to get close enough to the wind turbines on such short notice. So the anime has certainly sped things up in that regard.

But I have shown two things:
  • the scenario with the Sisters and the wind turbines can be logically consistent if not sped up.
  • if Accelerator did continue the experiments unhindered, with the above rates he could finish in 3 years. If the rate slowed down as the Sisters became better fighters, then it could potentially take longer than 10 years. Definitely the age of an adult but nothing over 30...
Old 2013-07-23, 01:52   Link #148
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

As awesome as this episode was animated, one thing bothered me quite a bit. Accelerator's power is the ability to change vectors, yet when he was tossing them rail tracks at Touma, it looked more like what Railgun is able to do, how it floats up in the air, hovers a bit and flies towards its target. Doesn't he change the vector upon touch and not from a distance?
Old 2013-07-23, 02:06   Link #149
Veviticus

I also don't understand how he could create the plasma by touching air since it's made up of billions of elements. Plus, there was no wind that night
Old 2013-07-23, 03:19   Link #150
hamazura
whatever

wait... 20.000 sisters... 1 sister / day... 20.000 day.... 20.000/365 = how many years?
da fuq... Just how?
Old 2013-07-23, 05:02   Link #151
erdii

I just want to be 100 percent sure. could Imagine Breaker destroy the plasma Accelerator made ?
Old 2013-07-23, 05:07   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
I also don't understand how he could create the plasma by touching air since it's made up of billions of elements. Plus, there was no wind that night
He controlled the air flow, compressed it to super heat it into plasma- Kinda like how stars are created from Hydrogen atoms compressing under the weight of gravity.

In this case, Elements had nothing to do with it.

Having no wind makes the calculations easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
wait... 20.000 sisters... 1 sister / day... 20.000 day.... 20.000/365 = how many years?
da fuq... Just how?
What makes you think it was once per day, everyday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
I just want to be 100 percent sure. could Imagine Breaker destroy the plasma Accelerator made ?
Considering we never saw it happen, there is no way to be "100 percent sure".
Old 2013-07-23, 05:20   Link #153
hamazura
whatever

10.031 and 32 experiment gap?
Old 2013-07-23, 05:36   Link #154
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
10.031 and 32 experiment gap?
And you can say for sure that applies to all the previous experiments? Especially when we have seen multiple bodies in one test room before?
Old 2013-07-23, 05:43   Link #155
hamazura
whatever

how can it be bunch experiment in one room?
it says "our psycho lolicon may reach lv.6 if he kill railgun clone 20.000 times in different battlefields" cmiiw
Old 2013-07-23, 05:49   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
how can it be bunch experiment in one room?
it says "our psycho lolicon may reach lv.6 if he kill railgun clone 20.000 times in different battlefields" cmiiw
*facepalm*

Different 'battlefields' does not mean different battlegrounds, what it means is just different scenarios. This first part of the experiment is done mostly indoors that much we know, and all of them look the same.

Considering it's in a more controlled environment they could easily hold multiple fights in shorter time span.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:52   Link #157
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He controlled the air flow, compressed it to super heat it into plasma- Kinda like how stars are created from Hydrogen atoms compressing under the weight of gravity.
I get this part. What I don't get is it seems like his power works when he touches or gets in close proximity. But he was controlling the air flow in the space far above him as if his power worked from a distance.
Old 2013-07-23, 05:56   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
I get this part. What I don't get is it seems like his power works when he touches or gets in close proximity. But he was controlling the air flow in the space far above him as if his power worked from a distance.
To an extent it does seem that he can extend his control through similar medium, like air or water.
Old 2013-07-23, 08:27   Link #159
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
da fuq... Just how?

Cmon hamazura did you post this in direct response to my one???
At least give my proof a chance
Old 2013-07-23, 08:32   Link #160
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I rewatched this episode and I have to say I loved how they did Accelerator realizing he could control the winds. That was really well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogMoogle1 View Post
As awesome as this episode was animated, one thing bothered me quite a bit. Accelerator's power is the ability to change vectors, yet when he was tossing them rail tracks at Touma, it looked more like what Railgun is able to do, how it floats up in the air, hovers a bit and flies towards its target. Doesn't he change the vector upon touch and not from a distance?
That's a bit of artistic liscence. He really couldn't do that, but they wanted to show him throwing the rails at Touma in a different way then he does in the other adaptions.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-25 at 01:03. Reason: removed unnecessary provocation
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote