Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 19:03   Link #181
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Why do you think of that?
Negi can become immortal because he is descendant of mage of beginning daughter Ostia Amateru

and mage of beginning is the one who make Eva immortal
> so Negi manage to become one by using Eva magic which if he did not have Ostia blood = he will be dead

basically if he was not mage of beginning descendant
he will not able to use Eva magic to become immortal

(If she can make anyone immortal on the fly
> than there will be many immortal on world
> specially on her evil days
> don't to mention that rich people + world leaders will not ask for her death but to bring her back alive)

So that make Touta Negi descendant
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 19:04   Link #182
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Immortality breeds complaceny. Seeimg as Eva is nowhere near as bitter toward people as a whole (she even became a teacher of all things!), letting some schmuck carve her up and move on seems petty in the scheme of things.

You know, Akamatsu may have been experimenting with the whole immortality schtick, especially mlby making Negi one and the Lifemaker being so meloncholic.
Considering Akamatsu wanted to do a an action/adventure from the get go, the second half of Negima probably did end up working as an experiment for him, even if that wasn't the original intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I did that when I was in Japan. So..... what was that about the word not being used that way?
Nice one. I don't have that personal experience, sadly, but it would be really odd if the term wasn't used like that anymore, it would be like people not using "old man" to refer to people outside their family in this side of the world.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 19:27   Link #183
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Negi can become immortal because he is descendant of mage of beginning daughter Ostia Amateru

> so Negi manage to become one by using Eva magic which if he did not have Ostia blood = he will be dead

> don't to mention that rich people + world leaders will not ask for her death but to bring her back alive)

You know that there is a difference between what Touta and Negi went through?
Negi became an immortal after fully mastering and being reborn by Magic Erebia. That was a technique Eva developed with an immortal (herself) in mind, that's why not any human, only a special one like Negi would be able to master it.

Also really, looking at Eva's past as told after her battle with Setsuna in the festival, Eva was never really that evil. For instance, it implies she only really killed for survival / out of necessity, with the exception of the first one (mage who turned her who she through she had killed) that was because of hatred.

Heck, considering Eva dislikes her immortal/vampire conditional, and even all she says in thsi chapter, it makes sense that she wouldn't like to turn someone into a vampire, so I wouldn't be surprise if Touta was her first turning.
Old 2013-08-26, 19:32   Link #184
ReddyRedWolf

I don't think Eva has a bounty on her head legally speaking... At least on Earth.

Which makes me think the source of the bounty is on Mars.

Did Konoka marry Negi? Who knows in this timeline.

I'm expecting somehow Chao showing up from either the future or the past.

Interesting it was mentioned there is an app that allows the use of magic. Either that is something developed by magicians or it is something developed by the Kobe family. (AI Love You)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 19:34   Link #185
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

now that is a interesting question. Does Chao exist in this timeline?
Old 2013-08-26, 19:57   Link #186
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
now that is a interesting question. Does Chao exist in this timeline?
If this timeline is the one where Asuna was sealed, then likely Chao doesn't exist in it. After all Eva had to hop to another dimension/timeline to ask for Chao help to be able to send awakened Asuna to the past.
Old 2013-08-26, 20:24   Link #187
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
If this timeline is the one where Asuna was sealed, then likely Chao doesn't exist in it. After all Eva had to hop to another dimension/timeline to ask for Chao help to be able to send awakened Asuna to the past.
that "Chao" wouldn't exit but how about a Chao that didn't jump back in time?
Old 2013-08-26, 20:26   Link #188
ChronoReverse

Chao is the daughter of Touta! Starting the WMG's now =D
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 20:32   Link #189
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Chao is the daughter of Touta! Starting the WMG's now =D
Chao did say she was a descendent but not how far down the line.
Old 2013-08-26, 20:38   Link #190
alquimio_125

If Touta is descended from Negi and Konoka does this mean that the end what Konoka and Setsuna had was not love but just a STRONG friendship?
How disappointing for fans of the yuri couple.
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 20:40   Link #191
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
If Touta is descended from Negi and Konoka does this mean that the end what Konoka and Setsuna had was not love but just a STRONG friendship?
How disappointing for fans of the yuri couple.
i am pretty sure Konoka and Setsuna comes as a set.

Most speculations has been on who form the class is alive but how speculation of who from the Negima time period is still alive.

Albiero - not human
Jack Rakan - because he is JACK RAKAN.
Fate - clone, no idea who long he actually lives.
Princess of Hellas - Despite being 30+ 60yrs ago, she was consider to be in her teens.
Old 2013-08-26, 20:55   Link #192
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I wouldn't bother since he's clearly already made up his mind about things:
Of course, even if we wanted to believe Negi was Akamatsu's Mary Sue, it wouldn't mean he couldn't die. As a matter of fact, 'Died for All Others' and 'Too Good for this Sinful Earth' are common Sue traits.
Old 2013-08-26, 20:58   Link #193
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am pretty sure Konoka and Setsuna comes as a set.

Most speculations has been on who form the class is alive but how speculation of who from the Negima time period is still alive.

Albiero - not human
Jack Rakan - because he is JACK RAKAN.
Fate - clone, no idea who long he actually lives.
Princess of Hellas - Despite being 30+ 60yrs ago, she was consider to be in her teens.
Right about that. It said they where both married on the same day but didn't say who they married. They could have both married Negi and While Touta is the grandson of Negi and Konka, the girl that looks like setsuna could be his grand daughter from Negi and Setsuna... that's hot...

Ah well it's all speculation at this point, for all we know Eva-chan is really Touta's grandmother and their child married a Konoe. I can't wait till she shows her loli form in front of him. I wonder if she's not doing it to because this time she has the role of something like a mother/older sister figure.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:00   Link #194
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

I actually thought of that the second after I made that post though I don't have time to say that until now (whatever though ). After much thinking, I don't think it's true since the way Negi become immortal and the way Touta possibly become one is different as Negi used ME, gone berserk and revived to become immortal.

..I believe we need to wait till they explained how he did become immortal to get a proper explanation for this

Quote:
Dude, Touta is strong with swords, he probably get that from Setsuna

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:19   Link #195
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I think Negi's real blood descendant is his lookalike with the mop or whatever it is. If he's pictured with the immortal group, maybe he just inherited the immortality from his... dad?
Old 2013-08-26, 21:21   Link #196
novalysis

If Negi did marry Konoe - I am very surprised that no-one has raised the prospect of a Menage a Trois between Konoe, Setsuna and Negi yet, explicitly. Looks like Nodaka's fantasy came true, only, the other two participants weren't Yue and Nodaka, but rather, Konoe and Setsuna.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:25   Link #197
galdr

I doubt Negi marry Konoka.

If you look at the grave, both Touta parents have Konoe as their last name.
If Negi marry Konoka, he would have changed his last name to Konoe yet the grave still says Springfield.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:29   Link #198
Wigwams

I am more leaning to the possibility that Negi and Wife's kid (most likely daughter) married a Konoe. Rather than Negi marrying Konoka.

Negi X Wife = daughter who is Touta's mom
Konoka X Husband = son who is Touta's dad

P.S. but thinking of the last pages of negima showing little setsuna and konoka, maybe Negi's son is touta's dad and konoka's daughter is touta's mom...
Old 2013-08-26, 21:43   Link #199
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
I doubt Negi marry Konoka.

If you look at the grave, both Touta parents have Konoe as their last name.
If Negi marry Konoka, he would have changed his last name to Konoe yet the grave still says Springfield.
This is a fallacy. Negi would not necessarily have to take the Konoe name. Although they are a well off and respected family, Negi is literally a prince and important figure. Usually the one "marrying up" would take the spouse's surname. So Negi could've kept his name even if he did marry Konoka. Then the son/daughter could've retaken the Konoe name, or married some other Konoe and got the name that way.

Its still way too convoluted a reason though, especially since it was pretty heavily implied that Konoka was a lesbian.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 22:23   Link #200
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
If Negi did marry Konoe - I am very surprised that no-one has raised the prospect of a Menage a Trois between Konoe, Setsuna and Negi yet, explicitly. Looks like Nodaka's fantasy came true, only, the other two participants weren't Yue and Nodaka, but rather, Konoe and Setsuna.
That certainly crossed my mind. Konoka certainly is the type willing to let someone like Setsuna join in. Though she would probably have more fun with it than Negi. lol!

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love