AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-09-28, 21:35   Link #1
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

External Terabyte Hard Drive Issues

I've recently just torrented a fuck ton of movies that I was going to watch on my flat screen. I tried to move a file over that was about 6 gigs to my external when it told me that it can't move a file that large over to it. I kept trying a bunch of things and noticed that if its over 4 gigs in size for a single file, then it won't move it. I've never run into this problem before, and I have movies on there that are about 8 gigs that I've moved on to there. So is there some sort of setting that I need to change or something?
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 03:03   Link #2
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*zip*

Didn't read carefully, so what I wrote previously would not help you any. Are you sure your HDD is not full or anything? If it's already formatted in NTFS (as you said, you already have >4Gb files on it, so it can't be a FAT32 disk) then it should accept >4Gb files from the get-go.

What is the exact message that pops up when the error occurs? Can you also post the name of your OS (Windows/Mac/Linux) and its architecture (32-bit/64-bit)?

Also, try using programs like TeraCopy to move the files over - it might do the trick. If you have WinRAR, you could likewise compress your videos into split archives (each one expressly smaller than 4Gb), move the said split files to the e-HDD then unRAR everything there. It's a bit of a hassle, but well...no pain, no gain.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-09-29 at 05:17. Reason: Mistake.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote