AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 27.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 20.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 9.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-03, 16:30   Link #21
Aqua Knight

Some yuri, breasts and beautiful girls.
What else is needed?
Old 2013-10-03, 16:32   Link #22
Candyshark

More Honne-chan!
Old 2013-10-03, 16:35   Link #23
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Thoroughly enjoyed it, I was actually expecting many things from the beginning and it was shown already. For example, the cat suits for Charlotte and Laura and the Cafe incident as well. Shame I didn't get to see the time they spent in the swimming festival in more detail and depth. As always, I'll be expecting lots from this!
Old 2013-10-03, 17:13   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a very enjoyable episode thanks to Charlotte and Laura. Franco-german friendship is truly a wonderful thing. This show could be pretty decent if they removed Ichika. I say they should kill him off and give his harem to Char, who clearly has no problem seducing girls and would be far less dense than he is (boy, they sure didn't waste any time reminding me why I hated this dumbass). For a brief moment I thought Laura was starting to fall for her, but nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Oh, and am I the only one who thinks Houki sounds a little bit different compared to season 1?
I thought the same... about Charlotte. I don't know if she truly sounds different or if I have simply forgotten she was using that kind of voice. I quickly got used to it anyway.
Old 2013-10-03, 17:25   Link #25
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Charlotte and Laura... Perfection never looked so good. x3

The preview for episode 2 only proves why Chiwa Saito was the best pick to voice Tatenashi. Listen to that giggle.
Old 2013-10-03, 17:39   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Disappointed. Never thought to see a fan service filler at the start of the season......
Old 2013-10-03, 17:41   Link #27
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a very enjoyable episode thanks to Charlotte and Laura. Franco-german friendship is truly a wonderful thing. This show could be pretty decent if they removed Ichika. I say they should kill him off and give his harem to Char, who clearly has no problem seducing girls and would be far less dense than he is (boy, they sure didn't waste any time reminding me why I hated this dumbass). For a brief moment I thought Laura was starting to fall for her, but nope.

I thought the same... about Charlotte. I don't know if she truly sounds different or if I have simply forgotten she was using that kind of voice. I quickly got used to it anyway.
Yeah, Franco-German friendship after centuries of warfare, isn't it beautiful.

But aren't you a little bit too harsh on Ichika? Sure he is a clueless idiot (well, that's part of the reason why I never gave too much about the plot in IS, but rather focus on the characters that are quite likeable), but he doesn't need to die just now.

Could be my imagination, but after rewatching some scenes of the first season I think Houki sounds a little deeper in that first episode compared to before. Didn't notice a difference about Charl, however. Perhaps you got too much of Kuroneko-style Hanazawa Kana the previous half year.

As a sidenote, I nearly didn't notice it was you with that changed avatar.
Old 2013-10-03, 18:05   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
But aren't you a little bit too harsh on Ichika? Sure he is a clueless idiot (well, that's part of the reason why I never gave too much about the plot in IS, but rather focus on the characters that are quite likeable), but he doesn't need to die just now.
He doesn't need to die. How about he just moves away, never to be heard of again?

I've seen quite a bit of harem protagonists over the years, but Ichika takes cluelessness to a new level. The way he treats these nice girls, even if it's intentional on his part, makes me sooo mad. At least it was kind of funny in this ep. The girls' dejected faces were priceless.
Old 2013-10-03, 18:23   Link #29
HandofFate

lol, Ichika has denseness to an artform.
The robbery at the restaurant Charles and Laura was in was so random. Laura is a lot shorter than I remembered.
Old 2013-10-03, 18:26   Link #30
Awrya
U mad?

Ichika is as clueless as ever, why does this not surprise me.

One thing I'm confused about is why they keep showing his IS in first shift in the opening & ending when it already its second shift at the end of last season.
Old 2013-10-03, 18:34   Link #31
XFire
150% done

As to Ichika being dense, he was raised by Supergirl McPerfect. His standards are so high you couldn't fly over them with an IS.
Old 2013-10-03, 18:52   Link #32
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
As to Ichika being dense, he was raised by Supergirl McPerfect. His standards are so high you couldn't fly over them with an IS.
Not really

His standard are modest enough that Tatenashi is basically off the scale and automatically ousted from GF material. (I wish I'm joking)
Old 2013-10-03, 19:52   Link #33
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
His standards are so high you couldn't fly over them with an IS.
I don't think Ichika has any standards. It's already a fundamental law of the IS world that every female ( regardless of age and relationship), will fall in love with him from as simple as getting eye contact with him...
Old 2013-10-03, 20:32   Link #34
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

シリーズ構成:弓弦イズル

No wonder everything feels wrong in first episode.
Old 2013-10-03, 20:56   Link #35
HandofFate

I felt that everyone's voice sounded a bit different, maybe they upgraded the voice recording equipment in the past few years. Or the VAs got more experienced
Old 2013-10-03, 20:59   Link #36
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

And thus begins my quest to endure many painful episodes of painful fanservice, tsundere antics and Ichika's cluelessness/stupidity/main character syndrome for the sake of Charlotte screentime.

Episode 1 didn't disappoint in that regard.
Old 2013-10-03, 21:08   Link #37
blackwhite67
Banned

Did anyone find Madoka's scene similar to the Matrix?
Old 2013-10-03, 21:21   Link #38
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, isnt the pool and summer festival scenes gonna be expanded upon in the OVA?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-10-03, 21:32   Link #39
Darthtabby

What's the Ice Witch doing in this show?

The harem elements seem a lot more obvious and painful then they did for most of the first season. Although in spite of not being overly keen on the harem elements I disliked the condensed clip show version of the water park and such. If you're going to skip, skip properly, don't point out every bloody thing you're skipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a very enjoyable episode thanks to Charlotte and Laura. Franco-german friendship is truly a wonderful thing. This show could be pretty decent if they removed Ichika. I say they should kill him off and give his harem to Char, who clearly has no problem seducing girls and would be far less dense than he is (boy, they sure didn't waste any time reminding me why I hated this dumbass).
Someone write this, ASAP!
Old 2013-10-03, 21:40   Link #40
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I seriously thought that anime-season chart was a fake when i saw IS on it *facepalm*

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Closed Thread