AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 11:51   Link #1861
Raviel

The members of the Garrison are essentially the grunts of the army in Shingeki no Kyojin, they do all the odd jobs that the Recon Corp or Military Police don't handle and whenever either of the two branches requests for support, the Garrison sends people to help (depending on the severity of the problem of course).

That said, I wouldn't count the Garrison as the least important out of the three because you definitely can't ignore that they probably have the most responsibilities out of all three divisions. I mean they're practically called to do A LOT more than their stated role.

Does the Recon Corp need help saving Eren? Send some Garrison people.

Do we need people to cover Eren while he blocks the breach at Trost? Send some Garrison people.

Is the Military Police screwing up the evacuation plan again? Send some Garrison people.

Does Pixis need more booze? Send some Garrison people.

I think the Garrison is only the least important if you consider that they handle all the mundane and boring, but nonetheless important, jobs that the Recon Corp and Military Police can't be bothered with
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 12:30   Link #1862
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I meant "important" in the sense of "prestige" and political relevance not as in "usefulness".

However I disagree that the Garrison is "sent" or "called" to do stuff. The Garrison's main purpose is to protect the walls. When titans start an invasion they are the ones that are supposed to deal with them, not the military police (who mainly act as internal peacekeepers and as the king's guards), not the recon corps (whose area of operations is outside the walls), that's the garrison's job to defend the borders and to repel the invaders.

BTW I think that Greyzone is right and that the garrison under the Military Police's direct command is only a part of the Garrison. It wouldn't really make sense if the total number of soldiers in the Garrison was only 1.5x the number of the Military Police.

I think the active military is actually between 10 to 20 thousands including the three forces.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 13:57   Link #1863
Raviel

^I think the SnK wiki has some numbers on the total number troops the military has but I have no idea how reliable those are. Although I think it's safe to assume there are at least 10,000 soldiers in the army at any given time.

I would like to think they need at least that many troops to properly defend the walls.
Old 2013-10-16, 03:18   Link #1864
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
Another question I have is how did BRA make it to the wall? They couldn't have walked. I am pretty sure the armored Titan or the female titan running to the wall would have been seen.
Oh, they might have. They might've been travelling in titan forms (at least R & A) during at least parts of their journey to the Walls. However, when the Walls came in sight, they probably went back to their normal forms and approached the Walls from there (the Garrison was slackiing off a lot these days, so they probably didn't notice them approaching) - with the exception of Annie, who probably ran around attracting titans to herself so that R & B could approach the Walls undistrubed until it was time for her to bring the titans inside of the Walls...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 09:16   Link #1865
Vulcanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanoid View Post
I figured out the whole plot. When Yimir said (multiple times) that it's better outside the Walled cities, also when she said that it's going to be hell inside the walls in a shirt time.

I figured it out. BRA are actually protecting the ONLY uncontaminated humans. All the contaminated humans are inside the walls and shortly, they will ALL transform into titans. So BRA attacked and killed them to DESTROY their threat and protect their village in which the only uncontaminated, pure humans live.

OMG mind blown! I'm calling this, you heard this from me.
This doesn't get enough attention. I need feedback.
Vulcanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 09:44   Link #1866
brandon279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanoid View Post
I figured out the whole plot. When Yimir said (multiple times) that it's better outside the Walled cities, also when she said that it's going to be hell inside the walls in a shirt time.

I figured it out. BRA are actually protecting the ONLY uncontaminated humans. All the contaminated humans are inside the walls and shortly, they will ALL transform into titans. So BRA attacked and killed them to DESTROY their threat and protect their village in which the only uncontaminated, pure humans live.

OMG mind blown! I'm calling this, you heard this from me..
what is the "contamination" evidence?

here is anther theory
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=446

=======

i think MP rule over small part of the garrison corps not all of it
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 11:34   Link #1867
Breimoon

we should think how it is possible for Eren to command the other titans. Their mind seems to be linked but how? is it "normal" telepathy or is there some kind of scentific explanation that could explain why former humans aka titan shifters/titan(unsure about second one) could comunicate with mind
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 12:04   Link #1868
ryoko74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
we should think how it is possible for Eren to command the other titans. Their mind seems to be linked but how? is it "normal" telepathy or is there some kind of scentific explanation that could explain why former humans aka titan shifters/titan(unsure about second one) could comunicate with mind
Well, I think that Eren unconsciously used some kind of ultrasounds just like bats. He's a titan shifter, he can recreate his body like a lizard's tail, he probably has a lot of secret powers.
That's just my opinion, I have no proof about it.

I think that we don't have enough informations to elaborate a proper theory about how he managed to control titans. We don't know almost anything about titans or titan shifters. Are titan ex human being too? Or just some of them, such as the inhabitants of Connie's village?
Why some of them are abnormal?

We should ask Hanji for help!
ryoko74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 15:49   Link #1869
Piesum

It seemed to me (I havn't gone back to check every instance) that whenever Eren has a verbal outburst (be it with actual words or not) towards a specific object, that object becomes the coordinate.

It looks like the sound that he makes is always emphasized in the panels where Berthold, Ymir and Reiner notice the change of coordinate.

I also don't think the humans have figured out that Eren was the one controlling the Titans. But hopefully someone like Armin (yay for Armin!) can figure it out.
Piesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 17:23   Link #1870
Soji

As far I can tell, Eren use some kind of electrical impulses?(I think we can call them like this). Think about it, our brain, the information and everything travels through the nerves through electricity and if you look a Ymir and the other TS it was like shock hit them.

If I have to guess.....his strong will to protec Misaka (I think this was the case) and to take down the one that would kill them(the smiling titan) was transferred to the others titans through electric impulse or something along this lines.

Or at least this is what I think.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 01:44   Link #1871
Raviel

I just had an interesting thought guys, what would happen if Eren commanded the Titans to "return to their original forms" or "go back to being human"? We know from the last chapter that when he gives a command, it reaches the human inside the Titan form (as was the case for Reiner and Ymir).
Old 2013-10-17, 07:03   Link #1872
Breimoon

Eren should first find out that normal titans were humans too(if they really were, they seem different from the ones made by connie's village ) .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 07:24   Link #1873
trixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Disclosable information from Episode 23.

"The Military Police number around 2000, but if you add the Garrison under their command their actual force is approximately 5000."

"Each walled City has about 200 MP stationed there.
Primary duties are to oversee trainee brigades, monitor the Garrison and direct fire fighting operations"
Rose and Maria have 8 Cities in total, 4 at each wall.

So if there are 8 cities left after Maria fell and each have 200 we have 1600 guarding the cities, so 400 left and IMO it's plausible to think they are right within Sina.Hence, a normal city has 200 man, so 400 = double security than a normal city cause that's where the King supposedly resides.

Anyway I guess if the MP have command over the Garrison then Nile being the Chief of the Military Police has command over Pixis?
this is pretty much a page from the manga and im sure i read it this way too but apparently in the reversed kanji on the volume pages have a story to it and it said the walls were found by humanity and not made by them, i dunno if this is bullshit can anyone clarify? heres the vid i heard it from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38r1IMOXVqw

be warned it is quite lengthy but the part i'm talking about is i think between the middle and the end of it... if that even narrowed it down x|
trixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 07:28   Link #1874
trixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
And the Police has command over the Garrison....
And Nile is the Chief of the Police....
wait did i miss something i read the whole manga and i don't think i ever came across a guy called nile... any pic or description?
Old 2013-10-17, 07:42   Link #1875
trixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
we've seen 3 cases
1) annie can call titans to come eat her (from what we saw)
2) gorilla titan can straight up command em however he wants
3) eren can direct titans

and as of chapter 50 we do not know much about any of these
the electrical panels of the "human titans" reacting to when eren used that power may have even been just highlighting their faces and no real neural connection
but from the evidence we do see it seems it is on that level and all titans in the vicinity act accordingly (eat smiley or eat reiner)

also about annie, armin said when reiner broke the wall the first time it was prolly annie who led the titans to the gate. in that case were the titans still chasing her to eat her? or was she commanding? cuz when in the forest they all turned abnormal and ran. but when maria fell they casually made their way into the wall.
this hints at the fact that she also prolly had a "commanding ability" and that it wasn't just a "call to get herself eaten ability"

and in that case it makes her the most like gorilla-san
-ability to make titans abnormal
-ability to control titans

we do not know though if annie has the capability to create titans from normal humans as is implied when we see connie's village and his mom which is 99.9% the doing of gorilla-san
Old 2013-10-17, 08:04   Link #1876
trixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I just had an interesting thought guys, what would happen if Eren commanded the Titans to "return to their original forms" or "go back to being human"? We know from the last chapter that when he gives a command, it reaches the human inside the Titan form (as was the case for Reiner and Ymir).
that is if we assume all titans were human titans
which i do not think they are

for one, the ape titan prolly is not one, just my guess

also the extent of that power of controlling titans at has always been about stopping one from doing something or getting one to do something it has never been to revert to human

examples include annie,ape, and now eren. but we can't be sure
Old 2013-10-17, 10:39   Link #1877
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
we've seen 3 cases
1) annie can call titans to come eat her (from what we saw)
2) gorilla titan can straight up command em however he wants
3) eren can direct titans
I don't find the assumption that Annie was commanding the titans to do anything convincing. Are you in command of a shark's actions when you throw blood in the water? No, you are activating its natural instincts to come eat. How do you get a group of titans to follow a human? Run past it in giant form. How do you get a mass of titans to come eat you? Roar like a wounded and dieing animal. All instinct, no control.

millie10468:

The only proper justification for the slaughter of a million people is that it saves a hundred million lives. It is still horrible, but justifiable. Wait and see if RAB have such an excuse or just a lame I was told to or they deserved it.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 10:54   Link #1878
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Question: Do Annie has the equivalent of the Coordinate like what Eren has?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 11:15   Link #1879
Soji

^If that was the case, why the hell they did all that to get Eren?
Even if they were not sure he had them, they did everything in their power to take him with them.

And the way our Armor friend react in ch 50.....I think is safe to assume that what Eren have is really special.....wait even more than special. I don't think he would react like that if Eren have the same power that Annie have, and in all honestly I agree with Starshipw on this one.

As for the whole RBA topic; not matter what reason they had, they still chose the most stupid route ever.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-10-17 at 11:41.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 12:42   Link #1880
trixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Question: Do Annie has the equivalent of the Coordinate like what Eren has?
i was thinking it meant the locations of the titans in the walls. but if u take it another way(coordinator) i would think it prolly goes to someone in the inner walls of importance (royal? king? wall worshipper?) or grisha jaeger. the reason they wanted eren is prolly bc they didn't want humans getting hold of a titan

whether or not BRA knew he had this other power before hand is unclear so now it may be even more of a priority to get him.

although going back to the coordinate maybe they targeted christa bc she is the one that knows this/these locations

if annie is the same as eren who knows but it is eren they want