AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 11:31   Link #31281
Blazer-X

To which I ask: Where the hell is Blast Impulse? Come on, Bandai. At least allow it to be an P-Online Exclusive.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 14:53   Link #31282
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
To which I ask: Where the hell is Blast Impulse? Come on, Bandai. At least allow it to be an P-Online Exclusive.
Yeah, that would be nice of Bandai :/ Blast Impulse seems to be somehting like a black sheep frir them, seeing that its the one that has the least releases. No HG AFAIK, no NG 1/100, no MG... :/
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 17:21   Link #31283
Skye629

Soooo whats new with the Destiny Impulse R vs the normal version?

Im going to hold back my judgement on this until I see fully completed and colored shots of the kit

And this probably means we are not getting any new Impulse kits (including any chances of it getting a "Remaster"), sigh I feel so bad for Blast Impulse though, this release should have been it
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 17:23   Link #31284
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
MG Destiny Impulse R confirmed as a Premium Bandai online exclusive.
Looks like there wont be any remaster of the impulse frame any time.

I hope they decided to make the purple one. We already had enough red and blue Gundams.
Old 2013-10-23, 18:01   Link #31285
suiton629
Master Grade Master

To me, I think they're doing this to see if the Impulse would be a popular design. Hell, maybe they are indeed using an updated frame?

If that's the case, then we may see RM Ver. for the Force & Sword Impulses and maybe even the Blast Impulse...and eventually a RM Ver. for Destiny.

Anyway, I'm hoping that funds from these masses of online exclusives will be able to convince Bandai to do RM Ver. Freedom and a regular Justice....and finish up the remainder few from Age.
Old 2013-10-23, 19:07   Link #31286
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
To me, I think they're doing this to see if the Impulse would be a popular design. Hell, maybe they are indeed using an updated frame?

If that's the case, then we may see RM Ver. for the Force & Sword Impulses and maybe even the Blast Impulse...and eventually a RM Ver. for Destiny.

Anyway, I'm hoping that funds from these masses of online exclusives will be able to convince Bandai to do RM Ver. Freedom and a regular Justice....and finish up the remainder few from Age.
May I remind you that online exclusives are NEVER new kits/molds?

Its 100% good old Impulse with Destiny wings and new parts
Old 2013-10-23, 19:16   Link #31287
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ok time to move the topic away from Suiton's logic (its his decision anyways, what we say dont really matter since its his money)

So here's the awesome question:

If GBF was real, what HG 1/144 kit(s) would you pull off your shelf (you gotta own it lol) to do battle with? Do remember it can potentially become trashed

Note: Exclude 00 and AGE HGs for now, 00 kits have not been seen in action yet, as such we dont know how they perform or are balanced, and AGE apparently is not making an appearance since it was the last series

I would use my old (recently acquired and built though) HG Gouf Flight Type (Goufs FTW!!!!)
For the fun of it, I'd use my old 1/144 Tallgeese 1, since I love the design (it wouldn't be a stretch to say that Zechs' Tallgeese got me into mecha in the first place) it'd be easy to repair, and I do have an unpainted spare lying around in case it gets too damaged.
If I wanted to be more competitive/mobile (Tallgeese's main drawback being its poor articulation) I'd use the 1/144 HG AGE-1 Spallow because that thing's limber like a yoga coach. Stick a decent beam rifle in its hands and I reckon I'd do fairly well with that.
Old 2013-10-23, 20:49   Link #31288
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

If GBF was real, what HG 1/144 kit(s) would you pull off your shelf (you gotta own it lol) to do battle with? Do remember it can potentially become trashed

I'd use my HGUC Sinanju: it's got good articulation, a versatile loadout and looks good
Old 2013-10-23, 21:11   Link #31289
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I'd use my HGUC Sinanju: it's got good articulation, a versatile loadout and looks good
You are ok with it potentially getting wrecked right?
Old 2013-10-23, 21:18   Link #31290
Blazer-X

I get the feeling that if P-Online Exclusives had existed years ago, we would have never gotten the likes of Strike E IWSP or even Strike Rouge. Seems like this is the new and best way to get all the cheap recolors and rehashes with minor edits they need.

So I would really appreciate if Bandai consider some of the following MS for P-Online (Warning, small wishlist incoming):

- MG Blast Impulse (As I mentioned already, it may not be popular compared to Sword and Force, but its just the same MS with a new backpack. If Bandai is willing to make a semi-new backpack for Destiny Impulse R, I don't see why they can't go ahead and make this too)
- MG GN-X IV (We've seen the prototype a couple of years back. I understand its not a super-popular design. Why not just release it as an exclusive? The legwork for it is already done anyway)
- MG Gale Strike (An odd one, but it would basically a rehash of Aile Strike with a few parts changed. I really wouldn't mind this, personally)
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 21:38   Link #31291
Shinobi2013

Quote:

Hi! I'm a new here! Anyway mine is similar to Aurelis but with different color scheme

Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 01:15   Link #31292
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Thats a good thing, Impulse is a great MG to begin with, no need for an update
Great news! i want one!

For suiton, everything that's 5 seconds old needs an update. What is in desperate need of an update is his brain

People still don't get that bandai exclusive online sceme is to release variants of allready existing suits that are wanted by a less big fanbase who are willing to pay a bit more.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 03:06   Link #31293
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 View Post
Hi! I'm a new here! Anyway mine is similar to Aurelis but with different color scheme

Wow thats amazing, personally I would never offer up a build of that quality to get damaged lol
Old 2013-10-24, 03:18   Link #31294
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

I am not sure what Gundam Thunderbolt is, But that Green Zaku II, and that huge Gun, hopefully them come toghter. Hallelujah!.

If I could use a High Grade for build fighters, maybe Arios or Harute for Space? (If it was in the desert Terrain, Dom Tropen or Tri-Star Zaku II for High Mobility?)

Last edited by MoonLightShadows; 2013-10-24 at 03:29.
MoonLightShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 06:16   Link #31295
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

That looks awesomely-badass!!

If I were you, I wouldn't want anything scratches that paint .
Old 2013-10-24, 06:26   Link #31296
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:

great painting
Spoiler for Jesta:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 10:32   Link #31297
Shinobi2013

@Skye and Obelizk: Thanks! I don't mind to use the repaint ones for duels but if it's fully modified or scratchbuilt well that's a different story

@kaizerknight: Thanks! I like the Blue Destiny-ish colors of Jesta but I think it needs more work to look decent, like the brush stroke texture on the shield that I spotted.
Old 2013-10-24, 11:58   Link #31298
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

yup its hand brush paint, i know need alot more practice on painting ( work the major factor which get in the way .... I got 5 to 6 kits need to be assemble...sigh .... I was planning to mod the Base of Jesta as test bed into RSC ( Red Shoulder Custom like the one form Votoms) still a beginner on this matter ( looking for missile pods parts , other armaments on scraps/damaged gunpla models

question contact cement or epoxy ?? which is better ?? for mods?
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 14:02   Link #31299
Shinobi2013

Cement is ideal for filling gaps or hollow parts while epoxy is ideal for making molds or sculpting.
Old 2013-10-24, 16:24   Link #31300
n0m@n
C-Z

Yay. We are getting an customised Shining Gundam. Nice!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy