AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 00:23   Link #31581
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Gotta admit that stickers are one of the reasons why I haven't found the motivation to make the Doven Wolf, Delta Kai and Kshatriya.

But the lack of stickers is also troubling. I recently got the HG Shiranui Akatsuki and was surprised that there was no seal for the shield's black and white crest. Painting on plated parts seems like an intimidating idea.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 01:09   Link #31582
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Usually pretty quick if it's a popular kit that people have wanted
But you can always look on eBay and sometimes you'll be able to buy one.

Which one are you currently interested in?
I think we both know the answer to that question
Old 2013-11-12, 01:56   Link #31583
Skye629

Quote:
Lots of stickers.

I think this is really the only problem with the HGs from Build Fighter. I noticed that with the HG Age line, there weren't quite as many stickers so I was a bit disappointed that Bandai isn't going for that layering engineering thing where they would layer parts on top of another and have cut out parts in plastic to show through colors like with chest vents.

What I mean by the "layering engineering" is:

Spoiler:

But this isn't really surprising since they're basically taking molds from existing HGs and reusing it with tweaks here and there to make a 'new' HG.

Similarly, I think the MGs for Build Fighter will be like this so Build Strike Full Package will be reusing most parts from MG Aile Strike RM Ver. and the Build Gundam MK II will be reusing most parts from the MG Gundam MK II AEUG 2.0...

Actually most stickers found on the BF kits so far are on the NEW parts, not because they're taking old HG's with a lot of stickers. And even then they are not that bad, or simply could not be newly molded without upping the cost (such as the Maou, that would have required a ton of parts to do to fit all those light purple parts in)

Heck ACTUALLY most of the HG's they have been using have mostly modern molds for the base aside from the Mk.II. The Build Strike is using the new HG mold, Maou is using the superb X mold as the base, Zaku Amazing is using the newer High Mobility Type Zaku's mold as the base, and Fenice is using the brand new Wing mold. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason to make a new mold other than the HG Strike, since it is the lead and the old mold simply did not cut it.

Also LOGIC plays into here, this WHOLE SHOW is based on using existing kits, either out of the box or customized, making a brand new thing completely kills the point of this show selling existing kits

You really need to check things/do your research man

On the MG's.....har har you were just asking earlier about whether the MG's would use their old frames or the new ones......Till I stated common sense to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
Gotta admit that stickers are one of the reasons why I haven't found the motivation to make the Doven Wolf, Delta Kai and Kshatriya.

But the lack of stickers is also troubling. I recently got the HG Shiranui Akatsuki and was surprised that there was no seal for the shield's black and white crest. Painting on plated parts seems like an intimidating idea.
The Kshatriya really is not that bad other than the Sleeves (and nub cleaning all 24 tiny funnels lol), which they really have no choice since molding the trim separately would be extremely fragile

The Delta Kai was a cheap cash grab, so yeah it was pretty half assed

Doven Wolf is a true pain, not only does it have stickers but, it have tons of yellow thrusters to paint

Lack of stickers is always troubling, its funny when people complain about too many of them, then get a kit where there are none and say "WTF?". Better to have than not have
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 03:04   Link #31584
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
HG stickers is nothing compared to RG decals , which is a real pain as there are lots of small decals & have to use tweezer to stick
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 04:00   Link #31585
Shinobi2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
HG stickers is nothing compared to RG decals , which is a real pain as there are lots of small decals & have to use tweezer to stick
^THIS
I've never built an RG in my life but based from my experience in gunpla for more than a decade, I can imagine how painful to build an RG kit.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 04:20   Link #31586
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Guys urgent question

To combine Gundam Arios and GN Archer, is the special stand required or the connector already included in the default kit?
Old 2013-11-12, 04:30   Link #31587
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Guys urgent question

To combine Gundam Arios and GN Archer, is the special stand required or the connector already included in the default kit?
No special stand is required, all you really need is the original HG Arios (not the later version, the original comes with the basic display base) and the HG GN Archer, which comes with the attachment piece for both units

If ever in need I suggest you go to Dalong (are you familiar with the site?) and look up the kit and the info. Took me less than 2 minutes to find the answer to your question without even owning the kits
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 04:32   Link #31588
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Glad that cleared out

But does that means Arios GNHW can't be used in place of Original one?

EDIT: Ah sorry, to Dalong then.

EDIT2: Found it, GNHW doesn't include basic stand, what the hell...

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-12 at 04:56.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 06:47   Link #31589
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
I've built RG Justice (deactive) and applied the decals all over it successfully. And guess what? I only used my lovely fingers .

Quote:
EDIT2: Found it, GNHW doesn't include basic stand, what the hell...
That's Bandai for you .
Old 2013-11-12, 07:45   Link #31590
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I think it's a given that stands of any sort are a bonus and that if you really want to display your GunPla properly, then you would shell out the extra few bucks to buy an Action Base 1, Action Base 2, etc.

Hell, if you've been doing this hobby for a while, you would have a bunch of them by now.

I have at least 5+ Action Base 1s and Action Base 2s that are still sealed. =P
Old 2013-11-12, 08:52   Link #31591
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I think it's a given that stands of any sort are a bonus and that if you really want to display your GunPla properly, then you would shell out the extra few bucks to buy an Action Base 1, Action Base 2, etc.

Hell, if you've been doing this hobby for a while, you would have a bunch of them by now.

I have at least 5+ Action Base 1s and Action Base 2s that are still sealed. =P
I build my first gunpla Monday night, and will get an Overflag as a gift tomorrow.

I'm planning on saving as much spare money as possible, the next one probably Arios Archer (saving me 3-5 bucks). Then I'll get to buy 2x teh stands.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-12 at 09:03.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:13   Link #31592
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
I don't think so, I believe actually doing "work" on your models IS a given if you want to display your models properly. That and if I'm doing some ground-type units.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:15   Link #31593
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I build my first gunpla Monday night, and will get an Overflag as a gift tomorrow.

I'm planning on saving as much spare money as possible, the next one probably Arios Archer (saving me 3-5 bucks). Then I'll get to buy 2x teh stands.

Very cool.
Personally, I would recommend MGs only. You will spend less money overall and you get the lead suits in very high quality, lots of gimmicks, and little to no stickers.

HGs are fun and relatively cheap, but because of that low price, you tend to spend more money getting a whole bunch of kits.
Old 2013-11-12, 09:17   Link #31594
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, a friend of me said it's an insult not to put them properly. (Disregard the fact that I'm too afraid to paint them)

... and I just found for whatever reason, Sazabi Char custom stand is the cheapest here I think I'll get them very soon, maybe before the next HG.

EDIT: I'm a bit traumatized with Master Grade, actually. Helping my pal assembling his Exia is... God, the stars! SO MANY PARTS!
Old 2013-11-12, 09:47   Link #31595
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
EDIT: I'm a bit traumatized with Master Grade, actually. Helping my pal assembling his Exia is... God, the stars! SO MANY PARTS!
Don't be intimidated by MGs. As long as you can understand the pictures in the manuals and has the minimum skill in assembling parts, you'll be fine. Still, if you're too afraid of MGs, I recommend building the simple MGs first like RX-78-2, Zaku, Mk.II, Strike, Age-1 Normal, etc.

Yes, MG Exia, 00, & Qant[T] is a little bit more complex compared to other main-character Gundams (Victory, Zeta & ZZ notwithstanding).

PS: Oh, and if you're still scared of MGs, don't even think about building RG Gundams unless you have no problem with the risk of ruining it .
Old 2013-11-12, 09:51   Link #31596
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
If you think that's a lot, wait till you get to see PGs.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:08   Link #31597
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Or RX-78-2 2.0, its an amazing model but the inner frame is bonkers for a novice.

On the other hand it is a very clear and easy laid out kit so very advisable to any adult that ever played with LEGO difficultywise
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:34   Link #31598
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Hmm...need some opinion on this:

So far, my collection only consists of Gundams (MGs- GP01, Gundam 2.0, Freedom).

So...with Nu Ver. Ka restocking soon (Nu being my fav gundam), I decided to buy another Gunpla after like...7 years. I preordered Nu Ver. Ka and Sazabi Ver. Ka (coming Dec) with the intention of recreating the famous scene from the movie.

But Sazabi isn't at the top of my list, as I want Exia Ignition (restocking in Dec). I'm on a tight budget for disposable income so i can only get Exia or Sazabi. Which one do you feel you would like in my case? The Sazabi or the Exia? Sazabi would add more variety to my collection (and CHAR!), but Exia Ignition is pretty cool.

P.S. Before anyone suggest MG Raiser, I plan to get the PG Raiser somewhere down the line so getting a MG is sort of pointless.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:36   Link #31599
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Yes, a friend of me said it's an insult not to put them properly. (Disregard the fact that I'm too afraid to paint them)

... and I just found for whatever reason, Sazabi Char custom stand is the cheapest here I think I'll get them very soon, maybe before the next HG.

The MGs from Gundam 00 are quite detailed and complicated compared to many others. If you want a MG kit but want something a little less daunting and complicated, you should try something from the G Gundam, Gundam AGE, or Gundam Wing Endless Waltz ver. line of MGs. They're much less complicated while still being amazing kits.

But the MGs from Gundam 00 are quite impressive; especially if you have them all like I do with LEDs as well.

MG Exia
MG Exia Repair 1 (from MG Exia Ignition Mode)
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Raiser Condenser Type (from MG 00 Raiser kit + condenser pieces from MG 00 Qan[t]..)
MG 00 Qan[t]
MG 00 Qan[t] Quantum Burst (from MG 00 Qan[t] you take off some armor pieces).
MG Exia Trans Am
MG 00 Gundam 7 Sword G
MG GN X

Soon I will have the MG Exia Repair 2 which is an online exclusive kit.
Old 2013-11-12, 11:04   Link #31600
Shinobi2013

Based from my experience, it's even more recommended to start off with HG or non graded kits rather than MGs. As most modellers said, MGs are more recommended for experienced modellers rather than the beginners, they didn't called "Master Grade" for nothing in the first place anyway.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy