AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-01, 03:51   Link #181
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

But It's obvious from the art who's making it. Even Silver Link don't use such a plain colors and specific chara-designes
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 10:31   Link #182
tsunade666

I don't know.

Silver link for me is good when its starting with C3 and bakatest but the recent works feels -_- meh... look at StB >_>
Old 2013-12-01, 11:14   Link #183
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

But Illiya and WataMote were good
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 13:59   Link #184
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't know.

Silver link for me is good when its starting with C3 and bakatest but the recent works feels -_- meh... look at StB >_>
StB is okay to me. Baka Test II was a total mess, C3 was meh for me. Illya was ok but desings were bad bad. Watamote was plain wrong to begin with from what I read I don't expect it to have good sales.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 16:11   Link #185
tsunade666

illya is indeed good but.... its too cute for my preference >_> you know the coloring and all but animation wise. It looks good but coloring of it? >_> and some character design... like shirou for example is <_<

well silver link animation wise. Shaft is good with their dynamic animation but they also fail which is why the got shafted word meme was born.

I have no complaints for the studio
Old 2013-12-04, 11:26   Link #186
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Claris will sing the OP.
Old 2013-12-04, 11:29   Link #187
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Claris will sing the OP.
Nice! I love their songs.
Old 2013-12-06, 20:11   Link #188
MartianMage

I'm going to give this a chance because it's by Shaft and maybe they can somehow save it for me cause I've tried reading the manga and I dropped it at around chapter 40 or so. Some characters mainly Raku just annoyed me greatly...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 20:55   Link #189
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I'm going to give this a chance because it's by Shaft and maybe they can somehow save it for me cause I've tried reading the manga and I dropped it at around chapter 40 or so. Some characters mainly Raku just annoyed me greatly...
They'll have a hard time with it, even with all their traditional Shaft flourishes...which makes me wonder how Nisekoi even came into their hands in the first place. A unabashedly retro romcom like Nisekoi that thrives on its cheese and cliches doesn't seem like the typical, quirky stuff that Shaft put out, with Negima being the only real exception. And Shaft's Negima was pretty forgettable.

Not that I hate the manga or anything, I have a soft spot for it in fact, but the combination is just hugely odd. I do admit I have a grim fascination to see the end result.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 03:41   Link #190
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
They'll have a hard time with it, even with all their traditional Shaft flourishes...which makes me wonder how Nisekoi even came into their hands in the first place. A unabashedly retro romcom like Nisekoi that thrives on its cheese and cliches doesn't seem like the typical, quirky stuff that Shaft put out, with Negima being the only real exception. And Shaft's Negima was pretty forgettable.

Not that I hate the manga or anything, I have a soft spot for it in fact, but the combination is just hugely odd. I do admit I have a grim fascination to see the end result.
This I agree. Which is why I ask the question of which studio is making it.

Nisekoi isn't just the type of story shaft make and I can't think of how they will do it with their usual style.

Which adds the anticipation. New things are always welcome.
Old 2013-12-07, 04:50   Link #191
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Shaft is making it because Aniplex is publishing it and Shaftiplex is responsible for the two best-selling anime of the past decade.
Attaching Shaft's name to Nisekoi serves a promotional function, I'd think.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 13:35   Link #192
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Just caught up on the manga. Chitoge is mai waifu.

Also, loving it. No ones really bothering me. Raku is an idiot sure, but it makes it more entertaining for the girls.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 22:04   Link #193
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Is it really that odd? Some of the exaggerated faces drawn in the manga look like something Shaft is perfect at animating
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 02:46   Link #194
MartianMage

Quote:

Well I'm not really sure what Shaft can do about this show but I just hope they try to change it cause yeah I'm not really pleased with the source material itself...

Quote:
Raku is an idiot sure, but it makes it more entertaining for the girls.
It's his attitude towards the girls and this childhood promise that pisses me off really. I'm not gonna go into detail here since this isn't even the place to do it but yeah he just comes off as a huge hypocrite to me.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 04:09   Link #195
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

They made it clear in the anime article that the promised girl is fuu-chan (orange haired girl for non-manga people). I'm so mad at shaft right now.

ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 04:17   Link #196
ices
Working Hard

Who is fuu-chan?

Haru friends? Hmm... Let's see.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 04:27   Link #197
Candyshark

Does it mean over the top wordy and arty? I still not sure whether I should read manga or go in blindly. Premise is interesting.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 04:36   Link #198
ices
Working Hard

I sugest go in blindly. It's interesting that way. You'll be spoiled (or lost interest) if you read the manga now.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 11:59   Link #199
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
They made it clear in the anime article that the promised girl is fuu-chan (orange haired girl for non-manga people). I'm so mad at shaft right now.

That hair color is Marika's (compare on the previous page). Fuu-chan's hair is deep red. And this is from the very first page of the manga, Shaft is just being faithful to the source.
Old 2013-12-10, 12:36   Link #200
HauntingShock

HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen jump