Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 09:37   Link #8001
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I expect it from Henne now. Not even mad because it kept us above Oakland in the draft standings. I like the pass they threw to Meester, lol, that was great.

Updated draft order:

http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/

I can really still see us landing Bridgewater. There's a very possible, even likely, scenario where the Texans sign Jay Cutler in the offseason and draft Jadeveon Clowney instead of a QB with the first pick, the Rams draft Jake Matthews, which is even more likely now after Jake Long tore his ACL today, and then we get our pick of any QB off the board, likely Teddy.

The reason I say the Texans will sign Cutler (or maybe even trade for Kirk Cousins) is because they want to contend immediately next year. I don't think they want to hand the reigns of the offense over to a rookie QB to learn on the fly when they feel there is enough talent on the roster to be SB contenders immediately. They'd preferably want a QB who already has experience playing in the NFL. Rumors already started popping up last week that they're interested in going after Cutler in the offseason.
Has Bridgewater made his decision yet?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 10:05   Link #8002
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Tomorrow night will be a special night. The 49ers will be pumped up for the last game at Candlestick. If we lose that game we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.
They better obliterate the Falcons. I'm down 5, got 49er DST, and opponent has Tony Gonzalez. I need a HUGE game from 49ers defensively.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 10:13   Link #8003
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I sincerely hope San Francisco wins by at least 30 and that Matt Ryan gets sacked into oblivion. If Week 17 turns into a deathmatch scenario, I'll be livid. 49ers are better than anyone in those hack divisons that are the NFC North and East this year and Arizona effectively is too.
Old 2013-12-23, 11:35   Link #8004
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Has Bridgewater made his decision yet?
He hasn't announced it officially but given a tweet he sent out he's definitely entering.
Old 2013-12-23, 16:26   Link #8005
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Was out of town last night, but we totally bombed...

And it was the offense, STILL the offense holding this team back...Panthers I give them credit for the win but we dominated them on defense (0-9 on 3rd down which is so beyond pathetic)...To hold them down with most of our secondary out for the season shows how "overrated" the whole "Cam Newton has arrived"- stuff is, but he did it when he had to and our all-pro punter decides the worst time to kick his worst punt of the season basically putting the Panthers in easy FG range to begin...

We got burned just like in the Patriots game which I already stated would cost us the season when it happened...So now we have to somehow not blow it at home where we're apparently great to just make the playoffs...

Sean Payton is still rusty as hell and despite the gambling mentality he'll never gamble when it counts in the 4th only when the game is "up in the air" prior to halftime...I knew when we ran 3 plays to run out the clock we were going to lose...

Brees hasn't been right since he got hit in that San Fran game, and even he now has to realize how perhaps giving up a few million could have helped us stabilize our offensive line which is by far the worse line in the Payton-Brees era..

We hid our deficiencies pretty well this season...but injuries and terrible playcalling has rendered our offense pitiful compared to as recent as last year (save for some spurts at home)...

Good defenses are squatting on the backs out of the backfield nullifying Thomas and Sproles (the NFL's top two catching backs)

Our WRs have no speed so they can't separate and Brees has to hold the ball behind a shitty line and now he's been hit too many times to just shake it off. In addtion Sean Payton hates to run the ball with a passion Andy Reid haters would find impressive, so all in all what could have been a masterful season given our roster problems is right where many thought we'd be entering the season and that's fighting for a wildcard spot....

but the good news I guess is that Carolina isn't much better than us with a much better roster and the fact the Saints will probably face Dallas or Philly first which are far more beatable than playing San Fran or Seattle first, so one and done here we come...

BLEAUX SAINTS
Old 2013-12-23, 16:37   Link #8006
Samari
World's Greatest

Tony Romo out for the season with a back injury.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 17:31   Link #8007
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Jason Garrett denied he's out for the season.
Old 2013-12-23, 18:17   Link #8008
GDB

Quote:
And right after they flex the Eagles/Cowboys to prime time. They should've gone with Ravens/Bengals, but I guess we get to witness another match with the Eagles blowing out their opponent.
Old 2013-12-23, 18:52   Link #8009
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And right after they flex the Eagles/Cowboys to prime time. They should've gone with Ravens/Bengals, but I guess we get to witness another match with the Eagles blowing out their opponent.
The Cowboys coaching staff say he's day to day, but honestly if he gets sacked and hit the wrong, they'll have to pull him out. The injury will require surgery eventually.
Old 2013-12-23, 20:33   Link #8010
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Jason Garrett denied he's out for the season.
Adam Schefter stands by his report.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-12-23, 21:22   Link #8011
GDB

Samari, your team is killing me here.

Yeah, at this point, I'm down 4.5 points. I need a pick 6 or punt/kickoff return for TD to still pull this out. I blame the following:

Jordy Nelson, for having a shitty day
Greg Jennings, for having a shitty day
Rashad Jennings, for having a shitty day
Fred Jackson, for somehow having a good day despite Miami not giving up points to RBs over the past month
Cordarrelle Patterson, for stealing Greg Jennings' points
Peyton Manning, for being a stat whore

Screw it, the game isn't over yet, but I'm also going to blame the 49er defense for not being able to keep a 4 win team from racking up 24+ points against them. Even if they just got the pick 6 I needed, it's far too late. They #$&#ing let Gonzalez get a touchdown and too many yards. I'd need another pick 6 at this point, plus 3 sacs, and no more yards from Gonzalez.

Last edited by GDB; 2013-12-23 at 23:40.
Old 2013-12-23, 23:58   Link #8012
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The one time I (and Saints nation) actually wanted Atlanta to win...

LOL...smh...

This world....
Old 2013-12-24, 00:07   Link #8013
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

LOL...smh...

This world....
Not to be a kill-joy here, but what's the chance the Saints get past the first round of playoff? They haven't been very convincing for the past few weeks. Not only that, the opposing team defense for the past two weeks pretty much had similar strategy against the Saints offense.

Any thoughts?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 00:16   Link #8014
VTHokiePride

Quote:

Yeah, at this point, I'm down 4.5 points. I need a pick 6 or punt/kickoff return for TD to still pull this out. I blame the following:

Fred Jackson, for somehow having a good day despite Miami not giving up points to RBs over the past month

Screw it, the game isn't over yet, but I'm also going to blame the 49er defense for not being able to keep a 4 win team from racking up 24+ points against them. Even if they just got the pick 6 I needed, it's far too late. They #$&#ing let Gonzalez get a touchdown and too many yards. I'd need another pick 6 at this point, plus 3 sacs, and no more yards from Gonzalez.
Jordy Nelson is the reason I did not survive fantasy playoffs in addition to NFL.com taking away 9 yards from LeVeon Bell, which made me lose by .4 instead of winning by .4
Old 2013-12-24, 00:31   Link #8015
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Not to be a kill-joy here, but what's the chance the Saints get past the first round of playoff? They haven't been very convincing for the past few weeks. Not only that, the opposing team defense for the past two weeks pretty much had similar strategy against the Saints offense.

Any thoughts?
Well god-willing if Atlanta plays anywhere close to how they played at San fran they can beat Carolina, and obviously we'd have to beat Tampa in the dome where we are different team...Then we get the 2 seed and atleast one home game....

If we win or back into the playoffs we can certainly beat a terrible Dallas team on the road with no Tony Romo and I even think we can beat Philly provided the weather isn't atrocious...So while I do think all the Saints flaws were exposed over the last four weeks, that doesn't mean we aren't capable of winning a playoff game on the road...Although we've never done this, so your killjoyousness is valid...

In any event, until Sean Payton commits to the run on road we don't have much of a shot in hell doing anything...
Old 2013-12-24, 01:07   Link #8016
Samari
World's Greatest

One last fantastic finish to Candlestick Park. Lovely. The Falcons put up a fight, and the 49ers looks really horrible a good amount of the game. Especially the first half. I don't know what the **** happened to the defense. The 49ers couldn't cover Roddy White to save their lives. The offense needs to get their act together too. They did better in the second half, but Kaep is starting to worry me. He can't play well for like a few games in a row as a passer. It's annoying. I know it's only his first year as a starter, but it's getting annoying.

Whatever. We won, we're in the playoffs and Candlestick proved it still has a little magic left. GO NINERS.

Quote:

LOL...smh...

This world....
I'm glad this win disappointed you. Don't choke against Tampa.

Quote:

Sorry my friend. You got the pick six. Our defense sucked balls tonight doe.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2013-12-24 at 03:47.
Old 2013-12-24, 09:39   Link #8017
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
I had enough faith that we could shut out the Eagles again this season...

well fuck

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

feeling like Romo is turning into Derrick Rose
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 12:19   Link #8018
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I had enough faith that we could shut out the Eagles again this season...

well fuck

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

feeling like Romo is turning into Derrick Rose
Rose is stand alone by himself as the injury prone busta of all sports
Old 2013-12-25, 04:44   Link #8019
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Right, so I had pretty much decided that I was through in this forum and was pondering requesting for my account to be disabled when I came across this. I just feel compelled to reply.

Quote:
. . .Carolina isn't much better than us with a much better roster. . .
Bro, you're my favorite member in this thread, but this is simply not true. Carolina has overachieved major this year. Most people (most Panther fans included) were expecting another 6-10/7-9 year with the search for a new head coach expected at this moment. There were a lot columnists that had Carolina as the worst team in the NFC South and admittedly, it was pretty hard to dispute that on paper. Shit, the Panthers were prepared to fire Rivera had Carolina not beat the Giants like they had. They were inquiring about potential new coaches and everything.

Have you looked at the Panthers' roster, lately? Outside of the front 7 and Cam Newton, the rest of the roster is basically held to together by duct tap. We have a secondary with mediocre corners (UFDA Lester White, 5'8" Captain Munnerlyn, and Josh Thomas) and safeties on one-year deals (Mike Mitchell and Quentin Mikell). None of those guys are particularly talented, and if the front can't get pressure, they are exposed.

The offense is in worst shape. There is 80 millions dollars tied up in a backfield (fuck you Marty Hurney, you inept piece of shit) that just blows now. DeAngelo Williams is clearly over the hill and falls backwards at first contact and Jonathon Stewart is imjury-prone and can't stay on the field. Mike Tolbert, who is our best back right now, isn't even a true RB.

This will be our WR lineup for the Falcons game and until further notice:

-Brandon LaFell
-Ted Ginn Jr.
-Domenick Hixon
-Marvin McNutt

Who the fuck is Marvin McNutt?!? We just signed that dude like a month ago. I haven't seen a highlight of that guy since his Iowa days. And what sucks is even more is that with Steve Smith in there, I doubt it would be much better. Smith is 34 years old and as much as I love the guy, his age has clearly caught up with him.

The OL is in worst shape than the secondary. Guard Nate Chandler, started the year as a fucking DT and he moved to stay on the team; and now he is starting at RG. Outside of Ryan Kalil (and Jordan Gross when his arthritis isn't acting up . . ) everyone else is terrible, but those woes get pushed under the rug by everyone because Cam can pull some Houdini shit every other game. Run blocking has been HORRIBLE this year. Our rushing is skewed by Cam Newton scrambles.

You said that Atlanta can beat us, well you're not wrong. In fact, I almost expect it. I know I come off as super-cynical, but the offense hasn't really played well the last couple of weeks and have been bailed out by the defense for a while now. Cam, who was lethal on deep throws his first two years, can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn beyond 20 yards most of the time this year. I blame the Jykell-and-Hyde coordinating over the last couple of years. Mike Shula as an OC absolutely sucks, he is too conservative. It pisses me off that Carolina can't find a middle-man in-between Chudzinski, whose playcalling consisted consisted of shitty read-option plays that took 10 seconds to develop and Shula - who is generally scared to call routes beyond 10 yards. That dink-and-dunk shit doesn't work.

Yet, despite all that; somehow, someway, through scene determination and defense, we are 11-4, but at this rate, we might be one-and-done in the playoffs. I'm not confident that we could beat Seattle, San Francisco, or even Philadelphia right now. New Orleans would be a toss-up because of the divisional aspect. We could likely beat Dallas, Chicago, or Green Bay (assuming Aaron Rodgers is not back).

We have so many holes to fill this offseason, but again since we spent so much money on players from a 2-14 team (Fuck you, Hurney. You piece of trash.), it may be impossible to fix everything with lack of cap. As much I as I would like to keep him, I doubt see how we'll retain Greg "Da Kraken" Hardy without using the franchise tag. Only one WR is under contract next year, and that will be then 35 year old Steve Smith. Our draft should contain multiple picks on WR (I'm looking at you Kelvin Benjamin, Dorian Backham-Green, and/or Allen Robinson), OL, and CB. I would sacrifice all of y'all to the devil if it could get Mike Evans to somehow fall to us, but I doubt it.

So yeah, I just wanted to get that off my chest before I disappeared into the internet abyss. I'm out. Oh, and fuck you, Hurney. You thumbsucking asshole.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:48   Link #8020
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Right, so I had pretty much decided that I was through in this forum and was pondering requesting for my account to be disabled when I came across this. I just feel compelled to reply.

Bro, you're my favorite member in this thread, but this is simply not true. Carolina has overachieved major this year. Most people (most Panther fans included) were expecting another 6-10/7-9 year with the search for a new head coach expected at this moment. There were a lot columnists that had Carolina as the worst team in the NFC South and admittedly, it was pretty hard to dispute that on paper. Shit, the Panthers were prepared to fire Rivera had Carolina not beat the Giants like they had. They were inquiring about potential new coaches and everything.

Have you looked at the Panthers' roster, lately? Outside of the front 7 and Cam Newton, the rest of the roster is basically held to together by duct tap. We have a secondary with mediocre corners (UFDA Lester White, 5'8" Captain Munnerlyn, and Josh Thomas) and safeties on one-year deals (Mike Mitchell and Quentin Mikell). None of those guys are particularly talented, and if the front can't get pressure, they are exposed.

The offense is in worst shape. There is 80 millions dollars tied up in a backfield (fuck you Marty Hurney, you inept piece of shit) that just blows now. DeAngelo Williams is clearly over the hill and falls backwards at first contact and Jonathon Stewart is imjury-prone and can't stay on the field. Mike Tolbert, who is our best back right now, isn't even a true RB.

This will be our WR lineup for the Falcons game and until further notice:

-Brandon LaFell
-Ted Ginn Jr.
-Domenick Hixon
-Marvin McNutt

Who the fuck is Marvin McNutt?!? We just signed that dude like a month ago. I haven't seen a highlight of that guy since his Iowa days. And what sucks is even more is that with Steve Smith in there, I doubt it would be much better. Smith is 34 years old and as much as I love the guy, his age has clearly caught up with him.

The OL is in worst shape than the secondary. Guard Nate Chandler, started the year as a fucking DT and he moved to stay on the team; and now he is starting at RG. Outside of Ryan Kalil (and Jordan Gross when his arthritis isn't acting up . . ) everyone else is terrible, but those woes get pushed under the rug by everyone because Cam can pull some Houdini shit every other game. Run blocking has been HORRIBLE this year. Our rushing is skewed by Cam Newton scrambles.

You said that Atlanta can beat us, well you're not wrong. In fact, I almost expect it. I know I come off as super-cynical, but the offense hasn't really played well the last couple of weeks and have been bailed out by the defense for a while now. Cam, who was lethal on deep throws his first two years, can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn beyond 20 yards most of the time this year. I blame the Jykell-and-Hyde coordinating over the last couple of years. Mike Shula as an OC absolutely sucks, he is too conservative. It pisses me off that Carolina can't find a middle-man in-between Chudzinski, whose playcalling consisted consisted of shitty read-option plays that took 10 seconds to develop and Shula - who is generally scared to call routes beyond 10 yards. That dink-and-dunk shit doesn't work.

Yet, despite all that; somehow, someway, through scene determination and defense, we are 11-4, but at this rate, we might be one-and-done in the playoffs. I'm not confident that we could beat Seattle, San Francisco, or even Philadelphia right now. New Orleans would be a toss-up because of the divisional aspect. We could likely beat Dallas, Chicago, or Green Bay (assuming Aaron Rodgers is not back).

We have so many holes to fill this offseason, but again since we spent so much money on players from a 2-14 team (Fuck you, Hurney. You piece of trash.), it may be impossible to fix everything with lack of cap. As much I as I would like to keep him, I doubt see how we'll retain Greg "Da Kraken" Hardy without using the franchise tag. Only one WR is under contract next year, and that will be then 35 year old Steve Smith. Our draft should contain multiple picks on WR (I'm looking at you Kelvin Benjamin, Dorian Backham-Green, and/or Allen Robinson), OL, and CB. I would sacrifice all of y'all to the devil if it could get Mike Evans to somehow fall to us, but I doubt it.

So yeah, I just wanted to get that off my chest before I disappeared into the internet abyss. I'm out. Oh, and fuck you, Hurney. You thumbsucking asshole.
$80 million in the backfield?! Honestly, I would've traded Stewart when he was healthy and producing. DeAngelo Williams just needs to get fed the ball. He's a speed back and will break one eventually. Tolbert's a good FB. He's probably my current favorite in the NFL. He's short, but can still power the ball for small yardage and he can catch passes out of the backfield too. Carolina's strength on defense is their front seven. I think they're an underrated group. Short and Lotulelei and both young DTs they picked up from this year's draft that look very promising. Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson are both solid DEs. Thomas Davis is looking really good coming back from injuries and we all know Luke is really good. I don't like Captain, never have. I think Carolina really needs to find a playmaker to replace Steve Smith and another corner to fill Chris Gamble's void. I pegged them at 9-7 at best this year.

Tags
american football, sports