AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-22, 22:54   Link #1901
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I know there are big questions going on about Othinus' character and power and destroying the world and what not... But I honestly only have one question. Who's harem is she going to join after her eventual defeat?
I vote Hamazura... The crazy ones seem to be fond of him... Btw I have nothing to support this <can't even call it a theory> just throwing it out there to see what others have to say about her harem status.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2013-12-22, 23:21   Link #1902
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I know there are big questions going on about Othinus' character and power and destroying the world and what not... But I honestly only have one question. Who's harem is she going to join after her eventual defeat?
I vote Hamazura... The crazy ones seem to be fond of him... Btw I have nothing to support this <can't even call it a theory> just throwing it out there to see what others have to say about her harem status.
or................... maybe we can assume she is going to die? just a hunch.
Old 2013-12-23, 05:52   Link #1903
Draco Spirit

I go with die, honestly I go with her dying is what breaks Touma's heart.
Old 2013-12-23, 09:50   Link #1904
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I doubt it since she has never even met Hamazura.

In all honesty, I think she will die at the end of the arc. At least…that's the feeling I have.
Old 2013-12-23, 21:09   Link #1905
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I doubt it since she has never even met Hamazura.

In all honesty, I think she will die at the end of the arc. At least…that's the feeling I have.
Why does everyone have this feeling. I'm so confused lol

I don't particularly have this feeling. I actually have no feelings about this because I'm trying as hard as possible not to think about it until it comes out.

At this point, I'm just happy because it seems pretty obvious that Kamachi wants to continue this series for a long time given what he said at the end of the afterword in New Testament volume 8.
Old 2013-12-23, 23:46   Link #1906
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

she wont die, i think she would be vital in dealing with maybe crowley or laura in the future. if she ends up in orsolas house like the rest of the magician girls except for lessar and birdway. a plus for touma

but it would be hilarious if she end up with accelerator
Old 2013-12-26, 12:58   Link #1907
Breimoon

i think she is gonna join Touma's harem, after being super nerfed.
Old 2013-12-26, 22:55   Link #1908
Miraluka
Banned

New Testament's sales since vol.3:

To think Vol.3 sold more just because of the cover .
Old 2013-12-27, 20:20   Link #1909
dKmps
ñe

I was re-reading Ch.55 from Railgun's manga and I had this random thought: what if the misterious girl from some pictures in the LN is the manager of that site about urban legends?:O
Old 2013-12-28, 11:11   Link #1910
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
of course she will fall for hamazura
Old 2013-12-30, 01:21   Link #1911
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

By the way, this still gets me every time I read this quote by Aleister.

I really am curious whether NT 9 will help shed any light at all about this, because this is absolutely killing me with suspense lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley

If Deep Blood proves the existence of vampires, whose existence does Imagine Breaker prove?
Old 2013-12-30, 01:46   Link #1912
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Seeing as it negates supernatural, probably the crux of it all, God
Old 2013-12-30, 03:05   Link #1913
zaeraal

The problem I see with it is the boundary between natural and supernatural.
I mean when exactly a natural thing becomes supernatural?

If a rock is natural and man is also natural, then a "rocky hammer made by man" should also be natural.
If life force is natural and man is also natural, then a "form of life force altered by man" should also be natural.
If so, then it's effect on world should also be natural.

Either there is some glitch with the IB, or at some point a supernatural source is used to alter / swap the natural energy.

In that case IB would prove that there exists some supernatural sources in this universe.
It's not necessary a god as god (if exists) is both natural and supernatural (he created the natural stuff too, so it's also part of him).
It does not even have to be a "being" it could be some ancient relic that allows the use of supernatural powers on given planet.
Old 2013-12-30, 03:26   Link #1914
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Seeing as it negates supernatural, probably the crux of it all, God
it doesn't negate supernatural. it resets the setting of the world.

if it helps. it might help prove that someone has design the world according to its will and his will or his ideal world is recorded on imagine breaker.

imagine breaker might be the proof of a maker/creator or god.
Old 2013-12-30, 03:33   Link #1915
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Deep Blood existence proves the existence of vampires, because Deep Blood is used to kill Vampires.

On a basic level, Imagine Breaker existence proves the existence of supernatural powers, because it is used to "kill" supernatural powers.

At the same time, Saints existing proves there is a "Son of God", because they have the same bodies as him.

Imagine Breaker is the "Reference Point" of the world. Now why would you need a reference point?

Following the Deep Blood line of thought, it would mean that Imagine Breaker's existence proves that the world is in danger of changing it's laws, that's why we need a Reference Point.

On the other hand, if we follow the Saint's line of thought, it means in order to have a "Reference Point", that means that some where out there is a "Creator/Architect" that had designed the world and gave it a setting.
Old 2013-12-30, 13:29   Link #1916
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Deep Blood existence proves the existence of vampires, because Deep Blood is used to kill Vampires.

On a basic level, Imagine Breaker existence proves the existence of supernatural powers, because it is used to "kill" supernatural powers.

At the same time, Saints existing proves there is a "Son of God", because they have the same bodies as him.

Imagine Breaker is the "Reference Point" of the world. Now why would you need a reference point?

Following the Deep Blood line of thought, it would mean that Imagine Breaker's existence proves that the world is in danger of changing it's laws, that's why we need a Reference Point.

On the other hand, if we follow the Saint's line of thought, it means in order to have a "Reference Point", that means that some where out there is a "Creator/Architect" that had designed the world and gave it a setting.
I'm pretty sure that's the nicest explanation I've ever seen to that question. I'm impressed

I wonder if gremlin/othinus will lead to a third interpretation as well.
Old 2013-12-31, 14:46   Link #1917
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Unrelated: I was also wondering if anyone had any idea about the significance of the trinity... or do people think we'll have to wait until after this Othinus arc and maybe a Laura arc to start getting any answers as to that.

Personally, I've been feeling like Aleister wants to use precise tools on religion, to basically engineer a scientific version of Christianity from scratch.

Some of my concerns recently with Aleister's vision, (considering that he's the most powerful magician) lies in the fact that he is seemingly only using a Christian basis for his esper/magic/shimmering city. It might be possible that he'll take some nordic inspiration after this arc with Othinus, but up until now he has really only seemed to use Christian style magic (and some other angellic magics) as inspiration for his scientific religion.

This concerns me because it makes me wonder why he isn't looking into Hindu or Nordic magic. In any case, it seems to me that by knowing about IB he's aware or is at least fully capable of dealing with pretty much all other types of magic (especially considering what happened with Ladylee and Urepaddy). (I'm not sure if he was actually unaware of what happened with Arisa, and I'm curious as to whether that'll be important later...I'm sure it will be... )

It is possible that Aleister still has a ways to go? I mean he is weaker than Aiwass after all... But he seems to be pretty capable otherwise. What really is bothering me now is what exactly the Will of the Misaka network is. No matter the real plot of NT 9... SHE BUGS ME. I feel like she's really important somehow... I hope or would love if she made an appearance in the railgun manga in the daihasesai arc...
Old 2013-12-31, 14:50   Link #1918
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

since saints are closer to god and all, does imagine breakers existence may not divine or devil~like?
Old 2013-12-31, 15:48   Link #1919
tsunade666

Since when does Aleister uses Christian based for his work? didn't he deny Fiamma of it because its outdated? and if your referring to the artificial angel then let me remind you that angel in to aru verse isn't solely meant angel in christian religion.

Angel in to aru verse are alien beings that are unnatural towards this dimension.

Just like how magic is invoking by using alien knowledge to alter this world. Magic here isn't natural so anyone that knows the ritual even without magic talents can use it. Look at Komoe-sensei. Which make Tamni verse unique.

You don't need magical core or circuit or need to have the special "talent" which is unique to those gifted to use magic.

Though having having those special talents indeed help. Like saints, valkyries and the royal families.

As for Imagine Breaker. I won't call it evil or good. Its neutral. Which was already said a lot by index in the earlier book. It doesn't choose between good or evil. it deny and negated all. Including healing magic. try to reread the part where Itsuwa tried to heal kamijou....

geez.... even if I'm not reading index anymore more or my knowledge is getting rusty. I still can't forget the setting of this series. its really interesting and unique which makes me love it. but still not enough for me to continue on it >_>
Old 2013-12-31, 15:58   Link #1920
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Since when does Aleister uses Christian based for his work? didn't he deny Fiamma of it because its outdated? and if your referring to the artificial angel then let me remind you that angel in to aru verse isn't solely meant angel in christian religion.

Angel in to aru verse are alien beings that are unnatural towards this dimension.

Just like how magic is invoking by using alien knowledge to alter this world. Magic here isn't natural so anyone that knows the ritual even without magic talents can use it. Look at Komoe-sensei. Which make Tamni verse unique.

You don't need magical core or circuit or need to have the special "talent" which is unique to those gifted to use magic.

Though having having those special talents indeed help. Like saints, valkyries and the royal families.

As for Imagine Breaker. I won't call it evil or good. Its neutral. Which was already said a lot by index in the earlier book. It doesn't choose between good or evil. it deny and negated all. Including healing magic. try to reread the part where Itsuwa tried to heal kamijou....

geez.... even if I'm not reading index anymore more or my knowledge is getting rusty. I still can't forget the setting of this series. its really interesting and unique which makes me love it. but still not enough for me to continue on it >_>
Well all Aleister said was that Fiamma used only Christainity. Aleister is using science and Christianity (I'm not sure about other stuff...)

The reason I thought this was because Aleister mentions the Trinity: Accel, Hyoka, Misaka Network. (Which is like the trinity for Catholics, (I'm not Christian so don't fault me if I make some mistakes here...) ) He has Aiwass which is like an Angel... which is probably based on Aleister Crowley's own personal religion as seen in Wikipedia... which is called Thelema... and he has the Imaginary number district...)

It still seems to me like he's using a lot of Christian concepts for his ideas though...

Before GREMLIN came in, I thought that the only difference between Fiamma and Aleister was the lack of science in terms of completing the plan, because Aleister made it seem like Fiamma wasn't that far away from the right type of idea to win... though I guess now that you mention it, there might be other problems/hints that Aleister didn't let on...

Also, the biggest question for me remains the following: Why didn't Aleister dispose of Fiamma when he could have...? Is it really just because he didn't know Fiamma was there... and how did he not get noticed by the Underline later on in NT...
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions