Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 11:35   Link #921
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
You know, I don't want to sound like an ass here but I seriously question the credibility of your statement now.
And I would suggest stop sounding like a know-it-all just because it HASN'T happened to you. This has happened twice to me so far, and given the fact that I'm KEENLY watching E-3 for drops (I even have lists of all Kongou drops I've had so far since the even started) means I HAVE been paying attention. I have to, especially with the resources I have to shepherd to even hit E-3 with any regularity.

The problem with capturing any evidence of these freak "events", if you want to call it that, is that NO ONE expects them, and certainly no one is in the right frame of mind to make a screenshot before one happens. Especially when you'd be frantically hitting Refresh instead.

As for my drop record from Kongou so far, in order:

1. Kongou
2. Kaga
3. Hiryuu
4. Kinu
5. Kinugasa
6. I-19
7. Hiyou
8. Hyuuga
9. Haruna
10. Mutsu
11. Naganami
12. Atago
13. Tone
14. Kaga
15. Zuikaku
16. Nagara
17, Junyou
18, Hiyou

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-04 at 11:45.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 12:34   Link #922
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
And I would suggest stop sounding like a know-it-all just because it HASN'T happened to you. This has happened twice to me so far, and given the fact that I'm KEENLY watching E-3 for drops (I even have lists of all Kongou drops I've had so far since the even started) means I HAVE been paying attention. I have to, especially with the resources I have to shepherd to even hit E-3 with any regularity.
And it's exactly because you claimed it to happen TWICE in the EXACT same way that makes me skeptical. Ship of the same name, sunk on yellow health, and now with added spice of refreshing after battle to save her? That sounds fishy to me.

The health part seemed unlikely but was still plausible in a sense, but there's no getting around algorithm and hardware. You're not gonna change anything that's already calculated in the server by disconnecting. That's not even limited to the game itself anymore.

And quite frankly I don't really care about the sinking part to be honest, it's your kanmusu and you're free to abuse them however you want.

What I do care about, however, is your false claim of refreshing after starting the battle to save your ship. What you're essentially doing right now is giving other players the wrong idea to think they might luck out by refreshing the battle after advancing red, and I don't need to tell you what happens next.

So yes, tell yourself and people how your KTKM kept sinking in yellow all you like, but I'm not about to let you spread false rumors about refreshing to interrupt sinking. The community already has enough difficulty with language and accessibility, and certainly does not need any more of these sick ideas to screw players over.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-01-04 at 12:44.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:04   Link #923
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
So yes, tell yourself and people how your KTKM kept sinking in yellow all you like, but I'm not about to let you spread false rumors about refreshing to interrupt sinking.
Wait, what? Are you saying I'm actually spreading misinformation on purpose? Really? In a forum where there already so few of us here, and not likely to get any more for a while due to the lottery system? What will it take to convince someone like you, a FRAPS recording?

And why would I spread misinformation, when I'm the one who made this goddamned thread. I want to spread word of the game, but I'm ALSO here to share experiences, and if it said experience actually SAVED my Hibiki before, then if it worked why not?
Old 2014-01-04, 17:46   Link #924
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Doing the few dailies I could finish before I go to work today, and I have to say, it's startling to look at the Quest screen and see zero composition quests. ^^; Now to do those composition sortie quests...

Leveling team for my work hours will be Shoukaku (flagship, but will tag out once she hits 30, which is soon), Kisou Kai2, Ooi Kai2, Zuikaku, I-401 (to be tagged out when she gets hit), and Naganami.

P.S. I really think that the caveat for this thread should be posted as "It worked for me, but there's no telling if it will work for you." I'm reminded of that post about grinding 4-4, but all I got out of it was ships in the dock for more hours than they should be there. ^^;

P.P.S. Shoukaku Kai'd! Zuikaku gets the flagship position, as it's FAR more useful to have a remodeled fleet carrier than even a rare DD like Naganami. ^^;

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-04 at 18:16.
Old 2014-01-04, 21:55   Link #925
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Just a reminder, there's another lottery again today at 4:30 JST, so for those who want to try, you can do so again today. Don't give up! *looks at Achikuana*

Oh, and I just noticed something while I was looking through my fleet album (yes it's kind of slow here at work), and I noticed that there's a gap in the album at #108. I double-checked on the English and JP wikis, and noted that there really is no ship girl with that number. Hmm.

Makes me wonder if they're going to use the slot for Water Margin/Suikoden (talking about the Chinese book here) reference.

EDIT:

One of the weird things about playing at the office is the fact that, due to the remote server having an out-of-date Adobe Flash player, everything seems to be going as if done on time-dilation. While this means that normal sorties can last anywhere from 15-20+ minutes (yes, even on 3-2A), it also means that none of my girls get fatigued, due to each sortie lasting so long that the game engine seems to decide that they've rested in the middle of the mission.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-05 at 01:21.
Old 2014-01-05, 04:03   Link #926
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Man, at Admiral level 45, the Nagara class cruisers at E-3 boss node change to a Ru and a Ta class battleship.

Pretty much the game's way of telling me not to neglect my leveling...
DragonBladeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 05:08   Link #927
GarethXL

garghh! finally clear E-2.

and first run of E-3 gave me mikuma

and is it me or is E-3 much easier to clear then E-2?
Old 2014-01-05, 05:47   Link #928
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethXL View Post
and is it me or is E-3 much easier to clear then E-2?
Relatively. However it's also MUCH more expensive resource-wise to keep running through it constantly.

DragonBladeX: I haaaaaaate you. Mikuma? On your first run? Daaaaaaarn. Two days to go before the event ends, so I'm gonna farm as much as can on Kongou to get a bear.
Old 2014-01-05, 06:05   Link #929
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
DragonBladeX: I haaaaaaate you. Mikuma? On your first run? Daaaaaaarn. Two days to go before the event ends, so I'm gonna farm as much as can on Kongou to get a bear.
I don't think I mentioned getting Mikuma on a first run. But I did get 2 copies of her on my E-3 runs so far . The best lucky drop I ever got was Shoukaku on my 3nd attempt on E-2 after I cleared it.

With the boss node upgrade, and the rest of the girls being holo(Nagato, Hiryuu, Zuikaku), I'll stick to either farming E-2 for Goya or hunker down for resource farming for LSC.

And my first LSC on default setting is Maruyu...
DragonBladeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 06:58   Link #930
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Okay, my resources, my ships. Let's do this. Time to hit E-3 again tonight.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This might just get me through four runs, if I add in the expected cost of repairs, but we'll see.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-05 at 07:47.
Old 2014-01-05, 07:07   Link #931
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBladeX View Post
I don't think I mentioned getting Mikuma on a first run. But I did get 2 copies of her on my E-3 runs so far . The best lucky drop I ever got was Shoukaku on my 3nd attempt on E-2 after I cleared it.
For your instance, Mikuma is vastly rarer than Shoukaku.
Quote:
And my first LSC on default setting is Maruyu...
Default setting biggest % are either any of the usual BB, Tone class or Maruyu.

___

By the way, I request that people in general to avoid double/triple post and posting images that have any dimension bigger than 700. Use a thumbnail if needed, but please don't clutter the thread if full sized/stretched game screenshot.
Old 2014-01-05, 07:49   Link #932
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Okay, 3 runs in, down to 2142 Fuel and 6867 ammo. Getting routed north way too often for my liking, bit hit the boss node all three times. However this just reinforced my belief that the Ta-Class and Wo-Class have to be neutered ASAP, or else they'd wreak havoc on your team.

Results for the runs so far from Kongou are as follows:

19. Fusou
20. Kongou
21. Abukuma

Looks like I have enough for one more run, so let's see.

EDIT: Run 22 produced... a Zuikaku. OTL

Welp, time for resource regen, then it's tomorrow again.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-05 at 08:54.
Old 2014-01-06, 02:53   Link #933
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

YouTube

And now for something completely different. Theme of the Teitoku... Surprisingly enough, it was done by Cool & Create, who used to do Touhou remixes.
Old 2014-01-06, 06:08   Link #934
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Welp, E-3 went full retard on me. Seven tries, only got to Kongou twice. Twice I got routed north to the steel node, three times one of my ships got critted to red before getting to the boss node. I rolled my eyes, then decided for a change of pace, and try bare-bones LSC.

One craft later. 5 hours. Huh.

Images

I get Nagato. TRULY RNG IS A CRUEL AND CAPRICIOUS MISTRESS.

EDIT: Results from my disastrous tries at E-3 tonight -

23. Tone
24. Kongou
25. Hiyou
26. Kongou

Sometimes, I think it's actually cheaper to gamble on the LSC recipes at this rate. Oh well, one more day.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-01-06 at 09:45.
Old 2014-01-06, 11:04   Link #935
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Burnt more resources at E-3, but still haven't got Zuikaku, Mikuma, and some of the rare DD from E-1 and E-2.... Still, I'm fairly content with getting Nanagami, Nagato, Zuihou and Shoukaku (+ I-401, and got kaga, Mutsu and Goya just before the event too) despite missed most of the event due to take some oversea vacation.

Will be kinda bored later if i ended up finishing the collection book too early now, so maybe i will just take things slow now

In last few hours, also decided to take advance of Maya(fog) and Iona to clear 3-4, 4-4, and 5-1. Spent roughly 3k resources for the whole thing, and all of my daughter safe and sounded, so fairly glad with the whole event ^^
Old 2014-01-06, 13:33   Link #936
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh, I'm STILL annoyed that I haven't gotten any bears, but got both the Cranes, as well as Nagato and her sister Mutsu. That said, getting Kumano or Mikuma would have been a good capper to an otherwise rollercoaster of an event. Too bad there's only one day left to do anything, and I don't have the resources for some final tries at E-3 tomorrow.
Old 2014-01-06, 22:11   Link #937
GarethXL

graggh still no iku
Old 2014-01-06, 22:40   Link #938
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Event will be ending during tomorrow's maintainence, 1/8 @ 11am JST,
Make sure to have at least one of the fog girls remaining in order to receive your event souvenir furniture.

Any equipment on the fog girls will be taken down, but just to be safe the devs recommend you to take them off beforehand.

If you've sent any fog girls on expedition, they will be removed from the fleet and the expedition result will be determined by the remaining composition.

If the fog girls are the only ships left in your possession, they will be replaced by a certain unnamed DD.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 02:23   Link #939
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Event will be ending during tomorrow's maintainence, 1/8 @ 11am JST,
Make sure to have at least one of the fog girls remaining in order to receive your event souvenir furniture.

Any equipment on the fog girls will be taken down, but just to be safe the devs recommend you to take them off beforehand.

If you've sent any fog girls on expedition, they will be removed from the fleet and the expedition result will be determined by the remaining composition.

If the fog girls are the only ships left in your possession, they will be replaced by a certain unnamed DD.
Awww, planned to try this, thought can trick the system to let me keep Iona xD
Old 2014-01-07, 04:39   Link #940
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

This event seems to be a New year gifts from Kancolle developers. I means, i didn't plan to take the ships farming seriously, but still ended up more than i wished for .

I think i will passed on Akigumo, Makigumo and Mikuma. So will just try to get Maikaze before the event done (and maybe another copy of Iku). But pretty much got everything else.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls