AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-14, 04:23   Link #1461
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Chisaki had more or less given up her feelings for Hikari before and certainly showed by her actions that she had feelings for Tsumugu. And I think Tsumugu already had more feelings for her than for Manaka. He never showed me special feelings for Manaka, but he did for Chisaki. So if there really was no romantic development in the intervening five years Chisaki and Tsumugu were living together, I think the writers have not actually followed the logic they had previously set up.
They both, Manaka and Tsumugu, felt something for each other, but mostly due to their similar attraction toward the "exotic/foreign". The former as a gate to grow up, the latter as his grandfather's legacy, that probably his parents disowned for some reason we don't know yet. Something could have happened, but as you said Tsumugu slowly fell for Chisaki. But the hints have been so subtle to be hard to see. And Manaka grown, thanks to him, to realize her feelings toward Hikari. Or so I think.

I agree about Chisaki, she had give up, or started to give up her feelings for Hikari. Otherwise her strong reaction during the calamity wouldn't make much sense. If rescuing Tsumugu could be seen as friendship, how she hugged him later definitely not.
Surely the calamity affected everything. So the fact that they had no evident romantic development in five years is expected, firstly for obvious storytelling reasons, secondly because Chisaki having lost everything she had, family and friends, in the way she lost them, surely suffered of a lot of guilt, surviving guilt, that stopped her to develop any further, on the surface. I guess somehow she felt like she doesn't deserve to be happy.
Add to this her personal guilt toward Kaname and that explains it.
Personally speaking I think that her guilt toward Kaname will be what keeps stopping her for a while in make any progress with Tsumugu instead of Hikari.

On the other side also Tsumugu I think has the same feelings, and I'm curious to know if anyone told him about the rescue, and most importantly, how. He was fainted so he had no clue of how things really went. And I don't think anyone told him precisely what happened. So he's lacking some important information about Chisaki that could have led him understanding better her feelings.
Strange as it sounds, because earlier it was shown more than once how perceptive he was. And how well they understood each other. In fact if anything, I saw hints in this episode about how their romance progressed underneath. Tsumugu decided to go back to the city, and we don't know yet what that could mean for him (living at his parents home maybe?), studying oceanography not only for his friends, but for Chisaki (he heard her crying) he somehow is dedicating himself to her, and to her friends, as much as Chisaki is doing the same (even if about their friends they reacted in opposite ways, Tsumugu is active and Chisaki is passive, she apparently is still mourning her friends).
It's just that their romance progressed in denial. That means they are doing everything is legit as non romantic to help each other. But I'm expecting, since as I said they understood each other, that Chisaki is very aware of what Tsumugu has been doing since then. As much as apparently he is not, due to his misunderstanding.
I'm also expecting that Hikari will try to wake him up. That explains the preview.
This is what the writers have build up so far is telling me.

About Manaka I also think the she will be back as the Queen of the Sea, even if now that she is gone I'm missing her a bit. And with all the build-up Hikari had I can't see him go for Miuna in the end. If not only after the Queen will have blessed them, that means only off screen.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 05:20   Link #1462
kira22

I realized one thing, that is tsugumu and others were convinced that in these five years also hikari and others have grown up, never imagined that they would remain the same.
PS: tsugumu wanted to study the ocean to find friends and Chisaki hikari (of which he is still convinced that she is in love with it) and it no longer suffer.
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 07:15   Link #1463
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

That and I don't think that the others even know about Manaka's heroic sacrifice. It was only Hikari who witnessed her getting dragged down by the seagod. And what about Kaname? I hope Chisaki mentions that she saw him getting crushed by that pillar even thought the OP pretty much confirms he's alive...

Tsumugu was always fascinated by the sea. I'm sure he was going towards that path even before the incident. Of course the situation surrounding his sea friends only made him pursue that path even more. That being said, after seeing Hikari not aging at all he might to court Chisaki now
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 11:00   Link #1464
ReinhartX

are there news on the OST? i want the OST played when at the end of episode 14...its too beautiful...
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 16:41   Link #1465
leorodri100

love the new OP but it is mostly because of how hikari is portrayed in it, his smile is so full of sadness. kudos to P.A works for the animation there

when i commented about uroko-sama i was just remembering that the fact he still alive makes it possible for a less deus ex-machina move when dealing with manaka's disappearence he could've been the one that helped frozen the sea maybe with the intention of later releasing the sea kids into some kind of mission, in the first ED manaka is frozen in the botton of the sea much like hikari probably was. the chances of her being already released outside are pretty high, much like how kaname probably will make his appearence once again

i know it's kinda of weird how i always talk about a ED or a OP but after watching sayonara zetsubou sensei and reading the final chapters i learned not to underestimate them
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 20:04   Link #1466
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I do think she needs closure as to what happened to her friends, but I don't think that this is completely because of her love for Hikari. First off, when she confessed she already knew it was a lost cause because of Hikari's love for Manaka and even told him so, saying that she knew he wouldn't return her feelings but she was just glad to be able to tell him.

I don't think she's as in love any more with Hikari as Tsumugu seems to think, no more than Manaka was as in love with Tsumugu as Hikari thought. This may hjave been a strong crush that she had for Hikari as a kid/preteen, but she's spent most of her older/more mature years with Tsumugu at a time where one get's a better idea about love and responsibility an such. I think Hikari might have been her crush as a child, but Tsumugu is the one that she loves as an adult. However, until she figures out everything with her missing friends and sleeping family, she's probably not thinking about a romantic relationship right now.
I'm not so convinced it was just a crush she had for Hikari. I do agree though that being older, she has a better understanding of her feelings because life experience and maturity. I also agree that she needs closure in other areas as well, such as with Kaname and Manaka. Time will only tell how things play out.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 23:54   Link #1467
deadite

remember the coming of age ceremony Sayama talked about?

Coming of Age Day (成人の日 Seijin no Hi?) is a Japanese holiday held annually on the second Monday of January. It is held in order to congratulate and encourage all those who have reached the age of majority (20 years old (二十歳 hatachi?)) over the past year, and to help them realize that they have become adults. Festivities include coming of age ceremonies (成人式 seijin-shiki?) held at local and prefectural offices, as well as after-parties amongst family and friends.

Imagine all the drama this will generate for Hikari...

anyone else noticed Itaru and Akari's new house?

Last edited by deadite; 2014-01-15 at 01:47.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 01:53   Link #1468
ices
Working Hard

Don't know if it's already posted, but here you go, the Sea village. (click the image for larger view)

And also Character Update

Images
Character Update
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There's no Kaname yet.

Last edited by ices; 2014-01-16 at 03:09. Reason: Character Update
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 04:29   Link #1469
deadite

wow it has their official ages!
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:59   Link #1470
Moeterum

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
wow it has their official ages!
Yep, so 14 and 19, they can't be together, it's illegal.
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 08:26   Link #1471
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Spoiler for episode 15:
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 08:27   Link #1472
justpassingby

So Miuna is the Guardian of smiles?
For someone who is named as Beautiful Sea, I hope she can swim with the others soon.
Old 2014-01-16, 08:31   Link #1473
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
So Miuna is the Guardian of smiles?
For someone who is named as Beautiful Sea, I hope she can swim with the others soon.
Judging by the amount of screentime she is getting this past episodes. She might be the one who will save Manaka out of that sea. Of course knowing Okada, it will not go smoothly.

Miuna: I want to protect that smile...
Best line for the season so far.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 08:31   Link #1474
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 09:46   Link #1475
kira22

at the end of the 15th episode Tsumugu Chisaki what he says at the door?
Old 2014-01-16, 09:56   Link #1476
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
Yep, so 14 and 19, they can't be together, it's illegal.
Says who? In what country?

Also Miuna and Hikari are the same age.
Old 2014-01-16, 10:07   Link #1477
romcom89

Vote for Hikari x Miuna
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 10:16   Link #1478
kira22

hikari and Chisaki are too strange as hypothetical couple, if it turns out like this, not 100% sure, the character of Tsumugu what you got to do in this anime?
tumugu what he said at the end of the episode in Chisaki??
Old 2014-01-16, 11:08   Link #1479
blottyparchment

Spoiler for Episode 15:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira22 View Post
hikari and Chisaki are too strange as hypothetical couple, if it turns out like this, not 100% sure, the character of Tsumugu what you got to do in this anime?
tumugu what he said at the end of the episode in Chisaki??
Tsumugu, perceptive as usual, said, "You met with Hikari?"
Then Chisaki wondered how he knew.

It was probably because of her guilty expression ( at least to me) but it could also be because she smelled of the sea, might be Hikari's smell clinging to her.

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2014-01-16 at 19:06.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 11:14   Link #1480
kira22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for Episode 15:
at the end of the 15th episode Tsumugu Chisaki what he says at the door?

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen