Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-14, 18:28   Link #21
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, note that this has NOT been confirmed yet, but apparently the name of the guy who knocked out everyone in block D might be something like Rommel Kamaitachi. Again, it's best to take that info with a grain of salt at the moment, but if true, it's indeed interesting that a new power player has arrived (though the comment about him being 2 times stronger than Cavendish sounds kinda odd)....
ya it is odd considering we have not see cavendish do much yet
Old 2014-01-14, 19:42   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm very curious about the mysterious person who took everybody down, and no, I don't think it's that Meadows everybody is obsessed with.

Not trying to convince you otherwise, but do you not find it rather suspicious that Meadows wasn't shown at all during the D-block battle? Now, I don't support all those harebrained theories about him being Kaidou/Garp/Sabo's clone/etc., but I doubt Oda would leave him out without good reason, especially when all of the other named fighters were clearly shown duking it out.....
Old 2014-01-14, 20:45   Link #23
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Not trying to convince you otherwise, but do you not find it rather suspicious that Meadows wasn't shown at all during the D-block battle? Now, I don't support all those harebrained theories about him being Kaidou/Garp/Sabo's clone/etc., but I doubt Oda would leave him out without good reason, especially when all of the other named fighters were clearly shown duking it out.....
ok call me stupid because i must be missing something but was not meadows in the c block with luffy. and did he not loose and end up down below with everyone else?

i pay pretty close attention most of the time but like all miss a thing or 2 so whay is everyone so big on the meadows guy i do not remember him doing anything special?
Old 2014-01-14, 23:44   Link #24
golgo13

Is it just me or is the spoiler not clear that Rebecca actually won block D? It looks like she stood up, maybe "Rommel Kamaitachi" is still there..
Old 2014-01-15, 01:50   Link #25
marvelB

Well, Aohige's summary of the raw clears up everything: The "Kamaitachi of Rommel" is none other than..... Cavendish! Or to be more specific, Cavendish's split personality! And his "evil" side is twice as strong as his regular self, which explains that confusing line from earlier....

Also, Violet is confirmed to be the palace guide! But again, I highly doubt things will go her way since Dofla's gang are well aware of her being a traitor.....
Old 2014-01-15, 02:26   Link #26
danielevo

Quote:
Well, Aohige's summary of the raw clears up everything: The "Kamaitachi of Rommel" is none other than..... Cavendish! Or to be more specific, Cavendish's split personality! And his "evil" side is twice as strong as his regular self, which explains that confusing line from earlier....

Also, Violet is confirmed to be the palace guide! But again, I highly doubt things will go her way since Dofla's gang are well aware of her being a traitor.....
if it was cavendish who did that,, is he still conscious after do that ability ?? and will fight rebbeca ? or he pretend to be unconscious because he have a pity for rebecca so he help her win D block ? but i dont think he will do that because he want to fight luffy,, so what i mean is, i dont see any possibility that Kamaitachi of Rommel is Cavendish..
Old 2014-01-15, 02:59   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
if it was cavendish who did that,, is he still conscious after do that ability ?? and will fight rebbeca ?

No, Cavendish literally falls asleep as soon as his other personality kicks in. Right afterwards he pretty much pulls a Kuro and goes on a berserk slashing spree. I just saw the Chinese scans myself, and boy, does he look creepy in that state.....

Anyway, Rebecca managed to narrowly avoid getting beaten by him, which is why she was the only one to stand in the end (Caven himself went back to sleep after his rampage ended, lol).

And BTW, we can forget about the possibility of Meadows being up to something sneaky.... he's clearly shown in the ring this chapter and was one of the unfortunate victims of Cabbage's rampage (sorry, Whitemoon!).
Old 2014-01-15, 06:46   Link #28
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hm, that was interesting. Cavendish has got a hyde to his jeckle in the form of Hakuba, and the only reason Rebecca made it is because she was the only one who was able to see his movements. So she avoided the brunt of the attack and was able to get back up. "Hakuba" looked very creepy indeed.

And it ends with Violet meeting the Luffy group to get them into the palace.

Finals coming up! Will it be an all-out brawl again with the final 4 + diamante, or singles matches working up to Diamante? Either way this should be good, can't wait to see Sabo in action.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:05   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It was too suspicious. I thought it was just a red herring because it was too obvious, and that's usually not how Oda works. Furthermore, this wouldn't have been very logical from a story standpoint. The narrative focused too much on Rebecca and Cavendish to have both of them drop out of the tournament so soon. The winner had to be one of them. Ever since Luffy dropped out, there was no reason to keep Cavendish in the tournament, so that only left Rebecca. That was my reasoning last week. As for why I still didn't think he was the one who took down everybody after reading the spoiler... mostly reason#1 and gut feeling.

I had no clue who the slasher was, the only thing I did know is that his identity would be unexpected... and it was. None of us could have predicted Cavendish had a murderous alternate personality that awakens when he sleeps. I'm happy Rebecca won partly thanks to her skills and not solely due to luck. Maybe this will improve people's opinion of her now (she seems to have a lot of haters...).

Last edited by james0246; 2014-01-15 at 11:11.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:22   Link #30
Slayerx

Chapter is out.
One thing to mention though is that it seems like Doflamingo is indeed getting blindsided by our heroes. He doesn't realize that Luffy has left the coliseum nor does he realize that Ussop, Robin and the dwarves have already found a way into the underground factory... only thing he sees so far, is Franky's lone attack.

Though there is one odd thing... Doflamingo says that Viola/Violet insisted that he break up the strawhat/Law alliance. Not sure what to make of it, but it could just be another bit about how doflamingo is getting played

Last edited by james0246; 2014-01-15 at 11:11.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:43   Link #31
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

According to Doflamingo, Luffy is "from an evil lineage". Maybe the Ds are the successors of the nobility/royalty of the poneglyth creators?
Old 2014-01-15, 10:06   Link #32
ellifeedn
Thinker

I sense a major breakdown coming.
Old 2014-01-15, 10:11   Link #33
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
No, Cavendish literally falls asleep as soon as his other personality kicks in. Right afterwards he pretty much pulls a Kuro and goes on a berserk slashing spree. I just saw the Chinese scans myself, and boy, does he look creepy in that state.....

Anyway, Rebecca managed to narrowly avoid getting beaten by him, which is why she was the only one to stand in the end (Caven himself went back to sleep after his rampage ended, lol).

And BTW, we can forget about the possibility of Meadows being up to something sneaky.... he's clearly shown in the ring this chapter and was one of the unfortunate victims of Cabbage's rampage (sorry, Whitemoon!).
lol why should i be upset . No need to say sorry. Meadows being garp/kaido ( or co) was just one of the three possibilities.

If you dig in my posts you can see i did say another possibility is rebecca having won that ( based on how the panels were going last week).

The point is there are more than one possible scenario/theory/path that are possible.

And it seems Oda has done it again . No one could have guessed what just happened ( imo).

Rebecca was indeed the winner , but not how we imagined it to be lol.

P.S. I found the post for you . http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...21#post4963921 . The Meadows is garp/kaido part just got more attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Sabo is a revolutionary and Sabo is Kaido. Two theories that i have had for a very long time. When every one was saying Sabo was dead, i was in the minority in arguing that Sabo isn't dead. and thus far i am sticking with both theories until proven wrong.

We know Sabo was talking with a revolutionary person on phone but we don't know if Sabo himself is a revolutionary. You can speculate he is, but it isn't confirmed.
Also remember Sabo was unwilling to be part of any one's crew (including both Luffy and ace). He wanted to be free and do what ever he wanted ( same as the other 2 brothers).

Let's not forget i still believe in a possibility that Sabo is working under dragon but i am open to other theories/possibilities as well.

Sabo could be Kaidou and an ally of the revolutionaries. Sabo could be a pirate caption and ally of revolutionary and ... .

Lastly, i want to say this, just because a theory might not ( or might be the case) that doesn't make a theory good or bad theory. This line of thinking is a form of logical fallacy.
----

More about this chapter. I see two likely possibilities of the unknown person,
1) Meadows, who could be that Jack, Kaidou or Kaidou/other yonkou related.
2) Rebecca. Why her? well because the panel with toy soldier seemed to be leading to that.
P.S.S. Yaaa, i agree. Cavendish sleep mode was way too creepy . But i think this just make it more likely for him to join the strawhats.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2014-01-15 at 11:01.
Old 2014-01-15, 11:00   Link #34
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
That's a common theory. But he could also simply be talking about Dragon.

I wonder why they brought King Riku to Doflamingo. I don't see much sense in bringing him there. From a readers perspective it was good, because it gave Doffy a reason to brag about the current events and what he knows/don't know, but what's the in-story reason?
Well there could be a number of reasons... First he may want mess with the king since he's a rather sadistic kind of guy; i mean the king is trying to disrupt his authority, he's not exactly gonna let that go unpunished. Second he might suspect there is something bigger in the works and thus wanted to see if the Riku knew anything. Third he may have gotten suspicious of Viola, what with her allowing Sanji to escape and thus may need to remind her of why she started working for him in the first place(which was to protect her father).
Old 2014-01-15, 11:15   Link #35
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Any chance sleepy cavendish could be zoro's opponent in this arc? Or at least one of his opponents. A sowrdsman able to take down the whole field in a blink of the eye has to be freaking good.
Old 2014-01-15, 12:30   Link #36
Zenex
Banned

Good chapter indeed

Wonder what Sabo has planed? He is clearly very against anyone getting the mera mera fruit so I wonder what will happen between him and luffy. Luffy did say he wants one of his friends to have it so maybe he will give it to Sabo willingly. Cannot wait to see him fight though he seems unimpressed by whats been shown meaning to him it is typical combat.

Cavendish other side is creepy but not a character I think I will like. If he can control the other side for sure but if all he can do is have it come out at random what good is it. Yes it helps him out but its not really his power. Still very interesting.

Law strapped to the heart seat, Seems like dof. still wants him in the crew lol

Can't wait to see luffy vs dof because it seems more and more like it will be a one on one but who knows at this point maybe the crew will all get there at the same time and have a crew fight like vs oz.

I would really like to see at least one more fight like that before it is over where the straw hats fight together using each others moved for massive combo attacks.
Old 2014-01-15, 15:16   Link #37
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Spoiler for Cavendish joining the Strawhats:
No way,Zoro beating the crap out of him would be enough.
Old 2014-01-15, 16:07   Link #38
marvelB

Aye, 'tis wasn't a bad chapter at all! As I said previously, the "Hakuba/White Horse" side of Cavendish was creepy as heck. But hey, at least it's neat to see that OP has its own take on DB's Lunch now!

And silly Dofla, so confident that none of the Straw-Hats will reach him, despite many of them being closer him than he thinks. One thing I will say though is that I'm actually pretty impressed with Sr. Pink so far. Who'd have thought he was capable of using a freaking German Suplex on Franky of all people!?

Oh, and did anyone else find it interesting that the comatose Law was chained to the heart seat in the palace? Looks like Dofla still has some modicum of respect for him if he left him there (as opposed to chaining him to the floor/walls/etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Any chance sleepy cavendish could be zoro's opponent in this arc? Or at least one of his opponents. A sowrdsman able to take down the whole field in a blink of the eye has to be freaking good.

I doubt they'll fight. Besides, if even Rebecca was able to dodge him during his rampage, then it probably wouldn't be any trouble for Zoro to flat-out counter him if he tried to pull that stunt on him, lol.
Old 2014-01-15, 16:20   Link #39
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Going into this chapter I saw Cavendish as an equal to Don Chinjao. If his alter ego is twice as powerful then I'd say he'll atleast give Zoro a good go...hopefully enough of a go to push some new techniques out of him
Old 2014-01-15, 16:21   Link #40
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea, if Rebecca can dodge him, Zoro would wreck him easily.
Closed Thread