AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-19, 22:49   Link #2021
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
But what if it already existed before and he just named it like that? Then created Academy City to have access to it via AIM?

By the way, when did Aleister said he created it? I may have missed it.

But regardless, I think the main point in creating AC is to have access to the Imaginary Number District. I don't think of it as he actually created it, but more of like he created a 'portal' to access it which in this case is the AC.

That so called 'pure world of science' is akin to ultimate enlightenment (science is a symbol for knowledge and learning) which is the main goal of Thelema.

Add to the fact that Aleister is trying to bring the Imaginary Number District to the entire world... (If IND is that 'pure world of science' and Aleister becomes successful in bringing it to the world, the entire world will ascend to the Aeon of Horus, of course he'll have to deal with IB/IT first)
Othinius mentions it as Aleister directly tempering with the New World of Science untouched by religion that lay beneath her filters.

It sounds like he is altering the fundamental reality beneath the filters to create the New World of pure Science. (Thus the name New World)
Old 2014-01-19, 22:50   Link #2022
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_-

Its not IB's true form but what IB's meant to sealed off

-_-

IB is just something inside Touma's right fist.

it can be stolen just or move into another host just like what Fiamma did

but after its been removed then the thing that is meant to be kept inside spill outside.

And that is the unknown invisible thing.

don't mix the two together. they are different.
Fine, you get my point anyway. I was just saying there's more evidence of Greek Gods

Anyway, we don't even know if there was another power as well that might have just been Touma's Willpower...

And about the new world of pure science, that is very interesting... but my question is why it is only science?...
Old 2014-01-19, 23:01   Link #2023
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Fine, you get my point anyway. I was just saying there's more evidence of Greek Gods

Anyway, we don't even know if there was another power as well that might have just been Touma's Willpower...

And about the new world of pure science, that is very interesting... but my question is why it is only science?...
It's not ONLY science. It's a reality where Science was not based on religion. Not ONLY science. Could be that making it purely Science is Aleister's final aim...
Old 2014-01-19, 23:07   Link #2024
tsunade666

Quote:

I'm not familiar with Greek myths or Ambrosia to be specific so I can't comment but if its greek then that's a possible foreshadowing.

As for Touma's willpower? are you serious -_- or joking around >_> because Aleister the NEET in TUBE even go out of his way just to try to kill Fiamma because he see something which he shouldn't. You could say that the thing inside Touma is one of Aleister's greatest secret and core of his plan.

Its a world that science is not based on religion. Which I don't get anyway. But historically speaking. There are miracles mentioned in history where modern age are trying to replicate through science. Maybe its that. The science evolve by not trying to copy the phenomenon but I'm not sure.

If you look at AU verse. Its probably the world where religion doesn't stand a top or its been not the core of the world. Magic still possibly exist but its not based on myths and old lore but a different method all together.
Old 2014-01-20, 01:05   Link #2025
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Greek myths or Ambrosia to be specific so I can't comment but if its greek then that's a possible foreshadowing.

As for Touma's willpower? are you serious -_- or joking around >_> because Aleister the NEET in TUBE even go out of his way just to try to kill Fiamma because he see something which he shouldn't. You could say that the thing inside Touma is one of Aleister's greatest secret and core of his plan.

Its a world that science is not based on religion. Which I don't get anyway. But historically speaking. There are miracles mentioned in history where modern age are trying to replicate through science. Maybe its that. The science evolve by not trying to copy the phenomenon but I'm not sure.

If you look at AU verse. Its probably the world where religion doesn't stand a top or its been not the core of the world. Magic still possibly exist but its not based on myths and old lore but a different method all together.
I was talking about the power of "hope" inside Touma, not the invisible thing. Touma suppresed the IT with an even stronger power, that's what I was referring to, his willpower.

Also, Ambrosia is the nectar of the Greek Gods. It's their favorite food and it's supposed to be eaten only by immortals. It can have many side-effects if someone eats it, but it can possibly make you immortal. It's the foremost symbol of the Greek Gods and their immortality.

Ambrosia is by its very nature Greek mythology, it is the symbol of the Greek gods... I'm surprised you didn't learn that in history class or something, but I guess different countries teach different things... and Greek=western culture...
Old 2014-01-20, 01:19   Link #2026
tsunade666

Quote:
Ambrosia is by its very nature Greek mythology, it is the symbol of the Greek gods... I'm surprised you didn't learn that in history class or something, but I guess different countries teach different things... and Greek=western culture...
I'm from eastern side of the world where Christianity rains supreme. I'm not familiar with any other myths because its not in school curriculum. Aside from christian history. the other thing history thoughts are significant people in the past and our own countries history.

talking about patriotism and religious country -_- that's high school

and college has different sets of curriculum basing on your course and I'm an architect and history classes doesn't cover those things.

So unless I read it out of school work then I won't know it.
Old 2014-01-20, 01:21   Link #2027
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I'm from eastern side of the world where Christianity rains supreme. I'm not familiar with any other myths because its not in school curriculum. Aside from christian history. the other thing history thoughts are significant people in the past and our own countries history.

talking about patriotism and religious country -_- that's high school

and college has different sets of curriculum basing on your course and I'm an architect and history classes doesn't cover those things.

So unless I read it out of school work then I won't know it.
Ok. I learned it when studying about Greek Classics in English class So yes, Ambrosia is a symbol for Greek mythology. Forgetting, that some people don't live in the Western Hemisphere (which is probably a lot of people on this forum), I'll just point out that Ambrosia is definitely a reference to the Greek gods. So I'll keep that in mind for later.
Old 2014-01-20, 14:53   Link #2028
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Anyway, we don't even know if there was another power as well that might have just been Touma's Willpower....
The text itself says it was a different power that could be Touma's real power IB aside.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:54   Link #2029
BW95
Banned

Quote:

Maybe because it lacks faith or higher powers. Actually, it's very fitting for the Aeon of Horus, which focuses on transcendence of humans. One could say that science, which is purely human knowledge, is our equivalent of divine doctrine.
Old 2014-01-21, 01:40   Link #2030
WiliamZ0

Quote:
I was talking about the power of "hope" inside Touma, not the invisible thing. Touma suppresed the IT with an even stronger power, that's what I was referring to, his willpower.

Also, Ambrosia is the nectar of the Greek Gods. It's their favorite food and it's supposed to be eaten only by immortals. It can have many side-effects if someone eats it, but it can possibly make you immortal. It's the foremost symbol of the Greek Gods and their immortality.

Added with Kamachi who also interested in Greek, we might see Greek God in future. Hindu is quite OP ... if you remembered road to Edyimon XD

Speaking of which, I not quite familiar with Greek myth
Old 2014-01-21, 14:43   Link #2031
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Added with Kamachi who also interested in Greek, we might see Greek God in future. Hindu is quite OP ... if you remembered road to Edyimon XD

Speaking of which, I not quite familiar with Greek myth
Well now that Othinus talks about Mount Olympus (which is the home of the Greek Gods for those who don't know) in NT 9 as well, it seems fairly obvious we'll be seeing Greek Myths at some point. She even mentions Greek/Roman myths and other types of myths.

So because of all that information, I feel pretty confident that we'll see some Greek Mythology. It doesn't hurt that Kamachi really likes Greek myths apparently
Old 2014-01-21, 16:35   Link #2032
zaeraal

Don't you have the feeling Touma will become too powerfull after NT9?

He is already quite hack, nearly unbeatable with all his abilities and skills and now add all this new experences he gained...
I mean other characters could not even barely match his feasts the way he was before NT9.
Even js06 mentioned in the first spoilers weeks ago that it looks like NT10 is going to be a "boss character rush"
Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
The afterword apparently says the next volume will be a "boss character rush".
If Othinus was the strongest being besides Aleister (Aiwass), then only he remains to challenge Touma.
(And the IB is still not at full power)
Old 2014-01-21, 17:11   Link #2033
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post

He is already quite hack, nearly unbeatable with all his abilities and skills and now add all this new experences he gained...
I mean other characters could not even barely match his feasts the way he was before NT9.
Even js06 mentioned in the first spoilers weeks ago that it looks like NT10 is going to be a "boss character rush"

If Othinus was the strongest being besides Aleister (Aiwass), then only he remains to challenge Touma.
I'm not trying to underrate the value of combat experience, but is that really going to help him much considering he still only possesses average levels of strength and IB, which hasn't grown stronger at all?
Old 2014-01-21, 17:47   Link #2034
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

strength doesn't matter(much) when you have skill and experience
his reaction time could be insane, so could his wits

but at a certain point, no experience can compare to strength
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-01-21, 17:47   Link #2035
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I'm not trying to underrate the value of combat experience, but is that really going to help him much considering he still only possesses average levels of strength and IB, which hasn't grown stronger at all?
His entire level of strength depends solely on combat experience thanks to the IB.
IB is like the ultimate "win win tool" if you know where and when to strike.
And to know that all you need is the combat experience.

All his growth so far in the novels was thanks to the combat experience.
With every attack launched agains him, his ability to predict the next one increased.
With every attack he dodged, he understood a bit more regarding the nature of such attacks.
And once he understood the full nature of his enemy attacks, he won.
(+- preaching every now and then)

With Othinus, he went through thousands of battles, ten thousands of attacks..
That's like if another 1000 novels, with only Touma, took place between NT8-NT10.
My point is that if 30 LNs made him from a preaching wimp to a superhero, what would 1000 do?
(And if it is not too much when compared to other "main characters", if they can be even called "main" at this point)
Old 2014-01-21, 17:52   Link #2036
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Touma's experience maybe useful but all of them were from Othimus and for Othinus.

Quote:
There can be more, afterall it's the magic side.

Quote:
IB won't get any power up, IB will remain the same IB.
Old 2014-01-22, 01:31   Link #2037
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
His entire level of strength depends solely on combat experience thanks to the IB.
IB is like the ultimate "win win tool" if you know where and when to strike.
And to know that all you need is the combat experience.

All his growth so far in the novels was thanks to the combat experience.
With every attack launched agains him, his ability to predict the next one increased.
With every attack he dodged, he understood a bit more regarding the nature of such attacks.
And once he understood the full nature of his enemy attacks, he won.
(+- preaching every now and then)

With Othinus, he went through thousands of battles, ten thousands of attacks..
That's like if another 1000 novels, with only Touma, took place between NT8-NT10.
My point is that if 30 LNs made him from a preaching wimp to a superhero, what would 1000 do?
(And if it is not too much when compared to other "main characters", if they can be even called "main" at this point)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Touma's experience maybe useful but all of them were from Othimus and for Othinus.

There can be more, afterall it's the magic side.

IB won't get any power up, IB will remain the same IB.
Well from the first two parts of chapter 6, it seems that Touma's experience is also about how to survive if the entire world is attacking you ...

But to be honest, I don't see him getting that much stronger. I just see him getting more selfish i.e. having more options in fights, that will help him do more insane things to protect himself that he wouldn't have considered before because he'll be able to do things that aren't 100% perfect sometimes in messy situations. I think that's really what he's gained from this, and that's more important than combat experience.

It's still true that the super combat experience he gained only works on Othinus. He has gotten better in general at taking care of himself, and of exercising a "better" view of morality, but he still has only adapted to Othinus's personality by spending a very long time with her.

There are still a lot of villains who Touma will have lots of trouble with, if they don't hand him battle experience on a silver platter, and if they don't expressly need his IB so they don't keep him alive. That's the biggest difference between Othinus and many other powerful villains that we've seen so far in the To aru series... she's the only person that's wanted to keep Touma alive until he willingly gives up IB...

@Zaarael you shouldn't think of Touma's development like that...

I'm guessing that at this point, other main characters will be getting stronger as well because they're just as important to the plot as him. And it's still true that no matter how much experience he is going to get, he won't be able to escape from Index biting him we've already seen that...

Touma is only one sliver of the coin. Yes, he is involved in 98% of Aleister's plans, but the other characters therefore are also important. There are a lot of other players here besides Aleister... and now it's very possible that groups are going to get smarter and start catching up to Aleister and the others... Groups like Birdway don't just use one Filter, they're slowly starting to surpass where they would have been otherwise if they were just stuck in one. And hearing about things like Mount Olympus, and about the Romans implies that there's a lot more Touma will have to deal with, that still isn't easy to deal with at all.

Just because he beat Othinus doesn't make things easier for him... if he protects her from the entire world, then he has to deal with everything, ever, at once...

I still think that recent events are in mid-slew for escalation on all fronts... and I think that Touma was the first one of our main party "to ascend..." but I still think the other characters (in RPG terms) can become Sages, by getting to level 40 in Mage/cleric classes and going to the class-changing-place... i.e. Touma got a special-cheat power up that let him overcome some of his shortcomings first, the others are going to deal with their own major problems soon enough.

So, based on stuff from NT 9, I'm guessing level 6 might possibly be above Othinus if it's true that science isn't a filter based on religion?...
Old 2014-01-22, 08:49   Link #2038
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Since the Pure World is a more fundamental reality than the filters on it (religions), then yes, Level 6 is a more powerful version of a Majin since the reference point for the power is the Personal Reality of the Level 6 which is free from the limitations of religions (I guess?).

Can you imagine Accelerator's manipulation powers at full potential? He could probably manipulate the internal gears of the Pure World however he wants.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2014-01-22, 09:30   Link #2039
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Can you imagine Accelerator's manipulation powers at full potential? He could probably manipulate the internal gears of the Pure World however he wants.
I always thought about the manipulating of time
Old 2014-01-22, 14:50   Link #2040
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Since the Pure World is a more fundamental reality than the filters on it (religions), then yes, Level 6 is a more powerful version of a Majin since the reference point for the power is the Personal Reality of the Level 6 which is free from the limitations of religions (I guess?).
I wonder who would be the equivalent of Level 6 from magic side .

I wish for that and seeing Aleister's happy face on his perfect world which crumbles down because the antithesis of his dream exists . Illusion broken V.2.0.

Quote:
Only if he goes full Horus.

Btw, only The Almighty(vol.4) can warp space and time like a boss, and I wonder why Othinus just didn't try putting the time back wards
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions