i bet the clown is gonna want to rape tatsumi xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 14:23   Link #3642
Kiltias

Also:

Leone - Killed by Dorothea.
Remember her regeneration?
Now look at Dorothea's ability/Teigu.

However, I don't have an earthly clue who is gonna take out Cosmina, her ability is stupidly powerful.Only way to beat her seems to be by being deaf.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 14:26   Link #3643
Tenzen12

Leone broke major death-flag just recently, when she survived her battle with Esdesse. I doubt there would be another one so quickly afterward.

Rabac dying with or instead Najenda is more likely. He is immune to any normal Death flags, but if it wasn't his own, it's not impossible.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 14:41   Link #3644
Homura7

I may be the only one who is sure the remains of Night Raid will survive till the very last and decisive battle, where their fates will be decided there. Many of them could have died not once but twice and yet they survived: Leone, Mein, Rabac...

Wild Hunt won't kill anyone, they are just the appetizer, and they also look dumb as hell except for Shura.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 14:51   Link #3645
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
I may be the only one who is sure the remains of Night Raid will survive till the very decisive battle, where their fates will be decided there. Many of them could have died not once but twice and yet they survived: Leone, Mein, Rabac...

Wild Hunt won't kill anyone, they are just the appetizer, and they also look dumb as hell except for Shura.
I'm with you. If Esdese can't kill Najenda and Leone last time, it's just too dumb if they get killed by these retard clowns. It should be Bodou or at least Shura himself send a few NR members to heaven in a big battle...

I really can't see those Wild Hunt guys as anything other than silly fodders. On their debut, the Jaegers annihilated a fortress full of armed bandit, but these clown? Just some random powerless civilians who can't even depend themselves. That make it hard to take them seriously.

Last edited by Fwarlord; 2014-02-01 at 15:06.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 15:18   Link #3646
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I'm with you. If Esdese can't kill Najenda and Leone last time, it's just too dumb if they get killed by these retard clowns. It should be Bodou or at least Shura himself send a few NR members to heaven in a big battle...
And also even if some NR members die, we know that if they die they will do it with a smile and no regrets, and their deaths will also have served a big purpose. Which is all the opposite of the Jaegers, who die with regrets. Taking a look:

Schere: dies with a smile, no regrets, remembering the moment and the man that give her a new reason to live, and saving Mein.

Braht: kills his former master, kills another one of the 3 Beasts before, and gives Tatsumi his Teigu which ultimately allows him defeat the last one of them.

Chelsea: kills one of the Jaegers and injures another one, and it's implied the wound will be fatal in the long run.

Susanoo: By stopping the flow of energy he not only saves his master but he even has enough strength left to create a escape route for everybody and in the end dies giving his all.

In contrast, the 3 Jaegers killed died regretting something.

Quote:
I really can't see those Wild Hunt guys as anything other than silly fodders. On their debut, the Jaegers annihilated a fortress full of armed bandit, but these clown? Just some random powerless civilians who can't even depend themselves. That make it hard to take them seriously.
It's like expecting the previous group of 4 to do something serious. And to think Rabac killed two of them... Those clowns are the same, they have deadly Teigu to make them look threatening, but we already know how that ends often.

Now one question. Did Mein lose her Teigu?
Old 2014-02-01, 15:50   Link #3647
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm wondering if the Revolutionaries will send more people to support NR, maybe they found people who can use the Teigu claimed.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 16:47   Link #3648
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I'm wondering if the Revolutionaries will send more people to support NR, maybe they found people who can use the Teigu claimed.
IIRC we were told Susanoo and Chelsea were the last support Night Raid receive.
Quote:
I really can't see those Wild Hunt guys as anything other than silly fodders. On their debut, the Jaegers annihilated a fortress full of armed bandit, but these clown? Just some random powerless civilians who can't even depend themselves.
.....What
Just because Wild Hunt took down some Civilians doesn't equate to them being some fodder.
These guys are under DIRECT command of Shura, the son of the PRIME MINISTER, the very one who causes the horror of the Empire, Shura himself stated he wants to surpass his Father in terms of being rotten.That's what it's about.
These guys are supposed to assist The Jäger, it's to show the difference between them, hence Shura going on how this wouldn't have happened if Esdese would have been there.
The fact that they did this to defenseless Civilians simply portrays their rotten core, they have no honor, they have no morals, they are simply heartless wild beasts.
But that doesn't mean they are "Silly Fodder", it just means we got to see how rotten the ones are behind this are, and to some extend hype for Shura who wants to be bigger scum than his dad.

In short, it's silly to assume they are weak just for pulling such a stunt when it's simply to portray that these guys are Beasts and incorporate the very source of the Empires horror.

Last edited by Kiltias; 2014-02-01 at 17:04.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 17:25   Link #3649
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
And that's why Wave and Kurome joining them to stop their death flags would make sense
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 17:30   Link #3650
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
That was when the army couldn't spare any soldiers. Now that they are invading, it's time to pull out all the stops.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 17:33   Link #3651
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
And that's why Wave and Kurome joining them to stop their death flags would make sense
Actually this is what exactly happens,

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-02-01, 18:13   Link #3652
OverSeer
Inactive Member

as I said before I foresee an alliance between Tatsumi and Wave in the near future. He still owes him one anyway. Will it be a perma ally? or just temp? that I cannot say.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 18:30   Link #3653
Homura7

Why do I have the hunch Mein will be the one to ultimately kill Esdese...
Old 2014-02-01, 18:48   Link #3654
Tenzen12

That would be actualy very interesting
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 19:27   Link #3655
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That would be actualy very interesting
Yeah, you know, Pumpkin was formerly Najenda's Teigu. This has to lead to something.
Old 2014-02-01, 19:33   Link #3656
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Actually this is what exactly happens,

Spoiler for spoiler:

Yeah!
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 23:54   Link #3657
Fwarlord

Quote:
.....What
Just because Wild Hunt took down some Civilians doesn't equate to them being some fodder.
These guys are under DIRECT command of Shura, the son of the PRIME MINISTER, the very one who causes the horror of the Empire, Shura himself stated he wants to surpass his Father in terms of being rotten.That's what it's about.
These guys are supposed to assist The Jäger, it's to show the difference between them, hence Shura going on how this wouldn't have happened if Esdese would have been there.
The fact that they did this to defenseless Civilians simply portrays their rotten core, they have no honor, they have no morals, they are simply heartless wild beasts.
But that doesn't mean they are "Silly Fodder", it just means we got to see how rotten the ones are behind this are, and to some extend hype for Shura who wants to be bigger scum than his dad.

In short, it's silly to assume they are weak just for pulling such a stunt when it's simply to portray that these guys are Beasts and incorporate the very source of the Empires horror.
Don't you remember the 4 demons and the guy with that scythe teigu? They were all introduced as some kind of demi-last boss or trump card. You normally expect someone like that to play a big role in the story and not be killed anytime soon right? But all it took to killed them isn't more than 2 chapters.
I don't see the difference between those guys. They were all rumored to be "very strong" but didn't show any impressive feet. They were all one-side characters who had no dept inside. They represent no ideology or philosophy. The fact the author didn't humanize them makes it safe to assume they won't contribute much to the story nor survive long.
Old 2014-02-02, 00:51   Link #3658
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Don't you remember the 4 demons and the guy with that scythe teigu? They were all introduced as some kind of demi-last boss or trump card. You normally expect someone like that to play a big role in the story and not be killed anytime soon right? But all it took to killed them isn't more than 2 chapters.
I don't see the difference between those guys. They were all rumored to be "very strong" but didn't show any impressive feet. They were all one-side characters who had no dept inside. They represent no ideology or philosophy. The fact the author didn't humanize them makes it safe to assume they won't contribute much to the story nor survive long.
I believe one of the demons survived (as shown near the end of chapter 43); the one that Tatsumi buried (and seems to have developed a interest in him. ).
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 01:01   Link #3659
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
I believe one of the demons survived (as shown near the end of chapter 43); the one that Tatsumi buried (and seems to have developed a interest in him. ).
Well, I forgot about that girl, she looks like a real deal, but we can't say anything much at this point. And the other 3 are just fodders.
Old 2014-02-02, 09:28   Link #3660
Homura7

The masochist girl will join NR at some point, you can bet on it.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!