Eh, anticlimatic
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 21:22   Link #32682
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Eh, anticlimatic
Looking back at the scenes with this unit, it never really moved all that much to begin with(except for the special weapon round). All it did was just stand/float in most of the screen time it gets.
Old 2014-02-03, 21:25   Link #32683
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Looking back at the scenes with this unit, it never really moved all that much to begin with(except for the special weapon round). All it did was just stand/float in most of the screen time it gets.
Qubeley Papillon is the God Mars of Gunpla: Doesn't need to move because it's just too powerful.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 20:02   Link #32684
Skye629

Impulse buy!

HG Sengoku Astray lol

Was really tempted to get the 2 Fenice's my store had, but I remembered that I had some other expenses I needed to cover so I had to settle with one kit T^T

Also two online exclusives, the old 1/144 Sumo, but gold and silver plated

Old 2014-02-05, 13:15   Link #32685
Providenceangle

I thought the DM exia was bad...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:46   Link #32686
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I knew the Strike was popular, but hot damn, its way too popular.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:50   Link #32687
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I knew the Strike was popular, but hot damn, its way too popular.

- Tak
Well, the Strike is a pretty basic gundam design, allowing people to easily use it as a base for their own gundam creation.

Although, this is a modified Build Strike, isn't it? So it makes sense as it is the main gunpla of the current series.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 14:02   Link #32688
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I thought the DM exia was bad...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 14:45   Link #32689
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, the Strike is a pretty basic gundam design, allowing people to easily use it as a base for their own gundam creation.
No no, we know the Strike is pretty much the Panzer IV of all Gundams, but its popularity is somewhat overwhelming

I mean, its a great all purpose design, but hot damn, this thing is still going!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 14:52   Link #32690
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No no, we know the Strike is pretty much the Panzer IV of all Gundams, but its popularity is somewhat overwhelming

I mean, its a great all purpose design, but hot damn, this thing is still going!

- Tak
It's due to Build Fighters. That's the power of shows as advertising machines.
Old 2014-02-05, 15:38   Link #32691
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

The Hi-Nu and Nu are great HG kits. Very little work to make them look great!

I don't have the HG Full Armor but, the HG Unicorn Destroy, which it's based on, is a nice kit.

You're going to have to put in, some serious work, to get the tallgeese 1/144 to look EW movie good. It's a decent kit though.
Old 2014-02-05, 18:25   Link #32692
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post

-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Hi Nu is cheaper because it's smaller, and only 2 of it's funnels can actually come off and open, unlike it's brother the Nu where all 6 funnels are deployable. Still it's a very good model

HG full armor Unicorn, also a good kit, limited poses though, mainly due to all it's weapons getting in the way. Unlike it's MG counterpart, it can actually hold out it's arm while holding it's weapons. Only downside imo is that it doesnt come with the 2x beam javelins.

HG Tallgeese III. Not bad by any means BUT it's age really shows. Simple polycap connections for every joint, which btw will loosen up very fast if you play around with it too much. It'll need quite a paintjob on it to look good. All things considered it's not bad for a 16 year old kit, although you may not want to bother with it unless you're willing to put in alot of effort.

HG Wing... Buy it. Buy it now.
Old 2014-02-05, 20:59   Link #32693
Skye629

Quote:
It's due to Build Fighters. That's the power of shows as advertising machines.
Actually the Strike was going strong even before Build Fighters, its a classic design, especially in Japan

Build Fighters is just milking off that popularity so Bandai have more excuses to make variations xD
Old 2014-02-06, 03:35   Link #32694
monster

Quote:
Actually the Strike was going strong even before Build Fighters, its a classic design, especially in Japan

Build Fighters is just milking off that popularity so Bandai have more excuses to make variations xD
After a quick search, it seems that, aside from the Daggers, there are really only 3 actual variants of the Strike: the Strike Rouge, the Strike Noir, and the Gale Strike. Most of everything else is probably just putting a different pack on one of these 4 mobile suits.

So yeah, the Striker pack system definitely aids in producing variations, and I suppose it kind of fits the theme of modifying gunpla for Build Fighters.
Old 2014-02-06, 08:51   Link #32695
AHT

Quote:
Impulse buy!

HG Sengoku Astray lol

Was really tempted to get the 2 Fenice's my store had, but I remembered that I had some other expenses I needed to cover so I had to settle with one kit T^T

Also two online exclusives, the old 1/144 Sumo, but gold and silver plated

AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 10:22   Link #32696
Providenceangle

Quote:
After a quick search, it seems that, aside from the Daggers, there are really only 3 actual variants of the Strike: the Strike Rouge, the Strike Noir, and the Gale Strike. Most of everything else is probably just putting a different pack on one of these 4 mobile suits.

So yeah, the Striker pack system definitely aids in producing variations, and I suppose it kind of fits the theme of modifying gunpla for Build Fighters.
The difference with build fighters, is that it's someone's idea to sell kits, without making ones that could fail(AGE), or would cost a lot to develop.

We've gotten more kits from old shows, in the last 4 years, then I could have ever predicted...

I hope bandai goes over it's other seed HG kits. It'd be nice to get a new ageis, blitz, buster, duel. At the very least. Maybe some more MG bad guy seed kits. Gaia, I'm looking at you!

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2014-02-06 at 17:01.
Old 2014-02-06, 10:41   Link #32697
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

On another topic, I hope I’m not the only one who wants the new HGCE line to continue and not stop after Strike & Rouge. Those Gundams and other suits who likely will never get made into 1/100, RG, and MG (for whatever reason) like the Trio Gundams, Providence, CGUE, DiNN, etc really need the upgrade in HG tech. I myself can’t wait to get a proper Forbidden with the right proportion and proper scythe & cloak, not the deformed version that is the old HG. Not to mention the long-overdue Blast Impulse .
Old 2014-02-06, 20:08   Link #32698
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> HGCE GuAIZ never
Old 2014-02-07, 02:51   Link #32699
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
> HGCE GuAIZ never
I still await a 1/144 hg or 1/100 Slash Zaku phantom (blue) and a windam.

They gave us 2 new mdoels with the seed re-edit, why not with destiny???
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 17:25   Link #32700
Skye629

Booooo clear parts, I preferred the normal solid colors, they stand out much better for the Banshee

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy