AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-09, 18:12   Link #641
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
So Nobunaga literally keeps going out of his way to be as much of an asshole as possible, but it's everyone else fault that they can't see how great he is? I call bullshit.
^Yep, exactly, and I agree with the rest, too.

I'm not dropping the show (ha, no way I'd do that, it's too much fun) but Nobunaga is definitely the weakest link so far, and I'm not sure if it's deliberate on the writers' part, or just the character not working the way he's supposed to. I'd like to think it's the former - the fact that Jeanne herself is all "okay he's a colossal douchebag, I'm getting out of here" is sort of an evidence that he is indeed supposed to come across as a douchebag, but then the others are all "no, he's just ~misunderstood!~" and I don't see how.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 18:15   Link #642
Pong

I don't even have problem with what happened, but rather with the way the whole affair is framed.

It should be less "Nobunaga is the best thing since sliced bread and if you can't see it you are just small-minded fool." and more "Nobunaga has potential to be awesome, but seriously needs someone to beat some sense into him and keep him in line."

That would at least justify Jeanne presence in the story, because up till now she mostly there to hear about how she can't fathom Nobunaga's awesomeness.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 18:22   Link #643
kuromitsu

Quote:
I don't even have problem with what happened, but rather with the way the whole affair is framed.

It should be less "Nobunaga is the best thing since sliced bread and if you can't see it you are just small-minded fool." and more "Nobunaga has potential to be awesome, but seriously needs someone to beat some sense into him and keep him in line."
Yes, that's what I thought would happen, and I still keep waiting for it to happen, for someone to finally kick his ass or just make him learn a lesson one way or another, but it's not happening. :/ (Maybe next episode... maybe......) And I wouldn't even mind it that much if he was actually awesome and charismatic, but he isn't. (And his voice doesn't help.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 18:27   Link #644
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Noooooo!! Why did they have to kill off Himiko so soon?!

I was bored for most of the episode, but the ending more than made up for this. I didn't think Mitsuhide would actually go through with killing Nobukatsu. This is the beginning of the end for him. You know, if they didn't keep telling us Nobunaga is the savior king and the greatest person of all time (he's just misunderstood!), I would have said Mitsuhide made the greatest mistake of his life. I fail to see how Nobunaga is more qualified to lead at the moment, other than him having an awesome mech.
Old 2014-02-09, 18:31   Link #645
AntonKutovoi

Yeah, so far Nobunaga isn't working for me here. And that comes from Nobunaga's fan. He is shown to be ALWAYS in the right, while all who disagrees with him are all ignorant. Too much black and white. I liked funerals scene in Sengoku Musou series ("The time for a new era has come...") and in Geten no Hana (he despised Nobuhide for his inability to act and Nobu's actions at funerals heavily traumatized Nobuyuki).

And yes, this Nobunaga heavily lacks charisma. Compared to the last season's Nobunaga from Kanetsugu to Keiji or even to this season's Nobu from Nobunagun, this Nobunaga is completely unimpressive.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 19:49   Link #646
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Noooooo!! Why did they have to kill off Himiko so soon?!

I was bored for most of the episode, but the ending more than made up for this. I didn't think Mitsuhide would actually go through with killing Nobukatsu. This is the beginning of the end for him. You know, if they didn't keep telling us Nobunaga is the savior king and the greatest person of all time (he's just misunderstood!), I would have said Mitsuhide made the greatest mistake of his life. I fail to see how Nobunaga is more qualified to lead at the moment, other than him having an awesome mech.
Even if Nobunaga is the greatest thing since sliced bread, you still shouldn't kill his brother. That's just taking a bit too far imo. Nobunaga is just not going to appreciate it when he finds out.
Old 2014-02-09, 21:07   Link #647
Darthtabby

While I'm also wondering what the heck is supposed to be so great about Nobunaga, I thought this was a fairly strong episode. My confidence in this show had waned after the first two episodes and this one helped restore some of it.

Given what they've been doing with some of the other characters hopefully the writer(s) will manage to develop Nobunaga into a better character.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 21:29   Link #648
Tenzen12

I never realy cared for Nobunaga, actualy with exception of Himeko everyone is pretty boring bunch.

...I guess now that she is gone, there is no reason continue with this show. Enjoy.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 21:37   Link #649
zztop

So next week's ep is delayed for the Winter Olympics?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 22:00   Link #650
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

This show's Nobunaga doesn't even try to be smart. What exactly could have possibly achieve by alienating everyone in the clan?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 22:04   Link #651
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
^Yep, exactly, and I agree with the rest, too.

I'm not dropping the show (ha, no way I'd do that, it's too much fun) but Nobunaga is definitely the weakest link so far, and I'm not sure if it's deliberate on the writers' part, or just the character not working the way he's supposed to. I'd like to think it's the former - the fact that Jeanne herself is all "okay he's a colossal douchebag, I'm getting out of here" is sort of an evidence that he is indeed supposed to come across as a douchebag, but then the others are all "no, he's just ~misunderstood!~" and I don't see how.
Quote:

That would at least justify Jeanne presence in the story, because up till now she mostly there to hear about how she can't fathom Nobunaga's awesomeness.
No, I agree with Nobunaga. You're all missing the point. Ever seen Silver-Spoon? The point is that first appearances don't mean much. If you don't deeper into what is actually going on, then you're just going to be like most people and miss something amazing.

That's a common/important theme that a lot of good shows emphasize. If you don't agree with that, then fine just be another person who doesn't like something if it's boring for 10 seconds.

Anyway this was a great episode and the ending was pretty dark. I felt really bad, but really liked what happened.

Anyway, the point with Nobunaga the fool is that he does what he does for important reasons that clearly haven't been revealed yet. He obviously does what he does for a reason because he's human. The animators didn't show that yet, and therefore we had some time to speculate about what's going on.

If you really think that there is no special reason for why he does why he does, why the hell would he be called the savior king and the show made about him? Obviously there is a good reason. If you're going to ignore these facts and look at the material from the first few episodes to criticize the whole show, then go ahead and drop it and be done with it!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 23:07   Link #652
kirasama

Quote:
Okay this is stupid.

So Nobunaga literally keeps going out of his way to be as much of an asshole as possible, but it's everyone else fault that they can't see how great he is? I call bullshit.

And it's not like we, the audience seen any proof of greatness from him yet. Up till now he was just lucky.

I'm with Jeanne on this one. If this guy is the Savior King, they should fill a complaint and ask for replacement.

Every bad thing in this episode wouldn't have happened if Nobunaga didn't do his best to antagonize everyone.

I'm not dropping this yet, but I'm pretty close.

let me say something here :
I think he was trying to avoid a "civil war" in his clan. if he disputes the crown with his brother his clan would collapses from the inside.

doing what he did he could make his brother the new leader and avoid it.

for me, a smart move.
kirasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 23:27   Link #653
Wandering Soul

I really didn't expect Nobunga's brother to be killed and I really hope this isn't the end of himiko. Also I agree that it is time Nobunga starts to live up to the hype because just about every single main character is talking about how great he is but so far he hasn't done anything to show he really deserves all that praise. He acts like somewhat of a jerk to everyone but they are at fault for seeing how great he is? Just no, he has to start showing he deserves all that praise.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:57   Link #654
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

BEST CHARA IN THE SERIES DEAD?! BYE BYE.

Nobu is a Gary Stu.
Old 2014-02-10, 00:46   Link #655
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

2 character deaths in 1 episode? Are they pulling an Urobuchi here?
Old 2014-02-10, 01:20   Link #656
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
This show's Nobunaga doesn't even try to be smart. What exactly could have possibly achieve by alienating everyone in the clan?
Some of Nobunaga’s actions this ep are the exact same as his real-life counterpart’s actions, who also threw incense at his late father’s altar while dressed inapproproately.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobuhide

Refer to the Succession Controversy part of the above link.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 02:03   Link #657
Death Usagi
Banned

Are you freaking serious...

Why two important characters die this fast?!!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 03:52   Link #658
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Some of Nobunaga’s actions this ep are the exact same as his real-life counterpart’s actions, who also threw incense at his late father’s altar while dressed inapproproately.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobuhide

Refer to the Succession Controversy part of the above link.
And in hindsight, the action was way more damaging than it was beneficial.

I highly doubt Himiko actually died.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 04:13   Link #659
Thess

This episode was very well done for the dramatic deaths, Jeanne/Ranmaru, Mitsuhide, clan split, the historical reference, etc.

I am also not feeling Nobunaga in general... I am annoyed the fact they try to sell as misunderstood and guilt trip Jeanne for not seeing his ~awesome~ potential after knowing him for like a few days top. I don't believe Himiko's dead, but Nobukatsu sadly is.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 04:26   Link #660
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishonen, mecha