AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 08:35   Link #21
DaFool
Resident devil

All anime. They all are satanic mediums that teach impressionable youth the art of witchcraft, spellcasting, emotional instability, and extreme violence. I have given up all hopes of going to heaven since my addiction, it's all hell-ward from here on.

Quote:
What have you watched that left you feeling hollow and empty afterwards?
Oh...meaning that...
None. Since animation is not a realism-based medium, my mind can process it independently. I've felt hollow and empty after processing some live-action movies (most recently is Spielberg's Munich), but never with animation.

I've been brain-f*cked by tons of anime, but I never felt angry or hollow afterwards, just a big daze.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 09:38   Link #22
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
All anime. They all are satanic mediums that teach impressionable youth the art of witchcraft, spellcasting, emotional instability, and extreme violence. I have given up all hopes of going to heaven since my addiction, it's all hell-ward from here on.
Awesome post...
I dito that.

== Topic ==
There is always a some kind of little emptiness when something is ending, especially when it is something you like (and I assume everyone has the brains to watch only those anime he/she likes).
But nothing spectecular that made me stop eating or becoming melodramatic, depressive or what ever.
I mean, I do have my "after thoughts" of each anime I watch, but that's about it.

BTW, funny to see all those sad Shin fans of GSD.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 13:15   Link #23
Khaos

Queen Millennia...one of my first animes. It ran in tv when I was 9 or 10 and it was hard at that age.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 14:46   Link #24
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Witch hunter robin. I was watching it on Ytv, and I started watching it from the 7th episode, so they showed a new episode every wednesday, and I never did keep track on what episode I was on. Then came the last episode, everything was normal to me till I saw the very ending, and then I was like wtf, that is the ending. The ending to me was very empty. It was not even an ending to me, and got me by surprise since I never kept track on what episode I was on.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 15:00   Link #25
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
Eva. Superb anime, but the last two episodes sucked. Badly. Very, very baaaadly. Fortunatelly, End of Eva corrected this "little" mistake, and Eva got the ending it deserved. I just try to pretend the original ending does not exist at all
That's quite the feat since both are as opposite sides of the same coin.
Spoiler:

Personally, I don't think there is much that has damaged my soul (those who know me might argue that there isn't one to be damaged =P) as far as anime is concerned however there are a few that left a mark. Series like Evangelion that actually made me think and look deeper into the series figure out what was happening beyond the obvious (in this case, realizing the series wasn't actually about giant [bio]-robots battling to save the world). Psychological movies like Perfect Blue which left me with a rather detached feeling of reality afterwards as I followed it by questioning my reality. Basically, any series that has made me seriously stop and think afterwards I'd say has left a positive influence on me.

As for the one series that I'd say has damaged me... Ebichu! Honestly, that series has burned itself into my brain to the point that I have a hard time looking at, let alone thinking about, hampsters without being subconsciously reminded of series. >.< However, if your looking for series that leave one feeling hollow or empty (aka. depressed), series like Saikano, Grave of the Fireflies and Millenium Actress work wonders.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 15:10   Link #26
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Serious Eva spoiler indeed and a question to Mr_Paper:
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:00   Link #27
Calca
Expressionless

Kanon: Before I realized what kind of animes come from animes based on Key games. I couldn't believe some of the stuff that was happening. Fortunately for AIR I prepared myself mentally and hardened my heart so I really didn't feel much.

Metropolis: I got really attached to Tima, which is why the end really depressed me.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:15   Link #28
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I don't believe we have souls, so no show has "damaged" me that greatly. Many (too many to list) shows have made me sad or left me alone to think in the vastness of my large house, but as with dreams, entropy is my pilot.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:20   Link #29
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. My first translation project ever... will my regrets from it ever end?
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:26   Link #30
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny. I wouldn't say they've damaged my soul, but they've shown me the awful depths to which a show can drop in terms of artistic merit and entertainment value and just plain making me hate it while continuing to watch it.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:31   Link #31
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
Spoiler for Serious Eva spoiler indeed and a question to Mr_Paper:
Spoiler:
Simply put... Yes, that's what I meant. ^^;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:35   Link #32
I'm Oppressed
Why Does Everyone Hate Me

Harlock Saga OAV, due to intense awfulness. I can barely remember the experience.
Old 2006-03-15, 16:46   Link #33
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Spoiler:
Simply put... Yes, that's what I meant. ^^;
Wow....this is a really interesting interpretation of Eva. I've read many (most of them are opposite what you're saying though :P), but this is the first one that puts things together like this. I should re-watch ep25-26 and end of eva. At least three times.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 16:49   Link #34
Dreamgazer_X
Drago's Twin

Send a message via AIM to Dreamgazer_X Send a message via MSN to Dreamgazer_X
While I've seen through my share of crappy anime, none of them are really soul damaging in anyway.

If you insist me to name one though, I would have to say Shuffle.
The abundance of fanservice but lack of real H tortures and tease my adolescent soul!!!

btw.
GSD isn't soul damaging. It was the best comedy series of 2005!
Dreamgazer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:37   Link #35
monster

Watching KGNE and Berserk at the same time left me a wreck. Thank goodness GSD and talking about it in Animesuki forum raised me from a state of despair.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:40   Link #36
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Oi, not another one ~_~
Old 2006-03-15, 19:54   Link #37
monster

What's that supposed to mean?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 20:11   Link #38
Ukitake13
Inactive Member

Now and then, here and there: that was sad I swore off depressing/sad anime. I did see KGNE, but it didn't bother me as much, very overrated IMO. FMA was good, but watch Shambalia Movie, and it will put a smile on your face Elfien Lied showed me that karma applies to even children...hehe you know what I'm talking about The Elfien Lied episode dealing with the homeless girl was sad and disturbing, too.
Ukitake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 00:22   Link #39
Roughy
-?-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
I had to punch myself through 2 harem anime's to get elven lied out of my head :P
ditto

was all depressed for a couple of weeks after finishing it....
Roughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 00:45   Link #40
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

I don't mean to be rude, but the topic is anime that 'damaged your soul', meaning, I'd assume, being so bad it's hard to get over the suck, not 'Shows that made me emo and craving Häagen-Dazs".

If I'm wrong, someone please tell me... >.>