2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-25, 00:35   Link #101
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
It was presented very differently. Alia completely shut down while under the Embody System effects, while every person that got overwhelmed by the ZERO System actually remained conscious until they finally passed out (which would forcibly shut down the system) or they willingly stopped.

The closest thing to Alia's was Quatre's rampage and even then he was awake and engaged throughout the whole thing.
Being similar & being a clone are two different things. Embody isn't supposed to be the same as the ZERO system, but rather, something like it. That's the difference.

So arguing about this is kinda pointless. I'm not denying what you're saying, I'm simply saying that this & that are indeed different things, but one is based on (or borrows elements from) the other.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:36   Link #102
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Maybe they have disposable printed phone?

Have been wondering in the Vietnamese Gundam forums. The masses reaction is really positive, and I even read some interesting hypothesis like this:

"The VR simulation is directly connects to the particles, we know that. But could there be the possibility of a Gunpla uses too little runner parts, instead choose from other figures and toys, thus disrupting the simulation process?"
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 02:51   Link #103
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Well, there goes my thought that Team Nemesis is an evil organization.

That just leaves PPSE.

Some of the comments here are just downright strange and creepy.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 03:25   Link #104
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Well, there goes my thought that Team Nemesis is an evil organization.

That just leaves PPSE.

Some of the comments here are just downright strange and creepy.
Seems like PPSE isn't evil either.

The chairman appears to be the closest thing to "evil" there is, and I wouldn't call him evil per se. He's a real prick, but he's not exactly a hatemongering murderous prick.

Edit: Incidentally, do you guys think that Sei and Reiji will be on time for their fight against Aila? Seems like they've missed nearly every previous duel Aila fought in.
Old 2014-02-25, 04:19   Link #105
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Old Man Nemesis >>>> old Man PPSE

At least old man PPSE haven't resorted to physical or mental harm at this point
Old 2014-02-25, 04:48   Link #106
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

When will we have Sei vs. Reiji?

Buddies sometime try to kill each other in Gundam, you know?
Old 2014-02-25, 04:51   Link #107
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post

Unfortunately this series setting does not allow for anything of the sort other than friendly mock battles
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 05:45   Link #108
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Aww! Not to the level of killing! Just merciless battling.
Old 2014-02-25, 05:54   Link #109
hamazura
whatever

Quote:

later, when reiji become king of gunpla fighters, sei must collect 7 millenium gunpla, put it in the tombstone and fight reiji so he could return into his world
Old 2014-02-25, 06:00   Link #110
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Fireminer, bad boy, go back to Muvluv thread if you want senseless grimdark

seriously though, there's little to no room on internal conflict in this series, mostly because most people in series are stable, functional human being, with bare exceptions like everyone in Nemesis and PSSE, except Allan. And until this episode, even Aila managed to cope with the crazy.
Old 2014-02-25, 08:42   Link #111
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Reiji will seriously #$%k up whatever Sei can built. Sei's a good Gunpla builder, but that's it.Your mech's next to useless no matter how good it's stats are if you are an incompetent pilot. In the first episode,Sei can't even control his mech properly despite having years of experience IIRC.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 10:00   Link #112
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

They should have just made Felini press the self-destruction, and find out that the whole mechanism does not work just like in Death-scythe after being hit by the Taurus.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 10:17   Link #113
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That would've humiliated him so bad. Even worse than he would from the mere notion of even attempting to self-destruct.
Old 2014-02-25, 10:31   Link #114
Nitestorm

Is any kind of performance enhancing device (for the pilot) even legal in the tournament? I'd imagine there would be rules against using such things.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 11:06   Link #115
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post
Is any kind of performance enhancing device (for the pilot) even legal in the tournament? I'd imagine there would be rules against using such things.
Considering the context, they should be considered illegal

The system technically enhance Aila herself, so it doesn't tamper with gunpla on it's own, so it's considered cheating in a way using steroid in sport is.
Old 2014-02-25, 13:24   Link #116
Fortress Maximus
Mad about Mecha

The Wing Fenice was mauled
Fortress Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 13:26   Link #117
Fortress Maximus
Mad about Mecha

AGE was aimed at kids? I think the character designs were intentional so we wouldn't expect so many deaths, still failed it seems.
Fortress Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 19:09   Link #118
Frontier

A really thrilling episode of Build Fighters!

Poor Takeshi, still at the store waiting for his wife to come back. He probably doesn't call her because he's still under the impression, possibly correctly, that he's in the dog house after being gone so long .

As soon as I realized what Sei was doing after Nils hypnotized him, I had the biggest smile on my face. That scene, overall, was just hilarious. Of course Sei's earliest memories would be of Gundam, rather than anything important to the plot .

Though it's pretty impressive that Sei's subcounscious has all of Amuro Ray's lines from MSG memorized. I'm starting to think Takeshi only ever let him watch Gundam shows when he was growing up .

Exia Dark Matter's first appearance was quite nice, and it's looking more and more likely that Yuuki/Meijin will be piloting it, which I've had an inkling towards for a while now. PPSE really hyped it up, so here's hoping its fight with the Star Build Strike can be suitably epic .

I thought the fight between Fellini and Aila was really good, and seeing Fellini managing to be the first to wound the Qubeley Papillon was awesome. Though in fairness to Aila, she definitely wasn't on her game during the fight, not wanting to fight Reiji, and that gave the advantage to Fellini.

Y'know, as cool as it would've been to see Fellini pull of the self-destruct, and I admit my mouth was agape when I realized what he was going for, I have to give props to Kirara for calling him out on it and stopping him. He and the Wing Gundam Fenice have been through so much together, and it would be a disservice to his partner just to sacrifice him in the heat of battle out of pride, rather han keeping him intact to fight another day. Not only does it show how far Kirara has grown since her last appearance, but how much she now genuinely cares about Fellini. You're a lucky man, Ricardo .

Wing Gundam Fenice

I also really have to feel bad for Aila. I thought her handler would just threaten to disown her, and throw her back onto the streets, if she didn't fight back, but what actually happened was far crueler. The Embody system evidently amplifies Aila's skills, that are already top-tier, to crazy levels and also does a number on her mentally and possibly physically. And when you get right down to it, she's being forced to endure this by her employers who are using/pushing her for ridiculous reasons. Really, just poor Aila, and that look on her face when Reiji found out her identity was just heartbreaking .

Looks like we've got the classic Gundam pilot vs. Enemy love interest setup for the next fight, and I'm hoping for the best, both for the characters and the action scenes. Hopefully Reiji can get over his newfound distrust and enemity with Aila and realize that she never intended for any of what happened. And maybe, possibly, look her way a bit more romantically after all this is over, and give her the happy ending she deserves.
Old 2014-02-25, 22:06   Link #119
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I predict Sei/Reiji will win with a RG system punch in the next match...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 23:18   Link #120
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just have to cross our fingers. I'm hoping they really come through with next week's episode. Definitely has all the pieces to really be one of the stronger ones of the series. Only thing against it is that the past few fights for Sei and Reiji haven't been the most impressive. But since they are the main characters kind of need them to carry the show a little when they are given the spotlight .

At least the drama is set up well so if the battle can match up it will probably be a good one. Going to require some good character development for Reiji though. Maybe his biggest leap since he went from someone who really didn't get why people were so invested in gunpla to getting into it himself. Though honestly might take people like Sei and even Fellini to help direct Reiji's anger. More towards the people who are putting Aila through this. Sadly the only people who can really explain Aila's situation is herself and that Flana Institute guy.

On a positive note have to agree that Kirara really has grown nicely through the series. Come a long way from the person who tried to get close to Sei just to sabotage his gunpla, only caring about the result and her own career.