AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-08, 21:37   Link #2861
shalala

Least chapter of Sinbad is out. Looks like we finally see Falan appear. Looks super different. I wonder why Al thamen dress the way they do.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:18   Link #2862
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Least chapter of Sinbad is out. Looks like we finally see Falan appear. Looks super different. I wonder why Al thamen dress the way they do.
She's probably Gyokouen.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:26   Link #2863
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
She's probably Gyokouen.
Falan is probably Gyokouen? What?

All this "She's probably Gyokouen" Is really getting out of hand.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 03:48   Link #2864
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

So we can assume that Al-Thamen has been working in the shadow even before the Dungeons appeared ? And If that the same Falan from old Alma Toran then she sure has changed a lot. I think it's a high chance she will be the first member of Al-Thamen that Sindbad kill.

@CBredbeard: There's no way she's Gyokuen. 14 years ago. Gyokuen is probably pregnant with Hakuryuu and busy plotting the murder of her first husband and 2 sons. Stuff like this is obviously job for other members like Falan.
Old 2014-03-09, 04:28   Link #2865
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
So we can assume that Al-Thamen has been working in the shadow even before the Dungeons appeared ? And If that the same Falan from old Alma Toran then she sure has changed a lot. I think it's a high chance she will be the first member of Al-Thamen that Sindbad kill.

@CBredbeard: There's no way she's Gyokuen. 14 years ago. Gyokuen is probably pregnant with Hakuryuu and busy plotting the murder of her first husband and 2 sons. Stuff like this is obviously job for other members like Falan.
Hakuryuu at this point is 2 years old. His father and brothers won't be killed for another 5 to 7 years. There is only one female member of Al-Tharem from their inner circle and that is Gyokuen.

Al-Tharem members can split up into multiple people. We saw the Banker do it with the weapon merchant. Ithnan also did the same later at Sindria.

We know for a fact that Gyokuen is aware of Sinbad, she along with the other powerful magicians around the world sense his birth. Naturally she'd be very interested in a powerful person, a King's Candidate unlike any other, and the life he leads.

If Fanan is a new character, that's fine, but I really think that Gyokuen is in desperate need of development. So far she's only sat around in Kou flirting with En and Hakuryuu.
Old 2014-03-09, 05:53   Link #2866
anonfr

Quote:
Hakuryuu at this point is 2 years old. His father and brothers won't be killed for another 5 to 7 years. There is only one female member of Al-Tharem from their inner circle and that is Gyokuen.
This is not confirmed, don't display your suppositions as fact. Wait for the source material to explain it.

Falan was the girl standing next to Ithnan in the first flashback chapter, and Falan is the name of the magician cursing Solomon in the new Sinbad no Bokuen chapter. There's ample evidence she'll be confirmed in the coming chapters.

Side Note: Anyone interested, the ending in the anime changed. Now all the metal vessel users are wearing their djinn equip.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-09 at 07:52.
Old 2014-03-09, 10:19   Link #2867
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

@anonfr: to be honest, after what they did to the first season, i don't care about the anime adaptation anymore ( A-1 can go screw themselves for making that stupid alternate ending ). I'm just afraid that sh*tty adaptation may damage the manga' sales.
Old 2014-03-09, 10:22   Link #2868
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
@anonfr: to be honest, after what they did to the first season, i don't care about the anime adaptation anymore ( A-1 can go screw themselves for making that stupid alternate ending ). Actually, i'm afraid that sh*tty adaptation may damage the manga' sales.
I was just saying, it's there if you want to see it. It's kind of neat seeing them all done up in color and what not. You could probably just youtube search it.

Other than that yeahhh this adaptation is way worse than the first one. They're butchering one of the best parts right now!

The cool thing in the last episode, Gyokuen gives a speech and she sounds so believably insane. I played it back 5 times just thinking wow. It's towards the end right before the credits I previously mentioned.

I wouldn't fear too much. The first anime season is actually what lead me to eventually read the entire manga.
Old 2014-03-09, 10:37   Link #2869
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Falan was the girl standing next to Ithnan in the first flashback chapter, and Falan is the name of the magician cursing Solomon in the new Sinbad no Bokuen chapter. There's ample evidence she'll be confirmed in the coming chapters.
I suppose that's true.

Speaking of Falan, I like how Al Tharem basically gets what they want without lying about it. The things she had the others eat were obviously bad news just looking at them, but they had to go along with it because of the assassin troupe is just that rotten. She didn't try to make them look like candy, and while she didn't warn them of the costs, it should be self-evident to anyone with some sense.

It really does seem that Al-Tharem rarely directly interferes in anything. Most of the time their proxies just do their thing and screw over everyone else with minimal encouragement. I wonder why that is?
Old 2014-03-09, 10:43   Link #2870
anonfr

Quote:
I suppose that's true.

Speaking of Falan, I like how Al Tharem basically gets what they want without lying about it. The things she had the others eat were obviously bad news just looking at them, but they had to go along with it because of the assassin troupe is just that rotten. She didn't try to make them look like candy, and while she didn't warn them of the costs, it should be self-evident to anyone with some sense.

It really does seem that Al-Tharem rarely directly interferes in anything. Most of the time their proxies just do their thing and screw over everyone else with minimal encouragement. I wonder why that is?
Yeah, you're right.

To me It's more like they plant seeds and let human nature run it's course.

Or they interfere with the flow and then let spiral.

Like Ithnan with Balbhad. He had a very indirect method of completely ruining and deconstructing the entirety of their economy over the course of years. Then he gave weapons to people to incite a revolution.

He lead them to water but never told them to drink. He just let them do it on their own.

Maybe they can't do much directly due to some kind of system. I mean Gyokuen is fairly powerful and has all of al tharmen at her disposal, why did she have to use such indirect means to get the Kou empire throne? The whole process took how many years?
Old 2014-03-09, 12:25   Link #2871
shalala

Hmmm I wonder if thoses seeds would show up in Magi. Maybe that would kill off both Jafar and Drekon.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 14:22   Link #2872
ChampDream
Alive

I think Drakon and jafar didn't ate the seed or at least Drakon, those seeds look like they could have the same effect as the dark metal vessel after the user is defeat it, high chance they die.
Old 2014-03-09, 14:51   Link #2873
Breimoon

well maybe the djinn itself could have helped.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 18:12   Link #2874
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, you're right.

To me It's more like they plant seeds and let human nature run it's course.

Or they interfere with the flow and then let spiral.

Like Ithnan with Balbhad. He had a very indirect method of completely ruining and deconstructing the entirety of their economy over the course of years. Then he gave weapons to people to incite a revolution.

He lead them to water but never told them to drink. He just let them do it on their own.
It's even more subtle than that. Anyone with any sense would have known what the Banker's solutions would have done to the country. It's just that Abmed didn't even care and it was him that decided to enslave the population all on his own.

Quote:
Maybe they can't do much directly due to some kind of system. I mean Gyokuen is fairly powerful and has all of al tharmen at her disposal, why did she have to use such indirect means to get the Kou empire throne? The whole process took how many years?
I hope it's more that they wish that the world destroys itself, rather than that they're afraid of something.
Old 2014-03-09, 21:52   Link #2875
sonicgx11

Quote:
I was just saying, it's there if you want to see it. It's kind of neat seeing them all done up in color and what not. You could probably just youtube search it.

Other than that yeahhh this adaptation is way worse than the first one. They're butchering one of the best parts right now!

The cool thing in the last episode, Gyokuen gives a speech and she sounds so believably insane. I played it back 5 times just thinking wow. It's towards the end right before the credits I previously mentioned.

I wouldn't fear too much. The first anime season is actually what lead me to eventually read the entire manga.
Im enjoying the anime, the ending is cool.

This season is way better than the first. So far they are being faithful to the manga.
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 21:56   Link #2876
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
Im enjoying the anime, the ending is cool.

This season is way better than the first. So far they are being faithful to the manga.
Really? I noticed a lot of differences in the last 3 episodes alone. Not that they change the story so much, just little details.
Old 2014-03-09, 22:46   Link #2877
CBredbeard
Banned

Manitcore kittens are cute. Although the author could probably make anything cute...
Old 2014-03-09, 23:28   Link #2878
anonfr

Quote:
Manitcore kittens are cute. Although the author could probably make anything cute...
Like the inevitable evil Sheba? cause she is Adorable.

Quote:
I suppose that's true.

Speaking of Falan
Speaking of Falan: She has a mark on her Forehead. Falan in Sinbad no Bokuen and Falan in Magi Chapter 217 have the same mark on their forehead.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-10 at 00:07.
Old 2014-03-10, 01:24   Link #2879
sonicgx11

Quote:
Really? I noticed a lot of differences in the last 3 episodes alone. Not that they change the story so much, just little details.
Maybe I shouldn't have said its faithful, but at least its following the manga's story. last season was a disappointment seeing alibaba go all black djinn form though (wasn't even a challenge)
Maybe thats why Shinobu took good break off the manga to direct the anime staff, so they won't get it wrong.

This weeks chapter was good, Sheba looked cute on that last page, it was very heartwarming.

Im also loving how this flashback is taking place.
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 01:33   Link #2880
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have said its faithful, but at least its following the manga's story. last season was a disappointment seeing alibaba go all black djinn form though (wasn't even a challenge)
Maybe thats why Shinobu took good break off the manga to direct the anime staff, so they won't get it wrong.

This weeks chapter was good, Sheba looked cute on that last page, it was very heartwarming.

Im also loving how this flashback is taking place.
Yeah I get what you're saying. Overall the plots the same, just getting there is slightly different.

I was pretty mad at the changes of the Zagan arc too, but despite that, I still think Alibaba's black Djinn Equip looked pretty badass.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen