AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-03-11, 17:49   Link #1381
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Tricks to 5-3? I got lucky the first two times and got the boss down two times. Now I can't even get past the first node. One cut-in from the enemy and I have to start over.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:52   Link #1382
kivredia

A rather extreme case, but this might help you to decide to retreat instead of pressing on to clear a map.

http://mereck.ha.tsunde.re/?p=194

While I'm someone who thinks you should treat your Shipdaughters with care even though this is just a game, everyone has their own stance on this. Leaving that completely out of the picture, this is supposed to be fun. So if you do something out of impatience/greed/frustration or whatever reason which might spoil that fun for you, maybe you should think about that for a moment.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 17:54   Link #1383
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Tricks to 5-3? I got lucky the first two times and got the boss down two times. Now I can't even get past the first node. One cut-in from the enemy and I have to start over.
When all else fails, subs. This requires a full five-sub team though, so if you don't have that, you're out of luck. You're stuck with a team of 4 fast ships + 2 DDs then.

If you have Jintsu, now would be a good time to grind for her Kai-2 and the all-important Spotlight.
Old 2014-03-11, 17:57   Link #1384
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
When all else fails, subs. This requires a full five-sub team though, so if you don't have that, you're out of luck. You're stuck with a team of 4 fast ships + 2 DDs then.

If you have Jintsu, now would be a good time to grind for her Kai-2 and the all-important Spotlight.
lol great. To get more subs, I'll have to go to 5-4. But to get to 5-4, I need to clear 5-3. And to clear 5-3, I need subs. Hmm

I probably have a level 1 Jintsu. Still worth my while if I start now?
Old 2014-03-11, 18:01   Link #1385
usspaul

Quote:
This is exactly the problem we're talking about. NEVER push when in the red, unless you have numerical superiority, the enemy is mostly heavy damaged (meaning no attacks in night battle) AND you have enough ships to finish off the enemy via double attack.

Anything else is reckless and stupid. Thanks, but I learned my lesson during the Guadalcanal event. Never again.

Also early-career sinkings are inexcusable when you sink freaking standard carriers, some of the hardest-to-craft ships with non-LSC recipes when you're aiming for a specific one.
well its not like I like doing that but I got tired of always having to retreat. plus fubiki was the only one who got hit on that phase all my other ships were all green with hardly if any minor damage. plus I did have a damage control on her when I went to press forward. but like I said I didn't want to but at the same time ive been stuck on that lvl for months
usspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 18:34   Link #1386
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
but like I said I didn't want to but at the same time ive been stuck on that lvl for months
Damage Control works ONCE. In your case, if she sinks in the pre-boss node, she's safe... But you're still going to go into the Boss node with a red ship. Which means she gets hit even once, bye bye Fubuki.

Really, going to battle with a red ship is bad decision-making, especially with the HUGE penalties to hit and damage involved. Not worth the risk, unless like I mentioned, you have an equally large advantage to make up for the chance you're taking.
Old 2014-03-11, 18:46   Link #1387
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Depending on your preference, "Heavy fleet" or "Light fleet"

Spoiler for wall of text for Heavy Fleet:

Spoiler for wall of text for Light Fleet:

Formation wise, I recommend using Encheon on the way to the boss. It seems Encheon for unkown reason has a better chance of grazing enemy attacks and cut-ins. Mystery formation is mystery. Though some also say it increases enemy graze rate as well (due to lower accuracy?) and prefers line ahead. So take your pick.

Level wise, in my experience anything under Lv.60 is kinda pushing it. Even at Lv.65 my ships including the likes of Yukikaze still gets instant red-zoned fairly often, while my Lv.80+ ones were able to graze or at least hang on to orange almost every time. You don't need to go to 80+ though, you can start trying your luck with everyone at least 60.

Searchlight is good, but not 100% required. The enemy cut-in reduction is extremely helpful, but at the same time, its side-effect of being focus fired + dodge penalty on the equipped ship can get a little annoying sometimes.

Last but not least, pay tribute to the RNG shrine.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-11 at 18:56.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 18:54   Link #1388
usspaul

Quote:
Damage Control works ONCE. In your case, if she sinks in the pre-boss node, she's safe... But you're still going to go into the Boss node with a red ship. Which means she gets hit even once, bye bye Fubuki.

Really, going to battle with a red ship is bad decision-making, especially with the HUGE penalties to hit and damage involved. Not worth the risk, unless like I mentioned, you have an equally large advantage to make up for the chance you're taking.
well my ships always survive the first node without getting damaged its just when I get to that node before the boss I get screwed. its always one ship that gets crit in the red and im forced to retreat. So I equipped all my lower lvl dds with a damage control while I keep my higher lvl dds with double attack. and sure enough fubiki got crit on the last hit on that map prior to the boss. so I took a gamble and said well she has that damage control so hopefully she doesn't get hit. and sure enough my 3 higher dds were the enemies target and I was able to get a S class victory and just yellow damage on my 3 high lvl dds

god yamato is a moster to repair over 600 steal to heal her Christ that's insane !
usspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 18:57   Link #1389
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Thanks. Especially the point about the echelon. I was under the impression that night battles don't take formation into account. Guess I'll give this a try.

I think overall the problem is that the ships are still too low level. Only half of them are 80+.

My first two times beating the boss were the first method you listed(though no BB due to ew sub node) because I thought I have a better chance at "everybody beat the crap out of the transport ship during the day".
Old 2014-03-11, 19:04   Link #1390
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Thanks. Especially the point about the echelon. I was under the impression that night battles don't take formation into account. Guess I'll give this a try.

I think overall the problem is that the ships are still too low level. Only half of them are 80+.

My first two times beating the boss were the first method you listed(though no BB due to ew sub node) because I thought I have a better chance at "everybody beat the crap out of the transport ship during the day".
Formation don't affect normal night battles. Night battle node works a little differently. Most notable difference is that submarines don't get their evasion bonus if they engage in a night battle node.

Oh, if you want to avoid the sub node, bring ONLY fast ships, a.k.a no Fusou/Ise/Nagato/Yamato-class.

And make sure to relax your mind, 5-3 is bad for the heart!
Old 2014-03-11, 19:07   Link #1391
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Oh, if you want to avoid the sub node, bring ONLY fast ships, a.k.a no Fusou/Ise/Nagato/Yamato-class.
Oh.. subtle point. I forgot about the Kongou class being labeled as "fast".
Old 2014-03-11, 19:15   Link #1392
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Dev tweet:

Quote:
今週金曜日のホワイトデーアップデートで実装される海外艦の【新艦娘たち】は、全部で【3隻】の予定です。現在潜水艦隊がまだ未整備で今すぐの入手は難しい方も、いずれ邂逅できるようになっていきますので、ぜひお 楽しみに!
3 new foreign ships guys. 3 new foreign ships.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:19   Link #1393
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Can I interpret the second part as the ships being a permanent addition to the game instead of a "lol you got no subs screw you, next!" kinda thing?
Old 2014-03-11, 19:23   Link #1394
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Can I interpret the second part as the ships being a permanent addition to the game instead of a "lol you got no subs screw you, next!" kinda thing?
I hate to admit it but it does sound kinda... provoking?
Old 2014-03-11, 19:26   Link #1395
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
About that, you can just relax. They've never introduced non-permanent ships and promised that they never will. The fog fleet guests don't count because they are licensed characters from a different franchise.
Well yeah, I guess I should have said "stuff that can become temporarily unavailable" like Musashi and a few subs as of now.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:47   Link #1396
kivredia

So I guess one is screwed if you couldn't do the SS quests yet, wonderful.^^
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 02:00   Link #1397
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Apparently naval hardware geekery can come in handy in the weirdest of ways, as some people were able to guess which foreign shipgirl we might be getting just by the gun turret shown in the puzzle art: Kriegsmarine Emden.
Old 2014-03-12, 11:33   Link #1398
WiliamZ0

So ... German eh

I wanna see next is upgrade of
- Hibiki as Декабрист (Dekabrist) If I not wrong she serve as Верный (Verniy) for one year after handed to Russian by Japan before became that. And for a DD to have 4th stage is cool :d

- Samidare newest upgrade (it due how her service record is. It even better than Yuudachi)

EDIT : Finally get my lovely Shigure to level 60 and Kai Ni her. Next one is Verniy. 4-3 is fast grinding area for DD or CL (you can get at least 2K per-sortie for Flagship if you not mess up during 2 sub node, Node J is troublesome sometimes, but good additional EXP; giving additional 1K EXP if you very lucky), at same time using BBV is better here, or leveling CA and other kind of BB

Last edited by WiliamZ0; 2014-03-12 at 12:26.
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 16:30   Link #1399
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Puzzle leak #2

Spoiler:

It's... a boy!

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-12 at 16:54.
Old 2014-03-12, 16:41   Link #1400
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Is it just me or are torpedo cruisers a magnet for getting hit by torpedo bombers? I keep getting my Kitakami aimed during PvPs, and her weak armour gets her hit into red before I'm even doing anything to the opponents! ._.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls