AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-08, 11:56   Link #141
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

When Misaki asked about Fuuka's new "hair treatment" I kinda expected what was up.

In retrospective, a qick glimpse at the chapter's title would've done the same.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 13:31   Link #142
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

heh. didn't really expect that. but nice to see them putting that in the manga regardless. and now we're cliffhangered for next week. WHY IS SHE ATTRACTED TO HIM!? haha. i'm actually pretty happy this is a weekly publication. teases just enough.

also, colored chapter 1 is beautiful.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 09:44   Link #143
KNIM

https://twitter.com/seokouji/status/443136345796378624

https://twitter.com/seokouji/status/443734434513027072

Fuuka ch7 done.

Last edited by KNIM; 2014-03-13 at 17:16.
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 10:00   Link #144
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

haha. that doesn't mean too much unless he releases more than 1 chapter per week

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-03-11, 12:08   Link #145
Shadow5YA

I'm liking Fuuka so far, but the protagonist is insufferable. The whole misunderstanding gag that happens in every chapter between him and Fuuka is also getting old.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 12:13   Link #146
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, we're only 5 chapters in.. its a little too early to judge. plus we might get some plot going now that we know Fuuka is attracted to Yuu.

Old 2014-03-11, 13:39   Link #147
blade82

no cameo (yet) so far?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 15:41   Link #148
Anette

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbaldman View Post
agree the teacher really looks like yuzuki eba, i thought she's teaching on all girls school?
That teacher is not Yuzuki. She looks similiar, but her hair color is different.

This is from the fullcolor version of chapter 1

Anette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 18:30   Link #149
Frontier

And the KNIM finale shows that, around the time "Fuuka" takes place in the timeline, Yuzuki doesn't have her hair in a ponytail or knows who Fuuka is.
Old 2014-03-15, 09:16   Link #150
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Chapter 6 is out, and oh god, it really does seem like we're going to have Fuuka make use of her voice and pursue music. This is the White Album 3 people have been waiting for, obviously!

Gotta say I like that development, because if Tama does end up consolidating herself as a rival, there's a chance they'll be fighting in two different fronts, which is always interesting to see. Plus, it should definitely shake up the Seo formula a bit, or, at the very least. make it not a complete Suzuka rehash as some people were afraid of, lol. Also, next week there'll be two chapters, lol. Seo's on fire!
Old 2014-03-15, 10:19   Link #151
Tranhieu

Seo-sensei at his best? No, definitely not yet. But I really liked chapter 6. There's character development pretty much on every page, and we even got to see Fuuka in a completely different light. Really look forward to the next 2 chapters and the ones after!
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 14:35   Link #152
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Seo-sensei at his best? No, definitely not yet. But I really liked chapter 6. There's character development pretty much on every page, and we even got to see Fuuka in a completely different light. Really look forward to the next 2 chapters and the ones after!
That and we saw her first love or boy. whatever.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 15:09   Link #153
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Chapter 6 is out, and oh god, it really does seem like we're going to have Fuuka make use of her voice and pursue music. This is the White Album 3 people have been waiting for, obviously!

Gotta say I like that development, because if Tama does end up consolidating herself as a rival, there's a chance they'll be fighting in two different fronts, which is always interesting to see. Plus, it should definitely shake up the Seo formula a bit, or, at the very least. make it not a complete Suzuka rehash as some people were afraid of, lol. Also, next week there'll be two chapters, lol. Seo's on fire!
That all depends on how good Seo is at portraying the music industry. He wasn't very good at doing basketball (Cross Over) or track (Suzuka)
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 20:16   Link #154
lightbringer
M9000

Dare I say that I have a good feeling about this after chapter 6? I know it's Seo and KNIM certainly had its share of issues but...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 22:06   Link #155
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I'm still pretty skeptical about the series. It started out pretty standard, nothing special, and still kind of feels that way. Although it might be taking an interesting turn now. I'm glad we're getting hints that its not going to be all about sports only. The last thing we need is a Suzuka rehash.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 23:49   Link #156
KNIM

https://twitter.com/seokouji/status/444966104536858624

https://twitter.com/seokouji/status/445597535185281024

Looks like Koyuki "Tama-chan" Hinashi will appear in chapter 8. Time to mark my bingo card.

Last edited by KNIM; 2014-03-17 at 18:14.
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 23:59   Link #157
Frontier

Huh. Even with Tama-Chan being an idol, I certainly wasn't expecting music/the idol business to potentially become a major element in the manga. It'll be interesting to see how it will factor into the manga, and like Blue-kun I'm interested in seeing how it may effect the potential love rivalry between Fuuka and Tama .

Y'know, I could legitimately see Seo taking cues from White Album 2. It seems like something he'd like after all, what with the drama, though better written than most of what Seo does, a nice-guy male lead who makes bad decisions, and a divisive love triangle .

I'm wary of getting comfortable with Fuuka, what with this being Seo and all, but honestly I'm liking how things are progressing so far, both in terms of characters and relationships.
Old 2014-03-16, 00:52   Link #158
Freeter
beyond

The whole 'Fuuka with wings' image should be just a visual metaphor at first glance, but Seo did make KNIM and Princess Lucia take place in the same universe, so maybe she'll gain superpowers later

Joking aside, if this series is getting as popular as Seo claims, I wouldn't be surprised if an actual CD surfaced at the same time Fuuka releases her debut single. Hopefully he gets a good singer behind it and not the one who did that horrible KNIM op
Old 2014-03-16, 04:07   Link #159
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Well, I did predict that she would get into singing *pat myself on the shoulder*

The wording in this chapter gives me hope that this will be more about actual music and less about the idol crap - No offense to people who like J/Kpop but idols to me aren't real musicians.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 09:38   Link #160
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Well, I did predict that she would get into singing *pat myself on the shoulder*

The wording in this chapter gives me hope that this will be more about actual music and less about the idol crap - No offense to people who like J/Kpop but idols to me aren't real musicians.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy