AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-18, 04:57   Link #11921
BlueDanube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I'd probably be a lot happier with the series if Tatsuya had a kryptonite. Some weakness that he must avoid at all costs. So far his only weakness is his sister and a tactical class little sister is more of a +. If there was some way for batman to fight superman in this series I guess. For instance the idea of cast jamming could be expanded on to say Tatsuya can't heal and can only use physical abilities while under its effect. This would occasionally put Tatsuya in a real pinch against non magicians. Well that's just one path but it's pretty clear that the only reason anyone has ever had a chance against Tatsuya is that he is under the effect of limiters and intentionally holding back in most cases.
There is no need for Krytonite or any limiter. Tatsuya is the best, the smartest, and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't like batman, he's weak. Superman is cool because he's Badass.
Old 2014-03-18, 05:03   Link #11922
GenesiD

What was that image about? I'm so curious...
As for Tatsuya being immortal, I agree the author needs to tone it down a bit and well, it seems that has been the case since Volume 10. Lina and Tomitsuka weren't exactly pushovers. Tatsuya is fine as he is. No need for kryptonite.
Old 2014-03-18, 08:21   Link #11923
BlueDanube

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
What was that image about? I'm so curious...
As for Tatsuya being immortal, I agree the author needs to tone it down a bit and well, it seems that has been the case since Volume 10. Lina and Tomitsuka weren't exactly pushovers. Tatsuya is fine as he is. No need for kryptonite.
Tatsuya himself is a kryptonite to all magicians.
Old 2014-03-18, 08:23   Link #11924
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDanube View Post
Tatsuya himself is a kryptonite to all magicians.
^ miyuki is also a kryptonite of tatsuya especially if she say the magic word
Old 2014-03-18, 09:09   Link #11925
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
RANDOM THOUGHT!!!!

Miyuki doesn't have a monopoly anymore.....

If you are pampz21, please do not look!!!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

P.S. I'll erase this in an hour!!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Looks more like Leo than Tats...

I'd say that's Leo.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:40   Link #11926
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Looks more like Leo than Tats...

I'd say that's Leo.
Dude... I tried hard to avoid saying that so it wouldn't spoil anyone or enrage ErikaXTats shippers. Mostly Pampz. Though I don't know his opinion on LeoXerika.

You ruined it.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:44   Link #11927
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ miyuki is also a kryptonite of tatsuya especially if she say the magic word
It's more like a sentence if you ask me.

"Onii-sama will never lose to anyone no matter what" (not an exact quote, but you know its how she feels)

Meanwhile, Tatsuya's face

As for my previous posts: I'm not fixated on disliking Lina, I just find it hard to pinpoint an exact reason (she's far from the worst tsundere ever, so there's more to it than that) and I do believe she has potential (which is more than I can say about the Saegusa twins right now). I definetly messed up on the comment about Lu, my bad.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:45   Link #11928
pampz21
ShipCore

@Fujin
Cant see it; only looks like a broken link#!

Anyway Tatsuya never had a quote to remember him by;

Its only....
Tatsuya: Miyuki
Miyuki: Oniisama

Sore dake?

Tatsuya:Miyuki

Sore dake?

EDIT: Its certainly Leo....

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-18, 09:47   Link #11929
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

As for my previous posts: I'm not fixated on disliking Lina, I just find it hard to pinpoint an exact reason (she's far from the worst tsundere ever, so there's more to it than that) and I do believe she has potential (which is more than I can say about the Saegusa twins right now) . I definetly messed up on the comment about Lu, my bad.
Maybe it's because Lina comes off as sort of fake? That's how I feel about her. Like, I can't pinpoint a reason, it's just how I felt about her while reading. She has her cute moments in between being a tsundere and trying to kidnap Tatsuya/hinder Tatsuya for the USNA.

But her character seems sort of fake, sort of contrived, sort of try too hard. I got what she was supposed to be and I feel like her character got the points it needed across, but I feel like there's a lot missing from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
@Fujin
Cant see it; only looks like a broken link#!

Anyway Tatsuya never had a quote to remember him by;

Its only....
Tatsuya: Miyuki

Sore dake?

Tatsuya:Miyuki

Sore dake?
Hey Pampz! How do you feel about the Leo x Erika ship?

I really appreciate your lack of good quotes topic.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:49   Link #11930
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Hey Pampz! How do you feel about the Leo x Erika ship?

I really appreciate your lack of good quotes topic.
Nothing Really; Because I already shot that down; It already boiled down to Tatsuya's decision.

EDIT:

For Erika Quote no one can defeat this:
Quote:
The person Erika was looking for stood amid the ruckus.

"Hey—, Tatsuya-kun—"

Next to Erika, who was shouting while waving her arms back and forth, Leo turned his body in another direction. Mikihiko chose to simply move two meters behind Erika to a safe distance. The two of them were probably pretending not to know her.
Spoiler for PIc:

It even have a colored pic

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-18, 09:52   Link #11931
anonfr

Quote:
Nothing Really; Because I already shot that down; It already boiled down to Tatsuya's decision.

EDIT:

Spoiler for PIc:

So resolute! It's like you're the authority and not the author.

How does LeoXerika boil down to Tatsuya's decision? I'm honestly really curious.

Edit* hahaha Erika seems so hopeless. It's like, Tatsuya just won't pay attention too her. He looks like he has no desire to turn around.
Old 2014-03-18, 09:57   Link #11932
fujin of shadows

Quote:

EDIT:

Spoiler for PIc:

You know what's scares me, I've read the novels ten times now and I even had all the images save in a folder in my laptop, and I can't believe I didn;t see that....

YOU ARE OBSESSED MAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2014-03-18, 10:16   Link #11933
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Maybe it's because Lina comes off as sort of fake? That's how I feel about her. Like, I can't pinpoint a reason, it's just how I felt about her while reading. She has her cute moments in between being a tsundere and trying to kidnap Tatsuya/hinder Tatsuya for the USNA.

But her character seems sort of fake, sort of contrived, sort of try too hard. I got what she was supposed to be and I feel like her character got the points it needed across, but I feel like there's a lot missing from her.
Hmmmm. Maybe its less about her and more about the treatment she got and the roles pushed onto her? Like the whole rivalry with Miyuki thing, there was't much point to that. Or try to push the tsundere interest role on her as if it was mandatory to have one of those for the audience. That was also probably the same reason we got a maid robot, except that one was introduced in an interesting and hilarious way.

Whoa, pampz is obssessed? Next you're gonna tell me Tatsuya is strong?
Old 2014-03-18, 10:32   Link #11934
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Hmmmm. Maybe its less about her and more about the treatment she got and the roles pushed onto her? Like the whole rivalry with Miyuki thing, there was't much point to that. Or try to push the tsundere interest role on her as if it was mandatory to have one of those for the audience. That was also probably the same reason we got a maid robot, except that one was introduced in an interesting and hilarious way.

Whoa, pampz is obssessed? Next you're gonna tell me Tatsuya is strong?
Ahh. That's a good point. Her role in things seemed weird. Like I might like her if she was doing something different. I did like her at the very end, when she sang then left. Pixie is awesome though. She's my favorite addition to the series by far.

Tatsuya is strong? What?
Old 2014-03-18, 10:46   Link #11935
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
So resolute! It's like you're the authority and not the author.

How does LeoXerika boil down to Tatsuya's decision? I'm honestly really curious.

Edit* hahaha Erika seems so hopeless. It's like, Tatsuya just won't pay attention too her. He looks like he has no desire to turn around.
Of course#!
Erika would never see Leo as man enough.
In the end the person she wants to be with is Tatsuya.
Leo,Miki,Mizuki are friends she picked up.

*Erika being hopeless, ha Tatsuya already knows that.

Quote:
Seeing Erika waltz over, Tatsuya stopped his hands and smiled wryly as if to say "what can I do", but there were of course people who were visibly displeased by the interruption to the experiment.
What can he do? Tatsuya too seemed hopeless#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
You know what's scares me, I've read the novels ten times now and I even had all the images save in a folder in my laptop, and I can't believe I didn;t see that....

YOU ARE OBSESSED MAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Woahhh.....
Men chose your words careful....bcause its not my fault.
well moving on...
Have you ever consider why the author/illustrator; put a 2 pages and whats more colored in a scene where the main point was Erika shouting?
There's alot of scene where they can use the colored page why choose something pointless!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-18, 10:57   Link #11936
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Ahh. That's a good point. Her role in things seemed weird. Like I might like her if she was doing something different. I did like her at the very end, when she sang then left. Pixie is awesome though. She's my favorite addition to the series by far.

Tatsuya is strong? What?
That last part was directed at someone else, sorry.

Sang and left? Now, now, let's not be mean to her. Yeah, she basically got the burden of the tsundere and pseudo rival simply because she's strong, when you could've still made her a talented but conflicted soldier without any of that.

Pixie works because of how insane the very concept is, even in-series. It's just so weird you cant help to be amused. For a series that looks at magic so seriously and realistically, a maid robot possessed by an interdimensional being is just insane. Not to mention, now Tatsuya doesn't have to rely so much on Kyoko for instant hard hacking if necessary. Oh, and because of her, we got to see Tatsuya outsmart that douche. You know who I'm talking about.
Old 2014-03-18, 11:00   Link #11937
anonfr

Quote:
Of course#!
Erika would never see Leo as man enough.
In the end the person she wants to be with is Tatsuya.
Leo,Miki,Mizuki are friends she picked up.

*Erika being hopeless, ha Tatsuya already knows that.

What can he do? Tatsuya too seemed hopeless#!
I feel like I've seen you post that quote a lot. It is hopeless though. Erika sort of knows it's hopeless too. She won't give up, but she knows.

Quote:
Of course#!

Woahhh.....
Men chose your words careful....bcause its not my fault.
well moving on...
Have you ever consider why the author/illustrator; put a 2 pages and whats more colored in a scene where the main point was Erika shouting?
There's alot of scene where they can use the colored page why choose something pointless!
I never considered it. I feel like the main point of the illustration is to illustrate "atmosphere" I feel like Erika shouting is something Erika would do. Just like, in general. She strikes me as loud.
Old 2014-03-18, 11:00   Link #11938
pampz21
ShipCore

@Requiem
Know that you mention it;
Looks like Tatsuya's making an army#!

Quote:
I feel like I've seen you post that quote a lot. It is hopeless though. Erika sort of knows it's hopeless too. She won't give up, but she knows.

I never considered it. I feel like the main point of the illustration is to illustrate "atmosphere" I feel like Erika shouting is something Erika would do. Just like, in general. She strikes me as loud.
Well its probably why she will never know what she is feeling...

Actions are stronger than words; speaking of that

Spoiler for ...:

Someone is having complicated feelings here, in fact there are two of them; Guess who they are#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-18, 11:03   Link #11939
Sixth
Hu Tao

I head that the manga is getting anime....which studio is animating this? Is it really going to be good or surpassing SAO or it will take the same route as Mahou Sensou anime...
Old 2014-03-18, 11:05   Link #11940
GenesiD

Volume 13 is out on 10th of April right? How long does it take for the translators to possess the raws? Seeing as how this series is one of the most popular ones out there you'd think the novel would get translated in one go once the raws are available instead of chapter by chapter (waiting for the whole thing is just so much more worth it).
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings