Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-12, 01:21   Link #841
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Nippon Ichi’s Next Vita Game Turns You Into A Firefly

Just what we need. Hopefully there will be more detail soon.

If you get caught or screw up in anyway, this super cute girl that we designed would die a horrible, violent death... Quite the motivator
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 01:27   Link #842
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As far as I can see with the vita, it is a mixture of several factors:

*cut*
I wish it wasn't possible, but considering we are talking about SCE, I wouldn't be surprised if they believed fully that Monster Hunter was coming to their console. And just as with the PSP, would save it.
But Monster Hunter chose a different console (and SCE has the nerves to pick a fight with Capcom too) and now the Vita (PSP successor) has nothing to save it.
And let's not even bother with the VitaTV. It was so predictable that it would flop worse than a fish on land.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 11:13   Link #843
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I wish it wasn't possible, but considering we are talking about SCE, I wouldn't be surprised if they believed fully that Monster Hunter was coming to their console. And just as with the PSP, would save it.
But Monster Hunter chose a different console (and SCE has the nerves to pick a fight with Capcom too) and now the Vita (PSP successor) has nothing to save it.
And let's not even bother with the VitaTV. It was so predictable that it would flop worse than a fish on land.
Considering that Sony demoed Protable 3rd HD on the VIta during the NGP reveal I don't think it's that hard to believe that they expected Monster Hunter on their platform.

However considering that the development of 3G probably began shortly after P3rd I think Sony should have known that MonHun will switch platforms. No one knows what the hell is going on with Capcom and Sony.

---

In other news One Piece Unlimited World Red will receive a VIta version for the EU release.

The same company that does not bother to localize the perfectly fine Vita versions of One Piece Musou 2 and Shin Gundam despite localizing the PS3 versions.

And yet for the EU release they actually port a 3DS game to Vita (and PS3/WiiU).

I don't know so please someone explain the logic behind this.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 00:32   Link #844
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Nippon Ichi’s Next Vita Game Turns You Into A Firefly

Just what we need. Hopefully there will be more detail soon.
First Look At Nippon Ichi’s Adorable Vita Game Where You Play As A Firefly

I'm sold on the graphic department. Now I only need to see the game in motion.
Old 2014-03-21, 02:04   Link #845
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
First Look At Nippon Ichi’s Adorable Vita Game Where You Play As A Firefly

I'm sold on the graphic department. Now I only need to see the game in motion.
It certainly sounds interesting and the art is nice. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks. Certainly good motivation to play well and not make many mistakes .
Old 2014-03-21, 02:55   Link #846
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://nippon1.jp/consumer/hotarunonikki/

You could try out the flash on the website to get a glimpse at how the game is played. It's certainly cute, but I know what's waiting for us with that "CERO: D" rating .
Old 2014-03-21, 03:13   Link #847
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/hotarunonikki/

You could try out the flash on the website to get a glimpse at how the game is played. It's certainly cute, but I know what's waiting for us with that "CERO: D" rating .
Thanks for the link there.

Oh boy, this will be a tough one I can already tell. Just this basic portion had a "not good, not good" moment to it .

Bad things will happen in that game no doubt about it.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:28   Link #848
Hana
izumi

Has anyone tried out the Conception II demo yet? It's a pretty nice game. Will definitely pick it up when it is released next month!
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:42   Link #849
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
Has anyone tried out the Conception II demo yet? It's a pretty nice game. Will definitely pick it up when it is released next month!
Haven't quite finished the demo, but have gotten a good ways into it. Overall I think it will be a pretty ok game. I'm still personally iffy on some of the voices in this one. There are a few solid ones, but some just sound really...uninspired. But not like you can't just mute the vocals if you can't take them.

The combat could be interesting. First dungeon isn't that challenging, but can see how it could get more tactical with positioning your 'teams', chains, etc.

The cast itself isn't bad. Certainly first impressions are of a pretty standard cliche group. Though can't count out character development as it goes along.

It's not bad. Can certainly feel how it could be an addicting experience. You level up your relationships so you can get better 'kids' so you can be better in the dungeons and gain more points.

Up in the air if I'll pick it up immediately when it comes out, but after getting this far probably won't be able to avoid picking up if only to finish what I started .
Old 2014-03-26, 21:13   Link #850
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's an interesting game with interesting concept/mechanic, but the dub only kills it for me. Therefore I allocate my spending toward Deception IV.
Old 2014-03-26, 22:35   Link #851
iceyfw

Quote:
i tried out the demo for the 3DS and vita. the 3DS demo left a less than favorable impression on me. the vita demo on the other hand had a much better flow in introducing game mechanics, some characters, and a glimpse of what the story basically is. i had almost two hours on the vita demo and lost track of time. any game that makes me lose track of time on a demo version is day 1 buy for me. the graphics and artwork is much more crisp on the vita too. there were so many noticeable jagged edges on the 3D models in the labyrinths and a slight FPS drop for the 3DS demo. it made me cringe a little.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 23:54   Link #852
Hana
izumi

I agree. The dub was a bit awkward at times. It kind of bugged me with the protagonist had lines and he spoke.. something different? I don't know.. it just urked me.. The dub shall grow on me in time.

Does anyone know how long the demo lasts? I'm a little into the first dungeon.
Old 2014-03-27, 00:09   Link #853
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I agree. The dub was a bit awkward at times. It kind of bugged me with the protagonist had lines and he spoke.. something different? I don't know.. it just urked me.. The dub shall grow on me in time.

Does anyone know how long the demo lasts? I'm a little into the first dungeon.
It really is too bad the dub is pretty awkward. If there's anything that balances out my interest in the game it's that point.

It's a pretty decently sized demo. Ended for me right at the end of the first dungeon. With the intro, character interaction, dungeon crawling, etc it took me about a couple hours to get through the demo. So will likely vary depending on how quickly one pushes through that dungeon.
Old 2014-03-27, 16:34   Link #854
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

No idea what you guys talking about, but the dub sounds fine in Conception 2. It isn't mind blowing good, but it isn't atrocious like say, Chaos Wars or Arc Rise Fantasia, either. I'd say it's about the same as Dangan Ronpa's dub.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 20:26   Link #855
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
No idea what you guys talking about, but the dub sounds fine in Conception 2. It isn't mind blowing good, but it isn't atrocious like say, Chaos Wars or Arc Rise Fantasia, either. I'd say it's about the same as Dangan Ronpa's dub.
Well I think that's a situation where agree to disagree will have to come in. I think voice work is as subjective a thing as there is. At best I can say Conception 2's dub is just below average. I'd comment on Danganronpa's dub....but I actually just went with the Japanese voices from the start. Since you couldn't switch after the game started I just forgot there was an English dub there .

There are certainly worse, but it just doesn't sound good to my ears and those are the only judge's I can bring to this discussion .
Old 2014-03-27, 20:50   Link #856
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
My tolerance for dub isn't as high as you, unfortunately. It doesn't need to be on the level of Arc Rise Fantasia only to be considered shit in my perspective.
Old 2014-03-28, 14:21   Link #857
Hana
izumi

On a side note, in Persona 4 Golden, what does the new game plus mode gives me? Do I keep anything from my previous play through or what...
Old 2014-03-28, 14:34   Link #858
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

English dubs will be tolerable for me if the script doesn't get too awkward or cheesy.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 14:50   Link #859
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
On a side note, in Persona 4 Golden, what does the new game plus mode gives me? Do I keep anything from my previous play through or what...
If I remember this right you will retain your stats from the previous game (Courage, etc) which means that it's now easier to start many social links earlier than in the original run (Naoto comes to mind).
Old 2014-03-28, 15:21   Link #860
Hana
izumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If I remember this right you will retain your stats from the previous game (Courage, etc) which means that it's now easier to start many social links earlier than in the original run (Naoto comes to mind).
Ah that makes sense. I did not finish Naoto's social link in my first play through >_< I actually missed out on a ton on my first noob play through.. Will definitely give it another try. P4G is a just a wonderful game. Although my nearly completed run through of Persona 3 Portable is ranking up there too..

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv