AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 12:15   Link #501
BW95
Banned

They really changed a few things, but nothing to rage over, except for the fact it didn't show crowds of people trying to see Miyuki after the ceremony.

Animation is top-notch. Fight scenes were better than I expected. They were so fluid. 10/10
As for music, I noticed a few segments where there was no BGM, but there was potential there so 9/10.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-05 at 12:29.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 12:40   Link #502
Wandering Soul

They made a couple of changes but it was still a good first episode. The fight scenes were done well and it had a great opening scene. I might need to listen to the opening a few more times for it to really grow on me but other that that music was handled pretty well. I especially liked the way the played the music for Tatsuya and Miyuki's scene in the hallway.
Old 2014-04-05, 12:41   Link #503
ReinhartX

i didnt really think that "he" will be shown in the OP already..... i just hope its not a sign that they are gonna rush and skip alot materials...
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 12:52   Link #504
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
They made a couple of changes but it was still a good first episode. The fight scenes were done well and it had a great opening scene. I might need to listen to the opening a few more times for it to really grow on me but other that that music was handled pretty well. I especially liked the way the played the music for Tatsuya and Miyuki's scene in the hallway.
Watch this instead! It's more complete. Who said they didn't like Lisa's high notes? Her high notes are awesome!

Old 2014-04-05, 13:00   Link #505
pampz21
ShipCore

For a LN reader they cut useless things but nothing to fret about(except that they dont plan to cut out Miyuki's broconess); it was a good start 8/10

But for a anime only viewer 6-7/10
It really is the info dump; they didnt emphasis on it, is a good thing at the same time it was bad. The scene just kept jumping without explanation. Tatsuya emphasis that Mayumi had a CAD but what the hell was a CAD; same thing as TatsuyaXMiyuki at home which i thought that scene when Miyuki leaned on Tatsuya when theres really no point to it. And the last scene, didnt really explain much how quickdraw or what is magic; they just went in talk...(make me wanna hear Tatsuya explanation)

OP was nice doesnt show how much OP Tatsuya is. A lot would probably misunderstand the seen when Tatsuya and Miyuki holding hands =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-05 at 13:27.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:08   Link #506
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
For a LN reader they cut useless things but nothing to fret about(except that they dont plan to cut out Miyuki's broconess); it was a good start 8/10

But for a anime only viewer 6-7/10
It really is the info dump; they didnt emphasis on it, is a good thing at the same time it was bad. The scene just kept jumping with explanation. Tatsuya emphasis that Mayumi had a CAD but what the hell was a CAD; same thing as TatsuyaXMiyuki at home which i thought that scene when Miyuki leaned on Tatsuya when theres really no point to it. And the last scene, didnt really explain much how quickdraw or what is magic; they just went in talk...(make me wanna hear Tatsuya explanation)

OP was nice doesnt show how much OP Tatsuya is. A lot would probably misunderstand the seen when Tatsuya and Miyuki holding hands =)
Well, they probably expected viewers to watch the chibi clips explaining CADs and magic.
Old 2014-04-05, 13:11   Link #507
whsie

Being a lightnovel reader, I actually enjoyed the 1st episode a lot. I personally don't have a lot of complaint in how it's adapted.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:14   Link #508
Ultragunner

Spoiler for Miki:

Oh Miki, why are you even more badass in the OP than Tatsuya himself
Old 2014-04-05, 13:20   Link #509
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Spoiler for Miki:

Oh Miki, why are you even more badass in the OP than Tatsuya himself
Yeah. That's what I thought too. Some anime-only viewers may have some misconceptions about him.
Old 2014-04-05, 13:23   Link #510
larethian

No real complaints for composition of episode 1 except maybe the OP screenplay which doesn't seem to be overly fantastic to me . They kept enough of the monologue to keep things meaningful and not overly loaded. I suppose they expect the viewers to think more and make more inferences from what was given. Taijutsu scenes were okay (with weird BGM ), but the magic activation animations and sfx were just wow.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:23   Link #511
Utsuro no Hako

This is quality work:

Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:30   Link #512
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
No real complaints for composition of episode 1 except maybe the OP screenplay which doesn't seem to be overly fantastic to me . They kept enough of the monologue to keep things meaningful and not overly loaded. I suppose they expect the viewers to think more and make more inferences from what was given. Taijutsu scenes were okay (with weird BGM ), but the magic activation animations and sfx were just wow.
Haha....so so that bgm; it was out of place. Why a techno? Reminds me of persona =)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:41   Link #513
eceso

thought it was a great start xD

real excited for this series
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 13:41   Link #514
relentlessflame

*Administrator

With the first episode having aired, I want to re-post my reminder. We are watching; don't find yourself banned for not reading the warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Hi everyone -- today we have introduced a sub-forum just for the Mahouka Light Novels and Manga. For more information on this change to the site, please visit this thread.

I want to mention this change here first because it's new, and we've never done things in quite this way before. We realize that the Mahouka universe is expansive and complex, and with the anime forthcoming a lot of people will have a lot of questions about the novel. This sub-forum is designed to help provide a location for these conversations.

However, this also means that our policy for all kinds of novel talk in the anime threads is going to be extremely strict -- basically zero tolerance. Posting any sort of hint, spoiler, or novel-inspired speculation in the anime thread is grounds for an immediate ban. We will be enforcing this strictly.

If you're a novel reader and want to comment or speculate about the anime from a novel reader's perspective, we encourage you to use the Anime Comparison & Speculation thread. While we will not forbid novel readers from participating in this anime thread, you may not issue any guidance at all or correct any anime-only viewer's comments in any circumstance if inferring from future novel info, or speculate on how the anime will adopt the novels in this thread. I'm not sure how else to make this point more clearly, and we don't want to ban anyone... but please, please, please avoid "helping anime-only viewers out" in this thread. Even if they ask a question, direct them to the more appropriate place, or let them discover the story for themselves through the anime if they so choose. (Please don't try to "convert" anime-only viewers in this thread; if people choose to not read the novels and look for no outside information, that's their right -- please respect that. Even if you believe they're only going to confuse themselves.)

If you're an anime-only viewer and just want a simple answer to a question without massive spoilers, we've even created a Spoiler-restricted Q&A Thread in the novel forum just for you. This way you can limit your exposure to spoilers while hopefully also getting answers to basic questions that may confuse you.
Old 2014-04-05, 13:49   Link #515
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

At least voice wise, oreimo fans would be proud of KyousukeXAyase.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:03   Link #516
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
This is quality work:

wow... just wow...
Old 2014-04-05, 14:04   Link #517
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
This is quality work:

Don't scare me like that. That's not a typo. EU is an acronym.
Old 2014-04-05, 14:06   Link #518
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Don't scare me like that. That's not a typo. EU is an acronym.
The problem is the east/west...
Old 2014-04-05, 14:07   Link #519
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The problem is the east/west...
That's somehow even worse.
Old 2014-04-05, 14:09   Link #520
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
At least voice wise, oreimo fans would be proud of KyousukeXAyase.
I actually thought I was looking at Kyousuke instead of Tatsuya there when I heard his lines.
Still it fits him quite well, and the episode was pretty good too.
Though Morisaki looks way to babyfaced..., his face looked like a 12 year old kid.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural