Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-28, 13:48   Link #1881
flying ^

NTR alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Exit strategy for NBA, Donald Sterling: Sell Clippers to Magic Johnson
Sterling confirmed a cuckold (once again)
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:28   Link #1882
BPD Renegade

Quote:
oh boy...I really hope Clippers doesn't lose their first game play-off due to this. they
were definitely distracted as heck during the gameplay. they need to deal with
that retarded old man Sterling soon...what a racist bastard. I hope Clippers stay
strong and not lose focus over this issue, but Doc River already losing focus.

-------------------------------------------------------------
*go Clippers, you can do it!*
Clippers have finally started to perform well in recent years, it would be a shame to see all that progress fall apart because of this. It's especially concerning for the players. It's human mentality to think, "It's fine if I slack off for this one time, I'm still in control," but then subconsciously allow something like this to gradually take over.

To some of the players, not only in the team, but the league, it could be shattering to suddenly realize that, no, despite all that you think you have achieved, there are still some who can't accept you, not because of who you are or what you've done, but because of what you look like. Maybe it had always been an inkling in the back of their minds, but now they're face-to-face with it in the form of something from within their own league, which is even worse. What do you do when you reach the place you've strived to be in, honestly feel like you have a chance at the fame, the respect, then have it shatter apart in your face in the form of something you can't control?

The decisions that some of the players make here could very well be a turning point that affect their performance and careers. Whether they emerge stronger from it or allow it to negatively impact the rest of their careers, or if they can just brush it off like many will, remains to be seen.

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't mind this happening, even if it was a set-up. It would be nice to see the franchise in his group's hands, but for now, rumors remain rumors.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:57   Link #1883
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
---"For now, it's the ultimate escape plan for the NBA, the ultimate exit for Donald Sterling. Magic Johnson wants the Clippers,
and it could change Los Angeles basketball – change the NBA – forever."---

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/exit-st...073015142.html

comments: yes please, this need to HAPPEN. Magic as Clippers owner? hell ya! Magic is my hero & inspiration (along with MJ) when he
was with the Lakers back then. his smiles are the best!
That would be a great idea but there is one problem, that there is a couple of businessman from up the coast would love to have a NBA team in their town. They were willing to spend billions and billions of dollars to get one. They will probably hike that price of the Clippers alot (see Kings and Bucks as guidelines). This city as know as "LA of the NBA", Seattle could drive the price up alot.

Update: Looks like alot of endorsements that the Clippers has been suspended or completly stop, that is not going to look good for them already. Since NBA has little to no power when comes down to situations like this. Boycotting games, FA leaving, or forcing trades will be the way to go if they want the Clippers sold.
Old 2014-04-28, 15:29   Link #1884
BPD Renegade

^ Didn't Seattle just lose the Supersonics to OKC because no one was attending their games? Durant and the renewed team weren't even really given a chance.

If it is sold, the team should remain in LA, as is. A price war would only benefit Sterling. To do otherwise would be an equivalent of helping him give the big middle finger to the franchise, league, and city. The best response the franchise could give would be to continue doing well exactly where it is under new ownership, and show they're above it all. Although, in the spirit of profiteering, buyers probably wouldn't give a rat's ass.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:05   Link #1885
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Warriors' Jackson: Fans in LA should boycott Game 5
Source: http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/28/c...s=iref:nbahpts
Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Golden State coach Mark Jackson has a suggestion for fans of both the Warriors and the Clippers: Don't show up for Game 5 in Los Angeles on Tuesday night.

Jackson was responding to questions Monday about how fans in Los Angeles should react to the purported comments of Clippers owner Donald Sterling telling a woman not to bring black people to his games or associate with them. The Warriors coach said: "I believe if it was me, I wouldn't come to the game. I believe the fans, the loudest statement that they can make as fans is to not show up to the game."

Jackson said players have families to worry about and are getting paid to be there but fans "cannot allow someone with these feelings to profit."
comments: game 5 for the Clippers going to be very interesting. i wonder how the
guys going to play (both Clippers and Warriors). it'll be VERY awkward if there are
no fans @ the staple center.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:10   Link #1886
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
^ Didn't Seattle just lose the Supersonics to OKC because no one was attending their games? Durant and the renewed team weren't even really given a chance.

If it is sold, the team should remain in LA, as is. A price war would only benefit Sterling. To do otherwise would be an equivalent of helping him give the big middle finger to the franchise, league, and city. The best response the franchise could give would be to continue doing well exactly where it is under new ownership, and show they're above it all. Although, in the spirit of profiteering, buyers probably wouldn't give a rat's ass.
Actually, you are wrong about that. I suggest that you look at Sonicsgate (very good) on Youtube for that answer. But for the gist of it, Howard Schultz was tired of being a NBA owner (he should stick to coffee) and he could sold it to a local owner but decided to sell it to Clay Bennett (OKC Owner) without knowing that he was packing up and leaving to OKC. You should check it out.

I want the Clippers to stay there but Seattle has firepower (in fact, in failed attempts in getting the Kings and Bucks, their sell price jump to 40%
(565 mil for Kings, 575 mil for the Bucks, and they are in the bottom of the league in attendence and revnue.) Imagine how much it is going to cost for Clippers, right now their value is 700 mil right now.
Old 2014-04-28, 17:26   Link #1887
BPD Renegade

^ Ah, okay. I read a bit about it in a local newspaper but hadn't been paying much attention to any behind-the-scenes action at the time. I'll check it out when I'm not in the office. ^_^
Old 2014-04-28, 17:32   Link #1888
Xagzan

Quote:
Warriors' Jackson: Fans in LA should boycott Game 5
Source: http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/28/c...s=iref:nbahpts

comments: game 5 for the Clippers going to be very interesting. i wonder how the
guys going to play (both Clippers and Warriors). it'll be VERY awkward if there are
no fans @ the staple center.
Heh, yeah, I'll bet Mark Jackson would love for the Clippers fans not to show up in the Clippers' arena.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 13:33   Link #1889
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Donald Sterling has been banned for life and fined $2.5M by the NBA. The NBA news conference is in progress on several TV channels.

Good riddance!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 15:56   Link #1890
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Donald Sterling has been banned for life and fined $2.5M by the NBA. The NBA news conference is in progress on several TV channels.

Good riddance!
I feel like the majority of people are split on this decision, as Mark Cuban said this sets a somewhat dangerous precedence for future events. While I agree that some action needed to be taken and what he said was not in anyway right, what this boils down to in the end is taking someones business away because of what he said in a private conversation that was against social norms.

Well, at least it gave the organization a bunch of free attention, I am sure Clippers sales will go up after this whole show, sales always do when there is controversy.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:00   Link #1891
Xagzan

Silver flexing some administrative muscle. Brought that gavel down hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I feel like the majority of people are split on this decision, as Mark Cuban said this sets a somewhat dangerous precedence for future events.
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/461208183965351937
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:33   Link #1892
BPD Renegade

^ Nice Xagzan. I'd put that in my deck in a flash.

But wow, was not expecting anyone to have the guts to do this.
Old 2014-04-29, 20:02   Link #1893
Tyranno Thunder

I'm glad to see him get banned, just sucks that the most they could fine him was 2.5 mil. thats chump change to him.
Old 2014-04-29, 22:45   Link #1894
VTHokiePride

Wizards advance to the next round of playoffs after beating Chicago 75-69 in Game 5 at Chicago. I really hope the Hawks beat the Pacers because I don't think they can win against them.
Old 2014-04-29, 22:50   Link #1895
BPD Renegade

Thunder and Grizzlies advance to 4th consecutive overtime. Man, they've been frazzling my nerves lately.
Old 2014-04-29, 23:08   Link #1896
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Thriller in OKC, 1 point difference Memphis lead, 2 seconds to go, OKC balls western Conference this year is such a treat to casual fans. Hopefully Houston can hang on for 1 more game at least XD
Old 2014-04-29, 23:12   Link #1897
BPD Renegade

OKC... So close to a buzzer beater.

At the rate my two teams are going (switching off a win/loss every game), I guess this means Clippers will win tonight.
Old 2014-04-30, 07:07   Link #1898
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The Western Conference is absolutely crazy this year - so many games going into overtime! I think it's primarily an issue with matchups because of injuries in the regular season. Specifically, the Grizzlies and Mavericks should be higher than 7th and 8th, but injuries to M.Gasol and Nowitzki severely affected their season.

The Grizzlies are a bad matchup for OKC because the latter do not have the players to deal with dominant big men in the paint. Durant alone can't carry his team when M.Gasol and ZBo are able to have their way on offense and defense.

The Spurs and Rockets don't defend well against stretch-PFs who can shoot the midrange jumper well. Both teams rely heavily on their rim protectors (Duncan and Howard respectively) to anchor their defence, and having stretch-PFs (Nowitzki and Aldridge) on the opposing team means that their best defenders cannot both protect the rim and defend the shooters at the same time. If they continue protecting the rim, they give up the mid-range shot. If they contest the mid-range, there's nobody left to grab rebounds and prevent put-backs.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 08:30   Link #1899
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Its amusing how everyone didn't care about Sterling until the comment.
Worthwhile to listen to this.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-30, 18:19   Link #1900
Tyranno Thunder

sad to see the bulls loose, but they played like total garbage last night. I feel like they worn themselves down playing hard until the end of the season and was just to gassed in this round. They had no go to scorer. They never should of let Lil Nate go at the end of last season. He was someone you could count on to get you baskets when you needed them.