AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-06-06, 23:41   Link #2541
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

It won't matter too much unless you're very low level, and you shouldn't be attempting the north path using a low level fleet anyway.

I've done testings with a number of players varying between Lv.50~Lv.90 fleets.
All of them were able to get to the boss using different set ups that includes multiple radar-less CLTs or DDs as long as they've brought enough planes.

Just need to remember that the fleet's base LoS gets square rooted, and a plane's LoS value counts for twice as much as that of a radar, and adjust the number you bring accordingly.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 01:04   Link #2542
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I went with 4 Fast BB (Kongou Sisters) and 2 CV, and I equipped my BBs with seaplane + radar for a boost of LoS. My first run resulted in going to boss node w/o problems.
Old 2014-06-07, 02:05   Link #2543
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
I went with 4 Fast BB (Kongou Sisters) and 2 CV, and I equipped my BBs with seaplane + radar for a boost of LoS. My first run resulted in going to boss node w/o problems.
Having 4 planes + 4 radars is more than enough to meet the requirement. (The theoratical value is 70~80 effective LoS)
And don't forget you also have CV with planes on them. Bombers have LoS value on them too.

What I was saying was that 1 plane LoS = 2 radar LoS, not radar being only half as effective. With that in mind, if people are having trouble reaching the boss due to LoS, they can consider replacing radars with planes, such as No.32 with an Observation Plane, to squeeze for some extra effective LoS.
Old 2014-06-07, 02:41   Link #2544
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
You don't need to give CLTs radar if you brought enough planes on the CA/CAVs for the drum method.

My own 4CAV 2CLT fleet carried 6 Zuiun/Seirans and standard 15.5/midget sub set up for KitaOoi and I still got to the boss just fine.
thx a lot...
managed to clear it using formation 2CA 2CAV 2CLT...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 03:57   Link #2545
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow that Tanzen quest is awesome. I means they actually turned the equipped "Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (Tomonaga Squadron)" into "Tenzan Model 12 (Tomonaga Squadron)".

First time i ever see a 5* equipment. Thought is was photoshop at first. Not even sure, is it the only 5* in the game so far?

Edit: found another one, SHinden Kai from event back in May 2013..... (God this one is legendary grade) http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Shind...Lightning)_Kai

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-06-07 at 04:10.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 07:25   Link #2546
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's really too bad that there's no way to getting that Shinden Kai again. If I have that on Kaga, then AA would become a trivial non-issue!

I am a bit worried about CVL requirements for Midway actually. I only have Chiyoda and Chitose being truly prepared for events. Do I need to train up RJ to kai2 before the event hits? I haven't ever used her and all...

edit: maybe I am caught up in paranoia. It doesn't make sense from fleet composition pov to demand more than 2 CVL for Midway.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 08:07   Link #2547
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

You should be fine with if you have at least 3~4 Fast BB, 1 Slow BB, 3~4 CV, 3~5 DD, 2 CA, 2 CAV, 2 CL, 2 CVL, 2 BBV and 1SS.

Equipments aside, having these choices readily available should allow you to tackle anything the devs decide to throw at us.
Old 2014-06-07, 08:12   Link #2548
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Let's see...
4 Fast BB
1 Slow BB
2 CV
4 DD
4 CA
2 CAV
3 CLT
2 CL
1 CVL
2 BBV
0 SS

oh shit...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 08:41   Link #2549
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

What I have to worry now is the CA, with Tone and Chikuma now CAV, my second CA would be Haguro at only Lv46. CVL are a bit better with Zuihou (Lv71), Junyou (lv67) and Hiyou (lv66) and my BBV ( Ise and Hyuuga at lv55) are probably high enough for event map exept for the lasts one.
The big issue now is to not repeat the same mistake as the last event, having lot of ressources but nor high enough ship but not fall for the opposite trap; spending the next month leveling some high comsuption ship but not having enough resource for the event, and having a Yamato to level up it's a easy trap to get in.
Old 2014-06-07, 09:02   Link #2550
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It has taken me a month to get my BBs up and ready. Most of my spending's gone to the hotels. I have made the same mistake as you ganbaru. Lots of work to be done on my part tbh, with Hiryuu and CAV as priority no.1

BB
2x Yamatos, Lvl 61 kai
3x Kongous >Lvl75
2x Hiei and Bismarck 50s, will hit 75 by Midway
2x Nagato, Lvl 63 and 51.

BBV
2x Ise, Lvl40s

CV
CarDiv1, Lvl60 and 67
CarDiv2, Lvl40s, need work
CarDiv5, Lvl40s, need work
Taihou, Lvl61

CVL
ChitoChiyo, Lvl 67 and 73.
Everyone else needs work.

CAV
2x Mogamis, Lvl40s.
2x Mogamis, need work.
2x Tones, lvl 50, will be ready by Midway

CA
Maya, lvl 71
Takao, lvl 59
Haguro, lvl 48

SS(V)
5x Lvl99

CLT
3x, Lvl 77-90s.

DD
5x special DD, Lvl 70+
Amatsukaze, Lvl 42.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-06-07, 09:31   Link #2551
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

If you have unlocked it, 5-4-A is probably the best place to level up CV and BB, especially if you manage your fleet to get the flagship the MVP and get S score. It's a good way to boost one powerful ship (powerful enough to get the MVP) while the other still get high exp. It did work well with Taihou and still working with Yamato.
Old 2014-06-07, 11:06   Link #2552
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Looks like I won't be able to join Midway after all, considering that my highest level is Murakumo (only 35 at that, but she's also my first ship so I'm kinda attached to her).

Thankfully, Junyou, Hiyou, Haruna and Mutsu are not far behind (around 25-30).
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 15:51   Link #2553
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

What's the ideal composition for 3-2-A leveling? need to level some CAVs and CLTs
Old 2014-06-07, 15:56   Link #2554
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Any formation with 1 submarine. Without subs, you put as much CV(L) with torpedo bomber as possible.
Old 2014-06-07, 16:02   Link #2555
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

My fleet is pretty much ready any time, just gonna use the remaining time to patch up those minor weak points before I start stockpiling at the end of the month.

BB: All Kongous Lv.99, Nagato Lv.99, Yamato Lv.96, Mutsu Lv.87
CV: Kaga Lv.137, Zuikaku Lv.99, Taihou Lv.97, Akagi Lv.94, Hiryuu Lv.81, Shoukaku Lv.78
BBV: Ise/Hyuuga Lv.87

Gonna work on both Hiryuu and Soryuu to bring them to the competitive front this summer. Would love to see them in action in their new forms.

CVL: Chito/Chiyo Lv.93, RJ/Hiyou/Junyou Lv.80
CA: Haguro Lv.95, Maya Lv.95, Takao Lv.93, Kinugasa Lv.84
CAV: Suzuya/Kumano/Tone/Chikuma Lv.98
CL: Jintsuu Lv.89, Yuubari Lv.76
DD: Shigure/Poi Lv.98, Beppy Lv.94, Shimakaze Lv.81, Yukikaze Lv.81
SS: Goya Lv.99, Shioi/Hachi/Iku/Imuya Lv.98

Might bring another CL to the 80s just to be safe... gonna need to work on Amatsukaze as well, who is currently Lv.63.

Got plenty of time to do those minor leveling...

What I'm focusing on right now is craft more 46cm and Reppus.
46cm progress: 14/18
Reppu progress: 7/9, not including ReppuKai

Already got more than enough of other equipments:
13 20.3cm No.3
6 Sanshiki
12 Suisei 12A
5 Ryuusei Kai
2 Saiun
2 Seiran
2 Zuiun Model 12
8 Yamaplanes
11 Type 3 Sonar
5 Type 3 DC
2 No.32
2 No.14
2 No.33
1 No.22 Kai 4

Quote:
What's the ideal composition for 3-2-A leveling? need to level some CAVs and CLTs
As Klash said anything with 1 submarine is good. Also make sure you have enough firepower to end the battle before torpedo phase.
Old 2014-06-07, 16:20   Link #2556
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Currently doing it now, and can finish them off before torpedo phase. I assume I should rotate ships to deal with the fatigue right?
Old 2014-06-07, 16:23   Link #2557
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I assume I should rotate ships to deal with the fatigue right?
Pretty much.
Old 2014-06-07, 16:30   Link #2558
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can actually bypass the fatigue if your fleet is exclusively composed of CV(L) with torpedo bombers, since the initial air strike isn't affected by fatigue.
That said, there is no guarantee that every enemy ship will sunk even if you have a total of 24 ryuusei kai.
Old 2014-06-07, 16:58   Link #2559
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You can actually bypass the fatigue if your fleet is exclusively composed of CV(L) with torpedo bombers, since the initial air strike isn't affected by fatigue.
That said, there is no guarantee that every enemy ship will sunk even if you have a total of 24 ryuusei kai.
What you do in that instance is to rotate ships with first strike capability with you and to have subs that you can rotate to absorb incoming fire in say 3-2-A. It's mighty useful.

I am resorting back to this for training Hiryuu, since CV can get MVP fairly reliably. The safer setup is to have a BB in the group, but you should be fine mostly with even a CA or a CL to finish up the leftovers.

I have only 1x 20.3 type3, no good 3 star radar. 12x 46cm by this point. 3x Reppu. Need to develop Reppus asap .

Last edited by panzerfan; 2014-06-07 at 17:29.
Old 2014-06-07, 22:53   Link #2560
Cyprene

I'm kind of hesitant to ask this, but I figure I may as well.
Does anybody have a spare account, or know a way I could get one?
For those of you who don't know me, I'm a translator at Crunchyroll. As you all probably know, the anime for this may or may not be airing soon, and if it does air, Crunchyroll may or may not get it for western audiences. I have no information on either of these subjects, unfortunately. I am, however, the translator doing our Arpeggio of Blue Steel manga, which means I'm the reigning expert on anthropomorphic WW2 battleships. So if we did get it, it'd probably go to me. KanColle is popular enough that I can do any research I need to on the dozens of wikis and fansites available, but it would be easier, and I could probably do a better job on it, if I had an account and could actually play the thing.

Unfortunately I'm past the point in my life when I can repeatedly stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 AM in the morning in hopes of getting an account. One of the drawbacks of being an adult, I suppose. I gave it a few goes, and the results the next morning were... unpleasant enough that I can't really try it again.
If anybody could help me out I would really appreciate it, and your efforts would be rewarded with a better translation for the anime, if I end up actually working on it.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls