Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-01, 22:57   Link #1
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

[manga]kenpachi's zanpaktou

Well if you have read the latest chapter of the manga (221) you can see on page 6, Kenpachis zanpaktou. It is not the same rusty zanpaktou that he had during the SS arc. We saw how after the fight Kenpachi wanted to become stronger.. i mean this guy REALLY wanted to become stronger lol. we saw his poor attempt to learn his zanpaktous name but nevertheless it still was a try. maybe Kenpachi learned from his battle with Ichigo and finally learned his swords name? that would explain his new sword on page 6.

My take is that that was not the real Kenpachi in the first place. Seeing how its Ichigos inner world, i think that the Kenpachi that Ichigo met in his world was just an imprint of his battle with him during the SS arc. I mean that fight had a huge impact on Ichigo being that it was his fight where i really "boosted" his instict to be able to cut Kenpachi. That memory manifested into the form of Kenpachi in Ichigos inner world. That would probably explain why Kenpachi stated that his name wasnt Kenpachi but simply a man seeking to kill.. the other explanation i could come up with is that Kenpachi is just a killing maniac and he somehow found a way to get into Ichigos world to fight him
Old 2006-04-01, 23:08   Link #2
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think the image you're referring to of Kenpachi's sword looking as if it's in good condition was just a fluke. We can see it clearly when he stabs at Ichigo's head on the ground, and it's still just like it was before. Besides, since this is just Ichigo's vision of Kenpachi, naturally he's exactly the same as he was when Ichigo last saw him, which was in their fight(or the dojo afterwards).
Old 2006-04-01, 23:17   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
It was just ichigos mental image of Kenpachi.

Its all in the wacked out fantasy land in his head. Pay no attention, move along.
Old 2006-04-01, 23:59   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

More than Ichi's Mental image I think its Zangetsu's / Clone Hollow's Mental Image of Zaraki .Thats when Ichi could manifest Zangetsu from Zangetsu World to the Living world
Old 2006-04-02, 16:11   Link #5
cursed_sword
Matador

I think thats Kenpachi's bankai
Old 2006-04-02, 18:37   Link #6
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Remember after the fight with Komamura and Tousen?

He was staring at his Zanpakutou as if he was talking to it. Could it be that he can communicate with his?

And, every single time I saw a Zanpakutou get broken ( this means Ichigo and Renji ) their ZAnpakutous manifested and then they became whole again. SO could it be that he is able to talk to it?
Old 2006-04-02, 22:42   Link #7
cursed_sword
Matador

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
And, every single time I saw a Zanpakutou get broken ( this means Ichigo and Renji ) their ZAnpakutous manifested and then they became whole again. SO could it be that he is able to talk to it?
not necesarily, as u can see in a colorful bleach omake(don't remember wich one X_x), if u break ur zampakutoh u just have to wait for its regeneration. Not waiting for a manifestation.
Old 2006-04-03, 00:38   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It wasn't Kenpachi -- It was a hallucination.

Hence, even if his sword was shown different, it is still meaningless. It might tell something about Ichigo, but it doesn't mean a thing about Kenpachi.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread