AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-09, 22:02   Link #161
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
^
IMO, they were surprised that "She" used an A-ranked magic not that she used an "A-ranked Magic". Also I think knowing the AS plays a part in using magic btw so of course they'd be surprised when she uses certain magic.
What's "AS"?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 22:15   Link #162
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
What's "AS"?
Activation Sequence.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 22:31   Link #163
bietchie11

Quote:
Activation Sequence.
Oh ok.

Then again, the LN spelled it out that everyone is shocked because Nilfhelm and Inferno are extremely difficult but Miyuki used it at ease, not because of the rareness of the AS. (after all it is used to test every magicians on a general exam, how rare can it be?)

Their reaction is totally different compared to when she used Flying-magic for the first time. (which is an example of shock due to rare spells.)

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-06-09, 22:37   Link #164
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Oh ok.

Then again, the LN spelled it out that everyone is shocked because Nilfhelm and Inferno are extremely difficult but Miyuki used it at ease, not because of the rareness of the AS. (after all it is used to test every magicians on a general exam, how rare can it be?)

Their reaction is totally different compared to when she used Flying-magic for the first time. (which is an example of shock due to rare spells.)
The reaction is different because it was just invented not even on the market and somebody already has it in use (suspicious much) at least something like that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 10:27   Link #165
Echizen777

Quote:

Inferno is mentioned as another A-rank magic.
Mist Dispersion is classified.
Rupture is above B-rank as Tatsuya commented how Masaki has to use B-rank magic in 9-sc shows being powerful is sometime bothersome.

But whatever, may be you are right.
However, like i said before, if Mari and Mayumi could do it, they wouldn't react like they did in 9-sc
Mist Dispersion is A rank

Spoiler for QUOTE:

Rupture is A rank
Spoiler for Rupture:

Masaki's Bias Release was not B rank, he was using a low level magic so that he would not exceed the level of firepower authorized since his shots are too powerful.

Quote:
For Naotsugu, he detected but failed to block. "Taken by surprised" is not a really convincing excuse as both Tatsuya and Nao sensed the attack coming..
[spoiler="Yep, he can't block it"]
an intense sense of danger assaulted Tatsuya.

Naotsugu probably sensed it as well. Tatsuya hit the deck and Naotsugu raised his kodachi almost simultaneously.
Brionac is impossible to block completely. Both sensed it but Naotsugu was the only one attacked here. He managed to block it but the plasma charges knocked him down, it was undoubtedly a surprise attack. Tatsuya can't block it either.

I am not saying that Mari or Mayumi knows Inferno, this is not even fitting their fighting styles. Why would Mari learn this? I don't think she has the skills either but her antipersonel magic is A class and techniques like Dojigiri are undoutebly A class. Mayumi can probably master it, maybe she knows it even but she fights mainly with psion bullets. Inferno and Niflheim are AOE and Ice magics, Miyuki's specialty. Miyuki was surprised by Heated and Suffocating Turbulence as well. Inferno is not the only way to make a magician A rank. Many magicians at 1st high have the level to be A rank, you a greatly mistaken if you think Mayumi and Mari aren't A rank magicians. I gave more explanations below regarding Miyuki's magic.

Spoiler for Lucky Lu:

OK, you are right. But it doesn't mean he would have been OHKOed.

Quote:
The reaction is different because it was just invented not even on the market and somebody already has it in use (suspicious much) at least something like that.
No, they are surprised because it is a very difficult magic, method for testing A rank magician that Miyuki, a first year, used with ease. There is also the fact that they think of her as a member of a mundane family. The activation sequence is well known.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 10:42   Link #166
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Zodiac Aries View Post
i concur. i can't see miyuki do any dirty work like an assasin.
she's prepared to manage a clan like Yotsuba Maya.
Miyuki is not prepared be a combatant like Tatsuya, Ayako or Fumiya.
Not sure about this,but you forgot that Fumiya is also a heir candidate,and he is sent in missions and from the story,Miyuki is calm in battle especially in the Yokohama arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
OK, you are right. But it doesn't mean he would have been OHKOed.

No, they are surprised because it is a very difficult magic, method for testing A rank magician that Miyuki, a first year, used with ease. There is also the fact that they think of her as a member of a mundane family. The activation sequence is well known.
For Lu,if Miyuki took action he would be defeated in minutes.

For Miyuki,wasn't it stated that some of her magic she used in 9SC,AS wasn't published yet and probably would be only available to those who was going to get test for being an A-rank magician or has graduated from university?(I think it was A-chan who mentioned it in vol 4).
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 17:56   Link #167
Raskreia
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Raskreia Send a message via AIM to Raskreia Send a message via Yahoo to Raskreia
I think it was pretty well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViFWYfBGAT0
Raskreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:51   Link #168
Navinor

What to do you think about the character of Miyuki?

She seems to be nice to people, but yet she is an evil person which try to achieve her goals with manipulation.

She thinks of other men nothing or lesser than "beans". But in the same time she has a huge brother complex. Even trying to sleep next to tatsuya.

And that driven by "love" towards her brother.

I think this huge psychological problem was developed due to the near death experience.

She can be icecold when it comes to terms of geting advantage of something.

In her deep core she is a Yotsuba to the fulliest and would commit cruel things, only make sure Tatsuya could live a normal life.

Otherwise, when there would be a chance of geting freedom from the Yotsuba, Miyuki would anhilate her own clan without a doubt.

Everything for Tatsuya. Still this "hardcore neediness" realy is not normal.

Last edited by Navinor; 2014-07-09 at 16:02.
Navinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 18:28   Link #169
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navinor View Post

She seems to be nice to people, but yet she is an evil person which try to achieve her goals with manipulation.

She thinks of other men nothing or lesser than "beans". But in the same time she has a huge brother complex. Even trying to sleep next to tatsuya.

I think this huge psychological problem was developed due to the near death experience.

In her deep core she is a Yotsuba to the fulliest and would commit cruel things, only make sure Tatsuya could live a normal life.

Otherwise, when there would be a chance of geting freedom from the Yotsuba, Miyuki would anhilate her own clan without a doubt.

I get that you hate Miyuki but I think you should pay more atention when reading the novel because most of what you wrote there is pure nonsense.

PS: No, I'm not a Miyuki fanboy and particularly like both Lina and Honoka more than Miyuki. But you totally distorted Miyuki's character into some evil, manipulative and cold hearted villain, which she's not.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 22:03   Link #170
IceHism

Ehhh, Miyuki is not evil nor a villain but I think she is pretty cold to people and can be cruel when necessary. She, like Tatsuya, always wears a mask/facade when she interacts with people (though I suppose almost everyone in Mahouka has something to hide). I think her real personality lies somewhere between her happy bubbly self and her yotsuba characteristics

Hmm, I wonder if Miyuki has some sort of power fetish.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 22:12   Link #171
bietchie11

Quote:

Well, i think you simply read too much about stereo-type characters to really comprehend her.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-07-09, 23:40   Link #172
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Ehhh, Miyuki is not evil nor a villain but I think she is pretty cold to people and can be cruel when necessary. She, like Tatsuya, always wears a mask/facade when she interacts with people (though I suppose almost everyone in Mahouka has something to hide). I think her real personality lies somewhere between her happy bubbly self and her yotsuba characteristics

Hmm, I wonder if Miyuki has some sort of power fetish.
lol, I agree with you.
And, she is not evil, but she will do anything in order to help Tatsuya.
I think, her real self shows up when she is with Tatsuya.

In the public, she acts as the way she supposed to act. But, she seems to be a little open to her friends.

For power fetish part, yes, she may be.
She gets really irritated when she cannot help Tatsuya, and others such as Ayako can help him. If Miyuki desires power, it is for the sake of Tatsuya not herself.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 07:38   Link #173
Navinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I get that you hate Miyuki but I think you should pay more atention when reading the novel because most of what you wrote there is pure nonsense.

PS: No, I'm not a Miyuki fanboy and particularly like both Lina and Honoka more than Miyuki. But you totally distorted Miyuki's character into some evil, manipulative and cold hearted villain, which she's not.
What are you blabbering here?

I do not hate Miyuki. The only thing i do not agree with is the incest. But i am still reading this light novel, because it is the only bad point it has.

When you look it from a realistic psychological aspect, Miyuki has lots of that aspects. Maybe not in their 100 % pure form. Miyuki is not Sauron of course.

But still she is not the shiny angal some people want her to be.

And Miyuki has some daker sides to her, wich maybe will revealed throuh the ongoing series.
Navinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 11:42   Link #174
I'm-here-present

Quote:
What are you blabbering here?

I do not hate Miyuki. The only thing i do not agree with is the incest. But i am still reading this light novel, because it is the only bad point it has.

When you look it from a realistic psychological aspect, Miyuki has lots of that aspects. Maybe not in their 100 % pure form. Miyuki is not Sauron of course.

But still she is not the shiny angal some people want her to be.

And Miyuki has some daker sides to her, wich maybe will revealed throuh the ongoing series.
You know some may hate Miyuki for those reason, especially about the incest part, but honest it is what sells her character and for so many to like her.

Cuz she has very unique quirk compared to the rest of the mainstream Mahouka characters.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 08:18   Link #175
OHIMESAMA

Well Miyuki is a very unusual girl with a very usual bro-con persona
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 10:48   Link #176
TheDisruptiveOne

Personality wise, Miyuki is a lot like her late mother.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 08:01   Link #177
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I can't wait for the day Miyuki gets pregnant...Her children are destined to be gods among men.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 08:07   Link #178
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I can't wait for the day Miyuki gets pregnant...Her children are destined to be gods among men.
Twins, of course? ^^
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 08:26   Link #179
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
With Fumiya or Masaki?
Old 2014-07-19, 09:01   Link #180
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
With Fumiya or Masaki?
Or with Katsuto-kun
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote