Mangagamer tweeted that the Higurashi re-translation will have "New Sprites"

Hmmm....?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 10:04   Link #282
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
By any chance will there be any translators working on translating it once it's release-like what Spider Lily Translations done for Higanabana no Saku Yoru ni?
Potentially… It's something that's being looked into. Can't say anything at present, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Mangagamer tweeted that the Higurashi re-translation will have "New Sprites"

Hmmm....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinamizawan View Post
Character pages (and birth months and days) are now available if you can comprehend Japanese: http://07th-expansion.net/higu_hou/cha.htm

Rika no longer August 25? Mion/Shion no longer February 11 (and possibly 2 years older than Keiichi)? I guess some things never really were official because it was only according to Matsuri.
07th Expansion revealed the birthdays of all their characters in their Comiket 85 book back in December last year. I compiled a CSV file containing all of them:
http://m0e.uk/07th_char_data.csv
Old 2014-07-04, 10:33   Link #283
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
To add to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://blog.mangagamer.org/2014/07/03/announcements-from-anime-expo-2014/
And lastly, we’re proud to announce our special surprise–Higurashi will be getting updated sprites for its upcoming Steam release! The new sprites are being illustrated by Kurosaki from Caramelbox, who previously worked on Uhou Renka. We will be releasing Higurashi by the chapter, so we hope to have the first chapter of the updated release out by the end of year! We’ll also be selling the new version on our website as well. Those who buy the new version from our website will also receive Steam keys for the game. The old version with the original sprites will continue to be sold on our website as well, and all current and future owners of this version will also receive the updated translation at no additional cost.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 10:49   Link #284
TW25

I know a lot of people are probably excited about the new sprites for the Mangagamer version, but I feel like they're slowly frankenstein'ing a new game into existence just to appeal to the Steam market.

Which is ironic considering the announcement of Higurashi Hou and its philosophy of appealing to those who have loved the original works...
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 11:14   Link #285
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW25 View Post
I know a lot of people are probably excited about the new sprites for the Mangagamer version, but I feel like they're slowly frankenstein'ing a new game into existence just to appeal to the Steam market.
Well, more people checking out Higurashi can only be a good thing. If things work out, the Steam release will include the original sprites too. I do love the new sprites, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinamizawan View Post
What I find humorous and ironic is that Mion and Shion were born on July 10 according to the site for Hou and April 10 according to that Comiket 85. Is this a minor debacle or flub?
I… hadn't noticed that. :-O One of those is probably a mistake. Maybe I'll try and get some clarification for that.
Old 2014-07-04, 14:48   Link #286
TW25

By the way, here's a translation of Tamura's dialogue snippet. I tried looking at Une's bio but it's pretty vague so even if I had the skill to translate it there probably wouldn't be much to learn from it.

「何と醜き光景か......。己が罪に震えよ」
"What an ugly spectacle... Tremble at my sin"

Last edited by TW25; 2014-07-19 at 21:37. Reason: Translation fix
Old 2014-07-07, 20:06   Link #287
Observer1994

Can't...resist...the cuteness. It might just be me but isn't Une one of the key-utest things you've ever seen? I just wanna pat her lil head and pinch her lil cheeks~
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 19:04   Link #288
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
Can't...resist...the cuteness. It might just be me but isn't Une one of the key-utest things you've ever seen? I just wanna pat her lil head and pinch her lil cheeks~
Rena will have a new thing to take home, for sure.

I'm wondering, where is this image with all her expressions from? I don't think all those expressions are in the preview screens on AmiAmi.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 15:49   Link #289
Observer1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Rena will have a new thing to take home, for sure.

I'm wondering, where is this image with all her expressions from? I don't think all those expressions are in the preview screens on AmiAmi.
Well, I don't think there on AmiAmi either. I got them from the preview screens that were uploaded on here...

http://whentheycry.wikia.com/wiki/Hi...ku_Koro_ni_Hou
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 04:04   Link #290
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm quite pleased with the new artwork, it will be like a new experience once they release it. I'm also wondering how different is the re-translation going to be?

Do we know when this will be released?
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 10:48   Link #291
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I'm quite pleased with the new artwork, it will be like a new experience once they release it. I'm also wondering how different is the re-translation going to be?

Do we know when this will be released?
MangaGamer is planning to release Higurashi as individual arcs. Onikakushi has already been re-translated and edited.

From what I have read it seems they are currently waiting for all the new sprites to be finished. It is unknown to them when it is going to be done. The sprites which where shared here are the only ones which where colored in at the time.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-07-20 at 11:36.
Old 2014-07-20, 11:21   Link #292
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Higurashi is being retranslated from scratch, so the translation should be reasonably different (though the story is of course the same).

MangaGamer are currently waiting on the new sprite artwork. The game also has to go through scripting, debug, then another phase of scripting before it is released.

Onikakushi-hen will hopefully be released in December.
Old 2014-08-03, 03:43   Link #293
fuff

anybody know what this is about?

http://07th-expansion.net/party/Main.html

also for this

http://07th-expansion.net/higu_hou/Main.htm

what the coming soon part?
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 08:48   Link #294
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
anybody know what this is about?

http://07th-expansion.net/party/Main.html
07th Expansion Party is an event for 07th Expansion-themed doujinshi, and other festivities. It's going to be in October 5th, and this is going to be the 3rd one. It sure would be fun to attend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
also for this

http://07th-expansion.net/higu_hou/Main.htm

what the coming soon part?
I don't speak Japanese, but judging from the tab with the same Japanese characters on the Higanbana page, it's going to be the system specifications of the game. Like operating system, RAM required, etc. For a doujin VN, it probably won't be anything too crazy.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 11:38   Link #295
TW25

The specifications page on the site has yet to be updated, but seeing as the game has been released the info is now out there. The PC requirements are unsurprisingly the same as they've always been and each disc is listed as requiring 1.4 GB of space.

Disc 1 will install Higurashi, Higurashi Kai, and Higurashi Rei so you don't need to touch this disc if you've already got those and Disc 2 installs all the new Higurashi Hou content. Please remember that Hou contains the three previously announced stories and is not equal in size to the first three Higurashi games due to the space requirements being listed as 1.4 GB for each disc.

Also, Kamikanshi-hen is more appropriately translated as God Violating Chapter. I saw this translation on the wiki and this is definitely the intended meaning.

Last edited by TW25; 2014-08-19 at 11:54.
Old 2014-08-24, 00:05   Link #296
Shmoof

Is there any hope of the new Steam version having the voices in them? I just finished the seventh chapter now from Mangagamer and I'm having a hard time wanting to continue. I'm so far in Mai Nakahara withdrawal it isn't funny.
Shmoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 05:38   Link #297
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoof View Post
Is there any hope of the new Steam version having the voices in them? I just finished the seventh chapter now from Mangagamer and I'm having a hard time wanting to continue. I'm so far in Mai Nakahara withdrawal it isn't funny.
The voices are part of the PS2 game, which is owned by Alchemist, not 07th Expansion. So I doubt it.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 07:59   Link #298
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Has MangaGamer mentioned anything about reworking the art of the backgrounds?
Old 2014-08-25, 09:36   Link #299
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Has MangaGamer mentioned anything about reworking the art of the backgrounds?
If I remember correctly they have said it was too expensive and wasn't as necessary as the sprites.
Old 2014-08-25, 09:41   Link #300
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I see, thanks for the info.

I really want to reread Higurashi and the wait for this version is killing me xD